D6_j37IUEAY1Pp8 (resized).jpg
got1-with-circle (resized).jpg
20190519_232926 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_2019-05-20-00-12-27~2 (resized).png
Screenshot_2019-05-20-00-09-07 (resized).png
Screenshot_2019-05-20-00-09-27 (resized).png
Screenshot_2019-05-20-00-09-39 (resized).png
got22 (resized).png
There are 936 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 19.
#701 4 years ago

Where were they when it was snowing? Kings landing?

#702 4 years ago

I feel like I just got ass raped. John was the rightful king and he got screwed. That ending was terrible. I want a do over. But, I guess that just because I didn’t agree with how they ended it doesn’t make it bad. I think it sucked however.

#703 4 years ago

Excellent final episode. I figured Dani would go quick, and good to see Bran as the new King. I wish we had some more of the new regime in action, the council looks like it would be entertaining to watch.

Jon had to go to the North, just like the Targaryen before him (forgot his name), who also was in line to be King.

#704 4 years ago
Quoted from crlush:

Well that really sucked for John Snow,

Just about back where he started.

LTG : )

#705 4 years ago

So is that a believable story arc for Bran?

I'm not shocked, but o ly because I've come to expect the unexpected. The fact it was so unexpected just means the story wasnt told well enough.

#706 4 years ago

What a mess of a finale. Terrible and underwhelming in my opinion. There were a couple good parts here and there but the finale, like most of season 8, had characters behaving / making choices out of character. The entire season has felt like a race to the finish with little character development in between and multiple characters making choices that go against their character.

#707 4 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

I'm not shocked, but o ly because I've come to expect the unexpected. The fact it was so unexpected just means the story wasnt told well enough.

Quoted from Asael:

Now after the last episode I think that Bran will be King and that the theory that Game of Thrones is George RR Martins answer to Tolkiens Lord of the Ring is true. It would explain everything:

Perfect ending! it was even better than I thought it would be. I think when more people will think about everything and watch it again and when more people will start to understand what happened they will start to appreciate it. Bad writing???? It's a masterpiece!!!

#708 4 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

Jon had to go to the North, just like the Targaryen before him (forgot his name), who also was in line to be King.

No he didn't, the Unsullied wanted him punished, but they sailed for back east. His brother is the new king, so he could've been pardoned right after they left. Just another obvious writing flaw to go with the countless others this season. I'm glad it's over.

#709 4 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

No he didn't, the Unsullied wanted him punished, but they sailed for back east. His brother is the new king, so he could've been pardoned right after they left. Just another obvious writing flaw to go with the countless others this season. I'm glad it's over.

And you think it would be the right choice for the new king to betray now peaceful allies and to overrule justice? That would not break the wheel.

That are no writing flaws. It's a message and a story, perhaps you don't like what the artists and the writers wanted to say. That's ok. But I am sure that the ending was like they wanted it to be from the beginning.

#710 4 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

I'm not even quite sure what Bran did. Wasn't he gone for like almost a whole season, maybe 2? He figured out history but did that really end up meaning anything since they just discarded it anyways? And then his personality totally changed with the "why do you think I came all the way down here" line after being so distant the past couple seasons?

It was a weird ending. Bran, you've done almost nothing this entire show. In fact almost none of the main characters have talked with you much. You can control birds and know a lot about history so I guess you're king, lol.

I didn't like the way Jon did Dany. One Jon would never do it like that. He would have argued until he was blue in the face but never would have taken that step. Too many people going out of character the past few episodes.

#711 4 years ago
Quoted from Asael:

That are no writing flaws

And with that sentence you've lost all credibility.

#712 4 years ago
Quoted from taylor34:

Too many people going out of character the past few episodes.

They are not going out of character. Watch it again. It's a very complex show and it plays with expectations. I think a Bertolt Brecht would have realy liked this show, it's "Epic theatre" like the way he did.

#713 4 years ago

He can't pardoned him as he probably gave his word, and if he did, he would risk the future of Westoris if the Unsullied stayed. He couldn't risk it, plus Jon did kill the Queen.

#714 4 years ago
Quoted from Asael:

Perfect ending! it was even better than I thought it would be. I think when more people will think about everything and watch it again and when more people will start to understand what happened they will start to appreciate it. Bad writing???? It's a masterpiece!!!

I think it was missing any bit of foreshadowing that just caused it to make less sense. Because we're super-fans, we can see some potential connections. I get they wouldn't want to give it away, but in their effort to do so, they made Bran a complete non-character, and their ending loses its impact and feels out of the blue because of it.

#715 4 years ago
Quoted from taylor34:

I didn't like the way Jon did Dany. One Jon would never do it like that. He would have argued until he was blue in the face but never would have taken that step. Too many people going out of character the past few episodes.

That is why he was emotional, he knew there was no way she was going to chance and he knew what he had to do, especially with the "they don't have a choice" line.

#716 4 years ago

I liked the final episode. The problem was this entire season should have been 2 or 3 seasons. This final episode would have been fine on that hypothetical version of the show as well.

Jon didn't want to be king. He never did. He didn't kill Dany to take the throne. She was totally buying her own bullshit and he could see how dangerous that was.

The kingdom is in peace at the end of the series, without Dany razing every kingdom, so it was a better outcome.

I'm a fan of the show, this season will always be controversial, but overall still one of the best TV shows in history.

#717 4 years ago

It kind of limped to the finish line but what an outstanding show.

#718 4 years ago

I was totaly sure that Bran will be the new king. Won a big bet!!!. Why do you think the Night king was so fixed to kill him? Everything makes sense, but you have to think about it alot, give it a chance.

#719 4 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

plus Jon did kill the Queen

Jaime Lannister killed the king.

Quoted from Methos:

He can't pardoned him as he probably gave his word, and if he did, he would risk the future of Westoris if the Unsullied stayed.

They were sailing off before Jon left for the wall.

#720 4 years ago

They were sailing off before Jon left for the wall.

And you would have a new war with Asha. The game of thrones would go on.

#721 4 years ago
Quoted from Asael:

They are not going out of character. Watch it again. It's a very complex show and it plays with expectations. I think a Bertolt Brecht would have realy liked this show, it's "Epic theatre" like the way he did.

I don't remember Dany burning innocents in the first 7 seasons, or Jon stabbing anyone no matter how bad they were, or Bran having an ego. I don't buy the "they were always that way, we just didn't it show it that way for 7 1/2 seasons, just the final 3 episodes they totally change into doing things they never would have done 3 episodes before", lol.

Maybe the reason it doesn't sit well with me is that it feels like what happens in real life sometimes. The motivated person gets burned, the person who always does the right thing gets screwed, and the person that did nothing wins.

#722 4 years ago
Quoted from taylor34:

I don't remember Dany burning innocents in the first 7 seasons

Watch the scene between Jon and Tyrion in jail again. Tyrion explained to Jon, that he was blind about Dany. But her actions in kingslanding are rooted in her doings before. Just we, like Tyrion, couldn't see the bad she did, cause she did it to bad people. Watch again her expression and words at the end of the scene when they killed her brother. She was mad from the beginning. The only thing different is, that we didn't like her enemys before.
If we watch this scene again with the things we now know, we see her totaly different:

#723 4 years ago
Quoted from Asael:

And you would have a new war with Asha. The game of thrones would go on.

Oh no, not Asha! She might sail the iron fleet, oh wait, maybe not.

Also, if you knew anything about the books, you'd know there would be no way the Iron Islands or Dorne would agree to be under Stark rule, especially when the North gets to be their own kingdom, with another Stark ruler. That whole council scene was a joke. But, we did get to see sweet Robin and Edmure again.

#724 4 years ago
Quoted from Asael:

Watch the scene between Jon and Tyrion in jail again. Tyrion explained to Jon, that he was blind about Dany. But her actions in kingslanding are rooted in her doings before. Just we, like Tyrion, couldn't see the bad she did, cause she did it to bad people. Watch again her expressions and words when they killed her brother. She was mad from the beginning. The only thing different is, that we didn't like her enemys before.

Oh that's right, I forgot the scene where she killed her brother and then burned down the whole village just because.

#725 4 years ago

Oh no, not Asha! She might sail the iron fleet, oh wait, maybe not.
Also, if you knew anything about the books, you'd know there would be no way the Iron Islands or Dorne would agree to be under Stark rule, especially when the North gets to be their own kingdom, with another Stark ruler. That whole council scene was a joke. But, we did get to see sweet Robin and Edmure again.

Even Tyrion is unsure about the future, he said to Jon he should ask him again in 10 years if their plan will have worked out. Who knows, perhaps you are right and it can't go the right way. But they want to break the wheel and end the fight and the game of thrones. And the only way to start this is to give justice to Jon and send him to the wall. And that is the question were we started: It's not a writing flaw that they send Jon to the wall only because you think that their plan won't work. I think after all they are gone through it's very believable that they want to start something new.

#726 4 years ago

The best scene of the entire season.
jonghostcolor-game-of-thrones (resized).jpgjonghostcolor-game-of-thrones (resized).jpg

#727 4 years ago

All things considered, it ended as close to a happy ending as we were likely to get, and I think it was fine. Bronn got Highgarden AND is in charge of funding brothels, guys, cmon!!!! And the wolf got petted!!! But seriously, Bran as king is kind of weird, but makes sense in that he's selfless (to a comical degree) and neutral - or he's some sort of all-seeing monster that manipulated everything, which makes it even better imo. Viewing season 8 as building to a single point - Jon killing Dany - made the (quicker) pacing a little better for me. It wasn't complex, just that one moment, so I thought it worked. And boy did they set up the sequels...

#728 4 years ago

Boy did that ending suck.

They disarm Jon to see Tyrion, a prisoner they were going to execute, but let him be armed to see the queen.

Sansa declares herself a seperate kingdom, and nobody else decides to do the same?

Why even have anyone on the wall anymore? The white walkers are gone.

As people stated, everyone was so out of character. What a big let down.

#729 4 years ago

The character assassination in these last few episodes was unbelievable. This will go down as the worst ending in history. It won’t be jumping the shark anymore it will be going GOT.

P.S. If they think these guys are going to save Star Wars they are fucking clueless.

The best part of this episode is the Shrek memes about the book.

5BB1A4DE-F6A1-46B2-B9C3-C08D4FEE7289 (resized).png5BB1A4DE-F6A1-46B2-B9C3-C08D4FEE7289 (resized).png
Somebody once told me the throne was gonna own me

I ain't the sharpest Targ in the shed

She was looking kinda dumb

With a dagger in her lung

And a shape of an L on her forehead

#730 4 years ago

Yes she was mad a long time ago. remember when she hung the masters. She never showed mercy.

The final, it was a final. Did I love it. No. Was it good, well it was ok. It seemed a bit boring then again this season was not top notch. Was it what they intended as mentioned above, absolutely not. The books were not finished so they took over. It's not the same writing.

The problem is that all the conflicts were just too rushed to resolve. It all happened so fast that it's like what just happened? The Knight King defeated already? Kings Landing crushed, already? Dani killed, already?

What's the deal with the Night Watch? There is no more White Walkers and the Wildlings are no longer a threat. Is there even a need for the Night Watch anymore?

Still it was one of the best shows ever. Even if the last season was not as good as the others and if they stretched it out and milked it we would have gotten fed up and moved on. At least it ended.

#731 4 years ago
Quoted from DeeGor:

Boy did that ending suck.
They disarm Jon to see Tyrion, a prisoner they were going to execute, but let him be armed to see the queen.
Sansa declares herself a seperate kingdom, and nobody else decides to do the same?
Why even have anyone on the wall anymore? The white walkers are gone.
As people stated, everyone was so out of character. What a big let down.

I think she was guarded only by her dragon who let him through with his sword.

#732 4 years ago

I felt like the writers were smacking me with "lumberjack Dexter" over and over again throughout the episode.

The costumes and scenes were beautiful though.

#733 4 years ago
got11 (resized).jpggot11 (resized).jpggot22 (resized).pnggot22 (resized).png
#734 4 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

Excellent final episode. I figured Dani would go quick, and good to see Bran as the new King. I wish we had some more of the new regime in action, the council looks like it would be entertaining to watch.

Bronn actually GETTING Highgarden (the former heart of chivalry) is ridiculous.

#735 4 years ago

I enjoyed it. Just like real life...twists and turns. Things don't always end up how we would like.

The only thing that truly sucks is that I now have to find a new show to get into.

#736 4 years ago
Screenshot_2019-05-20-00-09-07 (resized).pngScreenshot_2019-05-20-00-09-07 (resized).pngScreenshot_2019-05-20-00-09-27 (resized).pngScreenshot_2019-05-20-00-09-27 (resized).pngScreenshot_2019-05-20-00-09-39 (resized).pngScreenshot_2019-05-20-00-09-39 (resized).png
#737 4 years ago

Just so much out of character actions (I suspect for the sake of speedy storytelling).

And towards the end it was oprah happy endings everywhere.

I want to like it, I really do. But...it just didn't land for me.

#738 4 years ago
Screenshot_2019-05-20-00-12-27~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_2019-05-20-00-12-27~2 (resized).png
#739 4 years ago

Saw this on Twitter and couldn't stop laughing haha....

20190519_232926 (resized).jpg20190519_232926 (resized).jpg
#740 4 years ago
Quoted from starfighter:

[quoted image][quoted image]

This post gave me a great laugh to start the day...thank you, I needed it!

#741 4 years ago

Well at least its not a Starbucks cup this time.

got1-with-circle (resized).jpggot1-with-circle (resized).jpg
#742 4 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

He can't pardoned him as he probably gave his word, and if he did, he would risk the future of Westoris if the Unsullied stayed. He couldn't risk it, plus Jon did kill the Queen.

Jon was the rightful king so he should have taken the throne after he killed her.

#743 4 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Jon was the rightful king so he should have taken the throne after he killed her.

Tell that to the unsullied whom want to kill Jon.

I’m kinda surprised the dragon didn’t blast him with fire.

#744 4 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

Tell that to the unsullied whom want to kill Jon.
I’m kinda surprised the dragon didn’t blast him with fire.

He should have been fireproof just like Dany was and the unsullied didn't stick around anyway.

#745 4 years ago
D6_j37IUEAY1Pp8 (resized).jpgD6_j37IUEAY1Pp8 (resized).jpg
#746 4 years ago

Everybody: Hey Jon, you need to kill your girl.
Jon: No, she is my queen.
Everybody: Yea but she’s gonna kill you, me, your sisters, and anybody else who gets in her way.
Jon: Ugh, I don’t want to.

*kills Dany*

Everybody: oooooo, probably shouldn’t have done that. Now you’re gonna be punished.

#747 4 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Bran is the rightful king. He holds the mind and memorys of the Three Eyed Raven. And was choosen by him to become the next. The Three eyed Raven, before Bran became the new one, was Brynden Rivers, called Lord Bloodraven and the bastard son of Aegon IV Targaryen, he was "A thousand eyes, and one". Brynden Rivers called a Great Council to discuss the disputed of succssion, long ago. And now they did the same, the Bloddravens plan had worked out and was fullfilled. Bran is rightfully the new king choosen by a council. This is all way to complex to capture it in a TV Show so it makes sense for everyone. But it makes this show so great.

#748 4 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

The form of government changes after wars ALL the time. This is not a new concept introduced by this show. This last greatest war changed many things, including peoples attitudes and character. The elective monarchy that was established with Bran makes total sense if your breaking the wheel and leaving the patriarchal monarchy behind.

For me, the character arcs in this series made sense as you saw people grow and change. Sometimes into characters you might not want them to be, but nonetheless characters that made sense for the story line.

#749 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

The form of government changes after wars ALL the time. This is not a new concept introduced by this show. This last greatest war changed many things, including peoples attitudes and character. The elective monarchy that was established with Bran makes total sense if your breaking the wheel and leaving the patriarchal monarchy behind.
For me, the character arcs in this series made sense as you saw people grow and change. Sometimes into characters you might not want them to be, but nonetheless characters that made sense for the story line.

Can’t disagree with that logic

#750 4 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I liked the final episode. The problem was this entire season should have been 2 or 3 seasons. This final episode would have been fine on that hypothetical version of the show as well.
Jon didn't want to be king. He never did. He didn't kill Dany to take the throne. She was totally buying her own bullshit and he could see how dangerous that was.
The kingdom is in peace at the end of the series, without Dany razing every kingdom, so it was a better outcome.
I'm a fan of the show, this season will always be controversial, but overall still one of the best TV shows in history.

This this and this. Perfectly said. I enjoyed the last episode. Not perfect but much better than what I'm reading online.

There are 936 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 19.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/game-of-thrones-the-show-spoilers-ahead/page/15 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.