New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 132978)

Game Plan MPU needed

By policano

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Ronnie1114
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

Hey Guys, I have two game plan games and both are in need of MPUs. Does anyone have one or two that I can buy? I'd really like to get one or both back up and running. I'm just obsessed with these game plan games and miss them

#2 5 years ago

Here's a source for a reproduction board, but you may have to wait a while: http://pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Gameplan_Repair#MPU

Post a WTB post...you might get lucky and find someone who has one in a parts pile somewhere. In this case, expect that it will need repairs.

Do you have the MPUs for your games, or are they missing? If they are non-functional or have battery damage, there are a few folks who can repair them.

Additionally, there is a repair guide here if you can do board work on your own: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/game-plan-mpu-repair-a-shotgun-guide-w-pix

#3 5 years ago

I sent an email to Jim, hopefully I am able to get on the list. My one board just won't work at all, I don't see acid damage but who knows. The Coney Island I haven't even tried but half the chips were missing.

#4 5 years ago
Quoted from policano:

I sent an email to Jim, hopefully I am able to get on the list. My one board just won't work at all, I don't see acid damage but who knows. The Coney Island I haven't even tried but half the chips were missing.

Both sound repairable, especially if there's no battery damage. Replacing components is an easy process on a clean board. You might have better luck with a repair, and it could be less expensive. With shipping, the replacement MPU is nearly $300 now.

I might suggest posting another thread asking about gameplan MPU repair services.

#5 5 years ago

Message Viperrwk on here. He is one of the few that works on them. He worked on mine and did a great job. Was very friendly and reasonably priced!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
1,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oakland, CA
$ 16.50
650 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, MI
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 7.95
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 47.95
Lighting - Interactive
MicksPinball
Playfield - Plastics
Ramp-O-Matic
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
M&M Mods
Apparel - Unisex
Pinball Wheezer
$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 89.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 20.00
Various Novelties
GC Pinball
$ 3.00
$ 19.99
Playfield - Plastics
Docquest Pinball Mods
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D MODS
$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 199.99
$ 3.49
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 14.95
Playfield - Decals
COINTAKER.COM
$ 3.00
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside