D6_j37IUEAY1Pp8 (resized).jpg
got1-with-circle (resized).jpg
20190519_232926 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_2019-05-20-00-12-27~2 (resized).png
Screenshot_2019-05-20-00-09-07 (resized).png
Screenshot_2019-05-20-00-09-27 (resized).png
Screenshot_2019-05-20-00-09-39 (resized).png
got22 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider procrastinator.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#69 6 years ago
Quoted from Zdoor:

If Raegar is Johns father, which seems pretty much set at this point, and there was a marriage between Lyanna and Raegar which also seems likely and means Nohn is not a bastqrd but a Targaryen, wouldn't that mean that John has a stronger claim to the Iron throne than Danerys?

We were discussing this yesterday and I think so. There is a lot of theories floating around, but some believe Jon is "the prince that was promised" and he would be " reborn" to save mankind. Kinda seems that way with the way the story has been going.

Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

It's my understanding that the last book isn't even written yet. Of course I watch the show, I don't watch the end commentaries tho. If HBO has said that then I missed it, but if it hasn't been wRritten yet how do you know the authors true vision.

The last few books haven't been written, but that doesn't mean the R+L=J hasn't almost entirely been proven. The producers have discussed it....hell, George Martin himself discussed it. When L was giving birth, do you think she said "protect him from Robert", if Robert was the father? That makes no sense.

There is a lot of theories that could be argued one way or another, but trust me, the R+L=J debate is over. It's a fact.

#73 6 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

He's not being hidden from Robert, he's being hidden from Cercei. She is a ruthless bitch and why she is one of the last Lannisters standing. Bran saw the tower birth and he's knows who Jon's parents are. Let's ask him. Oh they didn't clearly reveal it yet did they.

I'm really trying here man....No one was hiding Jon from cersei, Robert and cersei weren't even a thought when Jon was born. Robert was married to Ned's sister, Leanna (sp?). Leanna ran off with the targaryen (some said kidnapped), which started Roberts war (forget the actual Wars name). Ned found his sister at that tower scene giving birth. She told him to protect him from Robert because he was killing all targaryens (Jon is half targ, so needed to be protected like Dany and her brother who went across the sea). The big deal is Jon snow is stark and targ, ice and fire, that's why he is so important in the story.

This is pretty much settled. Not really an argument to be had about it. It almost sounds like your talking about Gendry, who IS Roberts bastard, and cersei is/was looking for. Not trying to be a dick, just explaining why the majority agrees r+l=j.

#74 6 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

I just can't wait for someone (Arya) to kill Littlefinger. That guy must be a great actor because just seeing his face gets me all riled up. I've seen him in other shows and movies and when he comes on the screen I instinctively shake my fist at the screen and say "you'll get yours Littlefinger".

Seriously. The fact he betrayed Ned in the beginning, and has been pretty much been involved with the starks every day since is frustrating. I do think most of the starks realize his intentions, and that one day it will all bite him in the ass. It is GOT though, so who knows.

#79 6 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

Or is he? He could actually be the son of Robert and Cercei. Their dark haired first born so who passed away shortly after birth. Gendry recalls his mother was a yellow haired tavern whore.
And is Tyrion actually half Targaryen (the mad king hit on Tywin's wife)? It would explain why the chained up dragons let him come up to them and unchain them. Thus he did not kill his dad.
Both would have claims to the throne like Jon.

Not sure about the first part, but the Tyrion/targ theory is one I want to believe pretty badly. In the books, his description is having hair of brown and silver, and if you notice season 1, he had blonde hair. It's going to be an action packed 9 episodes left, and hopefully they can wrap up a lot of the questions floating around.

#83 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Has that plot point really been set up on the show (other than the dragons not burning and eating him alive on site when they buried in mereen)?

No, not really at all. There has been a lot of people on reddit who pulled a bunch of quotes from the show that would back it up, but there hasn't been any real signs. The problem also is the show has combined and discarded a lot of characters from the books, so hard to make the same assumptions from book to show. It's probably good though, as the books are almost like information overload. Luckily we only have 9 episodes to find out out the whole story!

#89 6 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

Lyanna was promised to Robert, they were not married. Them running off together started Roberts Rebellion.

Quoted from Meph:

Good god, has nobody read the books?
Lyanna Stark was promised to Robert Baratheon. Prince Rhaegar won the Tournament at Harrenhal. After winning the tournament Rhaegar took the laurel of winter roses and presented them to Lyanna instead of his own wife, Ellia Martell. This began the events leading to Roberts rebellion. A year later Rhaegar took Lyanna Stark to the Tower of Joy with Ser Arthur Dayne and Ser Oswell Whent. There is a lot of importance to who came to take her, I will get back to that in a minute.
After Lyanna was taken Lord Rickard Stark (Ned & Lyanna's Father) and Brandon Stark (Ned & Lyanna's older brother) both raced to Kings Landing to demand Rhaegar's head. The Mad King arrested them as traitors and strung them up. Lord Rickard was burnt to death and Brandon was strung up and ended up strangling himself while his father was being burnt alive. This started the rebellion.
Robert Baratheon claimed that Rhaegar kidnapped Lyanna and raped her, but Ser Barristan Selmy believed that they were in love. This is where the show fails to give viewers some crucial details that make all these "clues" make sense. In the books we get to see some of Neds "memories" about Lyanna's death when he is waiting for death below the Red Keep. Through the other books we get more and more little fragments of those events but you really have to pay attention. Ned and Howland Reed were the only two that survived that day so the information is sparse. THe show gives us a visual account but unless I missed it, the show fails to give some crucial information about that scene.
Ned Stark, Howland Reed, and 5 other Northerners arrived at the Tower of Joy to find it guarded by Lord Commander Gerold Hightower, Ser Arthur Dayne, and Ser Oswald Whent. Where the show fails on this scene is a piece that the book gives out early. I don't remember exactly where but I believe it's Barristan Selmy giving a historical account of the Kings Guard. He tells how about the function of the Kingsguard and explains that their purpose is to protect the royal family and ONLY the royal family. So here we have the 3 most trusted and most powerful Kings Guards standing guard outside a tower that holds nobody except Lyanna Stark. Big fight ensues and the only survivors are Ned and Howland Reed. Ned goes inside to find Lyanna.
In the show we see her dying in a bed covered in blood, in the books we learn that she is dying in a "bed of blood". In book 1 Mirra Max Duur (red lady that tries to save Khal Drogo) tells Dany that she knows all the secrets of the "Bloody bed" and has never lost a child herself. Lyanna tells something to Ned which we see as the whispers about not letting Robert know. While this is going on Robert is killing Rhaegar on the Trident and Jaime is killing the Mad King and opening the gates. Rebellion is over, Robert is king, and Ned returns home......with a newborn baby that he claims is his bastard from some commoner woman.
All the pieces are there. Now we know why the 3 most revered Kings guards are protecting the Tower of Joy, they are protecting the prince's newborn son. That means that Dany is John's aunt. In line of succession though the prince's son would be before the prince's sister. In last week's episode they fully let the cat out of the bag while Ghilly was reading the Maester's books. Prince Rhaegar had his marriage annuled so he could marry another. Rhaegar marries Lyanna and now John is a true born Targaryan.
Now I am going to have to go read the books again just to see if there is some mention of annulment that I might have missed.
Maybe later I will get into why John Snow is the reincarnation of Azor Azhai or The Prince that was Promised. Azor Azhai rose up with his flaming sword (lightbringer) to drive back the darkness and end the Long Night.

Thanks guys, it's been over a decade since I read the books and details were fuzzy. The only thing I really remember is how annoyed I was at how many times Theon called himself Reek.

I'm curious your thoughts on Azor azhai and what role "the brotherhood" plays? It's obvious they have some powers, but not sure how they fit. Also, do you think arya's character will take revenge on some of the people that were dealt with in the book by lady stoneHart? Im glad the show did away with her character, as I never really thought it fit well into the story, but then again, what do I know.

1 week later
#278 6 years ago

tormund and Berric were on the part of the wall left standing as the other poster said. Also, Dany's army was outside KL, not highgarden. Cersei even said something about her bringing them down to KL.

#281 6 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

I'm tellin ya, Jon Snow is not Targarian. IF he is the son of the mad King and Ned's sister, that would make him and Dany half brother/sister right? Incest is not best.

Lethal_Inc satisfied now?

1 year later
#475 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Next week Grey Worm will wake up in a sweat and realize that part was all a dream. No way Dany got to Cersei before Jon WHO LEFT BEFORE HER. I mean, the Iron Islands are on the opposite side of the continent from Kings Landing, but somehow Dany beat him there with TROOPS?
Interactive map to show the distances between episode locations:
http://quartermaester.info/

Dany wasn’t going to the iron islands...she was going to dragonstone which is near Kings landing.

Reviews were mixed in my office so far, but a friend made a good point. People were complaining about Arya and how she killed the night king....how she made it through the dead, blah blah. Sure, they could’ve shown how she did it, but wasn’t that the point was to have utter despair as he comes up to Bran? Arya saving the day wasn’t a total surprise, but the way they did it made for exciting TV.

Im not saying the writing hasn’t taken a turn, but it’s still better than a lot of the other shit on tv, even with its flaws.

It is also amazing to me the amount of people who don’t know basic characters or background of the show. Probably 30% of the people I know that watch couldn’t identify jojen reed or euron Greyjoy, but they are the first ones to complain. Either way, I’ve mostly enjoyed the series and it will be sad to see it go.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider procrastinator.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/game-of-thrones-the-show-spoilers-ahead?tu=procrastinator and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.