i-d20729cf9e0d847cadd13df24cc9eedc-rodney-dangerfield-picture-01.jpg
Untitled.jpg
image.jpg
bitch_bitch_bitch.jpg
Karateka.png
gear.gif
49622656.jpg
technicaldifficulties.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 8 years ago

Feed is down.

#31 8 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

It has some nice flow, but I worry that the upper playfield on the premium/LE will have a negative impact in this regard.

Exactly. It will. This can't be denied. So if a fast pin with great flow is your priority, the pro is going to be the way to go.

#45 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I will say this though, to echo my comment from the other thread: being able to skip the video mode is cool, because it looks dull and video modes in pinball are by and large lame, but why even do it at all if you can just skip it? Just exactly speak to their confidence in it. I would have just left it out, no one would have noticed or cared. Oh well, not a huge deal, just seems odd to make something that most people are going to just always skip. Or at least I know I would.

I'm with you, but I actually think that your statement about most people will just be skipping it may be wrong. I base this solely on a poll that was posted here about video modes. Much to my surprise, most people were actually in favor of bringing back a video mode.

Edit: here is the poll, and it's not even close. 62% want a video brought back (HELL YEAH!) and only 25% say no. 13% say sure, as long as you can cancel it.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bring-back-video-modes

#52 8 years ago

Back up!

#54 8 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Poll results are skewed by the type of person who chooses to click on a thread called "bring back video modes." I dislike most video modes, no interest in reading that thread.

I don't disagree with that, it's far from a scientific poll obviously. That said, I was still surprised that the results were skewed that much in favor of bringing back video modes

#69 8 years ago
Quoted from GravitaR:

I had to stop watching the live stream due to Jody's obnoxiousness.
Game definitely has flow and looked more code complete than the recent releases at launch.
Watching S.R. play his game with enthusiasm was fun to witness.
Game will be AFM like in scoring unless changes are made to values. Good to see.

Well said, I agree with all of this. Especially the first sentence.

#74 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

The other thing I'm kinda torn on is the Elvira oooh jackpot callout. It's cool to throw in a Scared Stiff easter egg, but it felt out of place.

lol

Not in the game.

#82 8 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Yeah, for $5 grand and up I don't need a guy taking the spotlight and idiotic hulk vs Optimus pf blocks while trying to see game play.
I'm all for having a blast, but there's a time and a place. Pre-release intro video ain't it.

Actually I think it was George Gomez that was doing that.

#122 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Oh is it? That would make a lot more sense.
I dunno man, I'm getting old I guess, this whole donate to people live streaming games thing just holds zero interest for me. I thought it was very cool of Stern to get them in there, don't get me wrong, but I'm not going to tune in to watch them BS and play pinball and give them money.
More power to them for making it work though, not at hater, just kind of don't get the appeal I guess. But beyond that I obviously haven't watched it before, and didn't know they had that call as part of their stream and not the game!

It was actually pretty obvious, so I'm guessing you didn't watch it very long.

Stern doing this was a great idea! Watching Steve Ritchie play his own pin, and explain some of the rules was cool.

I hope they make this a regular thing with their new releases. Not sure why the need to criticize the money/donation part, when that was totally optional and not in any way required to see the broadcast. I have zero problem with it, and in fact, if it makes it more likely that we will see these broadcasts of new Stern pins in the future, I might consider donating myself...like Iceman44 and others from this forum did.

#131 8 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

Thanks to everyone who watched tonight! Those of you that stuck around, all the love.
R. I. P. The patience of the Internet...

Great job Jack. Ton's of fun watching this, and you killed it with that score over a billion.

Really hope to see you do more of these with new Stern releases, including the LE or Premium version of GOT (since it's so different than the pro with the mini PF).

Thanks again.

#185 8 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Take TWD for example. It's a pretty fast game. Would a physical ball lock in the prison toy slow the game down? Yes. Would the game be more enjoyable and provide more value though? Absolutely.

Ridiculous.

#215 8 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

My favorite part of the stream was when Ritchie tricked JD into trying to backhand the right orbit and made him drain.

And he finished it off by laughing and saying "do you believe everything you're told?"

#258 8 years ago
Quoted from Chet:

The IM Monger is a very well designed mechanism for a pinball machine. I don't believe they have done anything like that since.

Agreed. But if they did, Pinside would just bash it as a "retread from IM" and complain how they never do anything new.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/game-of-thrones-pro-gameplay-live?tu=robt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.