Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by frunch
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 1 year ago

It was working fine aside from a hand full of playfield lights that I can’t get working. Now it stops working in the middle of a game after draining. Here a little video. Let me know please if you have any thought on what could possibly be wrong. Also the mpu is an echo lake board.

#2 1 year ago
Quoted from richiefile:

It was working fine aside from a hand full of playfield lights that I can’t get working. Now it stops working in the middle of a game after draining. Here a little video. Let me know please if you have any thought on what could possibly be wrong. Also the mpu is an echo lake board.

Have you tried reseating the connectors?
I had weird light issues and issues with the game randomly skipped to the next ball, the connectors can be flaky and need a cleaning. Also I respect Jim and Echo Lake, but their boards seemed to create strange issues at times.

#3 1 year ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Have you tried reseating the connectors?
I had weird light issues and issues with the game randomly skipped to the next ball, the connectors can be flaky and need a cleaning. Also I respect Jim and Echo Lake, but their boards seemed to create strange issues at times.

I did have to pull all the connections and clean them to originally get the game working. I’ll try that again. It does seem like a MPU issue. I do have a second Coney Island that I want to restore. When the new MPU’s are back in stock I’ll order one and test it out in this one first.

#4 1 year ago

I would go into the lamp feature test with the diag test switch in the coin door to see exactly which lamps are not working. It seems you have a lot out, but hard to tell when starting a game.

If you have a lot, I would first start by turning the game off, and reseating both sides of the cable running from the LDU/Lamp Driver board and the mpu board. The type of female connectors that Gameplan used for header connections are terrible (remind me of those crappy ic sockets that Atari used back in the day lol)

Good luck!

1 week later
#5 1 year ago

So this is where i'm at now. Ive tested my MPU board in a known working Coney island. It worked flawlessly. I tried a different lamp driver board and the same lights stayed out. I did the voltage regulator mod to get my voltage over 5 volts. No luck with that either. Ill replace the bridge rectifiers next and see if that works.

1 month later
#6 1 year ago

So after rewiring all the connectors. Rebuilding the power supply. Replacing the mpu board with a new mpu-3 board it still wouldn’t work properly. Well today I finally figured out the problem. So stupid and so simple. The rod that triggers the kick out when you start a game or drain was shorted out against the switch. That little piece of paper some how shifted behind the rod. What a nightmare and an unreasonable amount of time.

#7 1 year ago

Wow, good find! I know it feels like a lot of wasted time but you still bulletproofed your game whether you meant to or not, lol! That thing should work great for a good long time

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball

$ 179.99
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/game-plan-coney-island- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.