D6_j37IUEAY1Pp8 (resized).jpg
got1-with-circle (resized).jpg
20190519_232926 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_2019-05-20-00-12-27~2 (resized).png
Screenshot_2019-05-20-00-09-07 (resized).png
Screenshot_2019-05-20-00-09-27 (resized).png
Screenshot_2019-05-20-00-09-39 (resized).png
got22 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rdoyle1978.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#586 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

And Varys death? Total waste.
I basically am thinking of HBO GoT like Donald Sutherland in invasion of the Body Snatchers. It's doing all the right things for a long time, then there's a little break and you see him and aren't quite sure if everything's okay (S08 Ep 1-3), then he turns and does the alien shriek to show he's been snatched. These last two episodes have been the shriek. Pretty sure there's no good ending or even good bad ending for any of this in the HBO version. It's just stupid fanfic-level writing.

this is where I'm at. I have totally stopped caring about any of the characters who are still alive. Character deaths, good or bad, have to mean something, otherwise they are just there to shock. THis always ends up ringing hollow.

First, they completely blow off the white walkers, then wipe out one of the dragons *just like that*. That moment out of nowhere, I thought worked - but it was ultimately pointless. They did it to surprise the viewer and (sort of?) give Cersei a sense of false confidence... but did she really need it? Totally a waste, and felt very much like a "we don't have a finale planned out" plan.

All I could think of was Gov. Tarkin and the Death Star in that tower scene. ("evacuate? In our moment of triumph? I think you overestimate their chances..."). And Cersei/Jaime. WTFFF. Why would he go back to her? The baby? I guess? huh? That ended up being pointless too. Write the baby in, ok... make Jaime want to go back to her because of the baby... uh, ok I guess. Then kill them off in the most unspectacular and cowardly way (cowardly writing) possible. Her death was really lame, and I'm not clear on why they would write that scene, instead of having literally *any* character come kill Cersei. It was like they couldn't decide who should have the pleasure, and just copped out, and screw the fans. Now the show is the end of Double Dragon where you fight your brother. WTF.

I was kind of ambivalent for episodes 1-3, started really getting apathetic in episode 4, then episode 5 I suddenly started thinking about "Lost". I think I'm out.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rdoyle1978.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/game-of-thrones-the-show-spoilers-ahead?tu=rdoyle1978 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.