D6_j37IUEAY1Pp8 (resized).jpg
got1-with-circle (resized).jpg
20190519_232926 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_2019-05-20-00-12-27~2 (resized).png
Screenshot_2019-05-20-00-09-07 (resized).png
Screenshot_2019-05-20-00-09-27 (resized).png
Screenshot_2019-05-20-00-09-39 (resized).png
got22 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hoakypoaky.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#49 6 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

I have a feeling that Jeor Mormont will be the wight that they bring back. They set him up for death with Dany and the coin from Tyrion.

Yeah I didn't like how he turned for one final look at everyone before jumping in the boat. I thought 'Oh no, Jorah isn't coming back alive from this trip'. I could see him sacrificing himself for the greater good. Who knows? That's what makes this show so great.

But they better damn make sure The Hound comes back alive. My favorite character by far. Also looking forward to learning Beric Dondarrion's true purpose. Probably the most important minor character. Been around since season one when Ned Stark sent him off to capture The Mountain for crimes against the people of the Riverlands (different actor back then tho). Plus the best voice of any actor on the show. That's quite the crew heading north of the wall.

1 week later
#173 6 years ago
Quoted from ledge:

Tormund and the hounds convo was a classic.

That dialog was the most enjoyable exchange between to characters in the entire series! Great writing. Worth repeating...

T: You're the one they call the Dog.
H: F*ck off.
T: They told me you were mean. Were you born mean or do you just hate Wildlings?
H: I don't give two shits about the Wildlings. It's gingers I hate.
T: Gingers are beautiful! We are blessed by the fire. Just like you. (points finger at Hound's scar)
H: Don't point your f*cking finger at me! (walks away)
T: Did you trip into the fire when you were a baby?
H: I didn't trip. I was pushed.
T: And ever since you've been mean?
H: Will you f*ck off?
T: I don't think you are truly mean. You have sad eyes. (Hound stops & turns)
H: You want to suck my dick? Is that it?
T: Dick?
H: Cock!
T: Oh. Dick. I like it.
H: I bet you do. (walks away)
T: It's pussy for me. I have a real beauty waiting for me back in Winterfell, if I ever get back there. Yellow hair, blue eyes, the tallest woman you've ever seen. Almost as tall as you. (Hound stops & turns)
H: Brianne of Tarth?
T: You know her?
H: You're with Brianne of f*cking Tarth?
T: Well I'm not with her yet, but I see the way she looks at me.
H: How does she look at you? Like she wants to carve you up & eat your liver?
T: You do know her!
H: We've met (Hound walks off)
T: I want to make babies with her. Think of them! Great big monsters that will conquer the world.
H: How did the Lord of Light let you live this long?
T: I'm good at killing people.

#273 6 years ago

Has no one mentioned the fact that fan favorite Torrmund (and Berric Dondarian) were standing on top of the wall when the whole thing came crashing down, leveling Eastwatch?

That's how a great fighter like Torrmund goes out??? Berric raised from the dead six times to finally die unfulfilled under a mountain of ice??? Come on dude. But how could they have survived that?

Going to be a long wait for season 8

#284 6 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

He and Berric were on the part of the wall that did not fall down. They are alive for sure.

I'll have to watch again tonight, but I did not see any structures left standing on top of the wall. If that's the case, I hope Tormund still has his ice climbing gear handy.

1 year later
#465 4 years ago

I'll throw my two cents in here on S8E4...

So how come it will take John a fortnight (2 weeks) to reach King's Landing, when it took Dani all of 30 seconds to go from Winterfell to Dragonstone by sea. This stuff bothered me at the end of season 6, but now it's like whatever, who cares if it makes sense at all.

I think its clear these writers just want to end up with a happy ending for all the beloved characters. This will make the fans happy. But will it? I say no, this is getting dumb. So Sam, Gully, Tormund & Ghost somehow managed to overcome impossible odds against death last week, just to give them a final goodbye with John before getting written off the show? They won't be shown again, so why not give them a final character arc & a glorious death last week?

What's more impactful? John making eye contact with Sam as he's overwhelmed by the dead, making the heartbreaking decision that he just can't save him as he races to the Godswood, and Sam says it's alright before being ripped to shreds.........or a simple goodbye hug & slap on the back, saying so long old friend & keep banging that Gully & popping out babies. Fan service here, plain & simple. Or the fact that they might want to do another series 10 years from now with these same actors.

John not giving Ghost one last pet before leaving was disgraceful. I don't understand that. The Jamie/Briann love twist was completely unnecessary as well.

#484 4 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Nah, it's been setup for a long time for Jamie to reclaim his king slaying ways. Hes the back and forth bad guy that you sometimes like that is set up for his big redemption moment.

I'v been saying this for awhile now. I'm not sure how they will work it out amidst all the battle & carnage about to unfold, but Jamie will be the one to kill Cerci in some personal intimate moment. And as Cerci lays there dying, he will take off his face to reveal it's actually Arya.

Full GOT shark jump. Nailed it. Haha

#489 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I think it's another misdirection. GRRM doesn't say it's another woman that casts Cersei down, just someone younger and more beautiful. Could be a dude.

The prophecy told by the witch in Season has all come true....

1) She wed the king instead of the prince.
2) She's be queen until comes a younger more beautiful one to cast you down & take all you hold dear. This could be Margaery, but is most likely Dani since Cerci still holds the throne.
3) She will have 3 children who shrouds will be gold. All 3 of her children are dead, and this practically guarantees she will not live to have this new baby she's carrying.
4) And in the books there's a 4th part that was left out of the show. When your tears have drowned you the Valonqar will wrap his hands around your throat to choke the life from you. Valonqar means little brother. That could mean Tyrion or Jamie, as she is the oldest sibling.

Who knows. All I know is Cerci is going to die. haha

#490 4 years ago

You know what else was stupid in this last episode?

They are standing there talking upcoming strategies, and they're like.... ok you take the remaining unsullied & I'll take the remaining Dothraki blah blah blah...

Excuse me??? Didn't we just see the entire army of Dothraki riders & Unsullied get OBLIVIATED last week against the army of the dead? I'd have to rewatch to hear exactly what was said, but I believe they stated that only half of both forces were lost in battle. Seriously???

This kind of nonsense is where you completely lose your fans.

1 week later
#604 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

And Varys death? Total waste.

Quoted from Luckydogg420:

I liked that vares died for no reason

Huh? Varys made his choice, and he died for it. No reason? A total waste?

As made perfectly clear throughout the entire show, he always makes his choices based on what is best for The Realm. Once he learned of John's true lineage, he parted ways with his old friend Tyrion & put his support behind John Snow. He did everything in his limited power to make this happen. He tried to have Dani's food poisoned, but failed. He wrote countless scrolls of John's lineage & sent them all over the 7 kingdoms. He knew he would most likely be caught & killed for this, but he did it anyway.

You can thank Varys next week, when John returns to the North to find that the entire kingdom knows he's the rightful heir to the Iron Throne. After Dani's fall from grace, there will be no denying his destiny at this point. If not for Varys, the world wouldn't know the truth. I'd say his death was a great sacrifice, possibly the greatest sacrifice in the entire show. Definitely not a waste.

#614 4 years ago

Might as well make a prediction, so here's my take:

Expect the most unrealistic time crunching edits to wrap this all up, but who cares at this point....

Thanks to Varys' ravens, all of Westeros knows that John is the rightful heir to the Iron Throne. He returns to the North, where everyone demands that he make his rightful claim. The Stark sisters rub it in his face that they were right, he should have listened. The North demands war to expell Dani the Usurper. John reluctantly agrees.

Dani is past the point of redemption at this point. She's become even worse than her father the Mad King. She is consumed by the fact that everyone around her has betrayed her. John rejecting her was the last straw. All she has left is her dragon, the remaining unsullied & Grey Worm...who is just as hell bent for revenge as she is. Like Aegon the Conqueror, she has just become another Targaryen who is obsessed with the conquest of Westeros, and will do it any any cost. She wants revenge on everyone now, especially John. She'll burn down Highgarden, Dorne, the Vail & all the rest on her way to Winterfell. If she can't have Westeros, no one can.

Tyrion doesn't go back to Dani. He has nothing left now that brother, sister & Varys are dead. He'll go to Winterfell & have one last rekindled love moment with Sansa. He'll discuss war options with Sir Davos. When both armies meet outside Winterfell, he will attempt another treaty to avert war, as he has nothing to lose. He will beg her to fly back to Mereen & be happy with Daario Naharis. But Dani will refuse, roast him, starting the battle.

Not sure where it goes from here... Battle ensues. Some more fan favorites will die in battle. Podrick? Gendry? John & Dani will have a moment together during the battle. Dani is so enraged that she will try to burn John, but her dragon will refuse, since he bonded with John in Season 7 & senses John has Targaryen blood. Even her damn dragon has betrayed her! He will still lack the conviction to kill her though (like Ygryte), so she will fly off. Briann of Tarth cuts off Grey Worm's head and the Northmen kill the remaining Unsullied.

But Dani still has the dragon & can kill them all. I recall Bran saying something seasons ago that the children of the forest, the white walkers, and dragons are all connected....all bound by magic & the 3-eyed raven. When it appears Dani is about to burn them all, Bran will sacrifice himself & with magic destroyed the dragon will disintegrate & die. Dani is left all alone, broken & powerless on the battlefield. Surrounded by the Starks, Arya will say something momentous, like the North remembers, as she cuts her throat. The final war is over.

John claims the Iron Throne. The Starks rule all of Westeros. Was there ever really any doubt??? Roll credits.

Another thought I had was that John gets blasted by dragonfire, but he discovers he does not burn due to his Targaryen blood. When this happens his sword Longclaw ignites in flame (aka Lightbringer from the Azor Ahai prince-that-was-promised prophecy). We are shocked to realize that it turns out John is the light & Dani is the darkness. He then kills Dani & vanquishes "the darkness" from Westeros forever. That would be bad-ass too.

#683 4 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

I thought a few of the characters were out of.. well character. Your going to tell me Arya is going to back up now when she is on the cusp of killing the queen? A motivation she has had for years?

Yes. In that moment, with the castle crumbling all around her, the reality of what she's about to do had set in. The Hound hammered the point home that if she continues up those stairs, she is going to die. I think with her skills & all she's been though (all the times she's been able to cheat death before), she reached the point where she felt invincible. She may be all about killing her enemies, but was she willing to die to achieve that ultimate goal? Doesn't she have something to live for, like her family, unlike The Hound?

The answer is obviously yes. And in that moment, she came to realize it & reality set in. She didn't want to die. She recognized that Clegane was truly her friend after all. She called him by his real name & thanked him. It was a great moment of the show IMO.

#684 4 years ago

All the moaning I keep seeing about the show reminds me of the ending of the Sopranos.

Same situation. A massively popular show with a huge following of fans who had invested years of their life into the show & the characters. Everyone had an opinion or theory on how the show would end. Fans felt like they knew these characters personally. Impossible to make everyone happy. So what did David Chase do? Gave us one of the most brilliant endings in television history. Cut to black & let the viewer make up his own mind. At the time I was so upset, I thought it was terrible, as did the majority of fans. Now I think it was brilliant. They teach classes on it in film school.

No matter how GOT ends on Sunday, you can guarantee that a large portions of the fans won't be happy. Personally I'm rooting for Dani's death. But as time passes and fondness for the show grows, most of the gripes will be forgotten.

#690 4 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Moby Dick.
Her whole path and arc has been nothing but vengeance since Ned Stark's head was removed, sad it was not followed through.

The Hound was on her kill list the entire show and...GASP....she never killed him.

Is this horrible writing & complete disrespect to her character & motivations?

Or perhaps she had a change of heart that developed in her character arc, and in the end, she decided that vengeance wasn't more important than living after all.

This is exactly what I love about this show. Good guys go bad, bad guys go good, characters change/die & everything is a grey area. You literally have no idea what's going to happen, which makes all of these fan complaints all the more ironic.

#788 4 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

The unsullied (and dothraki?) took issue with the murder of Dani. They were a rather large force, and everybody else didn't want to engage in another war over the matter.

But were they a large force? How is that even believable at this point? This is where writing flaws & rushed production is clearly evident.

The Unsullied started out at around 8,000 troops when Dani got them, and the boys in training (which are never shown at any point). Let's be generous & say 12,000 total? They fight many battles, taking casualties along the way. They don't have cocks, they don't reproduce, they are a limited asset.

They take Mereen, they fight off the Sons of the Harpy ambushes & in the fighting pits, survive the Slaver's naval bombardment of Mereen, cross the sea, take Casterly Rock, their fleet gets destroyed by Euron Greyjoy outside the rock. Countless casualties along the way. And most importantly....bear the brunt of the White Walker's attack at Winterfell (outside the city gates) where their army is completely overrun & killed.

Or I guess not apparently. Turns out only "half" remain after the battle of Winterfell. What ever that means. Judging from what most of us saw, this is just laughable.

They later siege King's Landing, kill the Lannister Army & slaughter the innocents, racking up more casualties. After the battle, thousands of them are standing there cheering Dani's great victory. Don't even get me started on all the Dothraki what somehow survived all this too.

It's just lazy writing that observant fans recognize, but are forced to accept, for narrative purposes. They weren't a large force after the last battle. The Northern Army outside the smoldering city gates could have crushed them after Dani was murdered. Instead to avert war, John was sent to the Wall because Grey Worm demanded "justice", then Grey Worm & the Unsullied skip town to Narth! So why go though with John's banishment??? When he did what everyone else who remains in the kingdom wanted?

Dumb Dumb Dumb. Great show. One of the best ever made. Just made poor choices when it mattered most.

#790 4 years ago

I think the HBO executives are to blame here. They didn't want to completely kill off their most profitable & popular show ever. So they went to the producers/writers and said please don't kill the golden goose. We want spin-offs. End the show accordingly. This was probably discussed as soon as the books ran out.

So we didn't get a realistic ending where built-up story lines reached a conclusion. We didn't get the fall of Winterfell & the final series-ending epic battle between life & death at King's Landing. The surviving heroes/houses vs the Knight King's undead army. All the stakes tied together, the fate of the entire world in the balance. 95% of characters dying with these epic stakes of life & death. The main Prince Who Was Promised Prophecy resolved. Go out with a mind blowing bang.

Instead we got a shortened rushed season with two flawed battles, questionable character choices, and a rather optimistic ending that fell completely flat, where all your favorite main characters survived & now can possibly return someday so that HBO can make more money. They can do an Age of Valeria prequel, an Arya the Adventurer: West of Westeros series, and most importantly, another series with all your favorite characters about 10 years from now to catch up with them after they have aged a bit. Tyrion practically guaranteed this when John asked him "Did we do the right thing" and he said "Ask me in 10 years". Oh no, The Walkers are back! Our government has failed. Or whatever.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hoakypoaky.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/game-of-thrones-the-show-spoilers-ahead?tu=hoakypoaky and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.