3 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20210418_100710 (resized).jpg
20210418_100657 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider guard.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

I have 2 Star Trips.....one I have had for a long time, never an issue and even survived a fire in the garage. The second I got to fix up and sell.
So my Star Trip has never had memory and I've never even really looked at the boards. Heading to my friends place in a couple hours and I pulled the boards from both as I want memory and the new one still has the original battery.
Well the new one (pic with battery) is an mpu 1, the right kind, turns out mine is an mpu 2 with a rom and mods done to it.
Question is, if the person was good enough to do that and make it run perfectly for years, why didn't he put a battery pack on it? Would me doing so screw up his work??

20210418_100657 (resized).jpg20210418_100657 (resized).jpg20210418_100710 (resized).jpg20210418_100710 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 179.99
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider guard.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/game-plan-mpu-question-?tu=guard and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.