(Topic ID: 232899)

Game of thrones Pro or Premium? Which is better and why?

By Barakawins1

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 116 posts
  • 55 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by atum
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Double facepalm.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider luckydogg420.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#47 5 years ago

I prefer the premium. I bought NIB based on a checklist of features that I like in machines, and I didn’t play one before purchasing. The upper playfield was one of the selling features I enjoy in games, and even if this one doesn’t have perfect implementation, I enjoy it. The improved light show is unbelievable compared to the pro model. But honestly I don’t like the feel of the pro’s gameplay vs the premium because the dragon kickback shot and right orbit are implemented differently. I don’t like the right orbit/VUK shots moved to the dragon. The throne not being there and the kickback trapping the ball messes me up.

I also find the premium more difficult of a game. I think this makes it better for the home environment because of lasting power. (Maybe this is also why many don’t prefer it)

No mater what one you buy it needs a shaker and colorDmD installed. The two best mods for this game hands down.

#57 5 years ago
Quoted from ejg10532626:

That's so funky!
Thanks for the note-
Freaky mode - you think the machine is malfunctioning, at first.

I set my clock off by 3 hours so that it happens around 9pm. There’s more chance of someone getting it that way.

#65 5 years ago
Quoted from sckurk:

Seems pretty evenly split. Maybe add a poll?

What’s even more interesting to me, is that when the game was released most people argued that the pro was by far a superior game over the premium because of the flow. I find as the years go on, more people understand the nuances in the rules, and the differences between the two versions. Increasingly I’ve noticed more support for the premium/LE as the preferred choice for more skilled players. (Not trying to say Pro supporters are worse players.)

My thought with this game is that it will receive another code update after the show is completed. I don’t expect much with a code update, but I do hope it is enough to give this game it’s deserved refinement. At that time I believe the premium/LE games will be the ones people look for and keep in their collection. We’ve seen some games get incredible improvements with their final code updates and I just have a feeling that game of thrones won’t disappoint.

#66 5 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Avoiding the Pro's artwork (and Premium's too IMHO) is more than reason enough to pay the extra $ for an LE. The additional Premium/LE features are a bonus.

I have a premium, and I agree totally that the LE has a better art package, but I couldn’t justify the price difference

#73 5 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

Whats the orbit issue??? This is on the list of machines I hope to acquire one day... Mind you one day might be like 5 years from now.

It’s a simple fix done to a mounting plate for a diverter. They should be all fixed by the time you get your hands on one. Lol.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Collegeville, PA
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6,395.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

9,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pittsford, NY
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
Rockland, ON
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

7,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider luckydogg420.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/game-of-thrones-pro-or-premium-which-is-better-and-why?tu=luckydogg420 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.