D6_j37IUEAY1Pp8 (resized).jpg
got1-with-circle (resized).jpg
20190519_232926 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_2019-05-20-00-12-27~2 (resized).png
Screenshot_2019-05-20-00-09-07 (resized).png
Screenshot_2019-05-20-00-09-27 (resized).png
Screenshot_2019-05-20-00-09-39 (resized).png
got22 (resized).png
There are 936 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 19.
#451 4 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

Jon gives Tormund and Sam a hug, but Ghost doesn't even get a pat? I think the worst thing the show has done is kill the tie between Jon and Ghost. The two are almost inseparable in the books. Ghost is the dog that every boy dreams of having when he's a kid, but they just cast him aside like he's a red headed stepchild.
I've seen every episode prior to this season at least twice, a few of them more than that. But, I'll probably never watch S.8Ep.4 ever again. I'm happy the series is ending, D & D have run it into the shitter.

Yeah, posted elsewhere that S8E4 is a poorly paced and terribly written episode, probably the worst so far this season. It's clear they don't have the skill to land this plane without JRRM's writing.

#452 4 years ago
Quoted from Xenon75:

Yeah the ghost business is complete garbage. Why not fly around and light the fleet up from the back? How did she not see the ship's from the sky? That would make sense, and this show is quickly falling apart as we hit the end.

I was yelling, flank them, burn them fuckers to the water from behind

#453 4 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

Right? Just fly around that shit. Good lord.

#454 4 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

That, PLUS is Yara the worst leader ever that she didn't have a watch to see enemy ships approaching? They should have never gotten that close to begin with. SO many logic holes. Just bad writing, again. It's like, "this will be cool and unexpected" and they just do it with no logical setup or progression. Just like the random fighting in Dorne that came out of nowhere.

S08E04 is a strong case of deja vu all over again. The writers are lost without the books to guide them.

#455 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

That, PLUS is Yara the worst leader ever that she didn't have a watch to see enemy ships approaching?

If only they had something or someone that could see the past and forewarn everyone that Euron has moved the iron fleet and that every ship has a scorpion. Oh, wait. Seriously, D & D have made Bran completely worthless other than the Egon Targaryen thing.

Also, I hadn't realized that Cersi moved Kings Landing to the deserts of Dorne. Why is there no snow? It's winter. I guess details went out the window with the writing too.

#456 4 years ago

GoT has officially jumped the shark.
D.

#457 4 years ago

I'm hoping they have a real cool ending figured out, but are just having trouble getting to there from here in a shortened episode span.

I'm hoping. But, it's been a fun ride, even if they don't stick the landing.

#458 4 years ago

Everything about this feels too compressed. If this is all the episodes they could put together due to cost and also availability of cast, maybe they could have worked in a device to the story that conveys a lot more time passing between all these events and the weight of everything.

Oh well.

#459 4 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

If only they had something or someone that could see the past and forewarn everyone that Euron has moved the iron fleet and that every ship has a scorpion. Oh, wait. Seriously, D & D have made Bran completely worthless other than the Egon Targaryen thing.
Also, I hadn't realized that Cersi moved Kings Landing to the deserts of Dorne. Why is there no snow? It's winter. I guess details went out the window with the writing too.

Bran can not see everything from the past. Only things not far away from the trees with faces.

#460 4 years ago

I didnt know Starbucks was around back then, I wonder if it was called Starkbucks?

_cc6c8b2a-6fde-11e9-817d-3278e204c144 (resized).jpg_cc6c8b2a-6fde-11e9-817d-3278e204c144 (resized).jpg

#461 4 years ago
Quoted from Asael:

Bran can not see everything from the past. Only things not far away from the trees with faces.

There's no weirwood trees in Dorne, so how did he see Rhaegar and Lyanna marry?

#462 4 years ago
Quoted from crlush:

I didnt know Starbucks was around back then, I wonder if it was called Starkbucks?
[quoted image]

lol - that's awesome

#463 4 years ago
Quoted from crlush:

[quoted image]

That's hilarious! Was that really there in the scene? lol

#465 4 years ago

I'll throw my two cents in here on S8E4...

So how come it will take John a fortnight (2 weeks) to reach King's Landing, when it took Dani all of 30 seconds to go from Winterfell to Dragonstone by sea. This stuff bothered me at the end of season 6, but now it's like whatever, who cares if it makes sense at all.

I think its clear these writers just want to end up with a happy ending for all the beloved characters. This will make the fans happy. But will it? I say no, this is getting dumb. So Sam, Gully, Tormund & Ghost somehow managed to overcome impossible odds against death last week, just to give them a final goodbye with John before getting written off the show? They won't be shown again, so why not give them a final character arc & a glorious death last week?

What's more impactful? John making eye contact with Sam as he's overwhelmed by the dead, making the heartbreaking decision that he just can't save him as he races to the Godswood, and Sam says it's alright before being ripped to shreds.........or a simple goodbye hug & slap on the back, saying so long old friend & keep banging that Gully & popping out babies. Fan service here, plain & simple. Or the fact that they might want to do another series 10 years from now with these same actors.

John not giving Ghost one last pet before leaving was disgraceful. I don't understand that. The Jamie/Briann love twist was completely unnecessary as well.

#466 4 years ago
Quoted from pacman11:

That's hilarious! Was that really there in the scene? lol

Yeah, it's in the shot when Tormund is drunkenly talking about Jon getting murdered.

#467 4 years ago

There is no excuse for the "battle" at sea. That was ridiculous. Can't the dragons fly high enough to scout from above? They never saw the enemy ships from the air?

#468 4 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

John not giving Ghost one last pet before leaving was disgraceful.

The fact that the internet is more worked up over the wolf not getting a goodbye than the surprise death of another dragon sorta shows how "off" this episode was...

#469 4 years ago

And no one had said a word about Missandie? Grey Worm gonna go off! Maybe he will be the one to kill Cersie?

#470 4 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

And no one had said a word about Missandie? Grey Worm gonna go off! Maybe he will be the one to kill Cersie?

Next week Grey Worm will wake up in a sweat and realize that part was all a dream. No way Dany got to Cersei before Jon WHO LEFT BEFORE HER. I mean, the Iron Islands are on the opposite side of the continent from Kings Landing, but somehow Dany beat him there with TROOPS?

Interactive map to show the distances between episode locations:
http://quartermaester.info/

#471 4 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

I'm still trying to figure out how the hell they captured Missandei in the first place. She was on the ships getting wasted by huge arrows, you mean to tell me they just happened to find her and bring her in ... ha!

#472 4 years ago

Oh man, this is getting hard to watch. So many WTF moments.

Why did Dany show up so close to the castle walls with her top people and the last dragon just to ask Cersei to surrender? They were in no position to do that both literally and figuratively. They put themselves all well within range of both regular arrows and the giant scorpion bolts. Do they expect Cersei to be honorable and not kill them all right then and there?

Which leads me to Cersei. You spare Tyrion only to behead Missandei. Then you let Dany, her last Dragon, Greyworm, etc, all retreat. If you choose all out war, why the eff don't you take them all out while they are stupidly within range. Could have ended the war right then and there.

Little things that these writing hacks forget to do erode away at the characters humanity. It might not seem like a big deal that Jon does not give a goodbye hug to ghost, but I see it as not having genuine emotion. Similar to how Leia didn't hug Chewbaca after Hans death and instead hugged a stranger. George RR Martin has got to be cringing all the way to the bank as he watches these episodes. But he took a lot of money to hand over full creative control and direction of the story, so that's on him.

#473 4 years ago
Quoted from Xenon75:

Yeah the ghost business is complete garbage. Why not fly around and light the fleet up from the back? How did she not see the ship's from the sky? That would make sense, and this show is quickly falling apart as we hit the end.

Garbage writing while in a hurry.....Im watching the train wreck. Here's to the great Kig Euron! Lol....I really kind of want this. Would totally piss a lot of people off. You cant deny he had the best character entrance of any character on this show though...

#474 4 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Maybe he will be the one to kill Cersie?

Maybe. Jaime may be heading there to kill her. As are Arya and the Hound. Or even Euron when he finds out the baby isn't his and as soon as she has won, Cersie will rid herself of him.

If I were Cersie, I wouldn't plan on being around long.

LTG : )

#475 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Next week Grey Worm will wake up in a sweat and realize that part was all a dream. No way Dany got to Cersei before Jon WHO LEFT BEFORE HER. I mean, the Iron Islands are on the opposite side of the continent from Kings Landing, but somehow Dany beat him there with TROOPS?
Interactive map to show the distances between episode locations:
http://quartermaester.info/

Dany wasn’t going to the iron islands...she was going to dragonstone which is near Kings landing.

Reviews were mixed in my office so far, but a friend made a good point. People were complaining about Arya and how she killed the night king....how she made it through the dead, blah blah. Sure, they could’ve shown how she did it, but wasn’t that the point was to have utter despair as he comes up to Bran? Arya saving the day wasn’t a total surprise, but the way they did it made for exciting TV.

Im not saying the writing hasn’t taken a turn, but it’s still better than a lot of the other shit on tv, even with its flaws.

It is also amazing to me the amount of people who don’t know basic characters or background of the show. Probably 30% of the people I know that watch couldn’t identify jojen reed or euron Greyjoy, but they are the first ones to complain. Either way, I’ve mostly enjoyed the series and it will be sad to see it go.

#476 4 years ago
Quoted from Procrastinator:

Dany wasn’t going to the iron islands...she was going to dragonstone which is near Kings landing.

Okay, at least she's on the right side of the continent then, but I still don't see how she got to Kings Landing before Jon, then. It's quite a hike from Winterfell to the coast, then they lost their ships and had to hoof it to Kings Landing, while Jon had a straight shot.

#477 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Maybe. Jaime may be heading there to kill her. As are Arya and the Hound. Or even Euron when he finds out the baby isn't his and as soon as she has won, Cersie will rid herself of him.
If I were Cersie, I wouldn't plan on being around long.

The Hound is not going there to kill Cersie. His 'unfinished business' it the Mountain.

#478 4 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Nah, it's been setup for a long time for Jamie to reclaim his king slaying ways. Hes the back and forth bad guy that you sometimes like that is set up for his big redemption moment.

#479 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Okay, at least she's on the right side of the continent then, but I still don't see how she got to Kings Landing before Jon, then. It's quite a hike from Winterfell to the coast, then they lost their ships and had to hoof it to Kings Landing, while Jon had a straight shot.

I guess we’ll find out more next week.

I personally enjoyed it and am enjoying watching the series come to a close. I have a feeling Cersei will defeat Dany, even killing her. Jon Snow will ride Drogon when this happens. Who will defeat/kill Cersei? Arya, Jamie, Jon? I would like to see Sansa give the command to execute her in the end. Or, will Cersei live?

#480 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Or, will Cersei live?

Only if Maggy's prophecy is wrong.

"Aye. Queen you shall be... until there comes another, younger and more beautiful, to cast you down and take all that you hold dear."

"And when your tears have drowned you, the valonqar shall wrap his hands about your pale white throat and choke the life from you."

#481 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Only if Maggy's prophecy is wrong.
"Aye. Queen you shall be... until there comes another, younger and more beautiful, to cast you down and take all that you hold dear."
"And when your tears have drowned you, the valonqar shall wrap his hands about your pale white throat and choke the life from you."

True; and with that, I don’t think it will be Daenerys even though all signs point to that being the case. My hope for it being Sansa and giving the final command to behead Cersei could be true. They’ve made Sansa look even taller with more of a queen-like look to her this season. And since it’s taking Jon forever to get to Kings Landing, I’m sure it will be no problem for Bran & Sansa to portal in just in time to give the command

#482 4 years ago

Also enjoy seeing this come to an end (don't like prequels or sequels and don't have the patience for the books). I'd be OK with a happy ending kind of ending - which would be so weird in a show that has excelled at (almost) never giving you what you want - but doubt we'll get there completely. I think the show just ran out of steam on the villain side of things. Euron is like a scooby doo character, Cersei's conniving also seems cartoonish now, and the Night King was a straight up cartoon from the beginning. Maybe that's just me though.

Even if we're willing to say the ending has a predictable tone to it at this point, it still could go a handful of different ways, so we'll see. We need a bettin' pool.

#483 4 years ago

ALL HAIL KING EURON

#484 4 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Nah, it's been setup for a long time for Jamie to reclaim his king slaying ways. Hes the back and forth bad guy that you sometimes like that is set up for his big redemption moment.

I'v been saying this for awhile now. I'm not sure how they will work it out amidst all the battle & carnage about to unfold, but Jamie will be the one to kill Cerci in some personal intimate moment. And as Cerci lays there dying, he will take off his face to reveal it's actually Arya.

Full GOT shark jump. Nailed it. Haha

#485 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

True; and with that, I don’t think it will be Daenerys even though all signs point to that being the case. My hope for it being Sansa and giving the final command to behead Cersei could be true. They’ve made Sansa look even taller with more of a queen-like look to her this season. And since it’s taking Jon forever to get to Kings Landing, I’m sure it will be no problem for Bran & Sansa to portal in just in time to give the command

I think it's another misdirection. GRRM doesn't say it's another woman that casts Cersei down, just someone younger and more beautiful. Could be a dude.

#486 4 years ago

This year has not been my favorite. Hopefully, it will end well.

Chernobyl starts tonight on HBO!

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2019/05/new-chernobyl-mini-series-delivers-big-drama-without-nuclear-scale-hyperbole/

#487 4 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

And as Cerci lays there dying, he will take off his face to reveal it's actually Arya.

Or Jaqen H’ghar

#488 4 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

I'v been saying this for awhile now. I'm not sure how they will work it out amidst all the battle & carnage about to unfold, but Jamie will be the one to kill Cerci in some personal intimate moment. And as Cerci lays there dying, he will take off his face to reveal it's actually Arya.
Full GOT shark jump. Nailed it. Haha

Jaime: My Queen, it's good to see you again after so long.
Cersi: Did you get taken hostage again? Did they cut your feet off? Why are you so short now and how did you re-grow a new, albeit small, right hand?
Jaime: Um...

#489 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I think it's another misdirection. GRRM doesn't say it's another woman that casts Cersei down, just someone younger and more beautiful. Could be a dude.

The prophecy told by the witch in Season has all come true....

1) She wed the king instead of the prince.
2) She's be queen until comes a younger more beautiful one to cast you down & take all you hold dear. This could be Margaery, but is most likely Dani since Cerci still holds the throne.
3) She will have 3 children who shrouds will be gold. All 3 of her children are dead, and this practically guarantees she will not live to have this new baby she's carrying.
4) And in the books there's a 4th part that was left out of the show. When your tears have drowned you the Valonqar will wrap his hands around your throat to choke the life from you. Valonqar means little brother. That could mean Tyrion or Jamie, as she is the oldest sibling.

Who knows. All I know is Cerci is going to die. haha

#490 4 years ago

You know what else was stupid in this last episode?

They are standing there talking upcoming strategies, and they're like.... ok you take the remaining unsullied & I'll take the remaining Dothraki blah blah blah...

Excuse me??? Didn't we just see the entire army of Dothraki riders & Unsullied get OBLIVIATED last week against the army of the dead? I'd have to rewatch to hear exactly what was said, but I believe they stated that only half of both forces were lost in battle. Seriously???

This kind of nonsense is where you completely lose your fans.

#491 4 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

You know what else was stupid in this last episode?
They are standing there talking upcoming strategies, and they're like.... ok you take the remaining unsullied & I'll take the remaining Dothraki blah blah blah...
Excuse me??? Didn't we just see the entire army of Dothraki riders & Unsullied get OBLIVIATED last week against the army of the dead? I'd have to rewatch to hear exactly what was said, but I believe they stated that only half of both forces were lost in battle. Seriously???
This kind of nonsense is where you completely lose your fans.

They said they lost half. There was a strategy scene where they went over that. Its easy to miss, this shit is moving at light speed pace.

#492 4 years ago

I rewatched it and heard that line again about using the Dothraki and was like where were they hiding out. I remembered them being completely wiped out. And when They said that they only lost half of their army you have got to be kidding me. There was barely anyone alive at the end of the long night. It looked like they lost maybe 90% or more of their army.

#493 4 years ago

How exactly are they supposed to shoot this thing? It’s too damn tall and there is no platform to stand on. Shouldn’t they be already manned instead of everyone standing around? Where are all the bolts for reloading? Or do they just have one bolt and that’s it. It’s these little lack of details that irk me as well.

8773D7F0-59E7-4389-9D33-89E7A5B93B16 (resized).jpeg8773D7F0-59E7-4389-9D33-89E7A5B93B16 (resized).jpeg

0BA93FE7-FBF3-4FEA-BCF9-F763BA9C5E74 (resized).jpeg0BA93FE7-FBF3-4FEA-BCF9-F763BA9C5E74 (resized).jpeg
#494 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

There was barely anyone alive at the end of the long night.

You had the dead literally skulking around the inner corridors of Winterfell. There was hardly anyone left outside.

#495 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

I rewatched it and heard that line again about using the Dothraki and was like where were they hiding out. I remembered them being completely wiped out. And when They said that they only lost half of their army you have got to be kidding me. There was barely anyone alive at the end of the long night. It looked like they lost maybe 90% or more of their army.

To he fair about 10 Dothraki went running back to the keep in terror. Then you had about 10 main people that are apparently invincible and the people in the crypt so at least 50 people lived, round up to 50% and hope no one questions it lol.

#496 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

They put themselves all well within range of both regular arrows and the giant scorpion bolts. Do they expect Cersei to be honorable and not kill them all right then and there?
Which leads me to Cersei. You spare Tyrion only to behead Missandei. Then you let Dany, her last Dragon, Greyworm, etc, all retreat. If you choose all out war, why the eff don't you take them all out while they are stupidly within range. Could have ended the war right then and there.

Here is what I was talking about. Cersei could have lit up the dragon with all those scorpion bolts as he is well within their range. And Dany and her small group are well within range of the archers on the castle walls. How moronic this whole scene was. Could easily have wiped them out and ended the war. I would like to hear Benioff and Weiss explain this.

D7FD446C-D178-4320-9FDE-87DF2920BB62 (resized).jpegD7FD446C-D178-4320-9FDE-87DF2920BB62 (resized).jpeg

890164A1-B3BA-4CCB-A5BC-BAF9F6938E0F (resized).jpeg890164A1-B3BA-4CCB-A5BC-BAF9F6938E0F (resized).jpeg
#497 4 years ago

Spoilers

The North is completely out of wood & candles; that is all.

#498 4 years ago

This is a show in a fantasy world with dragons, magic and undead....but everybody is nitpicking about details. Is it perfect? No! But it's my favourite show on TV. If it's as bad as all the comments hear are making it, why do you all watch it? I still think it something we never have seen before on TV. It's one of the best TV Shows at the moment and I can't wait for the next episode.

#499 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

It’s these little lack of details that irk me as well.

Oh Kings Landing, you've changed so much over two seasons.
vmzla7cm6lw21 (resized).jpgvmzla7cm6lw21 (resized).jpg

#500 4 years ago
Quoted from Asael:

This is a show in a fantasy world with dragons, magic and undead....but everybody is nitpicking about details.

Where does this notion come from that since the show is set in a fantasy world details are not important?

Quoted from Asael:

If it's as bad as all the comments hear are making it, why do you all watch it? I still think it something we never have seen before on TV. It's one of the best TV Shows at the moment and I can't wait for the next episode.

We watch it because we've been invested in it for 8 seasons. It was a great show.

There are 936 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 19.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/game-of-thrones-the-show-spoilers-ahead/page/10?hl=metengo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.