i-d20729cf9e0d847cadd13df24cc9eedc-rodney-dangerfield-picture-01.jpg
Untitled.jpg
image.jpg
bitch_bitch_bitch.jpg
Karateka.png
gear.gif
49622656.jpg
technicaldifficulties.jpg

There are 299 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 6.
#251 8 years ago
Quoted from Chet:

The IM Monger is a very well designed mechanism for a pinball machine. I don't believe they have done anything like that since.

That's so funny as IM was downplayed at the time because it was cheap stripped down game, I think maybe it was also due to peg legs and plastic apron and new latch lock and other things, but it has to have about the same BOM as AcDc or Tron or TWD or ST pro.

Heck Tron comes with a $10 (looking) arcade placeholder and AcDc has a plastic covered cannon (which looks like it would cost $4 for the plastic cover). I don't see any of those type of cheap-o things on IM and while Met pro seems to be the poster boy for a full value pro in this day and age it has zero spinners compared to 3 spinners on IM. Not saying that spinners are expensive but you have to wonder why Stern removed them from the pro and didn't even put them in the Met LED pro (where they upgraded the bell on AcDc led pro)

#252 8 years ago
Quoted from rai:

That's so funny as IM was downplayed at the time because it was cheap stripped down game, I think maybe it was also due to peg legs and plastic apron and new latch lock and other things, but it has to have about the same BOM as AcDc or Tron or TWD or ST pro.

That's exactly why I mentioned IM, because when it was released we had a lot of the same "stripped down" and "bare playfield" comments about it and it turned out to be a great pin. So same thing could happen with GOT pro?

#253 8 years ago

I think I missed the day in marketing class where they told you to comment on your perspective buyer's moms, and to carry yourself in a self-important manner. Maybe that only applies to products that people are generally disappointed in?

#254 8 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

I think I missed the day in marketing class where they told you to comment on your perspective buyer's moms, and to carry yourself in a self-important manner. Maybe that only applies to products that people are generally disappointed in?

You sir, have learned to work the saxophone.

#255 8 years ago

I find it a little amusing to see people holding up one stripped down game as an example to put down another stripped down game.

#256 8 years ago

Just going to keep it simple.

I like the lighting and the game looks like fun to play. With a good ruleset it looks like it could be a good game to own. Maybe I can convince my wife to let me sell ST and pick one up since it has a dragon on it and she collect dragons

#257 8 years ago
Quoted from parabol420:

It reminds me of Stargate. In fact, the gold collecting portion also reminds me of mining for Quartz in Stargate as well.

That's a good thing, right? Getting good things from Stargate (do I keep collecting or do I cash in now?) and DrWho (which advantage shall I start with?): I think those are good choices, if they're done like in those 2 games.

#258 8 years ago
Quoted from Chet:

The IM Monger is a very well designed mechanism for a pinball machine. I don't believe they have done anything like that since.

Agreed. But if they did, Pinside would just bash it as a "retread from IM" and complain how they never do anything new.

#259 8 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

That's exactly why I mentioned IM, because when it was released we had a lot of the same "stripped down" and "bare playfield" comments about it and it turned out to be a great pin. So same thing could happen with GOT pro?

IM's playfield looks empty and wide open due to far back shots, but 2 magnets, 3 spinners, a motorized bash toy, and the kickback is still some more stuff than GOT Pro. GOT has similar features but loses things that affect play (magnets, spinners, bash toy motor) in favor of things that don't affect play (sword lock toy and dragon toy).

"This doesn't look like $6000 worth of pinball" is totally different from "This doesn't look like fun pinball". A game with nothing but some drop targets and pop bumpers can be very fun, but if Stern showed us that we'd still all say "Wait, look at all this stuff we got on less expensive games just a couple years ago".

#260 8 years ago
Quoted from DefaultGen:

IM's playfield looks empty and wide open due to far back shots, but 2 magnets, 3 spinners, a motorized bash toy, and the kickback is still some more stuff than GOT Pro. GOT has similar features but loses things that affect play (magnets, spinners, bash toy motor) in favor of things that don't affect play (sword lock toy and dragon toy).
"This doesn't look like $6000 worth of pinball" is totally different from "This doesn't look like fun pinball". A game with nothing but some drop targets and pop bumpers can be very fun, but if Stern showed us that we'd still all say "Wait, look at all this stuff we got on less expensive games just a couple years ago".

I agree - if there was just one larger gimmick or toy, I would be instantly in from what I saw on stream. It has aspects of both BBH & IM without the extra gimmick that really make those games (the Iron Monger or deer going across the playfield). If this had a motorized Wall or something more substantial, I would be happy and send in money.

Flow is great but I am a sucker for gimmicks and toys, especially in my home environment. I just wish it had one more thing.

#261 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Agreed. But if they did, Pinside would just bash it as a "retread from IM" and complain how they never do anything new.

But they did Rob.. from AP

#262 8 years ago

The game looks fun to me and that's what really matters. I'm not going to nitpick about art either. I was all set on a TWDLE, but after seeing the GOT pro play and what the rules are like I think I like this A LOT better. I especially like the RPG element where you collect gold and buy game features as you go along. Even though they are calling the code beta, it seems much further along than KISS and that's been out 4 months now.

Rob

#263 8 years ago
Quoted from someoneelse:

Who cares anyway, this is just the Pro, not the real game.

I know you are joking (the quote took out the smiley face). But it's actually kind of true given what Steve has said - the Premium/LE is like his full vision for the game. That's why I'm dissapointed that we probably won't see premiums for awhile -- not even at the Chicago Expo. They should be showing off their best stuff and convincing people like us to upgrade to the premium!

Oh well, GOT will be around awhile; I'll just have to be patient. I bought a Metallica in the meantime.

#264 8 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

Good think AFM wasn't released to today's "pinball experts" - it would obviously be deemed DOA and perhaps the worse pinball machine ever made....

I mean, let's face it, the pinball Gurus here can completely evaluate a game without ever having plunged a ball.... They are THAT good.

#265 8 years ago
Quoted from sven:

That's a good thing, right? Getting good things from Stargate (do I keep collecting or do I cash in now?) and DrWho (which advantage shall I start with?): I think those are good choices, if they're done like in those 2 games.

Definitely. I really liked that option in Stargate, do I go safe and cash in now, or try to mine some more? I was more disappointed in the wheel graphic. It looked just like Stargate's but I didnt understand how it tied in to GoT at all. I don't remember a wheel with roman numerals anywhere in the show.

#266 8 years ago

Game of Thrones PRO debutes on the European Pinball Championship this weekend.
Lyman Sheats will help set up the machine and plays the machine for the first time tomorrow thursday 1 october.
You can follow this in our livestream on 8:00 PM CEST (Brussels Timezone) via http://www.epc2015.be/livestream.aspx / Twitch epc2015
On saturday & sunday you will also be able to follow the EPC live. Hope you join in to follow Europe's largest pinball Championship. Will Lyman win, will it be Lieven Engelbeen or maybe Daniele Acciari ?

#267 8 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

Good think AFM wasn't released to today's "pinball experts" - it would obviously be deemed DOA and perhaps the worse pinball machine ever made....

Has a motorized target bank with a drop behind it, animated UFO, and 4 animated aliens Even the "simple" games GOT pro is compared here to can't compete with it on price tag to lack of toys and features driven by solenoids and motors.

#268 8 years ago

Maybe Steve was doing all those no fear callouts to subliminally remind you how much fun a fast flowing table with lack of toys can be..

#269 8 years ago
Quoted from DefaultGen:

Has a motorized target bank with a drop behind it, animated UFO, and 4 animated aliens Even the "simple" games GOT pro is compared here to can't compete with it on price tag to lack of toys and features driven by solenoids and motors.

Also has a strobe light, three ramps (one with a diverter to lock balls) and two diverters to open up the orbits.

Though it has quite a bit more going on than GOT pro, I agree with Lowepg that it is a relatively stripped down game compared to many others like TZ and TSPP.

To me, playfield layout accounts for maybe 40% of a game's success. For AFM the playfield layout is okay, but it's the sound, humor, DMD animations, rules and art that make the entire package one of the all time best IMO.

#270 8 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Even though they are calling the code beta, it seems much further along than KISS and that's been out 4 months now.
Rob

Was thinking the same thing. I really hope there is still more detail coming for KISS or it wont be staying.

Alan

#271 8 years ago

Just finished watching the replay of this. This was great, and it needs to be done more, hopefully it becomes a regular thing. I agree with others that Jody could get somewhat annoying but I am definitely going to give him a break if he was the one that was the reason that this was done.

Game looks way better than I was expecting considering how bare it looks.

#272 8 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

I mean, let's face it, the pinball Gurus here can completely evaluate a game without ever having plunged a ball.... They are THAT good.

Boiled down to me personally, it's just a "value" aspect. Not bashing the game at all, but money and space are not endless to me, so I want to buy the game that gives me the best value. It just has me re-thinking prior Sterns like Walking Dead or something instead of putting down money for GoT.

#273 8 years ago
Quoted from jellikit:

Karateka on the Apple II was awesome, get ready to fight Akuma!
Brad
Karateka.png

ebay.com link: Karateka Apple II Broaderbund CIB 1984

#275 8 years ago

First off, thanks Jack and Stern for putting this video stream together. This was a very enjoyable session to view and gave me a newfound interest in the game. It was great to see different players uncovering different aspects of the game. I really like the new scoring. Its like a return to the DE Tommy days of higher scores but not inflated scores (AFM).

It was also nice to see the designer and other Stern employees playing their creation. Well done.

After watching the video I can't help to think the rules for the LE/Premium will be very different from the PRO.
There are some impressive light shows and action in the PRO, but do they really want to have 2 models of a game with very different rules? Is this going to set a precedent for games going forward?

#276 8 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

After watching the video I can't help to think the rules for the LE/Premium will be very different from the PRO.
There are some impressive light shows and action in the PRO, but do they really want to have 2 models of a game with very different rules? Is this going to set a precedent for games going forward?

I'm very curious about that too. It seems like a real weakness of the Pro/Prem model in this case, you either have to have two pretty different code bases, or you can't really code to the features of the Prem because it will leave the Pro behind.

With Star Trek it wasn't an issue for instance, the gameplay was so similar. Even ACDC no big deal. Lower playfield was kind of a extra bonus. But this is a pretty major gameplay change between the two.

#277 8 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

LOL!!!!

#278 8 years ago

EPC UPDATE

GoT is here!
Lyman is here!
Unfortunately the game is still on 110V/60Hz and we need an update for this, because we are 220V/50Hz.
Gary Stern is on the plane to help us resolve this.
The stream will be delayed until we have this fixed tomorrow.
Sorry for this, but we will keep you updated.

#279 8 years ago
Quoted from Avatar:

EPC UPDATE
GoT is here!
Lyman is here!
Unfortunately the game is still on 110V/60Hz and we need an update for this, because we are 220V/50Hz.

Interesting.
Thanks for the update.

#280 8 years ago
Quoted from Avatar:

EPC UPDATE
GoT is here!
Lyman is here!

Nice going Stern. Gary to the rescue on his snow steed.

#281 8 years ago
Quoted from Avatar:

EPC UPDATE
GoT is here!
Lyman is here!

Give us a good live video of Whoa Nellie in the meantime!

#282 8 years ago

I see the twitch feed is running now, but it's not GOT gameplay yet. Hopefully they get it working soon.

Does anyone know if the game has been set up for 220v yet?

#283 8 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

I see the twitch feed is running now, but it's not GOT gameplay yet. Hopefully they get it working soon.
Does anyone know if the game has been set up for 220v yet?

I missed the link, who is streaming it?

#284 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I missed the link, who is streaming it?

http://www.twitch.tv/epc2015

#285 8 years ago

GoT just crapped out on them in middle of a big 4 player game??

#286 8 years ago

They had power interruption in the place and it caused the game to shut down and reboot, all the scores lost. Yikes..

#287 8 years ago

The audio's too hot. Not a fair representation of the sound package.

#288 8 years ago

Definitely overdriving the mic.

#289 8 years ago

They are going to have to do something with the constant drone of the GoT Theme music. Giving me a headache..

#290 8 years ago
Quoted from Chet:

Definitely overdriving the mic.

wow... unwatchable. The audio is overriding it like crazy making the sound useless.. and the PF video shot is only like 15% of the video window. We need to see the game people!

#291 8 years ago

I watched this some hours earlier, a friend of mine was playing. Despite the video lagging in between, this looks like a really fun game! I have to admit the playfield art was the last thing I was thinking about when watching these games, so I really think this will be a great game to play.

#292 8 years ago

The audio is crappy. But the stream seems to be better now

#294 8 years ago

Is there only one mode per house?

#295 8 years ago

I just started watching GoT since this pin was announced. The show is real cool and the gameplay on the pin looks promising. I wonder if they put in a Dinklage orgy multiball to be more consistent with the show.

#296 8 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

Is there only one mode per house?

From the live stream I was watching, looks like you can choose different battles. Is this what you meant?

#297 8 years ago
Quoted from SuperPinball:

I just started watching GoT since this pin was announced. The show is real cool and the gameplay on the pin looks promising. I wonder if they put in a Dinklage orgy multiball to be more consistent with the show.

Spoiler alert !!!!

In season 2 he suffers from erectile disfunction therefore unable to perform in large orgy. So no longer relevant to have a dinklage orgy multiball. lol

#298 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

From the live stream I was watching, looks like you can choose different battles. Is this what you meant?

I didnt watch much of the live stream, but I've never seen a Stark mode that wasn't Arya calling the names of people that she wants to kill. Likewise, I've never seen a Lannister mode that wasn't "rescue Myrcella."

Did they show stuff other than that in the new live stream? I know that as a house you can "help" another house with their mission. I think that the Greyjoys can help the Lannisters, for example.

#299 8 years ago

If you pick a house that you completed (solid lit), I think you can use it to help you in your other battle(s).
You can at least combine 2 of them.

Sorry for the sound guys, I think the game was a little too loud / speaker to close to the mic.
But you cannot complain getting 11 hours of GOT gameplay though! It took some effort from different people to get it here on time at the EPC . A lot of people were very happy it was here and available for play!

Game is fun and will be a winner.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
7,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 49.99
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
6,575 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Wayne, IN
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 96.00
Lighting - Interactive
ArcadeMade
Interactive
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Machine - For Sale
Highland, UT
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 299 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/game-of-thrones-pro-gameplay-live/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.