D6_j37IUEAY1Pp8 (resized).jpg
got1-with-circle (resized).jpg
20190519_232926 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_2019-05-20-00-12-27~2 (resized).png
Screenshot_2019-05-20-00-09-07 (resized).png
Screenshot_2019-05-20-00-09-27 (resized).png
Screenshot_2019-05-20-00-09-39 (resized).png
got22 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cobraclutch.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#103 6 years ago

I am still not sure how I feel about the turn the show has taken this season. Since going "off-book" the pacing has gone completely off the rails. Part of me likes that things are coming to a head, but at the same time it's all too fast.

Also, the saving of Jamie, the dropoff in the lake, and the return in the next episode where they held their breath long enough for the battle to die down and Dany to leave without trying to finish Jamie off just seemed ridiculous.

Love the show, but hope things tighten up a little bit to finish things off.

#113 6 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

It REALLY makes you wonder why they needed to shorten the last two seasons. There's clearly enough material for them to have filled out two full seasons. They're rushing through so much stuff it's crazy. Like you, I like that things are finally starting to happen, but it feels like they just got cancelled and have to fit everything in, rather than HBO begging them to extend it for more seasons.

Totally agree. Did HBO give them a deadline? I don't understand the logic behind forcing a finish line to a show with this kind of popularity and a following that is very willing to tolerate a wide array of characters and a slow burn on story.

Granted, the last season will have nigh 90 min episodes, but why change the pace so much? I feel like the last episode would have been spread out over 3 if it were in the early seasons.

#179 6 years ago

I am hoping (REALLY HOPING) the Arya/Sansa feud is a red herring and Arya is really playing Littlefinger. Their squabbling has been disliked by almost all fans that I have talked to and if they switch it up and Arya comes out on top it could be some redemption for the writers. Especially with the new "pace" of the show being a point of contention lately, this switcharoo could earn them some points back. Most of Arya's killing, or the plotting leading up to them has been off camera. The scene of her picking the lock felt out of place to me and I could see her being crafty enough to do it purposely out in the open to let Littlefinger think he is in control. I'd like to think Arya went through hell and back to be a little smarter than creepy littlefinger.

#192 6 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Incest is not best.

This makes me think you don't even watch the show.

#210 6 years ago
Quoted from Mfsrc791:

Anyone have any prediction on what will happen next?

As much as I want to see Arya wreck Littlefinger, I took her handing Sansa the blade as a sign she will do it. Also her speech about acting out of anger rather than fear seems like establishing Sansa getting angry and attacking him rather than being scared and letting him lead her around.

Don't think Cersi is pregnant. I do know she is insane. After seeing the Night King kill a dragon a coworker and I have been throwing around the idea of Cersi joining his team (Night Queen?) since the lannisters are weakening and her giant crossbow couldnt finish the job.

Really interested in seeing where sam is going, and more importantly how he is going to react to his old pal John's new girlfriend/sister/cousin/whatever being the one that killed his dad and brother.

#220 6 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

We know Cercsi will die by Jamie's hand and that she will only have three children.

If I were a betting man I'd say Jamie dies before Cersei. Although, now that Martin isn't in total control the hbo writers probably won't kill him off.

#265 6 years ago
Quoted from nman:

I think he's probably just worried that Jon's astounding talent at making poor decisions is going to rub off on Dany (no ulterior meaning intended), ruining things for them all.

Possibly, or he is worried that John now has more influence than he does. We saw in an earlier ep that she turned the john instead of tyrion and asked what he would do.

#266 6 years ago

I guess that's kinda the same thing.

#332 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Now that would be an incredible twist. How would she make the deal with him though?

Yeah, we haven't figure that out yet lol. Evil recognize evil? I have been wondering if we will ever hear any voice from the Night King before the show's end.

With her commitment to watching the world burn I could see her making her way north, slowly approaching the Night King, seducing him, trying to stab him in the back and getting put back in check by his silent mind control and killed by him. I dunno, just spitballing here.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cobraclutch.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/game-of-thrones-the-show-spoilers-ahead?tu=cobraclutch and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.