D6_j37IUEAY1Pp8 (resized).jpg
got1-with-circle (resized).jpg
20190519_232926 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_2019-05-20-00-12-27~2 (resized).png
Screenshot_2019-05-20-00-09-07 (resized).png
Screenshot_2019-05-20-00-09-27 (resized).png
Screenshot_2019-05-20-00-09-39 (resized).png
got22 (resized).png
There are 936 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 19.
#501 4 years ago

cant' they make a new code for the pinball game.

#502 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Where does this notion come from that since the show is set in a fantasy world details are not important?

Ok you don't get what I wanted to say so I give you one example:

Quoted from BillySastard:

If only they had something or someone that could see the past and forewarn everyone that Euron has moved the iron fleet and that every ship has a scorpion. Oh, wait. Seriously, D & D have made Bran completely worthless other than the Egon Targaryen thing.
Also, I hadn't realized that Cersi moved Kings Landing to the deserts of Dorne. Why is there no snow? It's winter. I guess details went out the window with the writing too.

Quoted from Asael:

Bran can not see everything from the past. Only things not far away from the trees with faces.

Quoted from BillySastard:

There's no weirwood trees in Dorne, so how did he see Rhaegar and Lyanna marry?

So Bran can only see things around a certain area of weirwood trees and things related to his ancestors!
I made this up, cause I don't know why he can't see what has happened in Kings Landing. And I know nobody that can explain how Brans powers are realy working cause this is a TV show, a book and fantasy. It's not the real world, GoT is not a sience, or real history. It's like a fairy tale told to us before sleeping time and you can explain everything with your own fantasy, magic and imagination. They don't have to explain every little detail. Details are not making a story real or true. The only thing that matters is how important the story becomes for you as a listener, reader or watcher and how much you get involved in the story. And I don't know an other show that gets so many people involved in the characters.

#503 4 years ago
Quoted from Asael:

Ok you don't get what I wanted to say so I give you one example:

You think because GOT has magic simple logic shouldn't apply, which many people would disagree with.
Also, Just because GOT is a "better show" than other shows does not mean they wont get called out for having a clusterfuck of ideas, sloppy editing, logical inconsistencies etc etc.

#504 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

You think because GOT has magic simple logic shouldn't apply, which many people would disagree with.
Also, Just because GOT is a "better show" than other shows does not mean they wont get called out for having a clusterfuck of ideas, sloppy editing, logical inconsistencies etc etc.

No, I don't think "because GoT has magic simple logic shouldn't apply". I think cause it's fiction, a TV show and cause it's something that should be entertaining and fun to watch it doesn't need to focus extreme on details as you guys think it should. But I can speak only for myself, it is not important for me and my question just was why you all watch this show when you can't enjoy it cause of the details? It's a TV show nothing more and there are limitations with TV shows, but for me it's still the best TV show and I can live with all those flaws and still think it's great in what it does and what it wants to be.
George R Martin killed John Snow in the books the way he did cause he lost a football bet in real life. That's why a Giant died too by the hands of a knight with a star on his shield. (NY Giants vs. Dallas Cowboys). I remember
when I read this part of the book, that I got so angry about that this character died I threw the book through the air against a wall. And that is the thing that is important for me. It is not often that fiction get me emotional and caring about characters and what happens next. There is so much talk about logic and technical details here and I still think, those things are not important to get extremly right in the details for this show. All that is important is that you care for the characters and that you want to know what will happen next. It's entertainment and not news or a sience report. I don't need a building instruction how the ballistas work and I don't need to know how the ammunation is stored. Missandre got killed, and I hate Cersei! That's what important. The first three Star War movies were great, entertaining and fun, also they were sometimes stupid in details and unlogical. Sometimes other things are more important to make a story great.

#505 4 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

I'v been saying this for awhile now. I'm not sure how they will work it out amidst all the battle & carnage about to unfold, but Jamie will be the one to kill Cerci in some personal intimate moment. And as Cerci lays there dying, he will take off his face to reveal it's actually Arya.
Full GOT shark jump. Nailed it. Haha

Jamie would have to be dead for Arya to wear his face, and most likely have to have been killed by her for that to happen.

#506 4 years ago

My least favorite character these last 2 seasons is Bran. What weak ass acting by that dude. He has a shit eating look and says a few words. He’s grown into the third eye cripple and just makes me laugh when I see scenes with his character in it.

#507 4 years ago
Quoted from Asael:

I think cause it's fiction, a TV show and cause it's something that should be entertaining and fun to watch it doesn't need to focus extreme on details

I’m amazed at people that can’t suspend belief and just enjoy the entertainment for what it is. It seems like everyone is an armchair quarterback these days, even without real experience, too many people feel like their an expert and would do better then the professionals.

I’ll agree mistakes have been made, and the quality of the show has dropped off since the end of season 5, but that doesn’t make me enjoy it less. After all I’m watching THEIR SHOW, not MY SHOW. This is how they tell the story, not how I would tell the story.

#508 4 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

I’m amazed at people that can’t suspend belief

It's suspending disbelief most people are having trouble with on GoT now. That usually happens when the writing of any show or movie goes in the toilet. If the writing is good, people will give the benefit of the doubt.

#509 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It's suspending disbelief most people are having trouble with on GoT now. That usually happens when the writing of any show or movie goes in the toilet. If the writing is good, people will give the benefit of the doubt.

Its called jumping the shark.........

What annoyed me most about the last episode was the weapon and accuracy used to take a moving dragon out of the sky from a boat a mile or so away. Not hit it just once, but twice in the same location and then a third through the throat?!?

And then the energy of said harpoon guns effectively packing more punch than a cannon in taking out half a ship with one shot. Yes its fantasy, but when you throw ALL sense of physics out the window it becomes tedious to watch.

#510 4 years ago

I’m amazed at people that can’t suspend belief and just enjoy the entertainment for what it is. It seems like everyone is an armchair quarterback these days, even without real experience, too many people feel like their an expert and would do better then the professionals.
I’ll agree mistakes have been made, and the quality of the show has dropped off since the end of season 5, but that doesn’t make me enjoy it less. After all I’m watching THEIR SHOW, not MY SHOW. This is how they tell the story, not how I would tell the story.

So people that have watched every episode are just supposed to suspend belief and enjoy whatever is put in front of them? Even though the writing has went to crap we just have to enjoy it no matter what? There are a lot of complaints this season from some of the biggest got supporters because the show is wrapping up with a giant fizzle. I still enjoy watching it but it's a shell of its former self and that's ok for people to admit. When writers are lazy and slop out episodes that make zero sense like episode 4 they deserve to hear about it. Nothing in episode 3 or 4 made sense and I refuse to suspend all belief and common sense so that I can blindly enjoy something more that honestly isn't that good.

Hopefully they finish on a good note, because if I'm being honest they are blowing it and ruining GOT for a huge number of fans.

#511 4 years ago

I’ll agree mistakes have been made, and the quality of the show has dropped off since the end of season 5, but that doesn’t make me enjoy it less. After all I’m wiatching THEIR SHOW,

This statement makes no sense.

You are basically criticizing us in one paragraph and making our point in your second paragraph.

#512 4 years ago
Quoted from Hobbypinball:

What annoyed me most about the last episode was the weapon and accuracy used to take a moving dragon out of the sky from a boat a mile or so away. Not hit it just once, but twice in the same location and then a third through the throat?!?
And then the energy of said harpoon guns effectively packing more punch than a cannon in taking out half a ship with one shot. Yes its fantasy, but when you throw ALL sense of physics out the window it becomes tedious to watch.

It's not just that, but pretty much every scene in Episode 4 was problematic. The Brienne/Jaime kiss was AWKward and out of the blue. Brienne ugly crying when he left was out of character. The Tyrion virgin thing was just a poor bridge to the Brienne/Jaime tryst later. The Dany fast-travel with troops to Kings Landing while Jon who left BEFORE her isn't at Kings Landing yet was dumb, and that whole faceoff at the King's Landing wall was riddled with problems. It also looked more like Dorne than King's Landing. Just one problem after another. Any ONE of those might be excused if everything else was excellent, but it was all badly written, badly paced, badly presented, so it leaves a bad taste in the mouth because fans of the show have experienced much, MUCH better in prior seasons when they were working off actual GRRM source. This season is almost like fanfic they decided to shoot. There's NO SUBTLETY at ALL. Every scene is just a clumsy punch in the face.

#513 4 years ago

This really annoyed me as well. Moreso the ships being obliterated by the scorpion bolts.
Force=Mass x Acceleration

Not nearly enough mass in those bolts to cause that kind of damags.

#514 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Force=Mass x Acceleration
Not nearly enough mass in those bolts to cause that kind of damags.

Exactly!!!

#515 4 years ago

I'm still enjoying it for what it is: a guilty pleasure level show with an enormous budget.

It is a bit disappointing that they took a year off and this is what we get. When the Breaking Bad team took a year off for the final season, we got a masterpiece instead.

#516 4 years ago

Spoiler mod.

SpoilerMod (resized).jpgSpoilerMod (resized).jpg
#517 4 years ago

the quality of the show has dropped off since the end of season 5, but that doesn’t make me enjoy it less.

I wish it were easier for me to take that approach. I'll still finish it out of course, but I'm not enjoying these last few seasons nearly as much.

Early in the show there was always this specific tension...when you act heroically or recklessly there are consequences, especially because there are many cunning people across the realm who will capitalize on your foolishness. Now there's just inexplicable behavior from almost every character. It's cartoonish.

#518 4 years ago

Yup. The show has definitely fallen off -- as cited ad nauseam in this thread. Many are choosing to focus on the holes. Your choice. I guess it's something to talk about. Much like Monday morning quarterbacks. Me, I'm gonna continue to sit back and enjoy. GOT is still better than lots of the fodder out there these days, and the characters are still the ones we've grown to care about. Peace.

#519 4 years ago

This show has to make HBO mad loot, why are they rushing to finish it and not go another full season?

#520 4 years ago

I still love the show, but the books are going to be so much better. (Please dont die, GRRM.)

#521 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

This show has to make HBO mad loot, why are they rushing to finish it and not go another full season?

They left out enough material in the books to cover 2-3 more seasons, but that's water under the bridge. They don't have the skills to write 2-3 more solid seasons, so they're just trying to wrap it up the best they can (which is poorly) and get out. The producers are bored and can't wait to mess up Star Wars with their production deal already set with Disney.

#522 4 years ago
Quoted from scottslash:

Yup. The show has definitely fallen off -- as cited ad nauseam in this thread. Many are choosing to focus on the holes. Your choice. I guess it's something to talk about. Much like Monday morning quarterbacks. Me, I'm gonna continue to sit back and enjoy. GOT is still better than lots of the fodder out there these days, and the characters are still the ones we've grown to care about. Peace.

Absolutely.

#523 4 years ago

After watching my wife stated "this was a filler episode wasn't it?"

Pretty much.

#525 4 years ago

Yes, the harpoon thing was ridiculous. Brand new weapon barely ever used although it was developed initially centuries before, and all of sudden it can take out any ship or dragon with 95% accuracy. Why exactly did this ever go away if it was so effective against ships? It makes a cannon ball look like a toy, lol.

#526 4 years ago
Quoted from IcePagoda:

Spoiler mod.[quoted image]

I'm going to make that mod. I did have three glasses of wine for lunch, tho, so I could change my mind.

#527 4 years ago
Quoted from IcePagoda:

Spoiler mod.[quoted image]

Bwahahahahahahahahahaha....
I'm dead.

#528 4 years ago

I’m glad that I’m not the only one that thinks the show writers did well
EBDD8E2D-95B0-46BC-ACEA-6D4C84F2E60E (resized).jpegEBDD8E2D-95B0-46BC-ACEA-6D4C84F2E60E (resized).jpeg207212E0-381B-4674-B521-468D1F3CF794 (resized).jpeg207212E0-381B-4674-B521-468D1F3CF794 (resized).jpeg

Here’s a fan made trailer for the comedy Arya and the Hound.
https://vimeo.com/334729441/d687d2215d?cjevent=4b7aa1a1728411e9837500660a1c0e14

#529 4 years ago

[quoted image][quoted image]

I would have lost all respect for Stephen King if I wasn’t so certain that some joker hacked his account.

#530 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

I would have lost all respect for Stephen King if I wasn’t so certain that some joker hacked his account.

King's well went dry years ago, he should keep his mouth shut.

The Gunslinger saga was pretty much dead after the third book and he totally crashed and burned the final.

Also; refer to his one and only movie directing credit "Maximum Overdrive"

His early stuff is disturbing and worth reading, later not so much.

#531 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Sounds like you just lost all respect for Stephen King then. How certain are you that he’s been hacked?

#532 4 years ago

Sounds like you just lost all respect for Stephen King then. How certain are you that he’s been hacked?

Since he was almost killed by a distracted driver years ago he has not been right.

#533 4 years ago

[quoted image][quoted image]

Some people will like the direction of the show. Unfortunately for the writers a much larger then normal % of the viewers are not happy. If I grabbed every tweet about how its went to crap I would have to spend the rest of my life posting them. I'm a big Stephen King fan, and yes, he really struggles to finish out a story. Most of his books fizzle at the end. The beginnings are typically awesome though.

#534 4 years ago

In the history of TV, how many "great" finales are there?

We could name a handful of the go to examples (M*A*S*H, Breaking Bad, and it even starts to get tough after that), but most leave people really empty or pissed off.

Makes me wonder just how difficult it gets, on levels we don't even comprehend.

#535 4 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

We could name a handful of the go to examples (M*A*S*H, Breaking Bad, and it even starts to get tough after that), but most leave people really empty or pissed off.

I'm expecting the finale of GOT to end like The Soprano's did, theyre gonna leave us hanging …….

#536 4 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

. If I grabbed every tweet about how its went to crap

The majority of the population dont tweet, and for those that do, it's a small percentage that tweet the most.

So if were judging by whom yells loudest is right, then by all means grab as many tweets as you like. I think Stephen's track record speaks for its self when it comes to literary works, that's why I chose those pics to repost.

(Fyi i dont use Twitter, i read them on The Chive)

#537 4 years ago

I think Stephen's track record speaks for its self when it comes to literary works, that's why I chose those pics to repost.

His track record for finishing sagas in a satisfying manner to loyal readers is fairly low.

I'll pass on Kings opinions.

#538 4 years ago

The majority of the population dont tweet, and for those that do, it's a small percentage that tweet the most.
So if were judging by whom yells loudest is right, then by all means grab as many tweets as you like. I think Stephen's track record speaks for its self when it comes to literary works, that's why I chose those pics to repost.
(Fyi i dont use Twitter, i read them on The Chive)

I'm confused, so you used Twitter to validate your opinion but when it's easily used for the opposite it's just a bunch of wind bags yelling about nothing?

Like I said, huge Stephen King fan. Read almost all of his books. His track record for selling books is very good. His track record for finishing a story close to as well as he started it is questionable at best. Anyone that argues otherwise probably isn't much of a fan of his work because they couldn't read very many with out it being noticable to some extent. I still enjoy them just like I still enjoy GOT. Doesn't mean I cant have valid criticisms of either, it also doesn't mean I'm not a fan of both.

#539 4 years ago
Quoted from nascarrey:

I'm expecting the finale of GOT to end like The Soprano's did, theyre gonna leave us hanging …….

Sopranos did NOT leave the ending open. Tony was killed. The only bone I have to pick with the way they did it is it would have been more obvious if you were seeing from Tony's perspective when it went dark instead of looking AT Tony. But I was fine with that ending. I thought they *almost* nailed it.

Breaking Bad did an amazing job finishing the show in a satisfying way, but yeah, there aren't many series that end well.

#540 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Sopranos did NOT leave the ending open. Tony was killed. The only bone I have to pick with the way they did it is it would have been more obvious if you were seeing from Tony's perspective when it went dark instead of looking AT Tony. But I was fine with that ending. I thought they *almost* nailed it.
Breaking Bad did an amazing job finishing the show in a satisfying way, but yeah, there aren't many series that end well.

I watched LOST loyally right to the end, hated what was going on the entire time, but I still watched. I've been googling the ending of LOST since the series ended trying to figure out what the fuck happened

#541 4 years ago
Quoted from nascarrey:

theyre gonna leave us hanging …….

I hope it isn't Daenerys waking up and it was all a dream and she's a simple serf in a castle.

LTG : )

#542 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I hope it isn't Daenerys waking up and it was all a dream and she's a simple serf in a castle.
LTG : )

Seriously!! ha. that's what we have to contend with sometimes.

#543 4 years ago
Quoted from nascarrey:

Agreed - best series finale ever. It was polarizing, as my wife and others I know hated it, but I thought it was creative, and 10 years later we are still talking about it, so it worked.

Quoted from PinMonk:

Sopranos did NOT leave the ending open. Tony was killed.

They did leave it open, people believe what they wanted to believe afterwards. Clearly you saw him get shot - in your mind's eye.

#544 4 years ago

I think:
Jamie will kill Euron and dies killing Cersei. Daenerys will kill Varis and many people in Kingslanding.
Jon or Tyrion, I think Tyrion, will kill mad Daenerys. Mountain and Hound will kill each other. Sansa will betray Tyrion and he will get executed.

#545 4 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

You’re right. It seems very difficult to have great finishes. I bet George RR Martin is really struggling with this. I bet he was hoping to draw from the last two seasons to finish his books but that’s out the window.

Breaking Bad had a great ending. The show Freaks and Geeks was cancelled before the end of their first season. They were able to later wrap it up with a few episodes which were outstanding. The final episode was perfect.

As far as Stephen King, he dislikes Kubrick’s Shining which was a classic. He later was able to make his own version of the Shining and it stunk. Especially the ending, which was just awful. But I have a real hard time believing that he actually likes the writing and direction of this last season.

#546 4 years ago
Quoted from Asael:

I think:
Jamie will kill Euron and dies killing Cersei. Daenerys will kill Varis and many people in Kingslanding.
Jon or Tyrion, I think Tyrion, will kill mad Daenerys. Mountain and Hound will kill each other. Sansa will betray Tyrion and he will get executed.

I think you're very close except Sansa betraying Tyrion and getting executed.

#547 4 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

I think you're very close except Sansa betraying Tyrion and getting executed.

Nah...they are getting remarried and will sit on the throne together...happily ever after.

#548 4 years ago

the wolves are going to eat everyone FTW!!!!!

#549 4 years ago

Well, that was messed up.

#550 4 years ago

Wow. Just...wow.

There are 936 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 19.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/game-of-thrones-the-show-spoilers-ahead/page/11 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.