D6_j37IUEAY1Pp8 (resized).jpg
got1-with-circle (resized).jpg
20190519_232926 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_2019-05-20-00-12-27~2 (resized).png
Screenshot_2019-05-20-00-09-07 (resized).png
Screenshot_2019-05-20-00-09-27 (resized).png
Screenshot_2019-05-20-00-09-39 (resized).png
got22 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider aobrien5.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#57 6 years ago
Quoted from Kkuoppamaki:

Btw, what did the note that Arya found in little fingers room say?

It was the note that Cersei forced Sansa to write calling Ned a traitor. I assume, NOT the note that the Maester had just brought Little Finger, but one he planted for Arya to find.

About the wall - There's a lot of misinformation about the wall (like Brandon the Builder, etc). This YouTube channel has a bunch of really great videos about all kinds of theories and backstories, including about the building of the wall: https://www.youtube.com/altshiftx

#60 6 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

No way Jon Snow is Targarian. Do you see any blond or white skin?He is the son of Robert Baratheon and Ned's sister, whatever her name was, and the true heir of Westeros. We'll see....

He's absolutely Targaryen and it was just confirmed in the last episode that he's not a bastard. So he's the True heir of Westeros in that manner.

https://cdn0.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/dUTxGijjCUzm9ynRTltOIrSGL5o=/800x0/filters:no_upscale()/cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/6724595/download.0.png

#84 6 years ago
Quoted from Procrastinator:

Robert was married to Ned's sister, Leanna (sp?). Leanna ran off with the targaryen (some said kidnapped), which started Roberts war (forget the actual Wars name).

Lyanna was promised to Robert, they were not married. Them running off together started Roberts Rebellion.

#108 6 years ago
Quoted from Meph:

n the show we see her dying in a bed covered in blood, in the books we learn that she is dying in a "bed of blood". In book 1 Mirra Max Duur (red lady that tries to save Khal Drogo) tells Dany that she knows all the secrets of the "Bloody bed" and has never lost a child herself.

Mirri Maz Duur. Geez haven't you read the books?

Just kidding, great recap!

Quoted from Azmodeus:

You really should consider Patrick rothfuss and his kingslayer chronicles.

I wholeheartedly support this recommendation (it's Kingkiller Chronicles, though).

I swear I'm not trying to be a nitpicker!!

#109 6 years ago
Quoted from CobraClutch:

I am still not sure how I feel about the turn the show has taken this season. Since going "off-book" the pacing has gone completely off the rails. Part of me likes that things are coming to a head, but at the same time it's all too fast.
Also, the saving of Jamie, the dropoff in the lake, and the return in the next episode where they held their breath long enough for the battle to die down and Dany to leave without trying to finish Jamie off just seemed ridiculous.
Love the show, but hope things tighten up a little bit to finish things off.

It REALLY makes you wonder why they needed to shorten the last two seasons. There's clearly enough material for them to have filled out two full seasons. They're rushing through so much stuff it's crazy. Like you, I like that things are finally starting to happen, but it feels like they just got cancelled and have to fit everything in, rather than HBO begging them to extend it for more seasons.

#111 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

2019...my goodness...he makes Douglas Adams look like the Flash... I really hope that is not right.

He did say late 2018 or 2019. Rothfuss is taking after him, too.

#116 6 years ago
Quoted from Azmodeus:

i also wanted to mention that if you have never read sandkings by Martin. seriously consider it.
I would like to speculate on rothfuss, I'll make another thread for that later. I may need to reread both books. And that short book.

Sandkings was really good. I forgot that was GRRM!

I could go all day on KKC theories too!

#122 6 years ago

Ohhhh Shiiiiiiiiiit!!!!!!

#137 6 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

Don't get me wrong, I'm still enjoying this season. I'm just not a fan of the "deus ex machina" that the new writers have injected in the plot. Did anyone really think that Tormund or Jon were going to die? That's the cool thing about Martin's writing, no one was safe.

I really did think Tormund was a goner. Would've been much more true to the original writing. Who all died during that raid? Thoros and all the unnamed wildlings. Shocker.

#151 6 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

I'm frustrated that Martin got so far behind on his writing that we're left with other writers writing his story. To me, the current GOT is still great, but not nearly as good as it could be if Martin had finished the series. Also, where the hell is Ghost?

yup, yup and yup.

I think Clegane-bowl will be held off til next season, though.

#180 6 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

I'm tellin ya, Jon Snow is not Targarian. IF he is the son of the mad King and Ned's sister, that would make him and Dany half brother/sister right? Incest is not best.

Are you just trolling now or what?

He's the son of the Mad Kings SON and Ned's sister. That makes Dany his Aunt.

According to Targaryen's incest IS best.

#187 6 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

This was seen in the scene with ned killing the hand of the king (in brans vision), who was protecting his sister (which thought was being held captive).

Lord Commander of the King's Guard - Ser Arthur Dayne "The Morning Star"

Not the Hand of the King.

Pretty sure that's all right.

#189 6 years ago

It occurred to me the other day that they may be shortening these seasons due to cost, not content. They were talking about the polar bear scene being too expensive to do previously. I bet they're pouring more money into each episode and don't have enough for 10, which means next season will be even crazier.

#205 6 years ago
Quoted from PinSinner:

I think Arya will kill little finger. When Arya confronted Sansa in her chambers, Arya said something about just needing Sansa's face. I think that was foreshadowing. Arya will kill Little Finger as Sansa. Although, I'm not sure if Sansa needs to be dead for her to use her face?

That's one of those things that's still a mystery, I think. Jaqen was able to wear the faces of people who were still alive, but is that just because he's more powerful/trained than Arya?

I guess we'll find out.

#214 6 years ago
Quoted from CobraClutch:

Don't think Cersi is pregnant. I do know she is insane. After seeing the Night King kill a dragon a coworker and I have been throwing around the idea of Cersi joining his team (Night Queen?) since the lannisters are weakening and her giant crossbow couldnt finish the job.

There is precedent for that.... she would be the Night's Queen...

#227 6 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

I'm tellin ya, Jon Snow is not Targarian. IF he is the son of the mad King and Ned's sister, that would make him and Dany half brother/sister right? Incest is not best.

How about now?

#228 6 years ago

Also, that episode was fucking awesome.

#239 6 years ago

The whole ice dragon explains a lot, especially if the Night King is some kind of greenseer, as has been theorized.

It explains why they haven't attacked in a long time and it explains why they didn't attack Jon at the lake. They knew Dany would come and they were waiting for her.

#270 6 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

Throat was slashed then he collapsed and bled out... seems pretty dead. Say it wasn't him but rather a faceless man... then he would still be dead since the faceless man would of had to have killed him earlier.
The only way he's not dead is if he gets risen as one of the night kings zombies now that he has breached the wall. I don't think the red woman / fire god is going to help him out and I imagine the Starks are simply going to burn his body to prevent any raising by either side.

That was a parody post. I rather enjoyed it.

#292 6 years ago
Quoted from Nelly:

Anyone else think the entire breach of the wall was just Bran's vision of the future and that it hasn't actually happened yet? Any chance this knowledge could be used to change the outcome?

He usually appears in those scenes as a bystander. I think it was real.

Quoted from pin2d:

What a season! Was I the only one that thought that Cersei DID give the Mountain the order to kill Jaime? She seemed to nod at him and it sounded like he (the mountain) pulled his sword out.

You werent the only one.

#295 6 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

He has never had a facial expression that I can remember.

Well, if you're going to say 12k years, then his win percentage has to be less than 100%. 8k years ago, he was driven back to the lands of always winter and the wall was put up to keep him out.

1 year later
#344 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Here we go. So we can leave the poor GOT ‘pinball’ owners at peace
A few take aways from last night:
+ The dragon battles were cool; I was really hoping Jon would have taken on that undead dragon 1v1 a little more and even slay it.
+ Arya delivering the death blow to the knight king, hell yea! Love her. She’s killed the Knight King, Littlefinger (w/Sansa), and lord Frey. Is Cersi next?
+ did the dragon Jon was riding die?

Rhaegal is still alive, as is Ghost. Both appeared in the preview for next episode.

I really wish they weren't rushing so quickly to the finish. There's been plenty of material to make 2 full seasons out of.

#346 4 years ago

Cersei kills Jon and Dany. Arya kills Cersei so Tyrion can take the throne... and remarry Sansa...

#406 4 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Song of Fire and Ice, right in the title.
Will be the dragon queen or John Snow on the throne.
Of course at this point the show is following its own course so the novels might not apply.

The story is about more than just Jon and Dany in terms of ice and fire. Itd be a bit too on the nose for them to end up on the throne, and that's the one thing this show/books doesn't do. The story can still be about them if they don't win.

Quoted from Agent_Hero:

I think Arya killing the Night King would've been done better if she had somehow taken the appearance of one of his higher ranking officers or something like that since such a move was her trademark in earlier seasons. The way it was done was straight out of a Jet Li movie.

Gotta have a dead body to take the face to be able to wear the face. This is going to be the trick she uses to kill Cersei.

#420 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

I was reading the Star Wars Last Jedi thread and I sorta noticed some similarities. Like things not getting explained because hey, they're dead now so who cares. Will we ever get the backstory of the white walkers in any detail? Who raises Craster's baby white walkers? Or do they instantly become old bearded dudes? Is there no motivation other than to wipe out the living? Then what? There is still a whole lot to explain and very little time to do it.

The funny part of this is the whole "Who raises babe white walkers" is the kind of mundane shit Martin usually gets into. He's known for his overly descriptive feasts and everything being served at them.

As for motivation, they kind of glossed over it in the show, but the Children of the Forest created them to kill all the First Men who were invading Westeros and killing the Children/trees. It backfired.

#425 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

I rewatched it again. What killed the red witch? She just sort of Luke Skywalkered herself.
I came up with way more criticisms after the second viewing. What a mess.

She was like 900 years old. Her necklace was what was keeping her alive and maintaining the glamour about her to make her look young. She took it off once earlier in the series a few seasons ago, and we saw what she really looked like. She just died of being old after taking the necklace off.

#427 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

I remember all that. But she didn't die last time when she took it off. And for that matter, why did she take it off? Its like Luke and taking off his robe. Her story arc was over so she just lost the will to live? Oh well. I guess I'm extra critical because I really liked this series a lot.

Yeah, plot hole? I don't know. Her life was dedicated to finding Azor Ahai and stopping the Long Night. With that mission accomplished (after several major screwups), she was done. It seemed like the Lord of Light was reluctant to give her any power to light the trenches, and so when it was done, perhaps he also saw her job was done, and his power left her to die.

#520 4 years ago

I still love the show, but the books are going to be so much better. (Please dont die, GRRM.)

1 week later
#697 4 years ago
Quoted from girloveswaffles:

If you didn't see last weeks episode ...
Tough! [quoted image]

There should be pieces of minifigs all throughout the piles.

#705 4 years ago

So is that a believable story arc for Bran?

I'm not shocked, but o ly because I've come to expect the unexpected. The fact it was so unexpected just means the story wasnt told well enough.

#714 4 years ago
Quoted from Asael:

Perfect ending! it was even better than I thought it would be. I think when more people will think about everything and watch it again and when more people will start to understand what happened they will start to appreciate it. Bad writing???? It's a masterpiece!!!

I think it was missing any bit of foreshadowing that just caused it to make less sense. Because we're super-fans, we can see some potential connections. I get they wouldn't want to give it away, but in their effort to do so, they made Bran a complete non-character, and their ending loses its impact and feels out of the blue because of it.

#762 4 years ago

Asael I don't disagree with anything you're saying, but if you have to constantly go back to the books to understand what happened and why, then the show was poorly written.

This show did need 2-3 more seasons to play all of this out properly. Why do you think the books aren't done yet? GRRM can't figure out how to get everyone to this point succinctly either. He's trying to finish his master work properly, but just like how book 4 had to be split into 2 books, one of these last 2 will probably have to be as well.

#770 4 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

It caused some problems between/for Varys and Tyrion, and ultimately Varys' death. It also contributed to the rift between Jon and Dani. It also put forth the idea that there could be an alternative to Dani as ruler.
I suppose you could say it didn't help Jon in the end since he didn't become King, but it did play a part in helping to bringing an end to Dani.

Right, the sad thing is that fans were so excited about this theory, but it turned out to be a very bad thing. How would this have gone if R+L<>J? Jon wouldn't have turned away from Dany, and she would have been able to try to rule through Love, and not just Fear.

#782 4 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

She was cruel and a bit unhinged throughout her whole campaign towards anyone she saw as evil, an enemy, or anyone who was just simply in her way. Her way or the highway, basically. But as Tyrion said, that was ok because those were mostly "evil men".
So no, I don't think it was possible she could rule by anything other than fear.
A dragon the size of a large building is kind of a big stick and was the main source of her power. Not exactly a cuddly teddy bear.
Essentially it came down to something like: Do what I say or my dragon will roast you.
Which, of course, happened on more than one occasion.

Yes, I agree, but she would not necessarily have been so incensed as to burn Kings Landing after they surrendered. That act alone changed everything.

#784 4 years ago
Quoted from creepykenny:

slow, boring, with an improbable very happy ending, only thing thats worse than the munsters code
its like the directors wrote the script after repeatedly watching return of the king

I would not call this a "very happy ending" at all. This would have been the "very happy ending."

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#876 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

No. Way. Unless he really did finish both books like that rumor he denied. He's definitely done with the next one because his schedule magically cleared up for appearances and other stuff after being on lockdown. Probably just waiting for publisher timing on the release.

Book done vs released are two different things. We can hope it's done, at least that means it'll be released eventually.

#878 4 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Sucks at his advanced age there's a whole other book he still has to write even after the next one that has taken forever.

I think like Rothfuss, it's mostly written, just needs to be edited and stitched together. Chapters rewritten, moved around, added, etc. Hopefully that means someone else could step in and finish it like Sanderson/Wheel of Time.

2 weeks later
#924 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

THEY CHOSE TO RUSH IT. HBO would have been fine giving them another 2-3 seasons to properly develop the show in the usual way. It was a self-inflicted wound. The rush was the core problem. It ruined the finish of the show because so much didn't make sense or lacked apparent motivation due to poor or non-existent character development in the last couple seasons.

This, entirely.

The work that went into this season was absolutely astounding, and the result was beautiful, but it simply wasn't good storytelling.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider aobrien5.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/game-of-thrones-the-show-spoilers-ahead?tu=aobrien5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.