Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by flopflip
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 3 years ago

Bally Flip Flop. Finally got the Game Over Latch relay to energize. But now it will not stop. Playfield functions, points add to score reels, and ball kicks out to shooter lane. Yet GAME OVER still lit in backbox and no ball count. If I leave it that way, the game will stay on indefinitely. In order to De-Energize the Game Over relay, I had to place an index card between the switch blades.

#2 3 years ago

Here is what happens from the start. I insert 25 cents in coin slot. One credit is added. I press start button and score motor moves but game does not reset. If I manually activate COIN relay something resets but game still does not start. If I then manually activate RESET relay, the game will reset, but still shows GAME OVER in backbox. In any case, now the Game Over Latch relay is energized and nothing I do will de-energize it. I try to pull the Armatures and Actuator away but they abruptly snap back into energizing.

#3 3 years ago

Check the circuits and switches that send power to the game over relay. Check the ball count unit to see if it's in the reset position at the beginning of the game. Also, with the power off, manually operate the ball count unit by pressing the step up solenoid plunger and the reset solenoid plunger. The ball count unit should smoothly click into each position as it advances and should fully reset at the start of a game.

#4 3 years ago
Quoted from flopflip:

Finally got the Game Over Latch relay to energize. But now it will not stop.

I think this is more of a symptom. Go back and follow the start seq. thru. And why did you start a new thread? It's confusing and info is lost.

#5 3 years ago

Thanks, I'll try that. New thread since the previous issue of the GO relay not energizing is solved. Now, just the opposite along with new issues.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
$ 22.50
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/game-over-latch-relay-wont-de-energize?hl=currieddog and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.