D6_j37IUEAY1Pp8 (resized).jpg
got1-with-circle (resized).jpg
20190519_232926 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_2019-05-20-00-12-27~2 (resized).png
Screenshot_2019-05-20-00-09-07 (resized).png
Screenshot_2019-05-20-00-09-27 (resized).png
Screenshot_2019-05-20-00-09-39 (resized).png
got22 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider canea.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#403 4 years ago

Man, you guys are hard to please. I thought it was a great episode. It didn't have the visceral feeling of the Battle of the Bastards, but it really felt like it was for all the marbles - very epic. It was dark, but not that dark - it was at night in a blizzard, so seemed like the decisions made sense. I've got a pretty standard Samsung and thought it looked fine even with some compression issues, and I'm on an absolute shit internet connection.

#411 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

It seemed "that dark" to me.

You're not the only one. Maybe they'll release a not-dark version someday - which would pretty much be admitting they f-ed it up.

Not going to lie, when the show was over I wasn't sure if Jon's dragon had lived or died until I saw the promo for the next show. Maybe that was just bad editing, but dunno.

#453 4 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

I was yelling, flank them, burn them fuckers to the water from behind

Right? Just fly around that shit. Good lord.

#468 4 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

John not giving Ghost one last pet before leaving was disgraceful.

The fact that the internet is more worked up over the wolf not getting a goodbye than the surprise death of another dragon sorta shows how "off" this episode was...

#482 4 years ago

Also enjoy seeing this come to an end (don't like prequels or sequels and don't have the patience for the books). I'd be OK with a happy ending kind of ending - which would be so weird in a show that has excelled at (almost) never giving you what you want - but doubt we'll get there completely. I think the show just ran out of steam on the villain side of things. Euron is like a scooby doo character, Cersei's conniving also seems cartoonish now, and the Night King was a straight up cartoon from the beginning. Maybe that's just me though.

Even if we're willing to say the ending has a predictable tone to it at this point, it still could go a handful of different ways, so we'll see. We need a bettin' pool.

#554 4 years ago

I dunno, I think this episode played out really well and got rid of some of the bad taste from last episode. The show has been telegraphing Dany doing something like this since the beginning - I think we were always meant to feel a little queasy rooting for her. Kinda feel like we're checking off boxes for other characters' fates and that this could have been stretched out (half expect major characters to spend hours dying, I guess), but whatev, enjoyed the action and the turns for Ayra, among others.

#639 4 years ago

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that my favorite was the Euron vs. Jamie fight. I know it was implausible, but that also made it such a great surprise. Cersei's two lovers in a knife fight to the death on a beach? Who could have seen that coming?

Agree that the amazing visuals are being overlooked by arguments over the tepid writing. What other TV show looks better than most movies again and again?We're getting pretty immune to spectacular imagery but the Clegane Bowl fight as the castle collapsed was really A+ in that department.

#642 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Was Euron a lover ?

They had sex, right? Seems like that qualifies regardless of intent.

#675 4 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

This was a hard one for me- The dragon and Dani were literally in her sights.. and she does nothing? War would have been over on the spot. The crossbows were in easy range compared to the shots from the ship that killed the other. They could have killed the dragon and rained death down on Dani and crew with ease.

This one has been a real sticking point. lol. They could have had Cersei at least TRY to take them out and the story wouldn't have had to change much - she could have even paused dramatically and returned to the wall with (another) evil grin as though realizing she's missing the opportunity. That little band of Unsullied could have easily sacrificed themselves to cover the retreat, and the major characters could have barely escaped. Dragon could have gotten another hole in its wing from a near-miss or whatever. Ah well.

#727 4 years ago

All things considered, it ended as close to a happy ending as we were likely to get, and I think it was fine. Bronn got Highgarden AND is in charge of funding brothels, guys, cmon!!!! And the wolf got petted!!! But seriously, Bran as king is kind of weird, but makes sense in that he's selfless (to a comical degree) and neutral - or he's some sort of all-seeing monster that manipulated everything, which makes it even better imo. Viewing season 8 as building to a single point - Jon killing Dany - made the (quicker) pacing a little better for me. It wasn't complex, just that one moment, so I thought it worked. And boy did they set up the sequels...

#760 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

That's what I think should have happened. Dragon fire blasts Jon and Jon is left standing as he's a true Targaryen. Dragon would then see this and stand by his side against the Unsullied. Jon then takes the throne. I think that would have been a better ending but that's just me.

But isn't this just another "happy" ending? Everyone already seems upset that most of the characters rode off into the sunset, and curtains.

Was there really a way to end this gracefully? Seems to me it's a case of Martin coming up with a bunch of cool plots and characters, but the story isn't finished and may never be finished. With the finite lifespan of a TV show, D and D did at least a passable job of tying it all together. Was it inspired? No, but it was definitely decent, with a lot of nice touches, and open-ended enough to churn out more when HBO wants, which is the bottom line. At some point in there it became a product instead of art. Re: Stern GOT.

#778 4 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

New writers....

... or you could blame the old writer. Who set all this in motion, but never had an end in mind..

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider canea.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/game-of-thrones-the-show-spoilers-ahead?tu=canea and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.