You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20200317_213905 (resized).jpg
20200317_214804 (resized).jpg
20200317_214900 (resized).jpg
20200317_214958 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballj.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 4 years ago
Quoted from robx46:

No manual for this game so I'm doing my best based on other manuals from games of this same system. I have 1 lone lamp that won't turn on. I'm decent at working on games. Lamp turns on when I ground the anode so my wiring & socket are good. I replaced the SCR anyways, & replaced the CD4514 that drives that set of lamps. Still won't turn on! All resistors tested. Lamp board seems like it has no issues anywhere. Could a single lamp being out be an MPU issue? If so, where do I look next?

It could possibly be an MPU issue, issue with a header pin etc.
Which lamp is it?

#5 4 years ago
Quoted from robx46:

So in this case, it seems to be a code issue. It doesn't enable in attract or lamp test, but I'll be damned if it doesn't work while playing a game!

...but which lamp is it?

#7 4 years ago

So drop target C light isn't used in attract mode, but it does work when playing and in the test on mine. Funny, but I am guessing the last person that had this game actually wrote than on the lamp driver schematic.

I attached the schematic for the playfield below for reference. When starting a game, all 3 target lights are on till the target is hit.

I was thinking maybe the target switch is stuck closed or registering first and maybe turning the light out so you never see it? Are you getting any "free points" when starting a game?

20200317_214804 (resized).jpg20200317_214804 (resized).jpg20200317_214900 (resized).jpg20200317_214900 (resized).jpg20200317_214958 (resized).jpg20200317_214958 (resized).jpg20200317_213905 (resized).jpg20200317_213905 (resized).jpg
#9 4 years ago
Quoted from robx46:

Everything seems fine now. No stuck switches. I did just fit each socket with a resistor so I could use LED's. Maybe that has something to do with why it wasn't showing in test mode. But I'm happy now that it works in play. Good to know you have a manual I might have to hit you up sometime if I have another issue! This is actually the 2nd time I've had this game (same physical game). I had missed it!

Awesome you got it working! It's a fun game IMO. I brought it to the Louisville Arcade Expo a few weeks ago for the pinball tournament, since I knew many prob haven't even seen one lol.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 98.99
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballj.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/game-plan-captain-hook-lamp-help-?tu=pinballj and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.