D6_j37IUEAY1Pp8 (resized).jpg
got1-with-circle (resized).jpg
20190519_232926 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_2019-05-20-00-12-27~2 (resized).png
Screenshot_2019-05-20-00-09-07 (resized).png
Screenshot_2019-05-20-00-09-27 (resized).png
Screenshot_2019-05-20-00-09-39 (resized).png
got22 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Asael.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#243 6 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

I got very nervous for Jamie at the end....
So is that the end of him running with Cersi? What is the Mad King's daughter going to do when he shows up at Winterfell?
I am guessing Tyrion and Berine will beg her to listen to his story first.....

I don't think that he will ride up to winterfell alone. Bronn will follow him and perhaps he will first go to Edmure's castle were many lannister soldiers still are camping. I think he will come to winterfell at the right moment to turn the battle. He is not as stupid as Cersai thinks he is when it comes to war.

1 year later
#350 4 years ago

The best in Lord of the Rings books for me was when the hobbits came back home from the war and saw that everything had changed and they had changed too. But it was not enough of this stuff, it still had the classic happy end like so many other fairy tales and fantasy books. Game of Thrones will be something else. The big bad boss is dead, the big threat is over, but there is still this crazy stupid fight for the power, the Game of Thrones. Who will rule? Who will have the power? Is that important? Would it make a difference for the folk if Dany or Cersei wins? If they had put the battle with the Night King at the end of the show, we could have got a good or a bad ending, nothing else. So now I am way more excited how it will go on and end.

My prediction still is the same as before. Dany will die, because now that her army is almost not excistend she will try to conquer Kings Landing with her dragon. The dragon will be killed and she too by Cersei, this will be shockingly brutal. Jon and the rest will come to late and he can only try to avenge her. They will all die in the dragon pits in a big explosion. The Hound and the Mountain will get their battle. Someone will kill Cersei, don't know who, perhaps one of her brothers or Arya. Hmm, perhaps the kingslayer will become a queen slayer too and kill his sister, that would fit. Arya will survive all this and end on the throne with gendry or she will leave the game of thrones and the continent for a different life. That would leave Sansa on the throne. Sam will write all down.

What I still don't get is why the Night King was realy after Bran. I don't know what Bran did in the big battle, but I think sitting there and switching in crows was
not the only thing he did. Perhaps we will get the true story about the Night King, the Others and the Starks in the prequel.

#366 4 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

It's best not to think too hard on this episode. Otherwise you'll think of questions like, why did they send the deadliest living army in the world against the army of the undead with no dragon glass and one Valyerian sword? That's like sending the US military against the Russian military armed with only cigarette lighters.
RIP Dothraki screamers.

If you don't have enough dragon glass, valyerian steel and time to forge it, you can't equip everyone. Would you have the dothraki hiding in the crypt? They were needed on their horses and I don't think that they thought they can defeat the dead. They should strike quick with their horses and then fall back again and.....the plan was to lure as many dead as possible chasing the dothrakis back in the fire trap.
The dothraki were not meant as a weapon, they were a decoy. It doesn't went well, okay, but it was a plan. How would you have used them? If they were equiped with dragon glass and valyerian steel they wouldn't used them upfront.

#414 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

I was reading the Star Wars Last Jedi thread and I sorta noticed some similarities. Like things not getting explained because hey, they're dead now so who cares. Will we ever get the backstory of the white walkers in any detail? Who raises Craster's baby white walkers? Or do they instantly become old bearded dudes? Is there no motivation other than to wipe out the living? Then what? There is still a whole lot to explain and very little time to do it.
Also, anyone notice lately that the men have turned weak and stupid and the women are getting stronger and smarter? It's got a Last Jedi feel to it is all I'm saying.

Very little time to do it? We will see more TV Shows in the Game of thrones universe! They have all the time they want. https://mashable.com/2018/06/08/game-of-thrones-prequel-hbo/?europe=true :
"The series will take place during the "Age of Heroes," thousands of years before the events of Game of Thrones. HBO stated that the show will reveal "the horrifying secrets of Westeros’s history to [and] the true origin of the White Walkers, the mysteries of the East to the Starks of legend… it’s not the story we think we know."

Thrones fans can officially get hype, because the Age of Heroes is when the Long Night, the first clash between humanity and the original White Walkers took place, meaning the show may finally answer how the humans beat them last time, as well as showing how they built the Wall to keep them out. "

#441 4 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I hate that aspect of prequels... "the end has been written".
Like, there can never be a threat of White Walkers again destroying the world, because we KNOW it never happened, they were beaten back to behind the wall. Do I need to see the wall get built? Not really.

You know nothing Jon Frolic!
There are so many books with the history of Westeros and the Thargaryans allready written, that have so cool plots.... I can‘t wait to see more!!!!

#459 4 years ago

If only they had something or someone that could see the past and forewarn everyone that Euron has moved the iron fleet and that every ship has a scorpion. Oh, wait. Seriously, D & D have made Bran completely worthless other than the Egon Targaryen thing.
Also, I hadn't realized that Cersi moved Kings Landing to the deserts of Dorne. Why is there no snow? It's winter. I guess details went out the window with the writing too.

Bran can not see everything from the past. Only things not far away from the trees with faces.

#498 4 years ago

This is a show in a fantasy world with dragons, magic and undead....but everybody is nitpicking about details. Is it perfect? No! But it's my favourite show on TV. If it's as bad as all the comments hear are making it, why do you all watch it? I still think it something we never have seen before on TV. It's one of the best TV Shows at the moment and I can't wait for the next episode.

#502 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Where does this notion come from that since the show is set in a fantasy world details are not important?

Ok you don't get what I wanted to say so I give you one example:

If only they had something or someone that could see the past and forewarn everyone that Euron has moved the iron fleet and that every ship has a scorpion. Oh, wait. Seriously, D & D have made Bran completely worthless other than the Egon Targaryen thing.
Also, I hadn't realized that Cersi moved Kings Landing to the deserts of Dorne. Why is there no snow? It's winter. I guess details went out the window with the writing too.

Quoted from Asael:

Bran can not see everything from the past. Only things not far away from the trees with faces.

There's no weirwood trees in Dorne, so how did he see Rhaegar and Lyanna marry?

So Bran can only see things around a certain area of weirwood trees and things related to his ancestors!
I made this up, cause I don't know why he can't see what has happened in Kings Landing. And I know nobody that can explain how Brans powers are realy working cause this is a TV show, a book and fantasy. It's not the real world, GoT is not a sience, or real history. It's like a fairy tale told to us before sleeping time and you can explain everything with your own fantasy, magic and imagination. They don't have to explain every little detail. Details are not making a story real or true. The only thing that matters is how important the story becomes for you as a listener, reader or watcher and how much you get involved in the story. And I don't know an other show that gets so many people involved in the characters.

#504 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

You think because GOT has magic simple logic shouldn't apply, which many people would disagree with.
Also, Just because GOT is a "better show" than other shows does not mean they wont get called out for having a clusterfuck of ideas, sloppy editing, logical inconsistencies etc etc.

No, I don't think "because GoT has magic simple logic shouldn't apply". I think cause it's fiction, a TV show and cause it's something that should be entertaining and fun to watch it doesn't need to focus extreme on details as you guys think it should. But I can speak only for myself, it is not important for me and my question just was why you all watch this show when you can't enjoy it cause of the details? It's a TV show nothing more and there are limitations with TV shows, but for me it's still the best TV show and I can live with all those flaws and still think it's great in what it does and what it wants to be.
George R Martin killed John Snow in the books the way he did cause he lost a football bet in real life. That's why a Giant died too by the hands of a knight with a star on his shield. (NY Giants vs. Dallas Cowboys). I remember
when I read this part of the book, that I got so angry about that this character died I threw the book through the air against a wall. And that is the thing that is important for me. It is not often that fiction get me emotional and caring about characters and what happens next. There is so much talk about logic and technical details here and I still think, those things are not important to get extremly right in the details for this show. All that is important is that you care for the characters and that you want to know what will happen next. It's entertainment and not news or a sience report. I don't need a building instruction how the ballistas work and I don't need to know how the ammunation is stored. Missandre got killed, and I hate Cersei! That's what important. The first three Star War movies were great, entertaining and fun, also they were sometimes stupid in details and unlogical. Sometimes other things are more important to make a story great.

#544 4 years ago

I think:
Jamie will kill Euron and dies killing Cersei. Daenerys will kill Varis and many people in Kingslanding.
Jon or Tyrion, I think Tyrion, will kill mad Daenerys. Mountain and Hound will kill each other. Sansa will betray Tyrion and he will get executed.

#613 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

And Varys death? Total waste.

Varys tried to poison her, she knew this and that's why she didn't eat. And what many don't understand, she is not the "Mad Queen" driven by her rage. The whole time her main goal was to become ruler of westeros. She helped to kill the night king and almost lost her dragons and army. But her goal was, that after she helped the people would accept her. But the people didn't love her, she saw that everybody wants to put Jon on the throne. Even people close to her like Varys. So if she still wants to become the supreme Queen of this land and if she can't rule because of love, there is still fear!!! The people have to fear her to accept her as their queen. She had to kill him and everybody in her way without mercy. She thinks, the only way to become the Queen is to rule with terror. Her way is terrorism, that's why the destroying of Kings Landing looks like 9/11. That is not a twist and it isn't bad writing and out of character. She believes what she does is the right thing, like every other dictator did, like Hitler did. We have enough examples in history and real life that could be used for what's happening in this tale.

#617 4 years ago

Now after the last episode I think that Bran will be King and that the theory that Game of Thrones is George RR Martins answer to Tolkiens Lord of the Ring is true. It would explain everything:

#619 4 years ago
Quoted from pauloz:

Bran doesn’t want it.

That makes him the best choice for the job. ;P

#627 4 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Maybe this was answered but what was the significance of the
Knight King taking the baby boys and turning them into ole blue
eyes... did that have any real significance?

Perhaps the night king was not so evil as we think, his only
goal was to kill Bran. But perhaps not cause he wanted to wipe out
every memory of mankind. I had problems with this story arc too,
but what if Bran becomes the new almighty king with a database like
a super K.I. And he changed the past with all his powers to get
there. Big Bran is watching you! What if the game of thrones was
his game and the night king was the only force that could have
prevent this future? Perhaps "it's not the story we think we
know".

HBO about the Prequel Show:
"Taking place thousands of years before the events of Game of
Thrones, the series chronicles the world’s descent from the golden
Age of Heroes into its darkest hour. From the horrifying secrets of
Westeros’s history to the true origin of the White Walkers, the
mysteries of the East to the Starks of legend, only one thing is
for sure: It’s not the story we think we know."

#707 4 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

So is that a believable story arc for Bran?
I'm not shocked, but o ly because I've come to expect the unexpected. The fact it was so unexpected just means the story wasnt told well enough.

Quoted from Asael:

Now after the last episode I think that Bran will be King and that the theory that Game of Thrones is George RR Martins answer to Tolkiens Lord of the Ring is true. It would explain everything:

Perfect ending! it was even better than I thought it would be. I think when more people will think about everything and watch it again and when more people will start to understand what happened they will start to appreciate it. Bad writing???? It's a masterpiece!!!

#709 4 years ago

No he didn't, the Unsullied wanted him punished, but they sailed for back east. His brother is the new king, so he could've been pardoned right after they left. Just another obvious writing flaw to go with the countless others this season. I'm glad it's over.

And you think it would be the right choice for the new king to betray now peaceful allies and to overrule justice? That would not break the wheel.

That are no writing flaws. It's a message and a story, perhaps you don't like what the artists and the writers wanted to say. That's ok. But I am sure that the ending was like they wanted it to be from the beginning.

#712 4 years ago
Quoted from taylor34:

Too many people going out of character the past few episodes.

They are not going out of character. Watch it again. It's a very complex show and it plays with expectations. I think a Bertolt Brecht would have realy liked this show, it's "Epic theatre" like the way he did.

#718 4 years ago

I was totaly sure that Bran will be the new king. Won a big bet!!!. Why do you think the Night king was so fixed to kill him? Everything makes sense, but you have to think about it alot, give it a chance.

#720 4 years ago

They were sailing off before Jon left for the wall.

And you would have a new war with Asha. The game of thrones would go on.

#722 4 years ago
Quoted from taylor34:

I don't remember Dany burning innocents in the first 7 seasons

Watch the scene between Jon and Tyrion in jail again. Tyrion explained to Jon, that he was blind about Dany. But her actions in kingslanding are rooted in her doings before. Just we, like Tyrion, couldn't see the bad she did, cause she did it to bad people. Watch again her expression and words at the end of the scene when they killed her brother. She was mad from the beginning. The only thing different is, that we didn't like her enemys before.
If we watch this scene again with the things we now know, we see her totaly different:

#725 4 years ago

Oh no, not Asha! She might sail the iron fleet, oh wait, maybe not.
Also, if you knew anything about the books, you'd know there would be no way the Iron Islands or Dorne would agree to be under Stark rule, especially when the North gets to be their own kingdom, with another Stark ruler. That whole council scene was a joke. But, we did get to see sweet Robin and Edmure again.

Even Tyrion is unsure about the future, he said to Jon he should ask him again in 10 years if their plan will have worked out. Who knows, perhaps you are right and it can't go the right way. But they want to break the wheel and end the fight and the game of thrones. And the only way to start this is to give justice to Jon and send him to the wall. And that is the question were we started: It's not a writing flaw that they send Jon to the wall only because you think that their plan won't work. I think after all they are gone through it's very believable that they want to start something new.

#747 4 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Jon was the rightful king so he should have taken the throne after he killed her.

Bran is the rightful king. He holds the mind and memorys of the Three Eyed Raven. And was choosen by him to become the next. The Three eyed Raven, before Bran became the new one, was Brynden Rivers, called Lord Bloodraven and the bastard son of Aegon IV Targaryen, he was "A thousand eyes, and one". Brynden Rivers called a Great Council to discuss the disputed of succssion, long ago. And now they did the same, the Bloddravens plan had worked out and was fullfilled. Bran is rightfully the new king choosen by a council. This is all way to complex to capture it in a TV Show so it makes sense for everyone. But it makes this show so great.

#751 4 years ago

The council in the end, when they choose Bran as the new king and mark Jon as a Kingslayer sending him to the wall has to be seen in context with the council that happened years ago. They marked Brynden Rivers as a kingslayer and he had to go to the wall. Like it or not. But the more you will read the more you will understand it.

#781 4 years ago
Quoted from winteriscoming:

My problem with the end is that the Night King was supposed to be this great threat, and a more important issue than anything else. That all wrapped up too quickly and anything that came after was ultimately not going to matter in the grand scheme.
We saw Arya's face swapping ability once against Waldor Frey? Why wasn't that used again?
Bran as the three-eyed raven seemed to have all kinds of powers they started showing, but basically all that went nowhere, other than perhaps he subtly got the pieces in place. It would have been more interesting to find out that he, perhaps inadvertently, caused the creation of the Night King by interfering in the past.
If there had to be more after the Night King's fall, I almost wish Cersei had prevailed, any other major characters with a claim to the throne failed, and Arya took out Cersei at the end and cut it there. We don't need to know how the government works out.
I don't know. I was ok with the end, I guess, but not really pumped the way I would have like to be. I would rather it had ended with my jaw dropped, instead of me saying, "meh..."

We will see in the prequel the creation of the Night King and the truth about the starks. Perhaps Bran or Bloodraven had something to do with this.
And yes, they always said, that the night king wants to end all life, and that he is bad. But his only goal we can be certain of was to kill Bran. Perhaps he just wanted to protect and save his folk? Perhaps he knew, that Bran will become King. I have no clue about his motives.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Asael.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/game-of-thrones-the-show-spoilers-ahead?tu=Asael and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.