i-d20729cf9e0d847cadd13df24cc9eedc-rodney-dangerfield-picture-01.jpg
Untitled.jpg
image.jpg
bitch_bitch_bitch.jpg
Karateka.png
gear.gif
49622656.jpg
technicaldifficulties.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider miamiredskin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#14 8 years ago

I'm sure Stern's factory doesn't have the speed and consistency that Jack's studio has. Live or not, I'll be looking forward to viewing the videos and seeing how the game play's as well as hearing from Steve on the rules.

#175 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

I'm kind of surprised that everyone is so positive, mainly because everyone is saying how fast it is and how much it flows... to me, it's fast because there's not much there besides lanes and ramps to shoot! I guess the combination of the code is what is making it appealing, and I get that, as IM to me is all about the code (but it has more on the playfield like the pop up monger and whiplash magnet, for example).
And this is not a bash post, only an observation on this game and it's reception. Goes to show that Stern can indeed strip down a game and get "oh yeah, looks great!" from the pinball crowd. There is certainly zero incentive for stern to spend significant money on new toys and gadgets given this.

I agree - I am really considering this game to fill one open spot I have but the game just looked so deserted. I guess the main toy/gimmick would be the dragon but it didn't really do anything (hopefully this changes). I had higher expectations for the "battering ram" and while the game does play fast, I don't know if there's enough there for me to pull the trigger...

#260 8 years ago
Quoted from DefaultGen:

IM's playfield looks empty and wide open due to far back shots, but 2 magnets, 3 spinners, a motorized bash toy, and the kickback is still some more stuff than GOT Pro. GOT has similar features but loses things that affect play (magnets, spinners, bash toy motor) in favor of things that don't affect play (sword lock toy and dragon toy).
"This doesn't look like $6000 worth of pinball" is totally different from "This doesn't look like fun pinball". A game with nothing but some drop targets and pop bumpers can be very fun, but if Stern showed us that we'd still all say "Wait, look at all this stuff we got on less expensive games just a couple years ago".

I agree - if there was just one larger gimmick or toy, I would be instantly in from what I saw on stream. It has aspects of both BBH & IM without the extra gimmick that really make those games (the Iron Monger or deer going across the playfield). If this had a motorized Wall or something more substantial, I would be happy and send in money.

Flow is great but I am a sucker for gimmicks and toys, especially in my home environment. I just wish it had one more thing.

#272 8 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

Good think AFM wasn't released to today's "pinball experts" - it would obviously be deemed DOA and perhaps the worse pinball machine ever made....
I mean, let's face it, the pinball Gurus here can completely evaluate a game without ever having plunged a ball.... They are THAT good.

Boiled down to me personally, it's just a "value" aspect. Not bashing the game at all, but money and space are not endless to me, so I want to buy the game that gives me the best value. It just has me re-thinking prior Sterns like Walking Dead or something instead of putting down money for GoT.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider miamiredskin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/game-of-thrones-pro-gameplay-live?tu=miamiredskin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.