D6_j37IUEAY1Pp8 (resized).jpg
got1-with-circle (resized).jpg
20190519_232926 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_2019-05-20-00-12-27~2 (resized).png
Screenshot_2019-05-20-00-09-07 (resized).png
Screenshot_2019-05-20-00-09-27 (resized).png
Screenshot_2019-05-20-00-09-39 (resized).png
got22 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Darscot.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#585 4 years ago

I have enjoyed the show and the original story by GRRM was fantastic. The books are a hell of a slog though and even he was dragging it out and repeating himself. Now that the show is on its own its really starting to show. Still good fun and a spectacle but man the writing has gone off a cliff.

1 week later
#729 4 years ago

The character assassination in these last few episodes was unbelievable. This will go down as the worst ending in history. It won’t be jumping the shark anymore it will be going GOT.

P.S. If they think these guys are going to save Star Wars they are fucking clueless.

The best part of this episode is the Shrek memes about the book.

5BB1A4DE-F6A1-46B2-B9C3-C08D4FEE7289 (resized).png5BB1A4DE-F6A1-46B2-B9C3-C08D4FEE7289 (resized).png
Somebody once told me the throne was gonna own me

I ain't the sharpest Targ in the shed

She was looking kinda dumb

With a dagger in her lung

And a shape of an L on her forehead

1 week later
#899 4 years ago

My problem with the last season is they just abandoned character arc. Jon Snow just completely became a different person, everything before just went away. Did he learn anything from his first love, apparently not? He was this beast that united the north and literally stood in front of his people and faced the charge. Not a hope in hell he would just stand by and watch the Queen give a speech about bringing Winterfell to heel on the same spot, the only Father he knew, head actually rolled. If he wanted to be or not he became the King and no chance that any one that followed him would have just went oh well they locked him guess we will just wait and see what they do with him. It was the same for almost every character they just ignored everything the show was building.

The Hound was like the only guy that followed his arc and had a proper ending. As much as I enjoyed the character he was side kick and his was like the only story line that worked.

Briana crying in the street, Jamie just going ah never mind I am just dick, Arya never really resolved any of the God of Death and faces thing. Sansa suddenly becomes the spine of the family she was the weakest of them all. Fucking breast feeding brat has a vote in Jons fate it was laughable.

#907 4 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

I actually think Sansa had one of the best arcs of them all. She endured absolute shit to become the person she was and got strong and in the end knew it.

When the Godfather died Connie or Frodo didn’t just magically transform into the leader of the family and Michael become submissive. It’s just not the way it works with siblings. The pecking order is set in your childhood. Sansa was a twit and always going to be Connie Corleone.

#909 4 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

Wasn't Sansa the eldest left though? If Jon was a bastard, and it was Sansa - Arya - Bran ?
Yeah, Sana was a twit. but dealing with Little Finger and the Bastard made her hard in the end.

Can you imagine if at the end of the Godfather, Frodo took over all the crime families, Connie took over the Corleone family and Michael took over a gang in a trailer park. Lets face it the whole red headed child could not be more obvious. All the red heads in the north are either wildlings (basically trailer trash) or the children of Neds not from the North never really been accepted wife. When all the characters just go through magically transformations into other people the writing sucks. Age has nothing to do with it my oldest brother is a dumbass and he has been a dumbass since we were kids. He has grown and made a lot of self improvements but its not like we all forget that he is a dumbass. People don't just abandoned the born leader to follow the bimbo. Its just bad writing. I enjoyed the show but lets be real. It started as a great adaptation and ended your average B level TV show with A+ level production.

#919 4 years ago

I wish I could blame spell check but I did it twice. Fredo/Frodo what a brain cramp that was.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Darscot.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/game-of-thrones-the-show-spoilers-ahead?tu=Darscot and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.