(Topic ID: 232899)

Game of thrones Pro or Premium? Which is better and why?

By Barakawins1

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 116 posts
  • 55 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by atum
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Double facepalm.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Eskaybee.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#15 5 years ago

Pro:
Best flow in pinball. Fast & Fun. It’s only drawback is a pretty major scoring exploit that is easy to get (easier than playing HOTK IMO). It can be fixed in settings but that gimps houses Baratheon and Stark which are already weak houses.

Premium/LE:
The scoring exploit is much harder to trigger on the prem, I ‘think’ the houses may be slightly more balanced on the prem. The light show and is great and whether you go prem or LE, the art blows the pro out of the water. It’s not the best for flow but still ok. The prems major drawback is the rules for the upper playfield, they don’t mesh too well with the rest of the ruleset but there is an extra multiball to go for that has little to nothing to do with the rest of the game but can be played out of sheer boredom.

All in all; both versions need some serious attention and polish in the code dept. if you want speed and flow, go pro. If you want technical and harder, go premium. Whichever you choose, the color dmd is an absolute MUST; there’s no point (other than scoring) for the dmd without the color.

#26 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Curious what settings you need to change to fix the exploit? Turn ball save off in MB?

Reduce time on winter has come multiball. I forgot the sweet spot of it, I think it was like 12 secs.

#29 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

What is the scoring exploit and how do you do it?

Stack winter has come multiball with Wall multiball. There’s 2 bugs that can be (not always) triggered during this stack. One is getting add a ball will trigger a bear endless ball saver and like a 30-60 second grace period ball saver as long as you continue draining - my advice, play with one hand and shoot for jackpots and super jps and don’t try to save balls from draining. The other exploit is if you do this as Baratheon, the pops will also award a near endless super jp boost making jackpots ridiculously high. Here’s a video of me doing it (not great quality) but check out the ball saver time and Baratheon jackpot increases.

You’ll also see in the video how much of a must the color dmd is. Best color dmd to date?

#31 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Stack winter has come multiball with Wall multiball. There’s 2 bugs that can be (not always) triggered during this stack. One is getting add a ball will trigger a bear endless ball saver and like a 30-60 second grace period ball saver as long as you continue draining - my advice, play with one hand and shoot for jackpots and super jps and don’t try to save balls from draining. The other exploit is if you do this as Baratheon, the pops will also award a near endless super jp boost making jackpots ridiculously high. Here’s a video of me doing it (not great quality) but check out the ball saver time and Baratheon jackpot increases.
You’ll also see in the video how much of a must the color dmd is. Best color dmd to date?

To add to this. Easiest way to do it is play as Baratheon.
1. Clear drops for LOL ball save
2. Qualify Greyjoy
3. Use Greyjoy shot to get one shot away from WIC
4. Clear drops to start and collect WIC at Baratheon.
5. Qualify stark.
6. Shoot Greyjoy to have one shot away from WIC
7. Shoot and collect WIC at stark ramp.
8. Collect WIC at Greyjoy.
9. Make sure Wall multiball is ready.
10. Start WIC at Lannister. Start Wall multiball. Shoot Lannister.

It is better if you play one black water multiball first and complete 2 easy modes so you can boost your pf multiplier to 5x during the scoring exploit.

This, coupled with lack of code polish, is one of the reasons I sold my pro. Love the theme and game. Dwight absolutely nailed the ruleset on this game. It just needs cleanup.

EDIT: I also believe some of the bugs in this stack are due to consistently getting jackpots. So if you’re not triggering jackpots, the ball saver time will reduce like normal. So it is a bit skill based.

#37 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Thx. I will without a doubt never be able to do that. Lol

Takes practice for sure. But once you get it, it’s easier than getting to HOTK (on the pro model). I’ve never done it on the premium model (haven’t had many opportunities) but Keith Elwin did.

6 months later
#113 4 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

I just finished playing with the new code. Not sure if this is new or not. You can adjust GI, Flashers, and Inserts. Each of those has 2 adjustments, Brightness 0-100%, and Max LED brightness 0-255. So a total of 6 different adjustments. There's also adjustments for the backbox brightness.

That’s awesome! It’s not a new feature to spike but sure is to GOT.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
6,575 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Wayne, IN
Machine - For Sale
Advance, NC
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6,395.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Alpine, CALIFORNIA
$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Eskaybee.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/game-of-thrones-pro-or-premium-which-is-better-and-why?tu=Eskaybee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.