(Topic ID: 268757)

Game Over Latch not energizing++

By flopflip

3 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Capture (resized).PNG
    #1 3 years ago

Bally Flip Flop Start up seems to be functioning to the point where the Game Over relay is suppose to latch and allow game to begin. I deposit quarter in Coin slot, press Start Button, Credit relay energizes, which then energizes Coin relay, then Reset relay, Score Wheels reset to zero. However, Game Over relay LATCH does not remain energizes so game remains in Game Over mode. Game Over lit on Backglass, game cannot be played. If I manually keep Latch relay energized, Game Over light goes off and game can be played, but will not end game after 5 balls unless I manually De-energize Latch relay.

Additional problem: Deposit quarter in Coin slot, credit registered on Credit Wheel. Press Start Button begins Start up process but does NOT remove credit from Credit Wheel.

#2 3 years ago

If you read thru the manual start process you'll see that some score motor sw. are involved. It also has info on the Credit problem. The manual is available here: https://www.ipdb.org/files/889/Bally_1976_Flip_Flop_Manual.pdf

#3 3 years ago

Have also discovered when I manually energize the Game Over relay Latch it energizes the Cam 12 relay which stays energized and makes buzzing noise. Is the Cam 12 relay suppose to do that?

#4 3 years ago
    Quoted from flopflip:

Is the Cam 12 relay suppose to do that?

Doubt it. Did you read the start seq?

#5 3 years ago

I read the start sequence and followed the schematic. Nowhere does it make reference to the Cam 12 relay. I will check #12 Score Motor switches. Also, I tested the relays involved with a DMM and all were good. However, I noticed the Lock coil paper was charred and it tested as a bad coil. It does stay energized but I'm wondering if that has anything to do with it.

#6 3 years ago

All Bally lock relays look like that. They are on all the time.

#7 3 years ago

Most of the relevant circuit

Capture (resized).PNGCapture (resized).PNG

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/game-over-latch-not-energizing- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.