Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 65 posts
  • 40 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by mwester229
  • Topic is favorited by 14 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

doc.jpg
    back.jpg
    front.jpg

There are 65 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 9 years ago

Ok everyone this will probably be the last run of boards if your on the list you will or already have received the email below. If you are wanting a board this will be your last chance. Contact Frank at the number below by 12/10.

Hi,

Just wanted to let you know that we now have enough names on our waiting list for Game Plan MPU boards. Therefore, we would like to begin ordering parts by the middle of next week (by 12/10/14).

By the way, the price for the board will be $279 U.S., plus shipping/handling (which will probably be $16 U.S. in the lower 48 states - outside of this area: please forward your exact address so that we can get an accurate shipping quote).

Please let us know (by Tuesday, 12/9/14, at the latest) whether or not you'd still like to buy one.

(Please note: we just need to determine the approximate number of boards to build; so there's no need to send any money/deposit at this time).

Thanks very much for your patience!! Hope to hear from you soon,

#2 9 years ago

Oops forgot contact info:

Jim
    ------------------------------------------------
    Jim Francesangeli
    Echo Lake Pinball Service & Sales
    925 Marwin Dr.
    Hinckley, OH 44233
    tel: 330-278-2228
    email: [email protected]

#3 9 years ago

Just replied to your email, as yes, one please.
    Thanks again.

#4 9 years ago

Received your email- I'm in!

2 months later
    #5 9 years ago

Did I see in another post that these are done?

#6 9 years ago

Yes, I paid for mine this week. So just email jim.

2 months later
    #7 8 years ago

Got a package from Jim! and the MPU board is a work of art. I wanted to post a couple of pictures.

front.jpgfront.jpg back.jpgback.jpg doc.jpgdoc.jpg
    2 months later
    #8 8 years ago

Doesn't sound like you can get anymore?

#9 8 years ago
    Quoted from policano:

Doesn't sound like you can get anymore?

Last I check a month or two ago, there was a waiting list. Jim was waiting for enough people to be added to the list before ordering a batch of parts for them.

#10 8 years ago

This is what I rec'd from Jim May 1. I was #15, and he was looking for 30 (Probably to cover a fixed cost per batch?) before he started the last batch. I just emailed asking for an update.

Hi Dan,

Unfortunately, we just sold out of Game Plan MPU boards recently; all thirty pieces, from this lot, are gone. But we have already started a waiting list for another run/lot. We currently have fourteen names on that list - your's would be number fifteen, if you'd like to be added to the list. Then, once we are able to get enough names on the new list, we'll initiate building another lot.

#11 8 years ago

There were 18 on the list on June 4, according to the email I received from Jim. At a rate of 3 people per month, it might be a while before the count hits 30.

#12 8 years ago

I will email Jim to get on the list. Thanks!

#13 8 years ago

Jim had told me that 25 were needed. I signed on in early June making it 19. So only 6 more needed, hopefully will get those soon.

#14 8 years ago

Jim are you still taking wait list names?

& replied to me Monday July 12.

Hi Dan,

Yes, we are. At this point we are still looking for another ten names.....

-Jim

3 weeks later
    #15 8 years ago

I requested to get in line on August 3rd, 2015 and as of that time was number 25 of 30 needed.

#16 8 years ago

Getting so close! Can hardly wait to play my Foxy Lady!

1 month later
    #17 8 years ago

Got an email from Jim 9/18 asking to confirm my order, as they are ready to go once they have a firm count of how many.

#18 8 years ago

WOuld love to see them or someone else do the same for Zaccaria Gen 2.

1 week later
    #19 8 years ago
    Quoted from dgarrett:

Got an email from Jim 9/18 asking to confirm my order, as they are ready to go once they have a firm count of how many.

Same here - please reply to Jim's email if you haven't already.

#20 8 years ago

Has anyone heard further updates on this? I hope there enough of us to make a run possible.

#21 8 years ago

I just got a Foxy with a trashed MPU. I would be interested in a board!!!

#22 8 years ago

If someone can pm me on Sunday reminding me, I would love to add my name to the list. Away from computer and my phone just told me my email has ceased to function at the moment. Knowing my memory though, I won't remember when I get back to town.

#23 8 years ago

Please add me to the list . Ill take one. JR

#24 8 years ago

Of you want one, you will have to contact Jim directly. I doubt he monitor this thread.

3 months later
    #25 8 years ago

I have an Echo Lake board for sale in the marketplace.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/ad/29934

7 months later
    #26 7 years ago

hi! i need an mpu board for a star trip here in italy! may be i 'm intersted to buy three because 2 friends that have the same game here in italy has acid battery damage problem on the mpu like me! jim still make 5this mpu board? it's possible to use also thee mpu2 instead of an mpu1 in the star trip game?

1 month later
    #27 7 years ago

I just emailed Jim to see about another run of boards, and he said I was number 5 and they needed 20 to bulk order parts.

Quoted from Davide:

it's possible to use also thee mpu2 instead of an mpu1 in the star trip game?

I believe Jim's board will work in all games expect Cyclopes.

#28 7 years ago
    Quoted from FunkyFreshWalrus:

I believe Jim's board will work in all games expect Cyclopes.

Is this true, that the echo lake board does not work with Cyclopes? I have one that I was thinking about getting an echo lake board for.

#29 7 years ago
    Quoted from gabegabegabe:

Is this true, that the echo lake board does not work with Cyclopes? I have one that I was thinking about getting an echo lake board for.

There is a playfield switch handling issue that only affects the drop targets. Whether your dip switches are set to qualify multi ball after one bank or both, the MPU does not recognize the last drop target dropped.

For instance, if you have the setting to qualify the lock for multi ball after dropping both banks, the first 7 drops are recognized and awards points except the 8th drop target. Doesn't matter which drop the 8th one is either. The setting for one bank is the same, it won't recognize the 4th drop. The lock won't light and you can't start muliball. All drops register fine in test fine which is frustrating.

Jim worked on this a long time and never made any progress. I ended up selling my Echo Lake Board.

#30 7 years ago

I emailed Jim this morning. I am number 6 and 7. He will do another run if 13 more people sign up.

#31 7 years ago
    Quoted from schudel5:

Jim worked on this a long time and never made any progress. I ended up selling my Echo Lake Board.

I bought this Echo Lake board with every intention of having a new rom put in it for a Star Trip or hope the Cyclopes issue got fixed. You have to send the board back to Jim to do so, he will not just send you the rom for your game. That is his policy. My Star Trip turned out to be a complete basket case on all the boards, and I never got the board upgraded with a new rom. Cyclopes is no go, so this board is no longer needed.

So if anyone wants a perfectly good Echo Lake board for your Game Plan, it's $225 shipped. Then you send it to Jim for a rom change for your game because it still has the Cyclopes rom in it.

Jack

11 months later
    #33 6 years ago

Anybody with Jim's boards in a Foxy Lady? also happen to own a ROM reader?

1 year later
    #34 4 years ago

I know it’s been a bit, but I talked to Jim on Monday. I acquired a game plan Chuck A Luck without an MPU. I signed up for a board and I’m number 21 at this point. We need st least 40 for him to do another run. Can we spread the word and get more people to purchase boards?

#35 4 years ago

Just sent Jim an E-mail, new to pinball ownership and really trying to take good care of this pinball lizard from Game Plan. How much are the boards running for and how long have you guys been waiting?

3 weeks later
    #36 4 years ago

How to go about signing up to get on this list? I would definitely be interested in a board if another run is done.

1 week later
    #37 4 years ago

Ok guys. I just signed up for the MPU and I’m #27 on the list. Needs to get to 40 people and he will make another batch.

1 month later
    #38 4 years ago

That’s good to hear. I’m number 21. Is there anyone willing to buy multiples?

#39 4 years ago

I'll buy two.

#40 4 years ago

How much are echo lake boards going for these days?

As I have a Game Plan cocktail game, I think I put an Echo Lake board in it, that I have for sale. It's a complete working game, but it seems like no one wants it, so I may be willing to part it out.
    I will check today to see if that's what's in it.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/88709

1 week later
    #41 4 years ago

I will buy one

#42 4 years ago

What is Jim's email to get on the list?

1 week later
    #43 4 years ago

I’m #31!

3 weeks later
    #44 4 years ago

I have my spare one for sale. I sold the game.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/91839

1 week later
    #45 4 years ago

I hope everyone is finding Jim’s contact info at the top of this post. Call him to get on the list!

#46 4 years ago

Posted on mr pinball today:

For Sale: Brand New Game Plan MPU boards. This is a direct replacement in form, fit, and function, for the original MPU used on ALL Game Plan pinballs (upright and cocktail models). Please call for details and/or to place an order.

Please call--voice only (no text): 330-278-2228

Echo Lake Pinball Service & Sales
    voice: 330-278-2228
    925 Marwin Dr.
    Hinckley, Ohio 44233

1 week later
    #47 4 years ago

Does this mean they are available?

1 month later
    #48 3 years ago

following i might need one of these

3 weeks later
    #49 3 years ago

If people need these boards I encourage you to email or call Jim and get on the waiting list. When he has 40 on the list he will order the parts and start making the boards again. I'm on the list for two, so only 38 to go! His email is [email protected].

2 months later
    #50 3 years ago

I’m on the list for two. Didn’t get a number.
    Says he’s run over 400 boards!! That’s pretty incredible considering (other than spares) that’s 400 games out of Game Plan’s extremely tiny production run saved solely by Jim at Echo Lake!

There are 65 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/game-plan-mpu-2-replacements-ready-for-orders?hl=jstree and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.