• Latest reply 8 months ago by KJL
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

hellyeah.gif
D8617B04-F32F-4844-BDDA-5ACA95774E43 (resized).jpeg

There are 98 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 4 years ago

What pinball machine outside of Pinside’s Top 100 (and number) do you enjoy playing the most? Some don’t know the complete list goes to 370 or that it ends in a turd.
D8617B04-F32F-4844-BDDA-5ACA95774E43 (resized).jpegD8617B04-F32F-4844-BDDA-5ACA95774E43 (resized).jpeg

#2 4 years ago

BK #137

I can’t get enough of this game, it rings my bell.

#3 4 years ago

Robocop and too many more to mention. The top 100 is full of overrated games and sacred cows that will always be there due to the old timers.

#4 4 years ago

#352, Shaq. I still can't figure out why it's rated so low.

#5 4 years ago

Number 242 Jungle Lord.

#6 4 years ago

#178 Apollo 13. 13 ball multiball? Yes, please.

#7 4 years ago

Anything made before 1980 isn't on that list, so games that I love like Harlem, Paragon, Joker Poker, etc aren't in the top 100...... although Paragon is close. 102? Wow, go Paragon!

Some games made 1980 or later that I find under-rated:

Black Knight (137)
Just got a Bad Girls (206) and I couldn't be happier with it.
RollerCoaster Tycoon (216) deserves more love.
Hardbody (366) is a cool game with surprises. How is it ranked so low? The artwork?

#9 4 years ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

Hardbody (366) is a cool game with surprises. How is it ranked so low? The artwork?

Yeah it doesn’t surprise me it’s so low be of the super cheesy theme and art, but I have to wonder how many people who rated it have actually spent time with it.

I played it a ton on location when it was new and it hooked me in. Great layout and lots of fun. It was next to Cyclone in my local arcade and I stepped back and forth for an hour pretty much every day.

#10 4 years ago

No Fear, #162

#11 4 years ago

Rollergames #148 - it's my go to game when I just want a quick pinball fix. Not very deep, but always fun.

#13 4 years ago

Number 187, Nascar. The orbits shoot as smoothly as a much higher rated Lawlor game, No Good Gofers, and I enjoy the modes in Nascar more than the modes in NGG.

#14 4 years ago

Easy answer...Bally Paragon #102.
Built like a tank. VERY challenging. Gameplay settings can change the rules so much, it is like having 3 games in 1. Widebody with lots to do.
Best original art package of all time.

#15 4 years ago

Baywatch!!!!!!

#17 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

BK #137
I can’t get enough of this game, it rings my bell.

I feel the top 150 is pretty solid, but it gets shaky after that. There are certainly fun games beyond that, but they seem to start devolving heavily into obvious things that are lacking and personal preferences begin to take over more.

#18 4 years ago

#193 Solar Fire

#19 4 years ago

#107 Demolition Man

#20 4 years ago

Comet 220

#21 4 years ago

I’ve been playing a lot of 115, Black Rose... but with a 7.7 being the dividing line there are so many good games are in the 100 - 200 range that I’d be super happy with a collection in that range, and heck, the 7s go all the way to 261 (South Park) and THEN the games get a little weirder and more sketchy.

So in that spirit, I almost never pass on a game of 296, Checkpoint, the first DMD game.

331, Gottlieb Strikes and Spares is also a fun weird bowling pin hybrid, and I like it.

#23 4 years ago

#348, Rolling Stones (MFD 2011) been playing the LE and it’s fun.

#25 4 years ago

I agree. I think it has a few thinga working against it, however. It is VERY rare. A lot of people simply haven't played it.
It is definitely NOT family friendly. Cursing/gore/theme take it out of play for a lot of people.
I have actually played 3 of these machines, and 2 just weren't dialed in well. They felt like clunkers. The third was amazing. It brought me to the conclusion that this is a great game.

#26 4 years ago

#113 TX Sector baby!!!

#27 4 years ago

Laser War

#28 4 years ago

#170 Bad Cats. How in the hell is Party Zone two spots better than Bad Cats and one spot better than Meteor? Don't tell me sound, either.

#29 4 years ago

Flintstones ranks 132.....one of my favorite games.

Original translite is awful

#30 4 years ago

Avengers LE

#31 4 years ago

^^ You are so right to mention FS. Play every one I find. LOVE the way it feeds the flippers. Rock quarry mech pre-dated tortuga MB in POTC. TBL fans take note it has a working bowling alley. Unfortunately the artwork is yucky.

#32 4 years ago

NBA Fastbreak (123), Corvette (106), and NASCAR (187). Three themes that I couldn't care less about, but when I see them out in the wild I can't stop playing them.

#33 4 years ago

#112 - The Sopranos

Great F-bomb callouts

#34 4 years ago

Laser ball- #370
-It is a fast wide body.
-Hard to get extra ball (very rewarding to achieve)
-Great rules!
-Love the sound of the spinner!
I got this machine for free, never would have payed for one- now I love it.

#35 4 years ago

^^ You are right to mention FS, play every one I find. LOVE the way it feeds the flippers. Rock quarry mech pre-dated tortuga MB in POTC. TBL fans take note it has a working bowling alley. Unfortunately the artwork is yucky.

Agreed, artwork not great, but the code is great, music, flow, and callouts!

#36 4 years ago

Avengers LE...Bam!!

#37 4 years ago

Immediately I thought of Who Dunnit. Checked, it's #101 so just missed the mark and deserves it, simple rules but very fun to shoot.

Night Rider EM, not on the list but just a fast fun target shooter for me.

#38 4 years ago

Lowest ranked game I own is Pool Sharks, but I love it.

#39 4 years ago

One vote for Lights, Camera, Action. I play it every time I turn my machines on.

#40 4 years ago

all of them

#41 4 years ago

#209 Alien Star. Super addictive gameplay and spinner rules! Shatzable inlanes and a MB where you can set up spinner rips of 50k per spin.

#42 4 years ago

Jackbot at 137, someday I will own it again.

#43 4 years ago

Baywatch

#44 4 years ago

Nascar and Apollo 13

#45 4 years ago

Last Action Hero. #146.

#46 4 years ago

197 Harlem Globetrotters

#47 4 years ago

Gotta say Williams Pit Stop. Most played game I've ever owned.

Didn't even make the EM top 300.

#48 4 years ago

I love my Mary Shelley's Frankenstein (158). Lots of shots, multiple multiballs, choice between Edgar Winter and a movie soundtrack, a monster that throws balls at you, great dots on a large DMD...how the hell is Xenon, Grand Lizard, Skateball, Viking, and Mousin' Around rated higher? The ratings on this site are pretty much garbage.

I also like my Rocky and Bullwinkle (155) but that one I get - wrong hat!

Games I don't own but really like: Paragon (102), Firepower (103), Batman Forever (110), Black Rose (115), Goldeneye (125), Elvis (144).

#49 4 years ago

^^ You are so right to mention FS. Play every one I find. LOVE the way it feeds the flippers. Rock quarry mech pre-dated tortuga MB in POTC. TBL fans take note it has a working bowling alley. Unfortunately the artwork is yucky.

The fact that they based it on the movie and not the cartoon itself didn't do it any favors. As much as the cartoon annoys me, the movie is awful.

#50 4 years ago

Embryon!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
There are 98 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/game-outside-top-100-you-enjoy-playing-most?hl=d8n-flipped and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.