8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_(resized).jpeg
There are 79 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 8 years ago

Looking to maybe getting Game of throne pro or premium and wanted input on what way i should go if buy one.

#2 8 years ago

Go premium I hate when people who don't spend the extra bread on the sweet one then try to convince the world pro is better because it has flow without all those horrible cool toys and extra things to do.boring :zzz:lol

#3 8 years ago

Premium= more toys to play with.

#4 8 years ago

I can only judge based on the pro since I have never played a premium. Pro was very boring on location. All you do is hit some lit lanes, start a multiball, and hit a block with some targets. Maybe it would be more interesting if I knew the rules more?

A friend of mine played a premium on location and said it was very fun. I'd spend the extra cash and go premium.

#5 8 years ago

Pro plays better IMO. Played a good amount of both and I don't own either so I don't have a horse in the race.

#6 8 years ago

Is there anyway you can play both before you decide? I think that's the best way. If not, my next question would be is space an issue for you? if you have plenty of room to add more pins, I would go Pro and use the saved cash on another game. If space is a factor, get premium. Some extra features in the game might keep it in your lineup longer. If money or space is of no concern, go LE. Haha

#7 8 years ago
Quoted from sadler28:

Maybe it would be more interesting if I knew the rules more?

Yes. If you were bored by a pro, then a premium will bore you as well. They are not THAT different.

#8 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yes. If you were bored by a pro, then a premium will bore you as well. They are not THAT different.

I agree with this ... I prefer the premium, but really, they aren't significantly different where you'd love one vs hate the other, I wouldn't think.

#9 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Is there anyway you can play both before you decide? I think that's the best way. If not, my next question would be is space an issue for you? if you have plenty of room to add more pins, I would go Pro and use the saved cash on another game. If space is a factor, get premium. Some extra features in the game might keep it in your lineup longer. If money or space is of no concern, go LE. Haha

None in my area that i know of to play but i herd such good things about the game.

#10 8 years ago

Strategically they are a bit different due to the stacked playfield multipliers on the mini PF and how you use them. Iron Throne is boring on both though

#11 8 years ago
Quoted from sk8ball:

Strategically they are a bit different due to the stacked playfield multipliers on the mini PF and how you use them. Iron Throne is boring on both though

So this is boring on either machine, really, isn't it? This machine is a pass really, it kinda reminds me of star trek rules..,
what you think keith? never heard enough call-outs at all for sure....that could be added with code, but still..

#12 8 years ago
Quoted from limelime20:

So this is boring on either machine, really, isn't it? This machine is a pass really, it kinda reminds me of star trek rules..,
what you think keith? never heard enough call-outs at all for sure....that could be added with code, but still..

I actually like the game but the fact you are funneled into IT which is awfully repetitive and linear in scoring. At least ST you can avoid the wiz modes and play 3 deep.

#13 8 years ago

Art and package - the blue Premium is beautiful...with the best art and playfield color of the 3.

Game play - the upper playfield is boring and subtracts from the overall flow, does not add, and the diverters to the mystery and upper playfield are not working correct on many Premiums/LE's....messes up the left orbit and destroys your combos.
Pro is the better playing game IMO.

#14 8 years ago

I just inboxed my pro today and what an awesome game. I'm sure the premium is great too but I'm in the category of never bring able to pay that much for a pinball machine. If money is an issue go with the pro if not, buy top of the line always.

#15 8 years ago

I'd tyoically always go for a premium, but this is one game where I'm actually leaning towards the pro.

#16 8 years ago

Wow. Talk about a split crowd. I say definitely Premium. Have played both. Bought an LE. Love it. Upper playfield and light show are outstanding. Interactive throne is nice, too. Art package is way better.

#17 8 years ago

I say play them both before you buy anything .....personally im not a fan of the pin in any model but many love it . Play them and you decide for yourself as its the only true way bc everyone will have a different opinion.

#18 8 years ago

Love my premium. So many new strategies to play with the upper playfield. Achieving Castle Multiball alone is worth the extra money for a Premium. Fun mode to accomplish. Plus I really love hitting the mystery shot when lit and watch the ball go to the throne. Can't imagine playing this game without the upper playfield and throne.

#19 8 years ago

FYI, I own a premium.

I don't like that the pro has so much going on at the kickback shot. The premium has more diverse shots with the iron throne actually being used. Dividing the mistery shot and the kickback up is a bonus to gameplay.

The upper Playfield adds game elements that just are not possible in the pro and it doesn't slow the game down if you don't flip up there. The ball return time to the left flipper is virtually the same on both games the ball travels further on the pro then it does on the premium so I don't understand how it kills flow.
image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

The added full Playfield rgb lights makes the premium one of the best light shows in pinball.

I did have to spend a hour making the rear diverter work properly. Anyone bitching about working on their pin for a hour is probably in the wrong hobby. Stern is also working on a fix for this issue, so it's not really a good argument.

Money shouldn't be an issue, take the time and save the extra if you want a premium. I say it depends on you collection size if you have many games buy a pro, it will do. But in a small collection save up for the premium you won't be disappointed.

#20 8 years ago

I own both an LE and a Pro. I normally recommend getting premium for all the features/toys, but for GOT, I enjoy the pro more. It has much better flow, less (no) issues that need to be addressed like the premium. I will probably be selling my LE soon. But the artwork is better on the LE/premium than the pros. But I like to play the games, not look at them.

#21 8 years ago

It all just depends on your personal preference. I have played the pro and I own a premium. Me personally, I enjoy the upper playfield but some people don't like it. The premium is absolutely a stunning looking game and with the RGB LEDs and the upper playfield, it just looks like a more complete game. I also am a big fan of the ball being fed interactively to the throne. The first time people see that happen when they come over and play they really get a kick out of it.

#22 8 years ago

played both . bought a pro / I Prefer the Pro

#23 8 years ago

I just realized the pro doesn't have the full color RGB on all inserts? Wow -- I see it has them for the houses (which it must for the rules) but the effects are really great when the whole playfield changes color / pulses, etc. Not saying I would get a premium/LE -just- for that, but if you're on the fence, that's certainly a consideration.

#24 8 years ago
Quoted from 2Kaulitz:

None in my area that i know of to play but i herd such good things about the game.

If you are ever up in the Philly area check out Pinball Gallery in Malvern, PA to play a Pro. I only had a few plays on it
but like you wish to also check out Prem for comparison. The Pro was fun for the short time I played on it.

#25 8 years ago

As an LE owner, I say go with the premium.

Just watch the making of GOT video on youtube...look at how much passion Dwight has for the game. This will definitely end up as one of Stern's best.

#26 8 years ago

I own a pro but shoulda got the Prem

I really enjoy playing GOTpro so I can live with it. Very fun game!

#27 8 years ago

Pro is super fast, the best combo machine ever made imho

Premium/LE is just a different game, less brutal as the pro

#28 8 years ago

I have the same question as I was getting ready to start the exact same thread.I've played the Premium but not the Pro.Space is not an issue.I guess I should just buck up and get the Premium huh?

#29 8 years ago

Pro is definitely the smoother shooter, but the premium has more going on. I have an LE and like it a lot, while I wouldn't mind owning a pro I would not give up my LE to get one. The rgb lighting and upper playfield add a lot to the game in my opinion. You would probably be happy with either.

#30 8 years ago

Buy the pro. Save 2k that only gets you an upper playfield.

#31 8 years ago
Quoted from Snowyetti:

Go premium I hate when people who don't spend the extra bread on the sweet one then try to convince the world pro is better because it has flow without all those horrible cool toys and extra things to do.boring :zzz:lol

I'm picking up my Pro tonight.

I don't believe that a few toys, extra light show, and upper pf is worth an extra 2k. To me the extra money is a couple of EMs, SS, or a System 11. Some Pros play differently enough that people might actually prefer the Pro version. GOT and AC/DC come to mind.

#32 8 years ago

A local op here actually bought a Pro to route until he got the LE, then was planning on selling the Pro and routing the LE. After our launch party, the vast majority of the players actually preferred the Pro over the LE so he sold the LE he had just bought and kept routing the Pro. I look at the GOTLE a lot like TWDLE. At first, TWDLE was a joke compared to the Pro. The left ramp was super clunky compared to the Pro, the crossbow barely passable and the rulesets were not developed for the LE features like spinner and the drop target. You basically got a lightshow for your thousands of dollars. I feel the same about GOTLE currently. The upper playfield has generic point scores as fillers and Castle MB is basically worthless. The skilled players here let it drain out of the castle on the plunge so they didn't waste their ball save time up there as progression wasn't worth the potential risk. The LE/Premium specific rules and features just are not utilized yet to make it a great game. Will they be in the future like TWDLE? Probably, who knows? For right now, the Pro to me is a great game. The playfield is stripped down, but the shots are fun and the rules require some strategy. The Premium art package looks the prettiest, but as far as gameplay goes, IMHO the Pro is more fun currently and you can save thousands by going that route.

Disclaimer: I have played both the Pro and LE numerous times, seen everything there is to see in the game currently and own neither so I have no horse in the race.

#33 8 years ago

The Upper PF on the prem is a pretty neat....but honestly it's the only thing that's better than the prem/LE.
Everything else; drop target, more awful lighting, rules of wall MB are I like better in the pro.
If monies weren't a big deal to me I might go premium.

#34 8 years ago

Create a poll.Opinions are so back and forth.
I really need to find a Pro to play before I order the Premium.

#35 8 years ago

Has anybody hit an airball straight onto the upper PF? I'm getting a few airballs in the Pro that fly over the dragon, or hit it. I just love my Pro and how fast those balls get whipping around the ramps and didn't care for the LE that much except for the light show. Wish they offered a Pro with the LE LEDs and the smooth flap of the dragon wings.

#36 8 years ago

Having played them both, I'd go with the Pro. I usually like games with an upper playfield (e.g. Shadow), but the LE just wasn't as much fun to play. There's something about the Pro version that draws me in and I end up playing it on location for hours. I wanted to like the LE more and assumed I would, but found it lacking.

If I could get the pro game in the premium cabinet, then I'd be set.

#37 8 years ago

I've played the Pro and LE a lot. I enjoy playing both. If I were to buy one, I would buy the Pro.

#38 8 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

Castle MB is basically worthless. The skilled players here let it drain out of the castle on the plunge so they didn't waste their ball save time up there as progression wasn't worth the potential risk.

I dunno, 2 million a spinner spin on top of it's base value can really add up during CMB

#39 8 years ago

Clearly it's a somewhat polarizing topic, so playing and/or watching videos will certainly help you decide which is better for you.

I will say it's worth pricing around -- I wasn't able to find much of a discount on an LE, but got a NIB premium at a great price -- about $1k over pro, not $2k. Still might not be worth it for you.

#40 8 years ago

It has maybe the most fun upper playfield of all time, code should hopefully make it more important. I like crowded feeling games and don't need every game to be balls to the wall fast with safe returns for combos, TZ and WOZ are two of my favorites, so premium all the way for me. Plenty of people are just the opposite and say every pro is better because things like drops and toys slow down the gameplay.

Edit: Downvoted for explaining what kind of games I like, why I like the premium, then saying why he might like the pro. Pro Police in full effect

#41 8 years ago
Quoted from DefaultGen:

It has maybe the most fun upper playfield of all time,

wow.

#42 8 years ago

played both. personally i like the speed of the pro, flow and the damn thing is vicious.
i love the look of the LE, unfortunately up here 12k is too much for light show and upper PF.

in the end i think both machine are nice, i guess it's up to the buyer.

#43 8 years ago
Quoted from Elevatorman:

Create a poll.Opinions are so back and forth.
I really need to find a Pro to play before I order the Premium.

There is a pro at Padavans NY in New Town. I really like it a lot. I'm in the reverse situation, i need to find a premium to play before I pull the trigger, but I have a hunch I will like the pro more.

#44 8 years ago

Thanks Pete,I'll check it out this weekend.

#45 8 years ago

I ended up going Premium on this one. It was a tough decision. Money was really not an issues as I had the cash for either and the $1600 difference is not going to buy me another pin that I want. I like what both machines have to offer, pro is fast with a bit more flow, premium has good flow, maybe not as fast with the upper PF. I do like the RGB light show as well. Also the blue winter theme was a must for me.

I also have been known to buy a pro and then upgrade later to a Premium so I decided this time lets just go Premium off the start.

They are both great games, the Premiums/LE are the complete game.

#46 8 years ago

The opinion hate is real!

#47 8 years ago
Quoted from sk8ball:

I dunno, 2 million a spinner spin on top of it's base value can really add up during CMB

He's talking about how "skilled players" play it!!! Nobody cares about ripping spinners all day on modern pins.

#48 8 years ago

I went with the premium, because I want to.

#49 8 years ago

I just posted a pro if you want one modded up. Selling off collection but a great game.

#50 8 years ago

I went with the LE personally at launch. I played the pro at expo & really enjoyed it but I felt the LE was the way to go for me personally.

Obviously the upper PF is one difference, along with the throne lock, but I personally really enjoy the massive amount of color changing inserts. It adds a really great light show element to the game (especially during blackwater multiball e.t.c.). It's got over 60 color changing inserts vs just a handful on the pro....

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Rockland, ON
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 6,395.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Boise, ID
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Advance, NC
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 79 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/game-of-thrones-pro-or-premium?hl=grimdog and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.