i-d20729cf9e0d847cadd13df24cc9eedc-rodney-dangerfield-picture-01.jpg
Untitled.jpg
image.jpg
bitch_bitch_bitch.jpg
Karateka.png
gear.gif
49622656.jpg
technicaldifficulties.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jvspin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#96 8 years ago

Game looks fast and fun to shoot. Disappointed they went back to ripping video for DMD animations, never liked those. Underwhelmed by the animated dragon. Looking forward to putting some quarters into it.

#114 8 years ago
Quoted from Kineticross:

Personally I'd love a video of this game without the commentary. While I believe the main theme can become repetitive, it's nowhere near as annoying as TSPP's constant barrage of "wacky" music. Plus there's some really good callouts here, you gotta love the start of Blackwater Multiball.

I thought the video did a great job of letting us see how the game plays and I enjoyed the interaction between the players. It was fun seeing Steve and listening to his comments.

Many thanks to the people who put it together.

#119 8 years ago
Quoted from Kineticross:

Just remember it could be worse. You could have three obnoxious people who were just hired as PR and know nothing about the actual pinball machine host it, with no Steve Ritchie or Greg Freres in sight. That would be horrendous.

Absolutely. I also appreciate that those guys could actually play pinball and put the machine through its paces.

#201 8 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

I disagree.
Tron and Iron Man aren't exactly loaded...and they are incredibly fun

If money is no object and space isn't an issue, sure, buy them all. Tron and IM are fun but not "incredibly fun" to me. To each his own.

I find most of the recent offerings good enough to play at a friends house or put some quarters in on location, but not good enough to supplant games in my collection that I find more creative and more fun for much less $$.

#206 8 years ago
Quoted from pinballcorpse:

Of course we all know it's relative, but he's right: bigger scores are (psychosomatically) more fun.
I did catch the SJP sequence on GoT that seemed to pay tribute to The Getaway SJP sequence.

When newbies play my machines, they're often excited to tell me they got say 2 million on Shrek, for example, and want to know if it's a good score.

I can only imagine if they're playing on location how exciting it would be to get 10 billion on something. Time for manufacturers to start the score inflation race. First one to a trillion wins.

#208 8 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

My favorite part of the stream was when Ritchie tricked JD into trying to backhand the right orbit and made him drain.

Then teased him for listening.

#217 8 years ago

Drop targets and a spinner. Art on the speaker panel. Flapping dragon wings and physical ball lock.

#255 8 years ago

I find it a little amusing to see people holding up one stripped down game as an example to put down another stripped down game.

#269 8 years ago
Quoted from DefaultGen:

Has a motorized target bank with a drop behind it, animated UFO, and 4 animated aliens Even the "simple" games GOT pro is compared here to can't compete with it on price tag to lack of toys and features driven by solenoids and motors.

Also has a strobe light, three ramps (one with a diverter to lock balls) and two diverters to open up the orbits.

Though it has quite a bit more going on than GOT pro, I agree with Lowepg that it is a relatively stripped down game compared to many others like TZ and TSPP.

To me, playfield layout accounts for maybe 40% of a game's success. For AFM the playfield layout is okay, but it's the sound, humor, DMD animations, rules and art that make the entire package one of the all time best IMO.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jvspin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/game-of-thrones-pro-gameplay-live?tu=jvspin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.