D6_j37IUEAY1Pp8 (resized).jpg
got1-with-circle (resized).jpg
20190519_232926 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_2019-05-20-00-12-27~2 (resized).png
Screenshot_2019-05-20-00-09-07 (resized).png
Screenshot_2019-05-20-00-09-27 (resized).png
Screenshot_2019-05-20-00-09-39 (resized).png
got22 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider methos.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#27 6 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

Jamie and Bronn will both be captured.
Drogon will die (poisoned bolt to the shoulder) just like Khal Drogo did, with a shoulder infection.
Arya will kill peter Baylish with the catspaw dagger.
Vayres won't be around for long, unless he has one more trick up his sleve. His story arc is done.
Greyworm won't make it back to Mesandi, their sex scene sealed his fate. G.R.R.M builds these attachments then tears them apart. (Dead by the end of the season)
Tormund will die at eastwatch by the sea. There will be a big battle. I don't expect him to live.
Everyone with a valyrian sword will live till the final battle. Jon, arya, brianne, Jamie, and Sam.
....that is all for now. I've got a prediction for how it will all end, but I think I'm right and don't want to spoil it completely.

Those are all to easy and obvious to be true. Not saying some of it won't come true...

The part I can' figure yet is when Bran tells Jon his past and he tells everyone what Littlefinger did. That will get the ball rolling.

Cercsi will die by Jamie, it was part of the prohecy.

#117 6 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Yeah I didn't like how he turned for one final look at everyone before jumping in the boat. I thought 'Oh no, Jorah isn't coming back alive from this trip'. I could see him sacrificing himself for the greater good. Who knows? That's what makes this show so great.
But they better damn make sure The Hound comes back alive. My favorite character by far. Also looking forward to learning Beric Dondarrion's true purpose. Probably the most important minor character. Been around since season one when Ned Stark sent him off to capture The Mountain for crimes against the people of the Riverlands (different actor back then tho). Plus the best voice of any actor on the show. That's quite the crew heading north of the wall.

I would think the Hound has to come back to battle his brother. The brotherhood, besides the Hound, and Jorah will not make it, which is too bad as they are interesting every time they are on the screen...although Dondarrion's isn't even alive in the books anymore.

I can't believe their plan is to give Cerci "proof". Her army was just destroyed - what does she have that the need?

It is apparent that their source material is gone (Martin's books), as the writing is starting to be so one dimensional. I can't believe of all of the political and stratergy discussions that are missing.

#121 6 years ago
Quoted from nman:

Yeah, I'm pretty sure Dondarrion is a goner on this expedition and probably one or two other as well. Certainly Jon and the Hound will survive and likely Lord Friendzone as well. I hope Gendry lives, he's just too darn likeable for them to just pull a "Rickon" with him,but who knows.

Agreed, that's definitely one of the stupidest plot motivations I've heard in awhile, but I'm just going with it at this point ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

That makes no sense. She kills Stark, she blows up the House of Baylor, every chance she gets, she plots and backstabs. She is much worse in the books.

What does she have that Jon/Dani need? Nothing....and for then all to believe that bringing her some corpses is going to prove anything to her is idotic. If anything, she would use the dead to kill her living enemies.

Typical lazy TV writing.

And Martin had his shot and blew it. He should have finished his books so he could have a say. As of now, he is irrelevant.

And what they did to Rickon and the Wildling who protected him (can't recall her name) was a waste.

#186 6 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

When you read the books, you'll know exactly what alot of us are complaining about. Martin doesn't leave huge unbelievable plot holes that the current show writers do. I can still remember the first time I read the chapter for the Red Wedding. I was completely floored that they killed off Catelyn and Robb. I also remember when the episode aired, people talked about it for weeks. You don't have those plot twists now that the show is past the books. I'm frustrated that Martin got so far behind on his writing that we're left with other writers writing his story. To me, the current GOT is still great, but not nearly as good as it could be if Martin had finished the series. Also, where the hell is Ghost? In the books Ghost is an extension of Jon and is only away from him when Ghost is hunting.
I think next season will be killer. Obviously some big players are going to have to be killed off. The question is who and how.
Clegane Bowl! This Sunday! The Hound vs. the Mountain. This is the battle I've been waiting for for years.

Agree 100%. It is apparent that the show is missing Martin's guiding hand, but he forfeited his right when he failed to get off his ass to finish his books.

This season is wayyyy too much action and not enough dialog. We have all of these characters finally meeting each other and getting together and it feels like it's all rushed. No character development anymore. Watch seasons 1 and 2 to see how it used to be. Martin did wander all too far in books 4 and 5, but he made the good moments mean something.

And I'm calling it now - Cerci will form an allegiance with the white walkers. In the book, she's an evil bitch.

#188 6 years ago
Quoted from aingide:

It's possible that it's no longer in Bran's interest to help Sansa or Arya (for now, at least).
While they haven't revealed his true purpose, I think his job as the Three-Eyed Raven is to make sure that the "right" sequence of events takes place to maintain some kind of universal order that protects humans against the white walkers.
In any case, I would be really shocked if the Arya/Sansa/Littlefinger storyline plays out in a conventional way....at least someone in this scenario has to be double or triple-crossing the others.

Bran and the Night King are now one and the same. The White Walkers brought 3 spears and the Night King touched Bran's arm last season which sealed his fate.

Wouldn't it be great if Jamie kills his sister next episode?

#219 6 years ago

We know Cercsi will die by Jamie's hand and that she will only have three children.

#240 6 years ago
Quoted from nman:

***SPOILERS***
That was a great episode. Felt less rushed than the last two but still a ton of stuff happened. A few thoughts:
Of course Cercsi is backstabby, but not quite in the way I was expecting. Euron's ruse was painfully transparent as was Cercsi's belly rub (c'mon Tyrion!)
Got VERY nervous at the end with Jamie, but he totally called her bluff. I realized that he's become a very likeable character for me.
Got a little nervous about the Winterfell part too, but for a different reaso. I was pretty sure i know where it was going (and it did, and made me so happy ), but the thought of it going the stark v stark route made me very nervous that the writers were potentially making a huge mistake instead.
No Cleganebowl yet
They kinda dodged the whole debate about whether the wight dragon would have fire or ice breath, didn't they? Was that just blue fire?

I got very nervous for Jamie at the end....

So is that the end of him running with Cersi? What is the Mad King's daughter going to do when he shows up at Winterfell?

I am guessing Tyrion and Berine will beg her to listen to his story first.....

#241 6 years ago

Just a couple of quick thoughts.
Sucks that there was no Clegane bowl. But Sandor pretty much set it up for next season.
It's good to finally see book Jaime, the one that stands up to Cersei.
Also as a book reader, I was always disappointed that I would never get to see Rhaegar. Then, by surprise we finally do, and he looks exactly like Viserys. WTF?

I said the same thing - even in the books we never really get a glimpse of him like other historicals...I think he has 2 lines or something. So this is the first we ever saw/heard him.

Looks like the same actor that played Dani' brother.

#250 6 years ago
Quoted from nman:

If Dany is smart, she'll make use of him. He's an excellent strategist. A single, on handed guy isn't really a threat to her unless she leaves herself totally unguarded around him, which she won't do. Besides, the first thing he's going to say on the way in the door is "my sister lied to you" and it's hard to see how that does anything but instill a little trust.
I hope Bronn comes with him, but I get the feeling he's more likely to pull a Euron (but for real) or just stick where all the gold is.

If he is going to go there alone, it will be interesting. Remember he tried to kill Dani only a few eps ago. Then again Bran "saw" him kill Ayres a season ago so he could state that he was justified in what he did.

All in all, it will be interesting to see what happens a year from now.

#253 6 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I hope Bronn comes out like some kind of hero in the end. Saves Tyrion or something.
So, is Cersei really pregnant?

I'm guessing not, otherwise she wouldn't be showcasing it like she is.

Would that be something if the Jon/Dani/Jamie/everyone else defeats the dead only to be slaughtered by Cersi and the Iron Bank?

#280 6 years ago

I think that the war in the north will be lost. Everyone will have to retreat south.
Kings landing has high walls, maybe that will keep them safe.......nope
The nights king will breach the city walls and it will be wildfire that saves the world.
Everyone will die. The heros, the villains....everyone.
Magic is gone from the land. But your left with a feeling of better times ahead.
Sam will be safe in old town. Writing the whole story....the story of ice and fire.

They gotta keep you away from the script writers.

Hey - just thought about this.

Jamie and Brienne hook up after he gets to Winterfell
Dany and Jon have allready hooked up
Tyrion and Sansa get back together (this could actually happen as she has spoken fair of him and she has nothing else going on - nor does he)
Gendry finds his way to Winterfell and meets Arya again

Who says winter has to be cold?

#282 6 years ago
Quoted from CobraClutch:

Possibly, or he is worried that John now has more influence than he does. We saw in an earlier ep that she turned the john instead of tyrion and asked what he would do.

I think this is it. He can't know about who Jon really is. But wouldn't he want this alliance as he knows Snow is an honorable man?

The more I think about the episode, the greatest part of the ep was Jamie leaving King's Landing and traveling alone to Winterfell because "he gave his word" and risked his life to do so.

He's come a long way since pushing Bran out the window.

#301 6 years ago

I finished the main books and will start to go through the dunk and egg books next.

1 year later
#338 5 years ago
Quoted from Schabs81:

She wants him to kill her brother with the same cross bow he killed their father with

I thought he said "brothers".

2 weeks later
#353 4 years ago

If you read the books, you'll know how Cersei will die and by whom.

#413 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

At least there are two more books.

Yeah....right.

I thought the best scene was when the Hound was having an anxiety attack, and tells Dongarian it's hopeless and gives up. Dongarian points to Arya, and the Hound springs into action.

That rocked.

#440 4 years ago

I think the white walkers have always been the "B" plot. Just like the title says, it's all about the game of thrones. Everything else is just distractions. But this is just the TV show.
The books are a song of fire and ice. I'm going to assume the books wont follow the same events as the show for their ending

You won't even get the books. He's back in season 5.

#467 4 years ago

There is no excuse for the "battle" at sea. That was ridiculous. Can't the dragons fly high enough to scout from above? They never saw the enemy ships from the air?

1 week later
#559 4 years ago

It's interesting to note that Jamie killed the Mad King because he was going to destroy King's Landing, and his daughter does it anyway 20+ years after. We've always known that she was on the losing side of the coin toss, and now it happened.

Only thing that bothered me was that the final prophecy didn't come true in regards to Cersei. And Euron comes crawling out of the sea ready to go mano v mano?

And where the f$%^ did all of these Dethrocki and unsullied come from? I thought they were down to a handfull after the Battle with the Dead?

#576 4 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

All I can say, is that after 8 seasons, it was obvious the show would not end in the way everyone expected. It's was never going to end where everyone was all happy and holding hands.

It's basically the Starks vs. Danaerys at this point. Ayria and the pale horse is obviously foreshadowing what to come. Jon and Tyerion will be executed, or try to be executed. If Danaery's is assassinated, what of her armies?

And she has the dragon. I would not be surprised to see it end with a mad Targaryn on the throne roasting a Lannister and two Starks in armor, just like what caused the whole thing to start 20 years earlier.

#608 4 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Huh? Varys made his choice, and he died for it. No reason? A total waste?
As made perfectly clear throughout the entire show, he always makes his choices based on what is best for The Realm. Once he learned of John's true lineage, he parted ways with his old friend Tyrion & put his support behind John Snow. He did everything in his limited power to make this happen. He tried to have Dani's food poisoned, but failed. He wrote countless scrolls of John's lineage & sent them all over the 7 kingdoms. He knew he would most likely be caught & killed for this, but he did it anyway.
You can thank Varys next week, when John returns to the North to find that the entire kingdom knows he's the rightful heir to the Iron Throne. After Dani's fall from grace, there will be no denying his destiny at this point. If not for Varys, the world wouldn't know the truth. I'd say his death was a great sacrifice, possibly the greatest sacrifice in the entire show. Definitely not a waste.

Tyerion and Varys will end up being the most moral people on the show and Varys has now proven to be correct. I wonder if we'll see this reflected by Tyerion next week. One thing for sure is that Dani has now made Cerci to not look so bad now. She never did anything that destructive.

Speaking of Tyerion, not sure what he's going to do, because he's on borrowed time. BTW Varys in the books is waaaayyyyy more manipulative and errie than in the show. Tyerion is more rough around the edges as well, as is Jamie.

#630 4 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

What was everyones favorite scenes in the last episode? !

Two stand out.

1) Jamie and Tyerion's farewell
2) Aryia and the Hound's farewell

Both done well.

#647 4 years ago
Quoted from chiefbrody:

Several - Dany blowing up the gate. Laying waste to the Iron Fleet. The distance scenes of the dragon making new roads through the old city. Tyrion and Jamie good bye, and Arya using The Hounds name -- all excellent TV.

Have to admit the Dragon attack and damage was done very well, although we got a glimpse of it last season.

#703 4 years ago

Excellent final episode. I figured Dani would go quick, and good to see Bran as the new King. I wish we had some more of the new regime in action, the council looks like it would be entertaining to watch.

Jon had to go to the North, just like the Targaryen before him (forgot his name), who also was in line to be King.

#713 4 years ago

No he didn't, the Unsullied wanted him punished, but they sailed for back east. His brother is the new king, so he could've been pardoned right after they left. Just another obvious writing flaw to go with the countless others this season. I'm glad it's over.

He can't pardoned him as he probably gave his word, and if he did, he would risk the future of Westoris if the Unsullied stayed. He couldn't risk it, plus Jon did kill the Queen.

#715 4 years ago
Quoted from taylor34:

I didn't like the way Jon did Dany. One Jon would never do it like that. He would have argued until he was blue in the face but never would have taken that step. Too many people going out of character the past few episodes.

That is why he was emotional, he knew there was no way she was going to chance and he knew what he had to do, especially with the "they don't have a choice" line.

#765 4 years ago

What happened to the Dothracki?

They should have skipped the "find a zombie to bring to Cersi" arc and used the last two seasons to tell the story of Season 8.

But then, Jamie wouldn't have come north to fight.

#845 4 years ago
Quoted from winteriscoming:

Had winter actually come? Why wasn't it way worse?
People seemed to travel to and from Winterfell pretty easily.
All the people camping out around there for the battle just seemed a little cold. We didn't see anyone perish from hyperthermia or anything like that.
If winter had come, it didn't seem to affect anyone except give them some slight shivers.

When Stanis tried to get to Winterfeld, he lost almost all of his men in the books.

1 week later
#893 4 years ago
Quoted from pauloz:

Don’t be too disappointed, Jon ended up exactly where he wanted to be.

He gets to be with his best buddy and his pet wolf. What was to be disappointed with?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider methos.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/game-of-thrones-the-show-spoilers-ahead?tu=methos and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.