D6_j37IUEAY1Pp8 (resized).jpg
got1-with-circle (resized).jpg
20190519_232926 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_2019-05-20-00-12-27~2 (resized).png
Screenshot_2019-05-20-00-09-07 (resized).png
Screenshot_2019-05-20-00-09-27 (resized).png
Screenshot_2019-05-20-00-09-39 (resized).png
got22 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jediturtle.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#547 4 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

I think you're very close except Sansa betraying Tyrion and getting executed.

Nah...they are getting remarried and will sit on the throne together...happily ever after.

#562 4 years ago

Anyone who didn't see Dany's heel turn coming obviously isn't a wrestling fan, LOL. That's been telegraphed for many seasons already, and I personally loved watching it play out. They would make us love her...then give a glimmer of madness. Then make us forget and love her again...then another glimmer. Until finally, boom. If they hadn't made us love her so much, it wouldn't have had the impact it did. This way the audience could feel the same sense of betrayal Jon, Tyrian, etc did.

I agree that I expected a more epic end for Cersei. Really wanted one of her brothers to take her out, or even one of the Stark girls. But going out with a whimper instead of a bang would be more tragic for her character, so in that way, I guess she got what she deserved. Dying among the dragon skulls was a nice touch. And who knows...maybe they/she managed to survive. We didn't actually see them dead, so horror movie rules may yet apply, LOL.

1 week later
#753 4 years ago

Overall I enjoyed it. It wasn't what I was expecting, but then again this show has always been good at not giving us what we want/expect. I loved Tyrian explaining to Jon that Dany has always been nuts...we just didn't care because before now it was pointed at people we agreed deserved it.

I'm not in love with Bran being king, but it does make some sense. My biggest complaint is that it was way more of a happily ever after ending than I was expecting...which doesn't feel very GoT-ish. It would have felt more natural for Sansa to go all red wedding and have Arya slaughter the entire council when they didn't appoint her, LOL. It just seemed like a lot of everyone riding off into the sunset and the Starks being happily in charge pretty much everywhere. Again...I do not hate it, but wasn't expecting it to end this way.

Overall, possibly the best series ever, and for me this season did not ruin that. Some questionable choices, sure...but still pretty amazing. Glad one of my favorite pins is based on one of my favorite series!

#766 4 years ago
Quoted from pinlink:

So Jon being a Targaryen didn't really matter at all in the end?

Well, it mattered from the standpoint of Drogon not turning him into BBQ. If he wasn't Targaryen, he would have been gone faster than Thanos can snap his fingers.

That stood out for me too though...he is the rightful heir to the throne, and thanks to Varys, everyone knew it. Not sure why he couldn't have "simply" made the stand that he was taking his rightful place. Dany wasn't really queen, so he didn't really kill the queen. And even if he did...he "is" king...so no harm no foul? Ehh...I don't like politics in the real world either, so I don't really know.

Also...Drogon melting the throne was f'ing awesome.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jediturtle.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/game-of-thrones-the-show-spoilers-ahead?tu=jediturtle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.