D6_j37IUEAY1Pp8 (resized).jpg
got1-with-circle (resized).jpg
20190519_232926 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_2019-05-20-00-12-27~2 (resized).png
Screenshot_2019-05-20-00-09-07 (resized).png
Screenshot_2019-05-20-00-09-27 (resized).png
Screenshot_2019-05-20-00-09-39 (resized).png
got22 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider taylor34.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#142 6 years ago

I love game of thrones, but this whole season has gotten really predictable and somewhat dumb. Like you knew Jon wasn't going to die, the dragons would come, and that now there's a dead dragon on their side that I assume their leader will now ride into battle. Did they really need to go over the wall to get that walker, like that seemed like the stupidest thing ever to grab one soldier from a huge army and won't change anything, just an episode to make the bad guys even stronger through stupidity. The whole sisters fighting thing also seems super weird. I was kind of cringing a lot during this episode, like they added in the bear just so you knew that animals are fair game (when I think all the dead horses gave that away long ago).

1 week later
#238 6 years ago
Quoted from mittens:

I was surprised by the breath too. I wasn't expecting that. It looked like a plasma beam (I guess magic?). Regardless - pretty awesome.

That didn't really make a whole lot of sense. The whole show has been about 'winter is coming' forever, and the reason it comes is due to blue fire, lol? How were they going to get past the wall before last episode when they got the dragon?

I'm starting to think that the Game of Thrones would have been better without the whole zombie thing. It's never really made much sense overall, I think all the other plot lines are far more interesting than some cold dude who never speaks and can throw a javelin 100's of miles. It's also starting to feel really rushed, I was looking forward to the wall battle and they essentially ended it in 30 seconds.

1 year later
#525 4 years ago
Quoted from Hobbypinball:

Its called jumping the shark.........
What annoyed me most about the last episode was the weapon and accuracy used to take a moving dragon out of the sky from a boat a mile or so away. Not hit it just once, but twice in the same location and then a third through the throat?!?
And then the energy of said harpoon guns effectively packing more punch than a cannon in taking out half a ship with one shot. Yes its fantasy, but when you throw ALL sense of physics out the window it becomes tedious to watch.

Yes, the harpoon thing was ridiculous. Brand new weapon barely ever used although it was developed initially centuries before, and all of sudden it can take out any ship or dragon with 95% accuracy. Why exactly did this ever go away if it was so effective against ships? It makes a cannon ball look like a toy, lol.

#648 4 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

Personally, I think it would've been cool if Rhaegal was never
killed in Ep. 4. Jon and Dany each ride their dragon in Ep. 5 until
the pivotal moment with the bells. Then bam, a couple of scorpions
appear that were hidden in cars like they did last season. They
both score direct hits on Rhaegal, killing him. Then Dany goes
crazy and burns the city.

Actually that would have been much better. Like way better. And would have made a lot more sense then shooting 3 for 4 on a dragon 2 miles away and then going 0 for 1000 on a dragon flying right at them the next week.

#710 4 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

So is that a believable story arc for Bran?
I'm not shocked, but o ly because I've come to expect the unexpected. The fact it was so unexpected just means the story wasnt told well enough.

I'm not even quite sure what Bran did. Wasn't he gone for like almost a whole season, maybe 2? He figured out history but did that really end up meaning anything since they just discarded it anyways? And then his personality totally changed with the "why do you think I came all the way down here" line after being so distant the past couple seasons?

It was a weird ending. Bran, you've done almost nothing this entire show. In fact almost none of the main characters have talked with you much. You can control birds and know a lot about history so I guess you're king, lol.

I didn't like the way Jon did Dany. One Jon would never do it like that. He would have argued until he was blue in the face but never would have taken that step. Too many people going out of character the past few episodes.

#721 4 years ago
Quoted from Asael:

They are not going out of character. Watch it again. It's a very complex show and it plays with expectations. I think a Bertolt Brecht would have realy liked this show, it's "Epic theatre" like the way he did.

I don't remember Dany burning innocents in the first 7 seasons, or Jon stabbing anyone no matter how bad they were, or Bran having an ego. I don't buy the "they were always that way, we just didn't it show it that way for 7 1/2 seasons, just the final 3 episodes they totally change into doing things they never would have done 3 episodes before", lol.

Maybe the reason it doesn't sit well with me is that it feels like what happens in real life sometimes. The motivated person gets burned, the person who always does the right thing gets screwed, and the person that did nothing wins.

#724 4 years ago
Quoted from Asael:

Watch the scene between Jon and Tyrion in jail again. Tyrion explained to Jon, that he was blind about Dany. But her actions in kingslanding are rooted in her doings before. Just we, like Tyrion, couldn't see the bad she did, cause she did it to bad people. Watch again her expressions and words when they killed her brother. She was mad from the beginning. The only thing different is, that we didn't like her enemys before.

Oh that's right, I forgot the scene where she killed her brother and then burned down the whole village just because.

#785 4 years ago

One other thing I thought about from last night, when they found Cersei in the rocks, why didn't they just step to the right like 2 feet? The rocks only fell in that one little spot. Also, I'm not sure how they were laying on top of all the rocks instead of buried underneath at the bottom. If they only would have fallen a different direction only their legs would have been in the rocks.

I think I'm like 'meh' like everyone else. It's probably the same feeling I would have gotten after watching Lord of the Rings movies if Gandalf would have killed Aragon after winning the battle so they banish him, and then they pick Elrond (the elven king dude who never participated in anything) as the new king and sent Frodo to live in Mt Doom permanently for destroying the ring, lol. You could have said the same thing there, Aragon was always blood thirsty after orcs. I dunno, I think it's the fact that there was this giant buildup forever of everything that couldn't possibly live up to expectations, and then they rushed everything so fast that it barely made any sense. In 6 episodes Jon goes from loving her to asking for her help to survive to doing her in.

#786 4 years ago
Quoted from creepykenny:

slow, boring, with an improbable very happy ending, only thing thats worse than the munsters code
its like the directors wrote the script after repeatedly watching return of the king

Return of the King? The ending was nothing like Return of the King. That ending made sense, the rightful heir made it to the throne. In this one the person who was barely in a lot of the seasons and didn't really participate in anything was the big winner.

1 week later
#892 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Maybe I could see Danny becoming enraged if she had given Cerci a chance to submit had more face to face with the two or Cerci had just executed Mesendai so that Danny would have had more reason to go nuts, she had never acted this way killing innocent women and children.

I agree. What it really feels like is that they had the entire story going for an ending with either Jon or Dany on the throne for 7 1/2 seasons, then were told with 3 episodes left that they had to put Bran on the throne and were like "oh crap". So they hurried and made everything change extremely quickly to follow that narrative, which doesn't make a whole lot of sense. The way the previous 7 1/2 seasons were filmed don't support the ending really, Bran like disappeared for large sections of time and was basically non-existent for the most part, a small side story most of the time. If he would have been a lot more featured, it would have made more sense. I think not having a clear ending from the beginning made the ending turn weird.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider taylor34.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/game-of-thrones-the-show-spoilers-ahead?tu=taylor34 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.