Topic Stats

• 82 posts
  • 70 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by hwyhed
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

D8617B04-F32F-4844-BDDA-5ACA95774E43 (resized).jpeg

There are 82 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 3 months ago

What pinball machine outside of Pinside’s Top 100 (and number) do you enjoy playing the most? Some don’t know the complete list goes to 370 or that it ends in a turd.
D8617B04-F32F-4844-BDDA-5ACA95774E43 (resized).jpeg

#2 3 months ago

BK #137

I can’t get enough of this game, it rings my bell.

#3 3 months ago

Robocop and too many more to mention. The top 100 is full of overrated games and sacred cows that will always be there due to the old timers.

#4 3 months ago

#352, Shaq. I still can't figure out why it's rated so low.

#5 3 months ago

Number 242 Jungle Lord.

#6 3 months ago

#178 Apollo 13. 13 ball multiball? Yes, please.

#7 3 months ago

Anything made before 1980 isn't on that list, so games that I love like Harlem, Paragon, Joker Poker, etc aren't in the top 100...... although Paragon is close. 102? Wow, go Paragon!

Some games made 1980 or later that I find under-rated:

Black Knight (137)
Just got a Bad Girls (206) and I couldn't be happier with it.
RollerCoaster Tycoon (216) deserves more love.
Hardbody (366) is a cool game with surprises. How is it ranked so low? The artwork?

#9 3 months ago
Quoted from MEuRaH:

Hardbody (366) is a cool game with surprises. How is it ranked so low? The artwork?

Yeah it doesn’t surprise me it’s so low be of the super cheesy theme and art, but I have to wonder how many people who rated it have actually spent time with it.

I played it a ton on location when it was new and it hooked me in. Great layout and lots of fun. It was next to Cyclone in my local arcade and I stepped back and forth for an hour pretty much every day.

#10 3 months ago

No Fear, #162

#11 3 months ago

Rollergames #148 - it's my go to game when I just want a quick pinball fix. Not very deep, but always fun.

#12 3 months ago

Bally BMX

#13 3 months ago

Number 187, Nascar. The orbits shoot as smoothly as a much higher rated Lawlor game, No Good Gofers, and I enjoy the modes in Nascar more than the modes in NGG.

#14 3 months ago

Easy answer...Bally Paragon #102.
Built like a tank. VERY challenging. Gameplay settings can change the rules so much, it is like having 3 games in 1. Widebody with lots to do.
Best original art package of all time.

#17 3 months ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

BK #137
I can’t get enough of this game, it rings my bell.

I feel the top 150 is pretty solid, but it gets shaky after that. There are certainly fun games beyond that, but they seem to start devolving heavily into obvious things that are lacking and personal preferences begin to take over more.

#18 3 months ago

#193 Solar Fire

#21 3 months ago

I’ve been playing a lot of 115, Black Rose... but with a 7.7 being the dividing line there are so many good games are in the 100 - 200 range that I’d be super happy with a collection in that range, and heck, the 7s go all the way to 261 (South Park) and THEN the games get a little weirder and more sketchy.

So in that spirit, I almost never pass on a game of 296, Checkpoint, the first DMD game.

331, Gottlieb Strikes and Spares is also a fun weird bowling pin hybrid, and I like it.

#23 3 months ago

#348, Rolling Stones (MFD 2011) been playing the LE and it’s fun.

#24 3 months ago

Rob zombie

#25 3 months ago

I agree. I think it has a few thinga working against it, however. It is VERY rare. A lot of people simply haven't played it.
It is definitely NOT family friendly. Cursing/gore/theme take it out of play for a lot of people.
I have actually played 3 of these machines, and 2 just weren't dialed in well. They felt like clunkers. The third was amazing. It brought me to the conclusion that this is a great game.

#26 3 months ago

#113 TX Sector baby!!!

#27 3 months ago
#28 3 months ago

#170 Bad Cats. How in the hell is Party Zone two spots better than Bad Cats and one spot better than Meteor? Don't tell me sound, either.

#29 3 months ago

Flintstones ranks 132.....one of my favorite games.

Original translite is awful

#31 3 months ago

^^ You are so right to mention FS. Play every one I find. LOVE the way it feeds the flippers. Rock quarry mech pre-dated tortuga MB in POTC. TBL fans take note it has a working bowling alley. Unfortunately the artwork is yucky.

#32 3 months ago

NBA Fastbreak (123), Corvette (106), and NASCAR (187). Three themes that I couldn't care less about, but when I see them out in the wild I can't stop playing them.

#33 3 months ago

#112 - The Sopranos

Great F-bomb callouts

#34 3 months ago

Laser ball- #370
-It is a fast wide body.
-Hard to get extra ball (very rewarding to achieve)
-Great rules!
-Love the sound of the spinner!
I got this machine for free, never would have payed for one- now I love it.

#35 3 months ago

^^ You are right to mention FS, play every one I find. LOVE the way it feeds the flippers. Rock quarry mech pre-dated tortuga MB in POTC. TBL fans take note it has a working bowling alley. Unfortunately the artwork is yucky.

Agreed, artwork not great, but the code is great, music, flow, and callouts!

#37 3 months ago

Immediately I thought of Who Dunnit. Checked, it's #101 so just missed the mark and deserves it, simple rules but very fun to shoot.

Night Rider EM, not on the list but just a fast fun target shooter for me.

#38 3 months ago

Lowest ranked game I own is Pool Sharks, but I love it.

#39 3 months ago

One vote for Lights, Camera, Action. I play it every time I turn my machines on.

#40 3 months ago

all of them

#41 3 months ago

#209 Alien Star. Super addictive gameplay and spinner rules! Shatzable inlanes and a MB where you can set up spinner rips of 50k per spin.

#42 3 months ago

Jackbot at 137, someday I will own it again.

#43 3 months ago
#45 3 months ago
#46 3 months ago

197 Harlem Globetrotters

#47 3 months ago

Gotta say Williams Pit Stop. Most played game I've ever owned.

Didn't even make the EM top 300.

#48 3 months ago

I love my Mary Shelley's Frankenstein (158). Lots of shots, multiple multiballs, choice between Edgar Winter and a movie soundtrack, a monster that throws balls at you, great dots on a large DMD...how the hell is Xenon, Grand Lizard, Skateball, Viking, and Mousin' Around rated higher? The ratings on this site are pretty much garbage.

I also like my Rocky and Bullwinkle (155) but that one I get - wrong hat!

Games I don't own but really like: Paragon (102), Firepower (103), Batman Forever (110), Black Rose (115), Goldeneye (125), Elvis (144).

#49 3 months ago

^^ You are so right to mention FS. Play every one I find. LOVE the way it feeds the flippers. Rock quarry mech pre-dated tortuga MB in POTC. TBL fans take note it has a working bowling alley. Unfortunately the artwork is yucky.

The fact that they based it on the movie and not the cartoon itself didn't do it any favors. As much as the cartoon annoys me, the movie is awful.

#50 3 months ago

Embryon!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fredonia, NY
There are 82 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside