D6_j37IUEAY1Pp8 (resized).jpg
got1-with-circle (resized).jpg
20190519_232926 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_2019-05-20-00-12-27~2 (resized).png
Screenshot_2019-05-20-00-09-07 (resized).png
Screenshot_2019-05-20-00-09-27 (resized).png
Screenshot_2019-05-20-00-09-39 (resized).png
got22 (resized).png
There are 936 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 19.
#551 4 years ago

Boo. The writers suck so bad. GRRM they are not.

#552 4 years ago

So they have us root for Dany the entire series just to have her go postal and kill half a million innocent people in the penultimate episode.

#553 4 years ago

This is what happens when you don't have sex with your aunt, people.

#554 4 years ago

I dunno, I think this episode played out really well and got rid of some of the bad taste from last episode. The show has been telegraphing Dany doing something like this since the beginning - I think we were always meant to feel a little queasy rooting for her. Kinda feel like we're checking off boxes for other characters' fates and that this could have been stretched out (half expect major characters to spend hours dying, I guess), but whatev, enjoyed the action and the turns for Ayra, among others.

#555 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Boo. The writers suck so bad. GRRM they are not.

I've been as critical as anyone about D & D, but I've come to accept the show for what it is now. When HBO and D & D started the show, GRRM was supposed to be finished with the book series. Obviously that didn't happen so this is what we get. Gods willing he finishes the series and us book readers get the ending we've been waiting for.

Couple of thoughts on the episode. The Clegane bowl was pretty sweet. It lived up to my expectations. The Golden Company was a waste. Lastly, Jaime and Cersei's death was pretty anticlimactic for me.

#556 4 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

So they have us root for Dany the entire series just to have her go postal and kill half a million innocent people in the penultimate episode.

Innocent people ? Kill Em All !!!

FB_IMG_1557724513328 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1557724513328 (resized).jpg
#557 4 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

Lastly, Jaime and Cersei's death was pretty anticlimactic for me.

And Varys death? Total waste.

I basically am thinking of HBO GoT like Donald Sutherland in invasion of the Body Snatchers. It's doing all the right things for a long time, then there's a little break and you see him and aren't quite sure if everything's okay (S08 Ep 1-3), then he turns and does the alien shriek to show he's been snatched. These last two episodes have been the shriek. Pretty sure there's no good ending or even good bad ending for any of this in the HBO version. It's just stupid fanfic-level writing.

#558 4 years ago

I dunno; i thought it was pretty sweet. And despite what some of you may believe; GRRM did lead the direction of how the outcome is. Granted, he will make it a bit more detailed if/when he finished the books.

That said; Daenerys always said she didn’t want to follow in the footsteps of her ancestors, and always wanted to ‘break the wheel’. I think there was one hope for her, Jon Snow. When she realized her nephew wouldn’t love her the way she wanted, and then to sit on Drogon and overlook the city her ancenstors built, with a woman whom she despised, she had no choice but to destroy everything this hatred and corruption was built from. It was a symbol of destroying her family and a big F U to Cersei. It was the perfect conclusion to her entire story; sorry some of you don’t see it that way, but that’s just like, my opinion

But, now what... I can’t see this ending with just one more episode but it must. Hopefully no cliffhangers, but i believe its going to come down to the Starks vs Daenerys’ army. Daenerys/Drogon/Unsullied/Dothraki vs Jon/Sansa/The Three Eyed Raven/The Assasin.

I don’t know what will happen, but i do predict at some point Daenerys will command Drogon to kill Jon, and Drogon refuses.

#559 4 years ago

It's interesting to note that Jamie killed the Mad King because he was going to destroy King's Landing, and his daughter does it anyway 20+ years after. We've always known that she was on the losing side of the coin toss, and now it happened.

Only thing that bothered me was that the final prophecy didn't come true in regards to Cersei. And Euron comes crawling out of the sea ready to go mano v mano?

And where the f$%^ did all of these Dethrocki and unsullied come from? I thought they were down to a handfull after the Battle with the Dead?

#560 4 years ago

Maybe this was answered but what was the significance of the Knight King taking the baby boys and turning them into ole blue eyes... did that have any real significance?

#561 4 years ago

I actually enjoyed this episode a lot more then the previous 2. Yes they rushed through Varys death just like they did the dragon last week and both were filled with holes that didn't make sense. While I think most people wanted to see Cersei killed by someone I didn't mind that they showed a scared and human side instead and tried to make the audience feel for her in the end. They have been hinting that Dany was much more the mad king then a just ruler so no one can be really surprised as she has shown several times that she will kill blindly with rage from the slightest little poke. I have been waiting for the Hound and the Mountain battle for a long time and overall felt satisfied with it even though it couldn't live up to the build up. Jamie dying and Euron getting him was fine especially since no one with know Euron did it and in spite of all of his tries to be somebody his niece sets on his thrown in the Iron islands and no one is going to remember his dumb ass.

Quoted from teekee:

Maybe this was answered but what was the significance of the Knight King taking the baby boys and turning them into ole blue eyes... did that have any real significance?

He was making the other super powered white walkers who in turn had the power to raise dead and grow his army.

#562 4 years ago

Anyone who didn't see Dany's heel turn coming obviously isn't a wrestling fan, LOL. That's been telegraphed for many seasons already, and I personally loved watching it play out. They would make us love her...then give a glimmer of madness. Then make us forget and love her again...then another glimmer. Until finally, boom. If they hadn't made us love her so much, it wouldn't have had the impact it did. This way the audience could feel the same sense of betrayal Jon, Tyrian, etc did.

I agree that I expected a more epic end for Cersei. Really wanted one of her brothers to take her out, or even one of the Stark girls. But going out with a whimper instead of a bang would be more tragic for her character, so in that way, I guess she got what she deserved. Dying among the dragon skulls was a nice touch. And who knows...maybe they/she managed to survive. We didn't actually see them dead, so horror movie rules may yet apply, LOL.

#563 4 years ago

So what is left of Westeros after this?

Winterfell - run by Starks, reasonably good shape all things considered

Iron Islands - Still a Greyjoy there, but they were never a major power to begin with

Martell - finished

Tyrell - finished

Baratheon - finished

The Vale - I guess that little shit still runs that

Lannister - not much left.

Targaryn - Dany not going to rule anything, won't be queen of ashes.

#564 4 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

Only thing that bothered me was that the final prophecy didn't come true in regards to Cersei.

The show never mentioned that she will die at the hand of her younger sibling. It just said that she would have 3 kids that all die.

Jamie mentioned that he wanted to die in the arms of the woman he loved.

GRRM’s books are not Dan and Dave’s show.

#565 4 years ago

All I can say, is that after 8 seasons, it was obvious the show would not end in the way everyone expected. It's was never going to end where everyone was all happy and holding hands.

#566 4 years ago

I liked the episode. War is not supposed to be easy or fun. I liked that vares died for no reason, that chaos erupted, that innocent was murdered. This was very gritty and dirty and nasty. Such a contrast to other battles that the show has done before. Soldiers going crazy. Jon was having trouble controlling his troops. Then Jon snow is shown killing his own man, (when Jon was stopping him from raping that girl, then he turns to kill Jon in rage.) I think that moment is when a little of jon’s Honor was tested, before that moment I don’t think he would have killed his own men, now he sees the destruction all around and gets jaded. Now he’s the man that can kill Danny, she was his queen, now she’s the enemy.

#567 4 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

He was making the other super powered white walkers who in turn had the power to raise dead and grow his army.

Ok... but the whole white walker story line seemed like a waste. We didn't need it to make GOT a great series. I mean all the build up for that? What did they do other than bring enemies together. Eliminate the whole WW story line and you would have had an even better show.

And yes I was pretty satisfied with last nights episode. Season 8 has been a bit of a downer but last night was satisfying to me for the most part. Hopefully they don't leave too many holes for the finale.

#568 4 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Ok... but the whole white walker story line seemed like a waste. We didn't need it to make GOT a great series. I mean all the build up for that? What did they do other than bring enemies together. Eliminate the whole WW story line and you would have had an even better show.
And yes I was pretty satisfied with last nights episode. Season 8 has been a bit of a downer but last night was satisfying to me for the most part. Hopefully they don't leave too many holes for the finale.

Definitely a little disappointing end to the white walkers. Seasons of build up for one not very well done episode. But I still think the wildlings and white walkers were one of the most interesting parts of the show. Hardhome was probably my favorite episode.

#569 4 years ago

so disappointing, must be saving a lot of money by not using decent script writers ....

if i had a game of thrones pinball machine i would stab it in the backbox with a large sword, throw it off a roof & then bury it under a large pile of fake stones

#570 4 years ago
Quoted from creepykenny:

so disappointing, must be saving a lot of money by not using decent script writers ....
if i had a game of thrones pinball machine i would stab it in the backbox with a large sword, throw it off a roof & then bury it under a large pile of fake stones

You seem reasonable

#571 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I don’t know what will happen, but i do predict at some point Daenerys will command Drogon to kill Jon, and Drogon refuses.

John snow may very well be impervious to the dragon flame, regardless.

Also I guess I'm leaning towards John snow kills the dragon queen next week.

I was sort of disappointed that there will now be three spin offs. I understand now why b of tarth was not consumed in the battle of winter fell. She gets a spin off... Probably. Or at least, she get in one of them.

I thought it the story was ending. It was a good episode. Next week John snow kills the dragon queen?

Maybe.

#572 4 years ago

If they don't kill the dragon queen we can expect her to get her own spin off now?

#573 4 years ago
Quoted from Azmodeus:

John snow may very well be impervious to the dragon flame, regardless.
Also I guess I'm leaning towards John snow kills the dragon queen next week.
I was sort of disappointed that there will now be three spin offs. I understand now why b of tarth was not consumed in the battle of winter fell. She gets a spin off... Probably. Or at least, she get in one of them.
I thought it the story was ending. It was a good episode. Next week John snow kills the dragon queen?
Maybe.

This - Drogon will flame Tyrion and Jon - but Jon is immune to flame. Jon won't be able to kill Danaerys so Arya will have to. He will go back to the Nights watch at the wall. The other option is Tyrion doesn't get flamed and ends up on the Throne (Davos as Hand) with Sansa to the north. Jon goes back to the wall regardless

#574 4 years ago

Jon: I am loyal to her. She is a good person. She is my queen.
You know nothing, Jon Snow.

#575 4 years ago
Quoted from Hobbypinball:

Jon goes back to the wall regardless

I don't think there is a wall any longer. The freefolk are not enemies anymore. The walkers are vanquished. The original night king was killed, there won't be any more.

#576 4 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

All I can say, is that after 8 seasons, it was obvious the show would not end in the way everyone expected. It's was never going to end where everyone was all happy and holding hands.

It's basically the Starks vs. Danaerys at this point. Ayria and the pale horse is obviously foreshadowing what to come. Jon and Tyerion will be executed, or try to be executed. If Danaery's is assassinated, what of her armies?

And she has the dragon. I would not be surprised to see it end with a mad Targaryn on the throne roasting a Lannister and two Starks in armor, just like what caused the whole thing to start 20 years earlier.

#577 4 years ago

The 3 things I found very weak:

1) Euron's fleet suddenly turns into storm troopers. Couldn't hit anything.

2) Euron shows up at the beach -- right when and where Jamie was. Talk about Deus ex machina!

3) Jamie takes 2 huge stabs but turns into the Energizer bunny anyway.

Oh well. I guess it's not a documentary after all. LOL

#578 4 years ago
Quoted from scottslash:

Euron's fleet suddenly turns into storm troopers. Couldn't hit anything.

Last week it seemed they all fired a bunch of arrows at the same time so it was hard for the Dragons to avoid them. However this week they decided to shoot one at a time. Good time to change your strategy.

#579 4 years ago

Last night was terrible. They are just killing everyone off to get the show over with. You can tell the fat man is not writing this shit. There is nothing creative about this at all. What a shit ending for some of these characters. The hound, Cercie, Kingslayer all deserved better endings. And, they killed the fucking dragon last week. I feel like I have been fucked over having watched this show for all these years to have it end like this. My opinion, thanks for listening.

#580 4 years ago
Quoted from Azmodeus:

If they don't kill the dragon queen we can expect her to get her own spin off now?

I think they are to be prequels

#581 4 years ago

I liked the white Walker story line. It wasnt useless. It showed that even facing certain doom people couldn't get their shit together and solve the bigger problem. I think its appropriate for a "B" villan

#582 4 years ago
Quoted from creepykenny:

Quoted from jgentry:

You seem reasonable

He is the daenerys targaryen of the pinball world.

#583 4 years ago

I would think Arya will have to steal a face to take someone out before this is over, right?

#584 4 years ago

Overall, the season needs to SLOW DOWN. I love the show but my main problem in season 8 is that they are trying to do so much
and it's taking away from the beauty of what makes the show so special - character progression.

Yesterday's episode was the epitome of this. WAY too fast. I get the mad queen play but they didn't come anywhere close
to sell it like they should. Sure we all saw it coming but it's like I missed 5 episodes and here we are.

Jaime and Cersei - are you serious? That's how you kill those two off? Talk about anticlimatic. That was my biggest disappointment
was how they ended those two. They were SO important to the show and to kill them off screen - terrible.

I really liked the mountain and hound fight. Great filming with the dragon in the background - very cool. Only way for those two
to go so I'm fine with that.

Ultimately I was shocked how quickly the WW story line was ended - way too short. Then I said how in the world is Cersei even
going to come close as a threat and then the writers decided to make the characters brain dead in the next episode, losing a
dragon and making them seem weak. I said OK, this could be interesting but they returned to form this episode and literally
just lit the place up (like they should have done the episode before).

Here's how they redeem themselves - DON"T have Jon kill the dragon queen and take the crown. Don't make this show end so on the nose
I'm hoping Jon gets killed.

I still love the show - I just want them to slow it down. They built up so much and the conclusions just aren't satisfying for me yet
Still have a great experience with no regrets.

#585 4 years ago

I have enjoyed the show and the original story by GRRM was fantastic. The books are a hell of a slog though and even he was dragging it out and repeating himself. Now that the show is on its own its really starting to show. Still good fun and a spectacle but man the writing has gone off a cliff.

#586 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

And Varys death? Total waste.
I basically am thinking of HBO GoT like Donald Sutherland in invasion of the Body Snatchers. It's doing all the right things for a long time, then there's a little break and you see him and aren't quite sure if everything's okay (S08 Ep 1-3), then he turns and does the alien shriek to show he's been snatched. These last two episodes have been the shriek. Pretty sure there's no good ending or even good bad ending for any of this in the HBO version. It's just stupid fanfic-level writing.

this is where I'm at. I have totally stopped caring about any of the characters who are still alive. Character deaths, good or bad, have to mean something, otherwise they are just there to shock. THis always ends up ringing hollow.

First, they completely blow off the white walkers, then wipe out one of the dragons *just like that*. That moment out of nowhere, I thought worked - but it was ultimately pointless. They did it to surprise the viewer and (sort of?) give Cersei a sense of false confidence... but did she really need it? Totally a waste, and felt very much like a "we don't have a finale planned out" plan.

All I could think of was Gov. Tarkin and the Death Star in that tower scene. ("evacuate? In our moment of triumph? I think you overestimate their chances..."). And Cersei/Jaime. WTFFF. Why would he go back to her? The baby? I guess? huh? That ended up being pointless too. Write the baby in, ok... make Jaime want to go back to her because of the baby... uh, ok I guess. Then kill them off in the most unspectacular and cowardly way (cowardly writing) possible. Her death was really lame, and I'm not clear on why they would write that scene, instead of having literally *any* character come kill Cersei. It was like they couldn't decide who should have the pleasure, and just copped out, and screw the fans. Now the show is the end of Double Dragon where you fight your brother. WTF.

I was kind of ambivalent for episodes 1-3, started really getting apathetic in episode 4, then episode 5 I suddenly started thinking about "Lost". I think I'm out.

#587 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

this is where I'm at. I have totally stopped caring about any of the characters who are still alive. Character deaths, good or bad, have to mean something, otherwise they are just there to shock. THis always ends up ringing hollow.
First, they completely blow off the white walkers, then wipe out one of the dragons *just like that*. That moment out of nowhere, I thought worked - but it was ultimately pointless. They did it to surprise the viewer and (sort of?) give Cersei a sense of false confidence... but did she really need it? Totally a waste, and felt very much like a "we don't have a finale planned out" plan.
All I could think of was Gov. Tarkin and the Death Star in that tower scene. ("evacuate? In our moment of triumph? I think you overestimate their chances..."). And Cersei/Jaime. WTFFF. Why would he go back to her? The baby? I guess? huh? That ended up being pointless too. Write the baby in, ok... make Jaime want to go back to her because of the baby... uh, ok I guess. Then kill them off in the most unspectacular and cowardly way (cowardly writing) possible. Her death was really lame, and I'm not clear on why they would write that scene, instead of having literally *any* character come kill Cersei. It was like they couldn't decide who should have the pleasure, and just copped out, and screw the fans. Now the show is the end of Double Dragon where you fight your brother. WTF.
I was kind of ambivalent for episodes 1-3, started really getting apathetic in episode 4, then episode 5 I suddenly started thinking about "Lost". I think I'm out.

oh stop. you're not out. You're watching the last one next week. haha

#588 4 years ago

Another gaffe. Jamie’s hand grows back.

A36B9108-01C2-4A4A-AE7A-46B48F4AEED1 (resized).jpegA36B9108-01C2-4A4A-AE7A-46B48F4AEED1 (resized).jpeg
#589 4 years ago

Wow, what a crazy episode last night! After watching Dany take out innocent people with her fire breathing Dragon the look on Jon and Arya's faces was priceless. They clearly were disgusted by Dany's actions and now they have a reason to kill her. I see Ayra killing Dany now instead of Cersei and Jon taking the throne with the dragon in the end..

#590 4 years ago
Quoted from KoolFingers:

Another gaffe. Jamie’s hand grows back.

Perhaps he regenerates like Deadpool. He seemed to get over the wicked stab wounds pretty quickly.

#591 4 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I don't think there is a wall any longer. The freefolk are not enemies anymore. The walkers are vanquished. The original night king was killed, there won't be any more.

He'll return north.......i don't think the walkers are gone........the cycle will repeat........they'll rebuild the wall. The "Game" wills start all over again. Whether he returns to the nights watch or not......he'll definitely head North. Sansa or Tyrion or Bran will be on the Throne - not Jon.

There are the children that the Night King was converting. These weren't "dead" that were resurrected. So I'd say they didn't die when the Night King did.

The Walkers are part of the "game of thrones"........it'll all cycle again.

#592 4 years ago

My predictions. CAUTION : Contains long term spoilers.

Daenerys has become the mad queen. Flambe's Tyrion. Demands Sansa to bend the knee. Arya introduces Daenery to her leetle friend needle. End of the mad queen. Arya has a sex change and later does stunts for Chuck Norris in movies.

The Mountain digs himself out. Meets George Lucas at a party. Gets a short gig in a few movies as Darth Vader.

David Anderson a hack paleontologist on a fossil dig finds the hound's rib cage and has an idea. Later opens a chain of Famous restaurants.

The Unsullied that are left are captured by aliens from outer space. Since they can't reproduce, they are genetically altered and get jobs in another series as Jem'Hadar.

Drogon semi retires and meets up with Jackie Paper and parties with him and becomes famous in a Peter, Paul, and Mary tune. He soon tires of the gig, eats the little fat kid. And retires to Honahlee and lives a life of luxury.

John Snow and his army battle with some of the Unsullied. Later filled with remorse or all the fighting and women he loved dying. He heads north and retires with a simple life with the Wildlings. Later earning a meager living as a Free Folk ballad singer.

Sansa refuses to sit on the ash covered Iron Throne, and resides herself to ruling the north, and making Gendry her boy toy.

LTG : )

#593 4 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

I liked the white Walker story line. It wasnt useless. It showed that even facing certain doom people couldn't get their shit together and solve the bigger problem. I think its appropriate for a "B" villan

The White Walker/story line is needed for Bran......and Bran is needed as personally think he's the Lord of Light.

And also, no night king, then no need for Daenarys to go north, no need for Jon to bend the knee, she goes to kings landing, likely doesn't go mad, and overthrows Cersei - so was also needed for both Jon and Daenarys's character developement.

It would be way more boring. Plus - the babies that night king was converting.............I don't think the Night King/Walkers are gone for good.

#594 4 years ago

Really good episode. Of course it rushed a lot of things, like the rest of this season, but it hit some interesting notes.

I don't think that Dany will end up on the throne, but Jon killing her seems too on the nose. Varys did try to have one of his little birds poison her food, so the people rising up and taking her out would be a fitting end.

#595 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

My predictions. CAUTION : Contains long term spoilers.
Daenerys has become the mad queen. Flambe's Tyrion. Demands Sansa to bend the knee. Arya introduces Daenery to her leetle friend needle. End of the mad queen. Arya has a sex change and later does stunts for Chuck Norris in movies.
The Mountain digs himself out. Meets George Lucas at a party. Gets a short gig in a few movies as Darth Vader.
David Anderson a hack paleontologist on a fossil dig finds the hound's rib cage and has an idea. Later opens a chain of Famous restaurants.
The Unsullied that are left are captured by aliens from outer space. Since they can't reproduce, they are genetically altered and get jobs in another series as Jem'Hadar.
Drogon semi retires and meets up with Jackie Paper and parties with him and becomes famous in a Peter, Paul, and Mary tune. He soon tires of the gig, eats the little fat kid. And retires to Honahlee and lives a life of luxury.
John Snow and his army battle with some of the Unsullied. Later filled with remorse or all the fighting and women he loved dying. He heads north and retires with a simple life with the Wildlings. Later earning a meager living as a Free Folk ballad singer.
Sansa refuses to sit on the ash covered Iron Throne, and resides herself to ruling the north, and making Gendry her boy toy.

LLoyd are you drinking already?

#596 4 years ago
Quoted from aingide:

Really good episode. Of course it rushed a lot of things, like the rest of this season, but it hit some interesting notes.
I don't think that Dany will end up on the throne, but Jon killing her seems too on the nose. Varys did try to have one of his little birds poison her food, so the people rising up and taking her out would be a fitting end.

Arya will kill the mad queen, they were a little too cute having her ride off on a pale horse.

Jon will end up on the throne.

#597 4 years ago
Quoted from drummermike:

LLoyd are you drinking already?

Nope. Tech supporting.

#598 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Nope. Tech supporting.

If all your predictions come true, I'm buying you a Mogwai.

#599 4 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Arya will kill the mad queen, they were a little too cute having her ride off on a pale horse.
Jon will end up on the throne.

I really hope not... way too predictable!

#600 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

It was actually a lot braver to go the rout they did. They took the chance to humanize Cersei and Arya who both have been nothing more then cruel murders that they went out of their way to dehumanize the last several seasons. What did you expect more, that one of the good guys kills Cersei or that she dies scared and afraid crying for here life with nothing but fear and hopelessness under a pile of rocks much like she buried the cities former leaders? Did you expect Arya to suddenly care about random people instead of here list of people and try to save random children from the dragons fire? It was a clear attempt by the writers to make the audience feel something for some of the characters that in most cases everyone just wanted to see stabbed in the face.

There are 936 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 19.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/game-of-thrones-the-show-spoilers-ahead/page/12 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.