Topic Stats

• 263 posts
  • 58 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 42 days ago by Playdium
  • Topic is favorited by 23 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 47 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

4B4C97B7-E196-40A3-97AF-39574F99527B (resized).jpeg
5BA01FFE-31C5-4607-8C90-D0BC39B08AB3 (resized).jpeg
C121CDE2-664C-410E-8BB8-7558ABB14772 (resized).jpeg
3786BBB5-9094-4012-ACFF-8EBD5A02B5B4 (resized).jpeg
20180601_001005 (resized).jpg
IMG_4240 (resized).JPG
20180526_135124 (resized).jpg
20180526_135149 (resized).jpg
20180526_135202 (resized).jpg
20180524_193236 (resized).jpg
20180524_204310 (resized).jpg
3261DE56-A401-4ECB-889D-E669EBE23FB9 (resized).jpeg
2CE2B2F0-0F54-4676-A46A-ECEA63386763 (resized).jpeg
0B2E3C87-289F-4BFB-9E6A-4B8E9BE92C65 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1057 (resized).JPG
received_1447373495388717 (resized).jpeg

There are 264 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 6.
#201 1 year ago
Quoted from fredsmythson:

I bought a Game Plan Attila the Hun about 20 years ago for $150. Replaced one transistor on the driver board and that was it. I've never done any upgrades or mods to the machine and it has been working great for 20 years. Probably the most reliable machine I have. Game Plan machines are definitely underrated...

I just bought an Echo Lake board as a back up. Mine plays fine, but I'd hate to lose it! I love that not too many rate these highly, of course, I wish they'd pop up for sale more often as well.

3 weeks later
#202 1 year ago

I started a Facebook group: Game Plan Pinball. The discussions might be easier to follow in a smaller setting. See you there.

Jason

#203 1 year ago
Quoted from SchertzPinball:

I started a Facebook group: Game Plan Pinball. The discussions might be easier to follow in a smaller setting. See you there.
Jason

Link?

#204 1 year ago

Did a search in facebook and don't see it.

3 weeks later
#205 11 months ago

I have a sharpshooter II that I picked up for a great price. The game is very addicting. When you set the game to extra balls, should the game make a sound when you get a "special"? I have an explosion sound for an awarded credit, but no sound for an extra ball special.

#206 11 months ago

I don't believe mine makes a sound for extra ball. I'll check later tonight or tomorrow.

#207 11 months ago

cool, thanks.

#208 11 months ago

Just realized you have a Sharpshooter II, I have the first one. I think it is the same programming, heck, it is basically the EXACT same game. Lazy Gameplan!

#209 11 months ago

Haven't forgotten about you, just didn't achieve my goal

1 week later
#211 11 months ago

Attila the Hun owner her
Grat game!
Got it a year or so ago not working and in pieces but everything thing was there. With spare sound card.
Lot of bent pins on the boards. Replace most pcb plugs
Lot of 2N5060 needed replacement.
Pinrepair was geat!
http://www.pinrepair.com/gp/
Would not have a working pin with out this site
End up using DE drop targets it had 3 broken GP ones.
New Flipper coils from Marco.
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/21-50008
New Flipper EOS switch from PSPA.
http://www.pinballspareparts.com.au/03-7811.htm
Have done a CR3032 battery mod.
Playfled needs sone work.
Have done a led replacement and the leds flash. has any over come this problem?

2017-11-19 19.39.51 (resized).jpg

#212 11 months ago

I did some leds as well. (Sharpshooter )
GI seems fine, but most playfield lights spaz.

Try doing only a few at a time. I have a feeling it can handle about 6 before resistance levels go crazy.

You could also probably wire individual resisters for each socket.

#213 11 months ago
Quoted from canoncitypb:

I have a sharpshooter II that I picked up for a great price. The game is very addicting. When you set the game to extra balls, should the game make a sound when you get a "special"? I have an explosion sound for an awarded credit, but no sound for an extra ball special.

Bought an F14, been busy
I did get an extra ball lit, but never achieved that, but no sound. I know it's not a special but ,,,,

#214 11 months ago

I am looking for GP white drop targets 3 off

Been placeing individual resisters for each socket tho some time's thay still spaz.?
Still got hafe the sockets to add resisters too. Just hoping there was a easy way then placeing reststers on evey socket.
Never had problem with GI and LED

#215 11 months ago

Looking for a complete GP coin door.

3 months later
#216 7 months ago

New here. Just picked up a ratty Sharpshooter for $100. No battery damage to mpu at all, but pf is worn heavily, busted drop targets, broken plastics, and it doesn't boot. But....it was $100

#217 7 months ago

Welcome!
The game is fun, hopefully you can get it rolling again.

#218 7 months ago
Quoted from oilspot:

New here. Just picked up a ratty Sharpshooter for $100. No battery damage to mpu at all, but pf is worn heavily, busted drop targets, broken plastics, and it doesn't boot. But....it was $100

Super Jealous of a $100 Sharpeshooter!

Worth $100 just to have and look at!!!

#219 7 months ago

Thanks gentlemen. I'm still trying to get my head around the board work to get it going. Not exactly an electronics whizkid, more of a mechanical guy. I picked it up thinking of re-braining it with arduino controllers or something if I can't fix the old boards. I have done enough testing on it to rule out the power supply or related connections. I was hoping it might be like my old Supersonic that came to life after cleaning a couple board connectors. Nope. But at least someone had the presence of mind to clip the battery out in time so someone may be able to rebuild it. I'll get a couple pics up later on .

#220 7 months ago

As found, before I even unloaded it. Accidentally posted bg pic twice, couldn't figure out how to remove extra. BG is pretty nice except for some scratches right in the uhhh bosom of the lovely lady on the right.

received_1447433198716080 (resized).jpeg

received_1447433198716080 (resized).jpeg

received_1447373495388717 (resized).jpeg

#221 7 months ago

Im not in this club, but I hope to be someday with a Cyclopes Subscribing to watch the fun!

#222 7 months ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Im not in this club, but I hope to be someday with a Cyclopes Subscribing to watch the fun!

Get an Andromeda Much better game!

#223 7 months ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I have never seen either one of those listed anywhere near my area, good luck!

#224 7 months ago
Quoted from RonSS:

I have never seen either one of those listed anywhere near my area, good luck!

Same here, I saw my first Andromeda this past weekend.

Quoted from Whysnow:

Of course!! I’d like to have both someday, I just like the individuality of Cyclopes. Put it on 1 ball, and I love it!

1 month later
#225 5 months ago

Just starting my journey.

IMG_1057 (resized).JPG

#226 5 months ago

Nice acquisition clytor, I've had my eye out for that one to!!

#227 5 months ago

Hey gang, I could use some help. I'm new to Gameplan games and I picked up an Andromeda. The game was playing fine, starting up without any issues. Now however, the game boots up just fine, balls are in the trough, the game's switches all test fine in test mode, but the start button won't start a game. Any thoughts? The MPU is an Echo Lake.

#228 5 months ago

Just picked up a Pinball Lizard. Game is in pretty nice shape. Looks like it was once in the possession of Todd at TNT amusement as it still has his stickers on the apron.

0B2E3C87-289F-4BFB-9E6A-4B8E9BE92C65 (resized).jpeg

2CE2B2F0-0F54-4676-A46A-ECEA63386763 (resized).jpeg

3261DE56-A401-4ECB-889D-E669EBE23FB9 (resized).jpeg

#229 5 months ago

I’d like to buy someone’s Cyclopes if anyone is interested in letting go

#230 5 months ago

Anyone have a link to replacement drop target decals for Sharpshooter? Finally getting the drop target mech rebuilt and will need some decals for the new targets before i finish reassembly.

Thanks!

#231 5 months ago
Quoted from noahpdavis:

I used the Bally AQ-25-500/34-4500 Flipper Coil when I converted mine.

Contrary to some of the posts in this thread, I would not recommend this coil as a replacement unless you want to downpower your flipper strength. I have these in my Andromeda now and am swapping them out for the original Gameplan coils (which can be purchased NOS from Steve Young at PBR, or replacements seem to be available on eBay). The Bally coils are not nearly as snappy.

#232 5 months ago

Another Sharpshooter will live again! My $100 Sharpshooter that I'd nearly given up on showed signs of life tonight. Zero MPU LED flashed when I bought it, shotgunned all the socketed ICs, still nuthin. Replaced Q4, cut and strapped the board for new ROMs, new socket at U26, all I got for my effort was a hot Z80 CPU chip... so tonight I decided to swap the old Z80 back in, to test whether it was my work or the new chip. As I was running up the stairs to the machine I tripped, spilling homebrew all over the MPU! . After swearing up a blur streak an patting it dry,in it went. CPU didn't seem to be as hot... 5v at pin 26.... still no LED flashes.... plugged in the displays , light board, etc... mpu controlled playfield lights started flashing, displays show credits, zeroes, hit the button..... startup rune and ball kicks out! IT WAS A BAD LED! now, there's still lots of problems.. only one playfield solenoid works when the transistor tab is grounded, the lower pop bumper. The switches only half work. The connectors between the head and cabinet are a mess of corrosion. I suspect the solenoid driver board is mostly smoked. But it plays! Homebrew fixes everything!

20180524_204310 (resized).jpg

20180524_193236 (resized).jpg

#233 5 months ago

oilspot I still have some issues with my Cyclopes and I have only brewed one batch of beer so far. The IPA actually came out pretty decent. Maybe I should try a second batch so I can pour some on my game. Miracle beer!

#234 5 months ago

This is a magic pilsner, early quality control sample so it's still a little murky looking. There really is nothing beer can't do!

#235 5 months ago

Sesh. I am having the same problem with my andromeda with the same cpu board. Haven’t figured it out yet.

#236 4 months ago

Can someone post pictures of how their flipper coil wires are wired? I have an Andromeda, but I think most of the uprights would look the same

#237 4 months ago

Sharpshooter flipper coils.

20180526_135202 (resized).jpg

20180526_135149 (resized).jpg

20180526_135124 (resized).jpg

#238 4 months ago

Thanks oilspot. I installed NOS coils in my Andromeda today and wanted to be double certain before turning it on.

#239 4 months ago

Replaced the LED today on the MPU board and still nuthin . So replaced the 2n3904 transistor that runs it. Now we have six flashes!

#240 4 months ago

I finally got to try booting up my Sharpshooter today and it's working! Kind of. There's a number of issues that need to be worked out, but the first I'd like to tackle is the displays. All 5 have some amount of flicker and seem to be showing garbage (random segments/digits).

Suggestions as to what might be causing this?

Thanks!

#241 4 months ago

Cyclopes owners: I want one. I'm gonna put this here for trade bait (though I'd pay cash if that's preferable).

IMG_4240 (resized).JPG

#242 4 months ago

frunch, lack of a battery will show garbage on the displays in lieu of high score or other memory related stuff

#243 4 months ago
Quoted from oilspot:

frunch, lack of a battery will show garbage on the displays in lieu of high score or other memory related stuff

Thanks for the response! Turns out all of the displays had one or more bad MPSA13 transistors. I had enough on hand to fix 2 score displays and the credit/match display. Turns out even just one bad transistor can wreak havoc on these display boards. I was just stumped at first because i thought at least one board would have been ok. The fact that all of them were exhibiting problems made me wonder if it could have been an mpu or connector or 5v issue. Onto the next issue!

#244 4 months ago

Good to know, I'll keep it in mind should mine screw up!

#245 4 months ago

Wonder if somebody had somehow crossed a connector and fed too much voltage to them in the past or something? DK if it's even possible but having the same component poofed on all five boards is suspicious...

#246 4 months ago

There was definitely some issues with the wiring and connector for the displays, but i straightened all that out before turning the game on for the first time. Guess we'll just have to wait and see if the problem comes back. I'll be stocking up on mpsa13's in the meantime!

#247 4 months ago

Just finished a marathon repair session on my SS table. New rubbers, Ball, couple solenoid coils, data east drop targets, flipper eos switch, flipper coil sleeve.... probably more. Got it all together and played a few games with some adjustments here and there. I LOVE THIS GAME! solid feeling construction, fast action, herculean flippers, lots to shoot at, pop bumpers down near the flippers keep you on your toes, I think this is my new favorite table.

20180601_001005 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#248 4 months ago
Quoted from oilspot:

I LOVE THIS GAME! solid feeling construction, fast action, herculean flippers, lots to shoot at, pop bumpers down near the flippers keep you on your toes, I think this is my new favorite table.

Sharpshooter was my first pin, it kept us busy nearly a year as our only pin. It's a great game!

Miss mine already.

#249 4 months ago

I have a Game Plan Foxy Lady cocktail schematics, parts catalog, and users manual set available for sale. $30 shipped.
Pm me if interested.

#250 4 months ago

I finally have my Sharpshooter working, and I'm loving it. Everyone who's played it so far wants to keep playing again and again. Devilishly difficult, but so much fun!

I've only got a couple small issues left to work out, and thought I'd try here first: one pair of pop bumpers light up nice and bright, but the other pair is very dim. I've tried nearly everything i can think of, and I'm certain it's not a problem with the LDU. (I swapped pins 7 and 8 on connector J5 for the pop bumper lamps on the ldu and got the same results in lamp test, bright pair was still bright, dim pair was still dim)

I've re-pinned connectors, i replaced one of the 2 pop bumper lamp sockets, tried different bulbs, triple-checked for good solder joints. Nothing I've tried yet has made a smidge of difference so far. I noticed each pop bumper lamp socket has a big resistor that the blue/white wire goes to. Could the resistors be causing the problem? Does anyone know the value of them? I measured 6 ohms on each one. Not sure of wattage though, they are pretty beefy. Maybe 2 watts? I'm going to replace the other lamp socket tomorrow and see if that finally gets this corrected.

Anything else it might be?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Haven, WI
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Kenosha, WI
$ 15.00
$ 65.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Texas Pinball
Cabinet Parts
Flashinstinct
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 4.95
Apparel - Unisex
ULEKstore
$ 27.99
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 29.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 999.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields
€ 8.10
Flipper Parts
Buthamburg
$ 12.50
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 79.99
$ 129.00
Lighting - Led
LED OCD
$ 229.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballBulbs
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
There are 264 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 6.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside