2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Nikrox2
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

5FD64895-8E97-47DE-AE9E-EF69FA467C1B (resized).jpeg
    #1 2 years ago

Bally Rock Makers 1968
    Thanks to the guys at EM Pinball Online Repair Clinic Friday, I’ve been able to work through several problems. Have one last issue at start-up? The Game Over Latch relay is not fulling latching in. All of the Game Over switches are clean and gapped correctly. If I put a little pressure on the latching plate it will make full contact with the latch coil and a game can be played. If I release the light pressure off the plate the game will not play. I checked the coil for voltage and resistance both were good. I removed the coil and replaced with another working coil same problem, plate does not hold to coil. I jumped everything from the yellow wire at the transformer to the Game Over Latch Relay coil. Everything closes the latch plate, but does not hold it tight against the coil. I am stumped! Any, suggestion will be helpful.
    Thanks
    Kickout

5FD64895-8E97-47DE-AE9E-EF69FA467C1B (resized).jpeg5FD64895-8E97-47DE-AE9E-EF69FA467C1B (resized).jpeg
    #2 2 years ago

The Game Over relay is an interlock relay that should stay in it's last position even with the power off. With the game unplugged you should be able to manually latch and trip the Game Over relay and have it stay in either position. The Coin relay is also an interlock relay that you can use for comparison. It may be that there is a mechanical issue that prevents the relay from locking in one position or the other.

/Mark

#3 2 years ago

Mark,
    The Game Over Re. is in the Trip position when power is added to the pin. When the start button is pushed the Trip re,
    de-energizes and the Latch re. energizes, but it does not fully touch the coil magnet. If after it energizes if I put a slight pressure on the latch plate pushing it towards the coil, flippers work, playfield works, release that pressure and again nothing. The Latch Coil has good voltage and correct ohms. Here is where you can see the schematics.
    https://www.ipdb.org/files/1980/Bally_1968_RockMakers_Schematic_Diagram_continuous.pdf
    The Game Over Latch Re. is located at D-10
    Kickout

#4 2 years ago

Can you get the Game Over relay to stay in the latched position with the game unplugged if you push the armature with your finger or a stick?

10 months later
    #5 2 years ago

Having similar issues. Bally Monte Carlo. And no the Game Over relay does not stay in place when I manually move it. Auto goes back to game over mode. Started another post on my issue but saw this one and looking for help. Thanks

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/game-over-relay-not-latching?hl=nikrox2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.