Topic Stats

• 70 posts
  • 33 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by sleethering
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Stickdicks.jpg

There are 70 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 3 years ago

Got my LE GoT yesterday and have been playing around with it. Quick question for those that may know. In the feature adjustments #5 its says 'Stick Figure Video Mode' On/Off. It was default to Off yet I still played the video mode before I noticed the feature was off. Anyone know what its about? The manual has zero pages devoted to the Feature adjustments.

Anyone notice that sword lock ramp is way to steep? The plastic guard they put on it never works. The ball goes flying. 10 min of play testing should have told them that. I'll have to keep an eye out for a future mod that brings the guard down closer to the entrance of the ramp.

Also I may be missing something here, but when I open the coin door the high power doesn't shut off. The game still plays.

Edit Shit/shut

#2 3 years ago

While on the topic.
I have still yet to see anyone actually win the video mode. Lol

#3 3 years ago

Pretty unbearable and atrocious video mode. I have won it, and I'll keep doing it as the 3X 60,000,000 is hard to say no to. But it's bad.

Basically retreat at the first sign of trouble and stab, retreat. Don't just attack like a lunatic, or you will die a very slow, protracted, and poorly animated and rendered death.

#4 3 years ago
Quoted from AdamTheHutt:

Got my LE GoT yesterday and have been playing around with it.

Somebody ELSE got their GOT LE before me? Again...I am SO happy for you!

#5 3 years ago
Quoted from AdamTheHutt:

but when I open the coin door the high power doesn't shit off.

Oh man, did you want it to shit on you? i only kid.

seriously though, i was always impressed with the older games like LOTR & FGY that had the feature adjustments explained in the manual. Those days seem to be over as the programmers are writing in feature adjustments as they code the game after the manual has been generated. I think even LOTR has 1 or 2 feature adjustments not in the manual. But the point is i always felt like feature adjustments are features of the game that are sometimes intended and sometimes not. So instead of having an inconsistent manual of some feature adjustments and some not, i guess they decided to just remove them all for consistency as they are game specific 'feature' adjustments.

#6 3 years ago

Hah, well I got to it once and the ball was still on the playfield. So kinda hard to play using flippers while the ball is active. I don't think the Iron Throne holds balls very well. There appears to be a little metal gate but it doesn't' go up.

#7 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Don't just attack like a lunatic, or you will die a very slow, protracted, and poorly animated and rendered death.

Funny I think that woks pretty well actually.

#8 3 years ago
Quoted from AdamTheHutt:

Quick question for those that may know. In the feature adjustments #5 its says 'Stick Figure Video Mode' On/Off. It was default to Off yet I still played the video mode before I noticed the feature was off. Anyone know what its about? The manual has zero pages devoted to the Feature adjustments.

Well they recently changed the graphics, so they're more 3D rendered looking, and less stick figure like. So I would guess that it's just an option to return to the previous look if you wanted to for some reason. Can't see why you'd want to.

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Pretty unbearable and atrocious video mode. I have won it, and I'll keep doing it as the 3X 60,000,000 is hard to say no to. But it's bad.

That was my worry. If it's real points, with no risk (can't drain, so why not?) then people won't pass it up. And then you're watching people play a game on a 2015 pinball that wouldn't have been acceptable on an Atari 2600. Just don't see the point of that.

#9 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Well they recently changed the graphics, so they're more 3D rendered looking, and less stick figure like. So I would guess that it's just an option to return to the previous look if you wanted to for some reason. Can't see why you'd want to.

Good call. Didn't think of that at all. I do have the new code on my machine, so that's probably it. Thanks!

Anyone else having issues with the Iron Throne losing balls before it gets kicked out?

#10 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

That was my worry. If it's real points, with no risk (can't drain, so why not?) then people won't pass it up.

Well for me if I have a choice between 3x video mode at 75 million or save my gold and get lord of light lit next time, I'm passing up video mode every single time. Getting lord of light relit can mean 100s of millions of points.

#11 3 years ago

The only worse video mode I can think of is Tommy.

#12 3 years ago
Quoted from sleethering:

JM is pretty bad.

#13 3 years ago

Yeah I actually considered mentioning that one for a second, but at least it's kind of challenging. On Tommy, you can just fly on the bottom and make it all the way through and is pretty much a joke.

#14 3 years ago

I guess no one has played LWJP's video mode?

#15 3 years ago

So I fixed the Iron Throne. the ball bounces off the chair 60% of the time so I cut a little piece of that thin black squishy absorbing sticker, placed it on the left side of the Throne. Hasn't fallen out yet. Bam

And yes, the video mode is pretty lame. Just played it again now to text the 3d version.

#16 3 years ago
Quoted from sleethering:

JM as mentioned, DW is god awful.

#17 3 years ago

It's really better to say which video modes don't suck. Uh ... Shadow and BSD have decent ones.

#18 3 years ago

Most of them are pretty bad, honestly.

Shadow is probably my favorite. Moves fast, not easy to finish, worth a decent amount of points but not excessive and you're probably only going to play it once per game.

#19 3 years ago
Quoted from sleethering:

Most of them are pretty bad, honestly.
Shadow is probably my favorite. Moves fast, not easy to finish, worth a decent amount of points but not excessive and you're probably only going to play it once per game.

Love the Shadow one but the Indy and T2 video modes are my fav.

#20 3 years ago
Quoted from AdamTheHutt:

Love The Shadow one but the Indy and T2 video modes are my fav.

Yeah those are two good ones too.

#21 3 years ago

IJ will always be king on that front; 3 of them all good.

STNGs are good as well.

#22 3 years ago

FT and indy are the best i think. STTNG is the same every time, and never randomizes. The GoT is getting better, but still sucks.

#23 3 years ago

STTNG would be fine if you only played it once per game or if the pattern changed. It's too valuable and easy to play repeatedly that it dominates competitive play and is a total snooze fest.

#24 3 years ago

JM is actually pretty fun and challenging.

FT is by far rge best.

Congo is great and 3 stages of variablity. Rocks, Hippos, then Hippos and Rocks.

BW is another pretty fun one.

#25 3 years ago

BSD video mode all day

#26 3 years ago

This arguably doesn't count, but my favorite video mode is on Timeshock. I actually enjoy playing and trying to get a perfect score.

#27 3 years ago

The Law has got it right:
IJ and Star Trek FTW!!!

#28 3 years ago

STTNG's video mode is one of the worst in the history of pinball, are you kidding? (Well to be fair, as an arcade game it works, for home use and competition it's terrible.)

It's the same every time. Free, no-risk points to anyone who takes the time to memorize it. When winning a competition can come from memorizing a sequence that's not pinball, that's lame.

#29 3 years ago

I like STTNG video modes. Don't forget Riker poker.

#30 3 years ago

Even when a video mode is good (which is rare), I still can't stand it if it's worth an obnoxious amount of points. I would've preferred the value not raised on GOT video mode, that way people who want to play it can, and it won't in any way affect the scoring of the game. With the way it is now it's both not fun, and not trivial enough value-wise to necessarily justify passing up.

I really like what Ben Heck did with AMH's video mode. Very difficult to get to, I only get it on maybe 5% of my games, and it's worth low value (plus it can be disabled in settings). For anyone who wants a video mode it's there and it's fun, and for anyone that doesn't, it can be disabled. Plus if the game's on route with it on, players won't have to worry about the video portion happening too often, nor unbalancing the scoring of the game.

#31 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

It's really better to say which video modes don't suck. Uh ... Shadow and BSD have decent ones.

CFTBL!

#32 3 years ago

JY video mode FTW!

#33 3 years ago

Indy is the benchmark in video modes.

#34 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Don't forget Fish Tales!

#36 3 years ago

If you can't beat the stick people, I recommend running them off the road.
Stickdicks.jpg

#37 3 years ago

I lile the option on GoT. Maybe too heavy on points tho

#38 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Free, no-risk points to anyone who takes the time to memorize it. When winning a competition can come from memorizing a sequence that's not pinball, that's lame.

Knowing the pattern and doing it are 2 diff'rent things.

#39 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

If you can't beat the stick people, I recommend running them off the road.
Stickdicks.jpg

Jump to 3:03.

#40 3 years ago

I havent seen or played the GOT video mode and already feel they should scrap it. That said, i always felt a cool video mode would be a randomized button sequence using all 3 buttons similar to guitar hero with a 3d animation scene in the background fighting people.

#41 3 years ago

Why would they scrap it when the mode is selectable in the first place? You can just scrap it yourself and let the people who enjoy video modes watch it get updated. If it never reaches its potential then just don't select it.

#42 3 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Why would they scrap it when the mode is selectable in the first place? You can just scrap it yourself and let the people who enjoy video modes watch it get updated. If it never reaches its potential then just don't select it.

Like i said, i havent played GOT, so forgive any ignorance i may have about how buying features work - but from what i understand is that there's only 3 selectable features each time you visit the purchase screen, so video mode is taking up one of those features leaving you really only with 2 options. But hey, its early code and i still havent dug into it yet so take what i say with a grain of salt.

#43 3 years ago

Video mode is not always an option out of the 3, but a simple fix is just add it to the adjustments so you can eliminate the video mode all together. I would honestly like to see an adjustment that lets you customize the pop bumper awards and the mystery awards to your liking. Only have it pick from the awards you want to see.

#44 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Like i said, i havent played GOT, so forgive any ignorance i may have about how buying features work - but from what i understand is that there's only 3 selectable features each time you visit the purchase screen, so video mode is taking up one of those features leaving you really only with 2 options. But hey, its early code and i still havent dug into it yet so take what i say with a grain of salt.

You are correct. It does indeed take up one of the three slots sometimes.

#45 3 years ago

I know this wouldnt go over well with operators, but i'd like to see the entire list of possible items to buy in that screen with the ones you cant afford shaded out. Yea, there will be like 20 items to cycle through but can be programmed to cycle fast and smooth and visibly show the items you cannot purchase by being shaded out. Being able to see all the items will also make you think about what your buying and whether or not you should risk saving your gold and go for a bigger item.

Dont know though, just thinking out loud.

#46 3 years ago

JY and Elvis!

#47 3 years ago
Quoted from AdamTheHutt:

Anyone else having issues with the Iron Throne losing balls before it gets kicked out?

I've been experimenting with pushing the habittrail closer. Your solution sounds good. I hope they put in some sort of software fix though for the occasional loose ball.

#48 3 years ago

One of the best video modes is in Lethal Weapon 3. You get it shooting orbits and you have to shoot the suspect at the right time for max points WHILE the ball is still in play. I wish more games would use that style of video mode. LW3 used the gun plunger but GOT could use it with the center action button just as easily.

#49 3 years ago
Quoted from jonnyo:

One of the best video modes is in Lethal Weapon 3. You get it shooting orbits and you have to shoot the suspect at the right time for max points WHILE the ball is still in play. I wish more games would use that style of video mode. LW3 used the gun plunger but GOT could use it with the center action button just as easily.

yeah, shooting that gun while playing is fun. Great idea.

#50 3 years ago
Quoted from jonnyo:

Yes, nothing quite like taking your hand off the flipper button to squeeze the trigger and losing the ball if your not careful. HS2 has the same thing with shifting gears. The ultimate in risk vs. reward!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Mods for your pinballs
$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
7,999 (OBO)
Sale Pending!
Kansas City, MO
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Woodbury, CT
5,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Huntsville, AL
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Mods for your pinballs
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
There are 70 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside