Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by dothedoo
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

First is a short game play video from the 1985 Game Plan Cyclopes pinball. Designed by Roger Sharpe, this was the last production machine Game Plan made. There were only 400 of these made. This video was made shortly after the entire machine was completely shopped.

This next video (rather audio recording) was done to capture the heartbeat background sound. I placed the camera by the cabinet speaker since recording the sounds from in front of the machine doesn't really get picked up by the microphone as the sound is rather subtle compared to the game sounds.

#2 9 years ago

Cool video. Did not realise the lower pop bumper woks that well in game play.

Trouble posting a link from my phone, but search youtube for an interview with Roger Sharpe about Cyclopes posted a whlie back by Ben Olson. Great video to see with Mike's game play.

#3 9 years ago

Looks like a fun game but I've never had a chance to play one. i like the action of the pop bumper over the left flipper. This will really keep you on your toes.

#4 9 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

Cool video. Did not realise the lower pop bumper woks that well in game play.
Trouble posting a link from my phone, but search youtube for an interview with Roger Sharpe about Cyclopes posted a whlie back by Ben Olson. Great video to see with Mike's game play.

Yeah I've seen that video as well as his son Josh playing one in a PAPA video.

#5 9 years ago

I am lucky enough to own a cyclopes myself, great game. However the one that I have did not have a real backglass. I have a pretty good translite but would love to buy the real thing. If anyone has one for sale please message me. Thanks

#6 9 years ago

Finally got the bell working in the game today. Just a simple transistor needed replacing. The bell is a vibrating type bell that rings at the beginning of multiball and when the score hits 1M, 2M etc. I originally thought it would be super annoying, but it's actually not too bad.

#7 9 years ago
Quoted from dracula40:

I am lucky enough to own a Cyclopes myself, great game. However the one that I have did not have a real backglass. I have a pretty good translite but would love to buy the real thing. If anyone has one for sale please message me. Thanks

Greatwichjohn may be working on a reproduction backglass, you may want to drop him a line:

https://pinside.com/pinball/community/pinsiders/greatwichjohn

Good luck!

Brad

#8 9 years ago

Thanks Brad, The guy that was supposed to bring the backglass to Allentown, bailed and never brought it to John. I know because I set the whole thing up. I have emailed him with no reply. John Greatwich will probably still do it if can find someone to lend him the backglass.

#9 9 years ago
Quoted from dracula40:

Thanks Brad, The guy that was supposed to bring the backglass to Allentown, bailed and never brought it to John. I know because I set the whole thing up. I have emailed him with no reply. John Greatwich will probably still do it if can find someone to lend him the backglass.

Sorry I hadn't gotten the update from John, that is too bad. I will definitely keep an eye out for you in case something comes up. Good luck!

Brad

#10 9 years ago

Thanks for your help Brad.

#11 9 years ago

Great vid (and ball1) - thanks for posting! Background heartbeat sound is subtle which is fine. I used to have an Andromeda and the chunchunchunchunchunchunchunchunchunchunchunchunchunchunchunchunchunchunchunchunchun did get old after a while.

Anyone know how to light the bonus collect? Is it possible to collect bonus during multiball and if so, do you collect at the bonux value times two?

Also - who wants to sell me one? - ha.

#12 9 years ago

After advancing your monster bonus via the center target it lights collect bonus at the top.

You can collect in multiball but I believe it is still at 1X unfortunately.

Best game ever ... Banking on a Cyclopes remake at some point. Someone needs to grab those Game Plan rights

#13 9 years ago

Sad to see the game go Brad, but we can play it at least once a year at Mikes get together. I cannot wait to see the final results.

#14 9 years ago

Great looking game. Thanks for sharing.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 98.99
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Playfield - Other
Bob's Pinball Stuff

$ 16.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/game-plan-cyclopes-game-play-videos and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.