8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_(resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider leachdude.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#45 8 years ago

I ended up going Premium on this one. It was a tough decision. Money was really not an issues as I had the cash for either and the $1600 difference is not going to buy me another pin that I want. I like what both machines have to offer, pro is fast with a bit more flow, premium has good flow, maybe not as fast with the upper PF. I do like the RGB light show as well. Also the blue winter theme was a must for me.

I also have been known to buy a pro and then upgrade later to a Premium so I decided this time lets just go Premium off the start.

They are both great games, the Premiums/LE are the complete game.

#56 8 years ago

I feel the upper playfield is an extension of the game. It does not stop the flow as your hitting the ball with a full size flipper faster then you would on a pro if you hit the ramp.

#64 8 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

Is it because it breaks the flow and slows the game down? Or is it some other reason? Real talk, because I'm on the fence.

I like you was on the fence on Pro Vs Premium. Money was not the issue. While I did play the LE to decide on my purchase and really only played the pro once (watched plenty of other people play in person and tons of videos) The pro is a much faster flow game as far as getting the ball back to your main flipper more often and quicker. Now on the premium you are adding 2 more full size flippers, I feel on the upper playfiled I can play just like the lower flipper catch,flipper pass hold a ball etc. During regular game mode upper playfield shots get you closer to the Castle mutli-ball, which is not is the pro I believe. During house mode's the upper playfield targets extend time the first time around, clear them 2 times to light the castle (or maybe it is just 1 time) hit the castle shot collect that house's castle(I'm not sure you can collect a house castle on the pro?) and then the upper playfield shots become targets for you house mode you are in and as you hit them they increase the collectible value of the house when completed. So there is much to so on the upper playfield as it is right now, I do expect more to be added like others have said.

The drop target on the ramp can be turned off as well, its not a big deal to me, I like a challenge.

The Throne is pretty cool as well, while not doing much it is cool to see you ball land on the Throne.

The light show was a big factor as well, it is awesome if you like intense led lights.

The Pro may be the easier game as well with both ramps always returning to your flipper setting up a shot. The upper playfield will send it to you from the left orbit when you exit the back not really setting you up for a shot unless you control it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Alpine, CALIFORNIA
7,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burnt Cabins, PA
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 6,395.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider leachdude.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/game-of-thrones-pro-or-premium?tu=leachdude and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.