Screenshot_20231101-194514 (resized).png
IMG_3632 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3612 (resized).jpeg
kemet_ceramic_capacitor_part_numbers.jpg
IMG_2431 (resized).jpg
IMG_6396.jpeg
IMG_3386 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3388 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RonSS.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#147 6 years ago
Quoted from MrArt2u:

Hey!! Where did everybody go?? I FINALLY bought my first Gameplan and I want to join the club!!
It's a Sharpshooter!
It's DOA! (acid galore. Bad backglass. no lockdown bar...)
I'm gonna have a lot of questions!!

Ha! I'm glad you posted in this thread, I just picked mine up a few weeks ago. Mine is/was around 95% playable.

Here's a quick question, where can I find/purchase FULL SIZE schematics?

Looking forward to helping each other out

2 weeks later
#149 6 years ago

PinPilot, I'm jealous for certain!

I was just checking out your game collection, is this the only Andromeda you have, or did you already own one and this is the Bonus?

I know there isn't a lot of love for Sharpshooter around here, but I've been playing mine at 90% working status for over a month and really enjoy it. I say you go grab that other one

1 month later
#154 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

other parts I am ISO if you can help out.
I need 2 gameplan drop targets in red. If those are unobtanium, it sounds like Sega drops and then modify the drop mech to be 1/4inch lower is the trick? If I go that route, does anyone still have the bullseye target stickers?
Last thing I need is the top plastic channel that fite the top of the backglass. The glass is thicker than most and I cant find the correct part.

I bought a set of Data East (Sega) drops as extras for my Sharpshooter. Haven't eeded them yet.

I was also looking into running a batch of bullseye stickers for when I did switch over so if anyone wants to run a batch I'll take 8 -10. If not I may try to run them myself and post for everyone at some point.

#180 6 years ago
Quoted from SealClubber:

Here is my SharpShooter II drop target decal artwork if anyone wants to use it. I copied and pasted it a bunch of times into powerpoint and printed them onto label paper. Then cut them to size with my wife's scrapbook slicer. One sheet of paper made me probably a lifetime of stickers. I would print in low quality greyscale until you get them sized right. I don't remember the settings. I would also print them out on a Laser Printer if I were to do it again.

Thanks!

#184 6 years ago

On another note, I'm guilty of not ranking or writing a review of this game. I see it needs maybe 3 more votes, maybe some of you Sharpshooter folk could post up some numbers and show this pin some love.

#186 6 years ago

Yeah, it's misleading.
You should trade me your Andromeda for my Sharpshooter so you'll feel better about it.

3 weeks later
#201 6 years ago
Quoted from fredsmythson:

I bought a Game Plan Attila the Hun about 20 years ago for $150. Replaced one transistor on the driver board and that was it. I've never done any upgrades or mods to the machine and it has been working great for 20 years. Probably the most reliable machine I have. Game Plan machines are definitely underrated...

I just bought an Echo Lake board as a back up. Mine plays fine, but I'd hate to lose it! I love that not too many rate these highly, of course, I wish they'd pop up for sale more often as well.

1 month later
#206 6 years ago

I don't believe mine makes a sound for extra ball. I'll check later tonight or tomorrow.

#208 6 years ago

Just realized you have a Sharpshooter II, I have the first one. I think it is the same programming, heck, it is basically the EXACT same game. Lazy Gameplan!

#209 6 years ago

Haven't forgotten about you, just didn't achieve my goal

1 week later
#212 6 years ago

I did some leds as well. (Sharpshooter )
GI seems fine, but most playfield lights spaz.

Try doing only a few at a time. I have a feeling it can handle about 6 before resistance levels go crazy.

You could also probably wire individual resisters for each socket.

#213 6 years ago
Quoted from canoncitypb:

I have a sharpshooter II that I picked up for a great price. The game is very addicting. When you set the game to extra balls, should the game make a sound when you get a "special"? I have an explosion sound for an awarded credit, but no sound for an extra ball special.

Bought an F14, been busy
I did get an extra ball lit, but never achieved that, but no sound. I know it's not a special but ,,,,

3 months later
#217 6 years ago

Welcome!
The game is fun, hopefully you can get it rolling again.

#223 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Get an Andromeda Much better game!

I have never seen either one of those listed anywhere near my area, good luck!

2 months later
#248 5 years ago
Quoted from oilspot:

I LOVE THIS GAME! solid feeling construction, fast action, herculean flippers, lots to shoot at, pop bumpers down near the flippers keep you on your toes, I think this is my new favorite table.

Sharpshooter was my first pin, it kept us busy nearly a year as our only pin. It's a great game!

Miss mine already.

6 months later
#271 5 years ago
Quoted from Aladdin:

Picked up a nice Sharpshooter this week. Battery was starting to corrode. I cleaned it up, reseated the #26 MPU chip, found a stuck switch #302 “letter H” which was causing the Playfield Fuse to blow as the drop target reset thought that Target was still down.
Everything works now.[quoted image]

Still miss mine.

8 months later
#339 4 years ago
Quoted from Nikrox2:

New to the club. First Game Plan machine for me. It’s a Sharp Shooter. Question - she’s not booting up. The fuse under the playfield blows immediately. Seems all coils fire at once and then the fuse blows. Not getting any flashes on the mpu Any tips or ideas to look for ?

I'd suggest start by unhooking most connectors. Start putting them back one at a time (GI first?) and trying to boot. Eventually you'll have a starting point.

2 years later
#788 1 year ago

My first machine was a Sharpshooter. Came with a spare playfield mostly populated. I've been eyeing it lately, and this thread isn't helping!

Glad to see so much love here. And moreso, replacement parts like boards and targets!

#790 1 year ago
Quoted from Robotworkshop:

Sharpshooter is a great game. Working on some upgraded alternative code for it with a new sound package.

That's why I've kept the playfield. Been thinking "someday " I'd build one with new code.

- - - - - - -

Any preference between SS1 and SS2 here? I realize it's basically the same game. Does one play better than the other? Is one less desirable than the other?

1 month later
#807 1 year ago
Quoted from OCD_pinball:

Finishing up a Sharpshooter rebuild and the only item left is dealing with the head connectors, Some flakey issues here and there.
Does anybody just shit can those and go with solder and heat shrink ?
PITA either way, but I think less connectors= better, although not original
What do you think ?

I replaced with Molex and wrapped colored electrical tape around the pairs (since many were now the same number and shape).

There was also that used some old computer monitor connections if I'm not mistaken.

Either way, I'd keep the head removable.

#809 1 year ago
Quoted from OCD_pinball:

If I solder up and want to take the head off, won't it be just like an old Bally.
Remove the connectors from the boards, drop them into the cabinet and remove the head.

Personally, I think you're looking at future problems. Breaking a wire or connector is an "easy" fix. If a board somehow gets tweaked,,,,, you're (or the new owner is) in trouble.

If it were easier, or cheaper, to run a single wire from the factory I'm certain they would have.

That's my $0.02. But I'm no pinball guru.

Good luck with whatever decision you go with.

2 months later
#837 1 year ago
Quoted from frunch:

Agreed!! There weren't many non-Sharpshooter GP games going around in the first place and the few that would surface were probably being overlooked for that reason. It's surprising they don't have a bigger following, but perhaps that will change with these new MPUs. I think sharpshooter plays great and imagine the others are probably a blast too.

Frunch, I think you bought my Sharpshooter. I agree, a nice shooter! I've got another playfield I'm itching to arduino up, but need a cab for it.

Never enough projects!

DesertT1: way to go!

3 months later
#882 1 year ago

Anyone have a cheap Sharpshooter project in the Northeast they'd like to unload? I have a decent semi-populated playfield begging for a home.

#887 1 year ago
Quoted from MrBigg:

These connectors were replaced not long ago with new ones, but I will never use molex connectors on a pin again. I'll be swapping over to aviation connectors like I did on my homebrew, and never, ever have to concern myself with connectors again. In 37 years in the electronics, and electrical business, pinball machines use the worst, and I mean worst connectors of anything I've ever seen. Punch down types, and molex are literally the bottom of the barrel in the electrical world.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Nice!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 179.99
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 16.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

$ 19.98
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RonSS.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/game-plan-owners-club-sharpshooters-welcome?tu=RonSS and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.