Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
#1 8 years ago

I have a Gottlieb Olympics that works great until the game is over, because it never ends. once all 5 balls are in the tray, it they close 2 switches that should trip the X relay for game over, but it doesn't.
the switches are all making contact in the ball tray, so why doesn't the X relay trip?
I have no schematic, so I cant refer to that.

#2 8 years ago

You need a schematic, to see what the two switches trip, and then what trips the relay they are on. Something isn't doing it's job.

LTG : )™

#3 8 years ago

It was working fine before, so I am guessing is it a contact issue. Perhaps some humidity shrink/ swell is causing a bad connection. anyone with a schematic know where I should poke around?

#4 8 years ago

Why is it impossible to find a manual online? I get that PBR bought the rights to Gottlieb, but from what I saw on another site, this should not include anything "produced before December 31, 1976 (as clarified in the Copyright Act of 1976) are believed to be outside of legal copyright protection"
If it was as simple as paying $20, I would, but being in Canada, and dealing with PBR before, it will cost me about $80-$90 with shipping and exchange. That is total BS.

#5 8 years ago

What do you mean by the game doesn't end? What exactly is happening after ball 5 drains? Are you able to start a new game without any issues? Is the coil that locks the ball in the tray disengaging, or is it staying on, allowing the ball to continue to pass through?

#6 8 years ago

Here are the schematics on Ebay for cheap:

ebay.com link: Olympics Gottlieb Pinball Schematics Original NOS 1962

It shouldn't be that much to ship paper to Canada.

#7 8 years ago

An easy thing to check and clean is the 3-5 ball option plug. If that doesn't fix the problem check the ball count unit.

#8 8 years ago

By not ending, I mean the 5th ball goes in the tray, and the flippers stay active, the game over, and match don't come on.

#9 8 years ago

I don't have an Olympics schematic to refer to but have Kings and Queens and Ice Revue.

On K&Q it has control bank relay XB as Game Over relay which controls illumination of the Game Over light in the back box. There is a switch at Motor 1A, two switches on the O relay, and a switch at Motor 2C which all need to make to actuate Game Over XB.

On Ice Revue it has control bank relay X as Game Over relay which should control end of game and de-powering of the playfield. Ice Revue does not show a Game Over lamp in the back box like K&Q did. So I'm not sure which of these will be similar to Olympics. Does Olympics have a game over lamp in the back box? In the end it probably does not matter in that the switches that need to make to activate X are the same on Ice Revue as they are on K&Q, namely a switch at Motor 1A, two switches on the O relay, and a switch at Motor 2C.

Let us know if this helps.

#10 8 years ago
Quoted from Tridentphoto:

By not ending, I mean the 5th ball goes in the tray, and the flippers stay active, the game over, and match don't come on.

That still doesn't answer most of the questions I asked. Be very specific.

#11 8 years ago

Here are a few suggestions.

Is the ball not being recognised in the out hole/tray? Is that wiring and connections good?
How is the ball count unit? Is the unit stepping properly?
Is there a Game over Relay? Is it functioning correctly, all of the connections good?

#13 8 years ago

OMG, what a great explanation. I will check this thoroughly tomorrow. Thanks for the link.

#14 8 years ago

That was exactly what I needed. I love those logic explanations. Thank you for the link. As soon as I checked the O relay I could see there was a wire off. The sneaky pete was hovering nearby but not touching.

image.jpgimage.jpg
#15 8 years ago

Glad it worked out.

#16 8 years ago

Always there to offer great advice to
the pinball community.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet Parts
Space Coast Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/game-over-relay-not-tripping-so-game-never-ends and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.