Topic Stats

• 417 posts
  • 79 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 18 hours ago by Nikrox2
  • Topic is favorited by 34 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 90 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_20191118_095953.jpg
AD1B2DB7-EF08-46AA-A0CB-18285E897188 (resized).jpeg
EFDDE5DC-14E1-41D1-828F-CB501543A168 (resized).jpeg
389D7190-098A-42C5-A70F-26A2F4008A4E (resized).jpeg
474A759C-1DA2-4860-9EA7-81007E817AB0 (resized).jpeg
B8D4B5E7-F652-42EA-A94C-30CAB603D852 (resized).jpeg
1579DFC8-4879-4040-AE43-9B30605249AB (resized).jpeg
3160EAEA-30EC-4834-95B7-2E826ED6C0DE (resized).jpeg
DC48CA88-1ED5-4FEB-9EE5-DAAC3BBAED53 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8900 (resized).jpg
Sharp Shooter - Power Supply (resized).jpg
87FE9C1B-44B2-4BF8-991D-DFF28883338D (resized).jpeg
1467050095.png
DMM (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20190904_085859_org.mozilla.firefox(1).jpg
IMG_0591 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ronss.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#147 2 years ago
Quoted from MrArt2u:

Hey!! Where did everybody go?? I FINALLY bought my first Gameplan and I want to join the club!!
It's a Sharpshooter!
It's DOA! (acid galore. Bad backglass. no lockdown bar...)
I'm gonna have a lot of questions!!

Ha! I'm glad you posted in this thread, I just picked mine up a few weeks ago. Mine is/was around 95% playable.

Here's a quick question, where can I find/purchase FULL SIZE schematics?

Looking forward to helping each other out

2 weeks later
#149 2 years ago

PinPilot, I'm jealous for certain!

I was just checking out your game collection, is this the only Andromeda you have, or did you already own one and this is the Bonus?

I know there isn't a lot of love for Sharpshooter around here, but I've been playing mine at 90% working status for over a month and really enjoy it. I say you go grab that other one

1 month later
#154 2 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

other parts I am ISO if you can help out.
I need 2 gameplan drop targets in red. If those are unobtanium, it sounds like Sega drops and then modify the drop mech to be 1/4inch lower is the trick? If I go that route, does anyone still have the bullseye target stickers?
Last thing I need is the top plastic channel that fite the top of the backglass. The glass is thicker than most and I cant find the correct part.

I bought a set of Data East (Sega) drops as extras for my Sharpshooter. Haven't eeded them yet.

I was also looking into running a batch of bullseye stickers for when I did switch over so if anyone wants to run a batch I'll take 8 -10. If not I may try to run them myself and post for everyone at some point.

#180 2 years ago
Quoted from SealClubber:

Here is my SharpShooter II drop target decal artwork if anyone wants to use it. I copied and pasted it a bunch of times into powerpoint and printed them onto label paper. Then cut them to size with my wife's scrapbook slicer. One sheet of paper made me probably a lifetime of stickers. I would print in low quality greyscale until you get them sized right. I don't remember the settings. I would also print them out on a Laser Printer if I were to do it again.

Thanks!

#184 2 years ago

On another note, I'm guilty of not ranking or writing a review of this game. I see it needs maybe 3 more votes, maybe some of you Sharpshooter folk could post up some numbers and show this pin some love.

#186 2 years ago

Yeah, it's misleading.
You should trade me your Andromeda for my Sharpshooter so you'll feel better about it.

3 weeks later
#201 2 years ago
Quoted from fredsmythson:

I bought a Game Plan Attila the Hun about 20 years ago for $150. Replaced one transistor on the driver board and that was it. I've never done any upgrades or mods to the machine and it has been working great for 20 years. Probably the most reliable machine I have. Game Plan machines are definitely underrated...

I just bought an Echo Lake board as a back up. Mine plays fine, but I'd hate to lose it! I love that not too many rate these highly, of course, I wish they'd pop up for sale more often as well.

1 month later
#206 2 years ago

I don't believe mine makes a sound for extra ball. I'll check later tonight or tomorrow.

#208 2 years ago

Just realized you have a Sharpshooter II, I have the first one. I think it is the same programming, heck, it is basically the EXACT same game. Lazy Gameplan!

#209 2 years ago

Haven't forgotten about you, just didn't achieve my goal

1 week later
#212 2 years ago

I did some leds as well. (Sharpshooter )
GI seems fine, but most playfield lights spaz.

Try doing only a few at a time. I have a feeling it can handle about 6 before resistance levels go crazy.

You could also probably wire individual resisters for each socket.

#213 2 years ago
Quoted from canoncitypb:

I have a sharpshooter II that I picked up for a great price. The game is very addicting. When you set the game to extra balls, should the game make a sound when you get a "special"? I have an explosion sound for an awarded credit, but no sound for an extra ball special.

Bought an F14, been busy
I did get an extra ball lit, but never achieved that, but no sound. I know it's not a special but ,,,,

3 months later
#217 1 year ago

Welcome!
The game is fun, hopefully you can get it rolling again.

#223 1 year ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Get an Andromeda Much better game!

I have never seen either one of those listed anywhere near my area, good luck!

2 months later
#248 1 year ago
Quoted from oilspot:

I LOVE THIS GAME! solid feeling construction, fast action, herculean flippers, lots to shoot at, pop bumpers down near the flippers keep you on your toes, I think this is my new favorite table.

Sharpshooter was my first pin, it kept us busy nearly a year as our only pin. It's a great game!

Miss mine already.

6 months later
#271 10 months ago
Quoted from Aladdin:

Picked up a nice Sharpshooter this week. Battery was starting to corrode. I cleaned it up, reseated the #26 MPU chip, found a stuck switch #302 “letter H” which was causing the Playfield Fuse to blow as the drop target reset thought that Target was still down.
Everything works now.[quoted image]

Still miss mine.

8 months later
#339 80 days ago
Quoted from Nikrox2:

New to the club. First Game Plan machine for me. It’s a Sharp Shooter. Question - she’s not booting up. The fuse under the playfield blows immediately. Seems all coils fire at once and then the fuse blows. Not getting any flashes on the mpu Any tips or ideas to look for ?

I'd suggest start by unhooking most connectors. Start putting them back one at a time (GI first?) and trying to boot. Eventually you'll have a starting point.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Sale Pending!
Denver, CO
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 15.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Renaissance, FLORIDA
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 18.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 28.00
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 26.95
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Funhouse Custom Lamp Out of stock
Professor Pinball
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ronss.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside