D6_j37IUEAY1Pp8 (resized).jpg
got1-with-circle (resized).jpg
20190519_232926 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_2019-05-20-00-12-27~2 (resized).png
Screenshot_2019-05-20-00-09-07 (resized).png
Screenshot_2019-05-20-00-09-27 (resized).png
Screenshot_2019-05-20-00-09-39 (resized).png
got22 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Luckydogg420.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#24 6 years ago

Jamie and Bronn will both be captured.

Drogon will die (poisoned bolt to the shoulder) just like Khal Drogo did, with a shoulder infection.

Arya will kill peter Baylish with the catspaw dagger.

Vayres won't be around for long, unless he has one more trick up his sleve. His story arc is done.

Greyworm won't make it back to Mesandi, their sex scene sealed his fate. G.R.R.M builds these attachments then tears them apart. (Dead by the end of the season)

Tormund will die at eastwatch by the sea. There will be a big battle. I don't expect him to live.

Everyone with a valyrian sword will live till the final battle. Jon, arya, brianne, Jamie, and Sam.

....that is all for now. I've got a prediction for how it will all end, but I think I'm right and don't want to spoil it completely.

#31 6 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

Cercsi will die by Jamie, it was part of the prohecy.

This is not entirely true.

The prophecy in the show stops short of explaining crecsi's death. It just says that her kids will die before her.

In the books it says that she will die from the younger sibling. She always thought it was going to be Tyrian, but it could be Jamie because he's younger by a couple minutes.....

Although the prophecy was in old Valyrian, which is gender neutral and is not necessarily her younger sibling. So it could be any younger sibling, maybe Arya.

#65 6 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Just because the "mad King" raped her doesn't mean Jon is there child. It is possible that Jon is Robert's true son and was hid for the same reasons, actually more from Cercei. There is no concrete evidence yet so don't be so certain. Robert told Ned multiple times that he loved his sister. Just sayin...Jon has darker skin and black hair like the Baratheons and Starks. Like I said, we'll see. Jon and Dany are hookin up and then that would be incest according to you guys.

Have you seen the show? I get that Jon being Roberts true son could be possible in the books; the foreshadowing all over the place and could support that theory. But the show has just basically confirmed it. They didn't spoon feed it to the audience but all the clues are there. And incest is common among Targaryen.

1 week later
#170 6 years ago

I have no doubt that G.R.R.M is a much better writer then dan and dave and that the books ending will not leave as many holes/questions. Possibly G.R.R.M is purposely waiting for the show to finish. so that his true story will differ enough from the show that it will leave room for the license to be remade in 20 years, just like the rest of Hollywoods assets.

Think LOTR; that was attempted before with the cartoon from the 70's and might someday be remade again, considering how popular they were

#196 6 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

It occurred to me the other day that they may be shortening these seasons due to cost, not content. They were talking about the polar bear scene being too expensive to do previously. I bet they're pouring more money into each episode and don't have enough for 10, which means next season will be even crazier.

I don't think cost is a major issue, it's a very popular show. I heard last week that all of the remaining episodes will be longer than normal. Last sunday was about 1h15m and I heard next season some episodes will be 1h30m. That's almost like a movie for each episode; even if it's only 6 episodes.

Quoted from gweempose:

I think the overall pacing has suffered because of the truncated season. This is especially apparent with certain plot lines such as the fighting between between Arya and Sansa. Instead of letting it happen organically, the whole thing feels so forced and awkward.

The pacing has suffered because G.R.R.M only provided the show writers with bullet points on how things will unfold, it's been left up to them to connect the bullet points into the ending of the story. (I'm sure the books will be better) because of this slimmed down plot leading up to the final battle the show writers had to create drama artificially, like the Arya and Sansa BS. We all know that the characters are smarter then what's been shown to us in this episode.

As soon as we passed book content the shows quality has declined. During the early seasons there were direct quotes from the books that they could use for dialogue, but now Some of the things they have people say and do is not on par with the earlier seasons. I love the show but I'm at the point now where I just have to sit back and enjoy where the ride takes us. Dan and dave have done a great job with the show, but I think that G.R.R.M will do the ending better then anything they dream up.

#247 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Cercsi's big Lurch dude, with the Freddy Face....I forgot who he was and how he got that way.....

That's the mountain, he's the hounds brother; he's the one that gave him the burnt scar on his face. The mountain died during trial by combat to save Tyrian (the imp). He was killed by a poisonous spear tip stab right before he crushed in the skull of Tyrians hero.

He was resurrected by Qiburn, the man that is now Cersie's "Hand of the King". He was a maester that was kicked out of the order for doing crazy experiments with the dead/living. It was interesting how he dealt with the undead soldier at the meeting. He didn't seem scared as much as fascinated by it. Maybe he will play a role in season 8 when the dead are knocking on the door of kings landing.

#257 6 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

All in all, it will be interesting to see what happens a year from now.

The best part is that talking about everything is on the table, no fear of spoilers, everything is just a theory. Anyone that has said they saw a leaked season 8 script is complete bs.

I wonder, if Cresi hires the Golden Company to aid her what will happen.....could the golden co. be led by Dario Naharis (Danny's ex boyfriend). He was a hired mercenary before they met. Would he double cross Cersi and joint the fight in the north? Would he be pissed that Danny has a new man? At any rate they mentioned the golden company is 20 000 men; would that be enough to stop the undead or dothraki?

#258 6 years ago

I think that the war in the north will be lost. Everyone will have to retreat south.

Kings landing has high walls, maybe that will keep them safe.......nope

The nights king will breach the city walls and it will be wildfire that saves the world.

Everyone will die. The heros, the villains....everyone.

Magic is gone from the land. But your left with a feeling of better times ahead.

Sam will be safe in old town. Writing the whole story....the story of ice and fire.

#286 6 years ago
Quoted from Beatnik-Filmstar:

I'm tellin ya, Littlefinger is not dead. IF he's dead and the son of the Rhaegar and Buttercup, that would make him and only mostly dead? Miracle Max is not best.

Hahaha.

#314 6 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Latest Vegas odds... I'm taking the Night King at 50-1
Jon Snow/Aegon Targaryen 2/3
Daenerys Targaryen 2/1
Jaime Lannister 10/1
Tyrion Lannister 20/1
Cersei Lannister 25/1
Sansa Stark 25/1
Arya Stark 50/1
Bran Stark 50/1
Night King 50/1
Varys 50/1
Euron Greyjoy 100/1

I don't get this. I don't think anyone is going to "win" the game of thrones. This is not a comedy. It will not end with a happy ending. I think everyone on that list will die. If anyone is going to live from the main characters it will be Sam, I believe that in the end he will be shown as the author of the story.

#320 6 years ago
Quoted from Mfsrc791:

I am really coming around to the fact that everyone dies and this is just a book written by someone else (possibly Sam).

This was foreshadowed when the maester was telling Sam about the name of the book that he was writing. Sam commented that the name could be something more poetic. I think sams book will be called the story of ice and fire.

1 year later
#339 5 years ago

I though it was a great episode. Hit all the right bases to move the season along.

2 weeks later
#361 4 years ago

I throughly enjoyed the episode. Didn’t get the whole battle, but I guess if you dont think to hard it works out. Or maybe I’m missing something.

I thought that if you killed an undead with dragon glass that that turned to dust, also I thought a Valyrian sword turned the undead to dust, but that must just be the white walkers.

Everyone living (other then the Dothraki) had a weapon of either dragon glass or Valyrian steel, so all of the undead should have turned to dust as the battle went on.

So, when the Night King raises the dead half way through the battle, is he only raising the newly killed winterfell soldiers? Because I thought it looked like all of the “undead” were being reanimated. Did Jon and team first kill all of the undead, then have to kill all of their fallen friends?

What about when they kill the Night King, the bad guys (undead) all start turning to dust, yet there’s lots of bodies to clean up after the fight, wouldn’t those bodies have been reanimated by the Night King and dusted when he died?

I’m sure there’s a logical progression of events that I’m missing, I’ll have to watch it again.

#417 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Have not followed any of this. Hopefully they consult with George RR Martin. Because they really suck without his direction.

I don’t think that Dan and Dave will have anything to do with the prequel series. HBO and George are bringing this into fruition, and George has written a couple extra books in the last couple years detailing the history of the Targaryens and first men.

#434 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

They could easily put more intrigue into it and do 2 more seasons. Problem is, they don't have the writing chops to do it well, so they're trying to get it over with.

After season 5 or 6 I watched an interview with the show creators, Dan and dave. At that time they commented how HBO wanted LOTS MORE Game of Thrones, but they were running out of steam on the project ant wanted to see the ending in 8 seasons. Not long after that we started to hear mention of “spinoffs”. Turns out that the spinoffs were in fact going into pilot production and are prequels to the story.

Quoted from bladerunner:

They DO NOT WANT TO write an end. Many prequels to come! You don't kill the goose laying gold eggs do you?
I want more!

You do understand that a prequel is BEFORE our current story, none of the same characters involved. The end has been written, but what about the beginning? The 1st prequel is going to be called The Long Night (same as the title of the last episode; #3). This could show us the fight with the first men and the children of the forest, the creation of the white walker, how they drove him back last time. It could detail the first Starks, or the creation of winterfell.

Another prequel could be the doom of Valyria. How dragons were trained and then ultimately wiped out.

How about the story’s of Duncan and egg? There’s enough for another series there.

You’ll get more.

#435 4 years ago

I like these episode breakdowns done by New Rockstars

#439 4 years ago

I think the white walkers have always been the "B" plot. Just like the title says, it's all about the game of thrones. Everything else is just distractions. But this is just the TV show.

The books are a song of fire and ice. I'm going to assume the books wont follow the same events as the show for their ending

#507 4 years ago
Quoted from Asael:

I think cause it's fiction, a TV show and cause it's something that should be entertaining and fun to watch it doesn't need to focus extreme on details

I’m amazed at people that can’t suspend belief and just enjoy the entertainment for what it is. It seems like everyone is an armchair quarterback these days, even without real experience, too many people feel like their an expert and would do better then the professionals.

I’ll agree mistakes have been made, and the quality of the show has dropped off since the end of season 5, but that doesn’t make me enjoy it less. After all I’m watching THEIR SHOW, not MY SHOW. This is how they tell the story, not how I would tell the story.

#528 4 years ago

I’m glad that I’m not the only one that thinks the show writers did well
EBDD8E2D-95B0-46BC-ACEA-6D4C84F2E60E (resized).jpegEBDD8E2D-95B0-46BC-ACEA-6D4C84F2E60E (resized).jpeg207212E0-381B-4674-B521-468D1F3CF794 (resized).jpeg207212E0-381B-4674-B521-468D1F3CF794 (resized).jpeg

Here’s a fan made trailer for the comedy Arya and the Hound.
https://vimeo.com/334729441/d687d2215d?cjevent=4b7aa1a1728411e9837500660a1c0e14

#531 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

I would have lost all respect for Stephen King if I wasn’t so certain that some joker hacked his account.

Sounds like you just lost all respect for Stephen King then. How certain are you that he’s been hacked?

#536 4 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

. If I grabbed every tweet about how its went to crap

The majority of the population dont tweet, and for those that do, it's a small percentage that tweet the most.

So if were judging by whom yells loudest is right, then by all means grab as many tweets as you like. I think Stephen's track record speaks for its self when it comes to literary works, that's why I chose those pics to repost.

(Fyi i dont use Twitter, i read them on The Chive)

#564 4 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

Only thing that bothered me was that the final prophecy didn't come true in regards to Cersei.

The show never mentioned that she will die at the hand of her younger sibling. It just said that she would have 3 kids that all die.

Jamie mentioned that he wanted to die in the arms of the woman he loved.

GRRM’s books are not Dan and Dave’s show.

#566 4 years ago

I liked the episode. War is not supposed to be easy or fun. I liked that vares died for no reason, that chaos erupted, that innocent was murdered. This was very gritty and dirty and nasty. Such a contrast to other battles that the show has done before. Soldiers going crazy. Jon was having trouble controlling his troops. Then Jon snow is shown killing his own man, (when Jon was stopping him from raping that girl, then he turns to kill Jon in rage.) I think that moment is when a little of jon’s Honor was tested, before that moment I don’t think he would have killed his own men, now he sees the destruction all around and gets jaded. Now he’s the man that can kill Danny, she was his queen, now she’s the enemy.

#581 4 years ago

I liked the white Walker story line. It wasnt useless. It showed that even facing certain doom people couldn't get their shit together and solve the bigger problem. I think its appropriate for a "B" villan

#620 4 years ago

3 minutes of game of Thrones actors being disappointed with the last season.

#649 4 years ago

Tyrion vs. Monty Python

#666 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Dude, you're effing insane. I bet your favorite band is Nickelback.

I disagree.

Everyone is criticizing the shows writing for the last 2 seasons, I’ll agree that’s been poorly done. But, the show overall is still fantastic. It’s would be hard for anyone to criticize the acting, set design, musical score, costume design, cinematography, special effects, ect.

How can you criticize a scene with no dialogue? Without words you can feel that emotion coming through, the actors have portrayed the characters well. The blame lies in writing, nothing else. Dan and dave didn’t have the creativity to properly see the show through to completion as well as GRRM (probably) could have. But we won’t know until the books are complete, it might turn out that the books end relatively close to the shows ending. I doubt it, but we won’t know for sure until the books are finished.

I think this is a great show.

#673 4 years ago

Kings landing being torched to Metallica’s for whom the bell tolls

#700 4 years ago

Well he’s going to be running the show up north, so it’s kinda like he’s king of the free folk, Sansa is queen of the north, and bran gets to rule the south.

#743 4 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Jon was the rightful king so he should have taken the throne after he killed her.

Tell that to the unsullied whom want to kill Jon.

I’m kinda surprised the dragon didn’t blast him with fire.

#758 4 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

Quick question. Why does Bran need a Master of Whisperers?

Bran is the Internet, a master of whisperers is the google search bar.

#779 4 years ago
Quoted from winteriscoming:

My problem with the end is that the Night King was supposed to be this great threat, and a more important issue than anything else. That all wrapped up too quickly and anything that came after was ultimately not going to matter in the grand scheme.

I think the books will flip the order of the final battles and ultimately the Night King will be the final villain

Bran as the three-eyed raven seemed to have all kinds of powers they started showing, but basically all that went nowhere, other than perhaps he subtly got the pieces in place.

The old three eye raven (aka,Brendan rivers. Aka,bloodraven, aka,Targaryen bastard) would have had the power of foresight too. The pieces were getting put in place way back in the first couple seasons. But the show doesn’t spoon feed you this Information you really need to pay attention to family connections and history. Bran wasn’t bran at the end, he even told us this.

perhaps inadvertently, caused the creation of the Night King by interfering in the past.

I think this will be revealed in a prequel story. I don’t think the average show watcher gets the cyclical timeline. Bran the builder, Bran the broken, both the same?

#806 4 years ago

Here’s two videos explaining the ending. The first one predicted bran would be king weeks before the final show.

And the second give a decent in-depth breakdown

#812 4 years ago
Quoted from Snailman:

Bran is one badass wheelchair-bound dude:
- Bran sees the future (confirmed again in the council meeting where he said" Why would I have come all this way?"
- Bran lets it all happen anyway (Dany going mad, snuffing out a million lives)
- Bran then lets himself become king.
WTF.

Bran since he’s become the three eyed raven is actually a Targaryen bastard; one that waits in a hole under a tree until Jogen Reid and his sister bring him a little crippled stark boy that he can dump his mind into. Then he “lets it all happen anyways” and “let’s himself be King” because as a Targaryen bastard he’d never sit on the throne.

Mind = blown

#863 4 years ago

Here’s a great video, it has a bit on the next episode, a behind the scenes / making of / bonus footage show. It also has a lot of the history of Westeros that will be featured in the upcoming prequel series.

This YouTuber is called Emergency Awesome, and he’s got videos breaking down each episode from the beginning. They’re a great watch for anyone wanting to learn a bit more.

#864 4 years ago

Another video breakdown. Jump to 15min mark to get to bran’s plan from the beginning.

Chaos is a ladder and Bran is the best climber.

#874 4 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

http://georgerrmartin.com/notablog/2019/05/21/thanks-new-zealand/
Martin says he wants to have the next book done by summer 2020. Whether or not that actually happens is another story.

That's a good one.

1 week later
#886 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Just watched the entire series in the last 6 weeks.
I’ll need to read this thread about the finale season but I’m quite disappointed mostly about how they treated John.

Ya might want to rewatch the series. Game of Thrones is not the story where good things happen to good people, quite often bad things happen to good people and good things happen to bad people. Also, Jon from the very first episode wanted to travel to the wall and live in the north, other then Bran, he’s probably the only character that actually got what they wanted.

#914 4 years ago

If you didn’t like the ending, then this video might help you with some of the subtleties of the story that the show failed to convey to the audience.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Luckydogg420.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/game-of-thrones-the-show-spoilers-ahead?tu=Luckydogg420 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.