D6_j37IUEAY1Pp8 (resized).jpg
got1-with-circle (resized).jpg
20190519_232926 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_2019-05-20-00-12-27~2 (resized).png
Screenshot_2019-05-20-00-09-07 (resized).png
Screenshot_2019-05-20-00-09-27 (resized).png
Screenshot_2019-05-20-00-09-39 (resized).png
got22 (resized).png
There are 936 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 19.
#901 4 years ago

Rushed to finish the most popular show, yet Walking Dead goes on and on and on...

#902 4 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

It was an impossible task to complete the show with the amount of hours of TV they had, but not from lack of effort of everyone involved.

THEY CHOSE TO RUSH IT. HBO would have been fine giving them another 2-3 seasons to properly develop the show in the usual way. It was a self-inflicted wound. The rush was the core problem. It ruined the finish of the show because so much didn't make sense or lacked apparent motivation due to poor or non-existent character development in the last couple seasons.

#903 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

THEY CHOSE TO RUSH IT. HBO would have been fine giving them another 2-3 seasons to properly develop the show in the usual way. It was a self-inflicted wound. The rush was the core problem. It ruined the finish of the show because so much didn't make sense or lacked apparent motivation due to poor or non-existent character development in the last couple seasons.

On to the prequels and sequels and spin offs. This is the problem with most of Hollywood in the last 10 years. They are so busy thinking about cashing in on the next thing, they do a crap job on the current thing. How many movies I've sat through in the last 10 years with such a terrible ending - because of the desire to set up the next movie. Remember the days before prequels and sequels? Having a road map as Marvel did is much different than ending a movie in a crappy way.......because the studio "wants" there to be a sequel has resulted in too many garbage movies.

#904 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Rushed to finish the most popular show, yet Walking Dead goes on and on and on...

Lol yup. Sure AMC loves it too. 10 seasons where 80% of it has been shot in the woods. I'm sure Walking Dead per episode production costs are significantly cheaper compared to Game of Thrones.

Update: Yup, read Walking Dead per episode costs are just over $3 million whereas GOT was averaging $10 million. It shows.

#905 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Lol yup. Sure AMC loves it too. 10 seasons where 80% of it has been shot in the woods. I'm sure Walking Dead per episode production costs are significantly cheaper compared to Game of Thrones.

Yep and they can juts make spinoffs...and if those spinoffs aren't doing well they just swap characters betwixt shows.

#906 4 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

My problem with the last season is they just abandoned character arc. Jon Snow just completely became a different person, everything before just went away. Did he learn anything from his first love, apparently not? He was this beast that united the north and literally stood in front of his people and faced the charge. Not a hope in hell he would just stand by and watch the Queen give a speech about bringing Winterfell to heel on the same spot, the only Father he knew, head actually rolled. If he wanted to be or not he became the King and no chance that any one that followed him would have just went oh well they locked him guess we will just wait and see what they do with him. It was the same for almost every character they just ignored everything the show was building.
The Hound was like the only guy that followed his arc and had a proper ending. As much as I enjoyed the character he was side kick and his was like the only story line that worked.
Briana crying in the street, Jamie just going ah never mind I am just dick, Arya never really resolved any of the God of Death and faces thing. Sansa suddenly becomes the spine of the family she was the weakest of them all. Fucking breast feeding brat has a vote in Jons fate it was laughable.

I actually think Sansa had one of the best arcs of them all. She endured absolute shit to become the person she was and got strong and in the end knew it.

#907 4 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

I actually think Sansa had one of the best arcs of them all. She endured absolute shit to become the person she was and got strong and in the end knew it.

When the Godfather died Connie or Frodo didn’t just magically transform into the leader of the family and Michael become submissive. It’s just not the way it works with siblings. The pecking order is set in your childhood. Sansa was a twit and always going to be Connie Corleone.

#908 4 years ago

Wasn't Sansa the eldest left though? If Jon was a bastard, and it was Sansa - Arya - Bran ?

Yeah, Sana was a twit. but dealing with Little Finger and the Bastard made her hard in the end.

#909 4 years ago

Wasn't Sansa the eldest left though? If Jon was a bastard, and it was Sansa - Arya - Bran ?
Yeah, Sana was a twit. but dealing with Little Finger and the Bastard made her hard in the end.

Can you imagine if at the end of the Godfather, Frodo took over all the crime families, Connie took over the Corleone family and Michael took over a gang in a trailer park. Lets face it the whole red headed child could not be more obvious. All the red heads in the north are either wildlings (basically trailer trash) or the children of Neds not from the North never really been accepted wife. When all the characters just go through magically transformations into other people the writing sucks. Age has nothing to do with it my oldest brother is a dumbass and he has been a dumbass since we were kids. He has grown and made a lot of self improvements but its not like we all forget that he is a dumbass. People don't just abandoned the born leader to follow the bimbo. Its just bad writing. I enjoyed the show but lets be real. It started as a great adaptation and ended your average B level TV show with A+ level production.

#910 4 years ago

but generally would go to the eldest boy before girl (in practice) which is why everyone is always jazzed when a royal son is born. The daughters can become queen but typically not the first in line. Only of late has the daughter been in line before a younger son in the British succession.

#911 4 years ago

I don't understand why HBO didn't allow this series to continue for up to 9 seasons and could have done one season on the Ice king and another on Kings landing.

Only thing I can think is the actors wanted to get out and do other things. I never bought this with Sopranos for example because nobody did anything of consequence except James Gangolfini and Edie Falco. Michael Imperioli has done some TV shows, but by and larger they were all captive to the Sopranos.

If they actors needed more money they could have been given raises already it sounds like a whole season of GOT costs less than one big budget movie.

They left too much dangling and left too much that didn't sit well like Bronn become the master of coin.

#912 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I don't understand why HBO didn't allow this series to continue for up to 9 seasons and could have done one season on the Ice king and another on Kings landing.

HBO was down to extend it, the writers/directors did not want to.

#913 4 years ago
Quoted from pinlink:

HBO was down to extend it, the writers/directors did not want to.

Yep. Benioff and Weiss wanted to end it so they could concentrate on ruining Star Wars. I swear the last couple seasons felt like The Last Jedi.

#914 4 years ago

If you didn’t like the ending, then this video might help you with some of the subtleties of the story that the show failed to convey to the audience.

#915 4 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

When the Godfather died Connie or Frodo didn’t just magically transform into the leader of the family

Quoted from Darscot:

Can you imagine if at the end of the Godfather, Frodo took over all the crime families

DE524EC8-91A1-4A8B-ADA4-46A9E2A127F5 (resized).jpegDE524EC8-91A1-4A8B-ADA4-46A9E2A127F5 (resized).jpeg
#916 4 years ago
frodo1 (resized).jpgfrodo1 (resized).jpg
#917 4 years ago

Hopefully GRRM doesn't follow the TV show if/when he does finish the books.

#918 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Hopefully GRRM doesn't follow the TV show if/when he does finish the books.

doubt it. I read an article about him where he spoke about how he was going to time jump in the books 5 years, but decided to write to fill in the gap, and by the time he got to the 5 years, the characters are veered so far away from where he thought they would be, he couldn't tell his original story.

I imagine the same thing with completing the story, even if he had vague ideas about how it would end that he shared with the show, by the time he actually gets there it could be completely different.

I just hope he can finish.

#919 4 years ago

I wish I could blame spell check but I did it twice. Fredo/Frodo what a brain cramp that was.

#920 4 years ago

My wife says there's a fan theory that there's a secret 7th episode for this last season. The theory says episode 6 was Bran's vision/dream. They're predicting episode 7 airs, unannounced tonight.

It would be interesting, but I'm not holding my breath.

#921 4 years ago
Quoted from winteriscoming:

It would be interesting, but I'm not holding my breath.

Yea since the Deadwood movie is tonight I don’t see this happening.

#922 4 years ago

deleted all of the 2019 GoT seasons episodes off the DVR last night, paused / thought about if i ever wanted to watch them again and quickly decided that no, i don't need to ever see any of them again & will probably never watch any of the other seasons again either

only took them 6 episodes to ruin the whole series for me ... sad, very sad

#923 4 years ago
Quoted from creepykenny:

deleted all of the 2019 GoT seasons episodes off the DVR last night, paused / thought about if i ever wanted to watch them again and quickly decided that no, i don't need to ever see any of them again & will probably never watch any of the other seasons again either
only took them 6 episodes to ruin the whole series for me ... sad, very sad

I get your frustration. I loved the series until the last season as well. I was so disappointed with the ending that I sold my pinball machine.

#924 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

This, entirely.

The work that went into this season was absolutely astounding, and the result was beautiful, but it simply wasn't good storytelling.

#925 4 years ago

It was still better than anything else I was doing at 9:00 pm on Sunday night.

#926 4 years ago

Let me get this straight. When Robert led rebellion was robert and Ned thinking Ned’s sister was being abducted etc. and the mad king just reacted after the rebellion? Or did the mad king start killing everyone and that led to the rebellion?

#927 4 years ago

If you enjoy reading I highly recommend Patrick rothfuss kingslayer chronicles.

I think someday a movie or something will be made.

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg
#928 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Let me get this straight. When Robert led rebellion was robert and Ned thinking Ned’s sister was being abducted etc. and the mad king just reacted after the rebellion? Or did the mad king start killing everyone and that led to the rebellion?

Rhaegar and Lyanna took off together and everyone thought that he abducted her. Ned's father and brother went to Kings Landing to demand the return of Lyanna. Aerys then killed both of them so Robert got Jon Arryn and Ned on his side for the rebellion.

#929 4 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

Rhaegar and Lyanna took off together and everyone thought that he abducted her. Ned's father and brother went to Kings Landing to demand the return of Lyanna. Aerys then killed both of them so Robert got Jon Arryn and Ned on his side for the rebellion.

That’s bad ass. Wish they’d make a book or TV show about that.

#930 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

That’s bad ass. Wish they’d make a book or TV show about that.

A few years ago there was talk of GOT movies. I always thought Robert's Rebellion would make a good movie or movies. There's some really cool stories and battles from the rebellion.

#931 4 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

I get your frustration. I loved the series until the last season as well. I was so disappointed with the ending that I sold my pinball machine.

Wow, that is big frustration.
Here in germany in a small town they are absolute excited about the show with public viewng, Cosplay GoT and much more. After Season 8 they voted, which character is the best, result was Tyrion. After that, they renamed the city dedicated to Peter Dinklage in Dinklage. It is nearby Bremen in the north (Yes, the story about Tyrion and the wall in the north, they know...). Bremen is nearby Hamburg, i think more known in the world.

Dinklage (resized).PNGDinklage (resized).PNG
#932 4 years ago
Quoted from Metengo:

After Season 8 they voted, which character is the best, result was Tyrion.

He was the best character and Dinklage is an excellent actor. I was a little disappointed that he seemingly dropped about 50 IQ points the last season or two.

#933 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

He was the best character and Dinklage is an excellent actor. I was a little disappointed that he seemingly dropped about 50 IQ points the last season or two.

He drank too much and forgot some things.

#934 4 years ago
Quoted from pauloz:

He drank too much and forgot some things.

Happens to the best of us ...

#935 4 years ago
Quoted from Azmodeus:

If you enjoy reading I highly recommend Patrick rothfuss kingslayer chronicles.

I have always been a pretty avid reader. I’ve read all of the GOT books. But this Patrick Rothfuss series is among my favorite of all time so far. The only problem is, much like GOTs author, he can’t seem to get the next book in the series finished. Book 1 came out in 2007. Book 2 came out in 2011. Still waiting on book 3 with no release date in sight. But the first 2 are great!

#936 4 years ago

I agree on the author finishing the last book.

I first told some friends about rothfuss before the second book was printed yet.

Still waiting the whole bunch of us I think it’s been five years now...

There are 936 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 19.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/game-of-thrones-the-show-spoilers-ahead/page/19 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.