D6_j37IUEAY1Pp8 (resized).jpg
got1-with-circle (resized).jpg
20190519_232926 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_2019-05-20-00-12-27~2 (resized).png
Screenshot_2019-05-20-00-09-07 (resized).png
Screenshot_2019-05-20-00-09-27 (resized).png
Screenshot_2019-05-20-00-09-39 (resized).png
got22 (resized).png
There are 936 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 19.
#851 4 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

"Winter is coming" was all but dropped from the show the final season.

That and the shortest winter ever with grass or whatever that was sprouting north of the wall at the end. Dumb.

#852 4 years ago

Isn't winter supposed to be decades or longer?

#853 4 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

Yes.

#854 4 years ago

Yes, that's why it was super dumb to have the "hope" of a green blade of grass in the far north at the end when winter JUST started. It took like 7 seasons to come and one season to be over. And no one aged enough for there to be a 10 year time jump before the character wrapup. Bad, lazy writing and storytelling that can't hold a candle to seasons 1-5.

#855 4 years ago

the night king dies, so winter dies maybe? He seemed to bring it with him wherever he went, that's for sure.

#856 4 years ago
Quoted from ryanwanger:

I'm not an expert TV watcher, but I think Breaking Bad is the best show of all time. I thought it was pretty much flawless, until the final episode. Big picture, it ended the right way...but the specifics were a little preposterous IMO.
It was just that last episode. It didn't ruin the show or anything. I can't wait to forget most of what happened so I can rewatch the whole series at some point in the future.

I really liked the last episode of Breaking Bad. But if you felt everything fell into place a bit too tidily for Walt, take a look at Norm MacDonald's theory that it was all a fantasy as he lay dying in that frozen Volvo in New Hampshire ...

#857 4 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

the night king dies, so winter dies maybe? He seemed to bring it with him wherever he went, that's for sure.

But it got worse well after he was killed, bad enough to hit King's Landing in the south hard.

#858 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

But it got worse well after he was killed, bad enough to hit King's Landing in the south hard.

I’m pretty sure that was ashes, not snow. There was no snow in Kings landing before the battle. Only snow that hit Kings landing was the tiny amount at end of S7 when Jamie was exiled.

#859 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I’m pretty sure that was ashes, not snow. There was no snow in Kings landing before the battle. Only snow that hit Kings landing was the tiny amount at end of S7 when Jamie was exiled.

Yes. It’s not the bad writing so much as people not paying attention.

#860 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Yeah I was back and forth on it, but when Dani grabs the Iron Throne there's a closeup and they look much more like ice crystals on it than ash. Also, if that's ash, it's the whitest ash ever. We literally had the same thing here in California where it rained ash for days and it was much dirtier and much less accumulation from a much larger and longer-lasting fire.

#861 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Yeah I was back and forth on it, but when Dani grabs the Iron Throne there's a closeup and they look much more like ice crystals on it than ash. Also, if that's ash, it's the whitest ash ever. We literally had the same thing here in California where it rained ash for days and it was much dirtier and much less accumulation from a much larger and longer-lasting fire.

Those were ashes from our dried up trees and bushes, not human bodies

#862 4 years ago

John and everybody is mad at Dany for destroying Kingsland so he kills her? I guess he would rather jerk himself off at the wall then be married to Dany and ruling Westeros. Weak. Drogon just grabs Dany and goes to dragon land? Weak. Not a single thing for me to say that was good about the ending.

#863 4 years ago

Here’s a great video, it has a bit on the next episode, a behind the scenes / making of / bonus footage show. It also has a lot of the history of Westeros that will be featured in the upcoming prequel series.

This YouTuber is called Emergency Awesome, and he’s got videos breaking down each episode from the beginning. They’re a great watch for anyone wanting to learn a bit more.

#864 4 years ago

Another video breakdown. Jump to 15min mark to get to bran’s plan from the beginning.

Chaos is a ladder and Bran is the best climber.

#865 4 years ago

Blacklist has been renewed for next year. Its one of the only network shows I watch.
Pretty much everything else I watch is cable channels only.

Great news - It was billed as being the last ever episode by UK TV.

#866 4 years ago

This has been making the rounds

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#868 4 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

This has been making the rounds[quoted image]

#869 4 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

John and everybody is mad at Dany for destroying Kingsland so he kills her? I guess he would rather jerk himself off at the wall then be married to Dany and ruling Westeros. Weak. Drogon just grabs Dany and goes to dragon land? Weak. Not a single thing for me to say that was good about the ending.

Tyrion it in his head that she would always see him as a threat and would probably kill him at some point. Probably true.

#870 4 years ago

So glad i dropped this show after season 5. It was clear to me that they were clueless once they ran out of book to adapt.

#872 4 years ago
Quoted from GolfKill:

So glad i dropped this show after season 5. It was clear to me that they were clueless once they ran out of book to adapt.

that’s a bummer; you missed out big time.

#873 4 years ago

http://georgerrmartin.com/notablog/2019/05/21/thanks-new-zealand/

Martin says he wants to have the next book done by summer 2020. Whether or not that actually happens is another story.

#874 4 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Martin says he wants to have the next book done by summer 2020. Whether or not that actually happens is another story.

That's a good one.

#875 4 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

No. Way. Unless he really did finish both books like that rumor he denied. He's definitely done with the next one because his schedule magically cleared up for appearances and other stuff after being on lockdown. Probably just waiting for publisher timing on the release.

#876 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

No. Way. Unless he really did finish both books like that rumor he denied. He's definitely done with the next one because his schedule magically cleared up for appearances and other stuff after being on lockdown. Probably just waiting for publisher timing on the release.

Book done vs released are two different things. We can hope it's done, at least that means it'll be released eventually.

#877 4 years ago

Sucks at his advanced age there's a whole other book he still has to write even after the next one that has taken forever.

#878 4 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Sucks at his advanced age there's a whole other book he still has to write even after the next one that has taken forever.

I think like Rothfuss, it's mostly written, just needs to be edited and stitched together. Chapters rewritten, moved around, added, etc. Hopefully that means someone else could step in and finish it like Sanderson/Wheel of Time.

#879 4 years ago

The ending I would personally complain about was Dexters end. Horrible.

I liked the scene with Tyrion and the new council meeting. The biggest losers were the undead captains. They were useless from what we saw. I would have expected them to do something useful. I thought bran might take control of a dragon during the battle. But No.

#880 4 years ago
Quoted from Azmodeus:

The ending I would personally complain about was Dexters end. Horrible.

Sing with me:

"I'm a lumberjack and I'm ok...."

#881 4 years ago

Just watched the entire series in the last 6 weeks.

I’ll need to read this thread about the finale season but I’m quite disappointed mostly about how they treated John.

John should not be treated as an outcast but as a hero.

Bran meh it should be John as king no doubt about it.

#882 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I’ll need to read this thread about the finale season but I’m quite disappointed mostly about how they treated John.

I'm not familiar with any characters named "John"

#883 4 years ago

OK, the pitch meeting made me chuckle

#884 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

.... Jon as king no doubt about it.

Yes. He has the best skills to be King, he is the only one who can control the last dragon. Have you seen that he can scream a dragon to death? Awesome.

#885 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Don’t be too disappointed, Jon ended up exactly where he wanted to be.

#886 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Ya might want to rewatch the series. Game of Thrones is not the story where good things happen to good people, quite often bad things happen to good people and good things happen to bad people. Also, Jon from the very first episode wanted to travel to the wall and live in the north, other then Bran, he’s probably the only character that actually got what they wanted.

#887 4 years ago

How it should have been:

#888 4 years ago

I watched a bit of that "Last Watch" doc on hbo. One thing is clear, their full effort was put into this last season. I feel bad for everyone for the criticism and how insulting it is for petitions asking for a re-do. It was an impossible task to complete the show with the amount of hours of TV they had, but not from lack of effort of everyone involved.

#889 4 years ago

Was it the best series finale ever? Not even close. Was it a disgraceful betrayal of everything that came before? Of course not. It was a decent, mildly unsatisfying, way to end to the story. I wish they had taken another couple of episodes to build out Daenerys' heel turn so it didn't feel so abrupt, and give us a bit more Bran so his ascension would have seemed less random (never thought I'd be asking for more Bran). But I get that this was an exhausting process for the showrunners and they were read to move on, so they did what they could with the time they'd given themselves.

Mainly, the finale has got me excited to read the last two books (if George R.R. ever gets around to finishing them). Even if he sticks with the major plot beats, you know he'll do a much better job developing Daenerys' transformation, and hopefully make Bran seem like a plausible choice to take the throne.

Looking back, I'd say I quite enjoyed the series even if the ending did not blow me away. Although it's a step below the very best shows, like Breaking Bad and Sopranos, that's not a bad place to be.

#890 4 years ago

I enjoyed the HBO documentary on the last season. I like how it focused on so many of the people behind the scenes. It really is amazing to see all of the work done on that show.

#891 4 years ago

Maybe I could see Danny becoming enraged if she had given Cerci a chance to submit had more face to face with the two or Cerci had just executed Mesendai so that Danny would have had more reason to go nuts, she had never acted this way killing innocent women and children.

#892 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Maybe I could see Danny becoming enraged if she had given Cerci a chance to submit had more face to face with the two or Cerci had just executed Mesendai so that Danny would have had more reason to go nuts, she had never acted this way killing innocent women and children.

I agree. What it really feels like is that they had the entire story going for an ending with either Jon or Dany on the throne for 7 1/2 seasons, then were told with 3 episodes left that they had to put Bran on the throne and were like "oh crap". So they hurried and made everything change extremely quickly to follow that narrative, which doesn't make a whole lot of sense. The way the previous 7 1/2 seasons were filmed don't support the ending really, Bran like disappeared for large sections of time and was basically non-existent for the most part, a small side story most of the time. If he would have been a lot more featured, it would have made more sense. I think not having a clear ending from the beginning made the ending turn weird.

#893 4 years ago
Quoted from pauloz:

Don’t be too disappointed, Jon ended up exactly where he wanted to be.

He gets to be with his best buddy and his pet wolf. What was to be disappointed with?

#894 4 years ago

Thought of this ending last night...

White Walkers win battle of the North (maybe some characters escape and ride south), march to King's Landing, and take out city and Cersei. Knight King sits on the throne, changes into Bran. Cut to black.

#895 4 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

Thought of this ending last night...
White Walkers win battle of the North (maybe some characters escape and ride south), march to King's Landing, and take out city and Cersei. Knight King sits on the throne, changes into Bran. Cut to black.

Or the Night King Scooby-Doos his face off and it was Arya all along. Cut to black as "Killer Queen" drops in at full volume.

#896 4 years ago
Quoted from starfighter:

OK, the pitch meeting made me chuckle

OMG, that was funny. "It was a very forgettable horse". LOL

#897 4 years ago

Don’t know why they had to rush the story into 7-8 episodes could have made 10 episodes and let it breath. It was like too rush at the end. Also some scenes just seem dropped out of nowhere like there was a lot of stuff cut out.

#898 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Don’t know why they had to rush the story into 7-8 episodes could have made 10 episodes and let it breath. It was like too rush at the end. Also some scenes just seem dropped out of nowhere like there was a lot of stuff cut out.

They may have done it partly to put more money toward the huge battle episodes, which are crazy expensive (10 episodes worth of budget into 6 episodes). But I'd bet HBO would have coughed up even more cash to get more episodes made, if the show runners had been willing to do it.

#899 4 years ago

My problem with the last season is they just abandoned character arc. Jon Snow just completely became a different person, everything before just went away. Did he learn anything from his first love, apparently not? He was this beast that united the north and literally stood in front of his people and faced the charge. Not a hope in hell he would just stand by and watch the Queen give a speech about bringing Winterfell to heel on the same spot, the only Father he knew, head actually rolled. If he wanted to be or not he became the King and no chance that any one that followed him would have just went oh well they locked him guess we will just wait and see what they do with him. It was the same for almost every character they just ignored everything the show was building.

The Hound was like the only guy that followed his arc and had a proper ending. As much as I enjoyed the character he was side kick and his was like the only story line that worked.

Briana crying in the street, Jamie just going ah never mind I am just dick, Arya never really resolved any of the God of Death and faces thing. Sansa suddenly becomes the spine of the family she was the weakest of them all. Fucking breast feeding brat has a vote in Jons fate it was laughable.

#900 4 years ago

Yea for me, the way the story nor how it ended didn’t upset me, I actually quite enjoyed it. It was the rush to finish That really sucked. If anyone has seen both versions of LOTR movies (theatrical vs extended), that’s what this last season felt like; I’m just waiting and hoping for the release of the extended version of this season.

There are 936 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 19.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/game-of-thrones-the-show-spoilers-ahead/page/18?hl=golfkill and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.