i-d20729cf9e0d847cadd13df24cc9eedc-rodney-dangerfield-picture-01.jpg
Untitled.jpg
image.jpg
bitch_bitch_bitch.jpg
Karateka.png
gear.gif
49622656.jpg
technicaldifficulties.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rai.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#91 8 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

My two worries are 1. Upper Play field affect on game play and that damn soundtrack playing over and over. My coworker made me turn it off because she was getting annoyed by it already.
Guess I will have to see and play at expo and then see what the LE/Prem add or detract. Right now I dont seem to care much either way. Nothing blowing my mind and making jump any hype trains.
I have to believe its not just me and that Stern fans like myself have enough games that play the same. Just changing theme is not enough anymore. I hope some design changes can be implemented in new games or some of us will just have enough of the same old to not want more.

Exactly.

#93 8 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

I bet he's frequently glad to be partially deaf.

These guys, now I know they never made a guy version of 'The View' it's brutal, guess they're trying too hard to be witty or entertaining but seriously these guys are givin us pinball geeks a bad name.

#187 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

I'm kind of surprised that everyone is so positive, mainly because everyone is saying how fast it is and how much it flows... to me, it's fast because there's not much there besides lanes and ramps to shoot! I guess the combination of the code is what is making it appealing, and I get that, as IM to me is all about the code (but it has more on the playfield like the pop up monger and whiplash magnet, for example).
And this is not a bash post, only an observation on this game and it's reception. Goes to show that Stern can indeed strip down a game and get "oh yeah, looks great!" from the pinball crowd. There is certainly zero incentive for stern to spend significant money on new toys and gadgets given this.

I could have predicted it would flow great with 70% of the shots being ramps or loops. Reminds me of Predator pin in some stripped down bizarro world.

#231 8 years ago
Quoted from pinballophobe:

For sure STLE has over GoTLE
- shaker motor
- side cab lights
- playfield ornaments
GoTLE over STLE
- hand drawn art
- upper play field.
- cooler features (sword lock, flapping dragon vs shaking vengence, door ram, iron throne VUK.

PF art on GOT looks not good.

STLE you forgot about half the features:

-Laser star field projection: if you haven't seen it (especially with black-out mod) you don't know how cool it is. Not the best feature in the world, but worth a mention in the features.

-Etched lighted side rails (this is the best lighted side rails to date) (this alone makes STLE stand out).

-Side head emblems (lighted) also nice feature (not the best in the world but nicer than the side head on GOT).

-Interactive Vengeance toy that both reacts to the hits as well as crashing effect (not sure about the Dragon on GOTLE probably a wash).

-Shaker (most will add this as a $150 addition on GOT LE)

-lighted speakers

-color changing lighted apron

-third ramp (with chase lights)

------------

I know the PF features on STLE do not equal that on GOT LE, but the extra bling on STLE (shaker, head emblems, LIGHTED side rails, Friken Laser) all seem to be head and shoulders above the bling you get on GOT LE. This is why I think the GOT premium would be the one to get. The only thing noteworthy on GOT LE is the etched side rails.

frickin-laser-beams.jpgfrickin-laser-beams.jpg

#233 8 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

Doesn't GOT LE also have laser etched side rails? Dragons or something?

I don't know what if anything is etched, I mean if it was a laser or what who cares. I said Laser Star Field and Lighted side cabinets (inside and out as well as lighted head emblems. On the GOT Premium the only thing you are missing is the art (no big loss) and the side armor (on GOT it does look kind of cool, but no where near as cool as the side armor on STLE

Does GOT have lighted side rails that are projected both inside and outside of the game? I don't even think GOT side rails are lighted. This is a big difference, it costs not a lot to etch the side rails but they put a good bit of lights in STLE the best attract mode in pinball.

#236 8 years ago

Yes as far as I know GOT LE's side rails are lighted in red. I don't know about inside the cab though? There probably wouldn't be enough space with all the cool shit crammed in there.

no lights (zero) they are painted red. Still cool don't get me wrong, but I'm just contrasting, STLE is the bling king.

#238 8 years ago

Oh yeah I think you're right they are just painted on
I do agree there's nothing blingier then STLE

Heck, I agree. I have not really got into STLE (I'm not a heavy duty player), you might even call me a collector first and player second. So, I can not say ST is the best player. It's fun, but I'm not sure of the rules really.

But when people come over it's the sharpest looking game. Full color inserts, color changing lights in the apron and the lights on the side emblems as well as the laser and the lights on the side rails both inside and out. Really nice looking package to me.

#242 8 years ago

I can't say much about the rules, they're probably fine. But to me having the stupid sword fighting game is bad. I guess some will like it, bit I've played games IJ, STTNG, T2 BSD and others with video modes and while they are a novelty they're not something I like or care about. I'd probably skip it, but I can see how some people especially new players might find it ok.

Also slot machine or spinner reward (I know it's a pinball machine so it's hokey or dumb, not as if you are actually in the movie). I'll go to Liar's dice in Potc, or Medals in ST. But both those examples are valid. I mean pirates do play that game and it's fine, and in ST you can see how people get medals based on how they fight or do in actual combat or a simulation.

But I fail to see how hitting pop bumpers in GOT and spinning a wheel of slot machine reels (I can't recall how it works) but that just doesn't fit the game for me.

While I'm sure the video mode and the spinning reward will be looked as a positive by a lot. For this one pinside for if I get a vote they're both not great.

Doesn't mean I won't buy one, but it's less likely (to me) based on those few quibbles.

#243 8 years ago
Quoted from Plungemaster:

Well, not me. I think Iron Man is fun, but that big toy makes the game interesting and challenging. Something got does not have.

I'll take this guy (plus magnets and three spinners) over a static dragon, IMO

image.jpgimage.jpg

#251 8 years ago
Quoted from Chet:

The IM Monger is a very well designed mechanism for a pinball machine. I don't believe they have done anything like that since.

That's so funny as IM was downplayed at the time because it was cheap stripped down game, I think maybe it was also due to peg legs and plastic apron and new latch lock and other things, but it has to have about the same BOM as AcDc or Tron or TWD or ST pro.

Heck Tron comes with a $10 (looking) arcade placeholder and AcDc has a plastic covered cannon (which looks like it would cost $4 for the plastic cover). I don't see any of those type of cheap-o things on IM and while Met pro seems to be the poster boy for a full value pro in this day and age it has zero spinners compared to 3 spinners on IM. Not saying that spinners are expensive but you have to wonder why Stern removed them from the pro and didn't even put them in the Met LED pro (where they upgraded the bell on AcDc led pro)

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6,395.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 109.99
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Raleigh, NC
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Collegeville, PA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rai.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/game-of-thrones-pro-gameplay-live?tu=rai and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.