Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by flynnibus
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
    #1 9 years ago

Looks like Disney is nuking the Disney Quest experience and replacing with "NBA experience".
    arrrggg....

more here... http://www.publicgames.com/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=90

On the up side, it's an opportunity to buy up some heavily routed pins & arcade games.

#2 9 years ago

Honestly I'm looking forward to the NBA Experience project. NBA City in Universal was a huge success and it's gonna be cool to see what Disney does with the licenses.

I'm gonna miss DisneyQuest mostly for the arcade and pinball games on the 3rd and 4th floors. The Disney-made games were innovative at the time DisneyQuest opened, but now they just feel dated and stale.

Mighty Ducks Pinball Slam was awesome though, I had the opportunity to check it out on a trip me and my father took to WDW about two years ago.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#3 9 years ago

I'm here right now......bummed about Quest leaving but honestly we never really went in there (kids are older). I'll skip (notice I didn't say pass) on the NBA "experience" as well.

#4 9 years ago

I just want the buzz lightyear soccer-ball-shooting battle bumper cars out of that place. Those were good fun.

#5 9 years ago

In all honesty, I'll miss Disneyquest and what it was. That was basically it for actual classic arcade gaming on the Disney property.

#6 9 years ago

If NBA City is such a big success at Universal Orlando, why is it closing?
    http://www.wesh.com/orlandomyway/orlando-theme-parks/universal-orlando-resort-announces-closing-of-nba-city/33399996
    I was there for 4 days this June and didn't see many people in or near the place.

#7 9 years ago

Universal has made a lot of changes at City Walk, and I guess NBA City wasn't pulling in enough people. I also wonder if the people who have the license were playing off between Disney and Universal to see who'd give a better deal.

I'm not a huge basketball fan, so I never even went into NBA City. I'm reserving judgement until I see what they build at Disney. If it's just a restaurant/bar with a bunch of NBA memorabilia I'll pass. But if they put in some interactive attractions (and hopefully some pinball) then I'd give it a try.

#8 9 years ago

I guess we should have seen this coming when they painted over all the fancy artwork with just a single colour.

2 months later
    #9 8 years ago

Has anyone offered to buy any of the pins or arcade machines? I'd love to see one of them restored knowing how totally beat to heck and filthy everything is. I think Pirates is the worst.

#10 8 years ago

I tried in July. They are all leased from a outside company.

#11 8 years ago

Wow, and I thought it all was owned in-house. No wonder nothing ever got maintained!

#12 8 years ago
    Quoted from Crash:

Has anyone offered to buy any of the pins or arcade machines? I'd love to see one of them restored knowing know totally beat to heck and filthy everything is. I think Pirates is the worst.

Unfortunately I can't remember the name, perhaps you can find it in Google, but there is some company that sells a lot of Disney World used arcade games and other things. Most likely affiliated with the leasing company the other poster mentioned.

1 year later
    #13 7 years ago

While this concept seemed long dead in the community.. apparently it just needed more time to hammer out who was doing what.. because Disney posted on their blog today that July 3 will be the last day for Disney Quest.

Wonder who owns all the games in there... and if we'll see them show up in an auction soon. They should have some desirable vids..

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.