i-d20729cf9e0d847cadd13df24cc9eedc-rodney-dangerfield-picture-01.jpg
Untitled.jpg
image.jpg
bitch_bitch_bitch.jpg
Karateka.png
gear.gif
49622656.jpg
technicaldifficulties.jpg

There are 299 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 6.
#201 8 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

I disagree.
Tron and Iron Man aren't exactly loaded...and they are incredibly fun

If money is no object and space isn't an issue, sure, buy them all. Tron and IM are fun but not "incredibly fun" to me. To each his own.

I find most of the recent offerings good enough to play at a friends house or put some quarters in on location, but not good enough to supplant games in my collection that I find more creative and more fun for much less $$.

#202 8 years ago

Ha, just saw this part of the video:

A chatter asks Why the scores are so big on GoT...

SR's response: "More fun."

Simple as that .

#203 8 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Simple as that .

Of course we all know it's relative, but he's right: bigger scores are (psychosomatically) more fun.

I did catch the SJP sequence on GoT that seemed to pay tribute to The Getaway SJP sequence.

#204 8 years ago

One of my favorite moments was when Jack had to thank "Wet Butt Disease" for joining while he was talking to Steve Ritchie:

wet-butt-disease.pngwet-butt-disease.png

#205 8 years ago
Quoted from pinballcorpse:

Of course we all know it's relative, but he's right: bigger scores are (psychosomatically) more fun.
I did catch the SJP sequence on GoT that seemed to pay tribute to The Getaway SJP sequence.

In order to enable higher (more fun) scores I heard that Stern was using this as a prototype for its new display system.

#206 8 years ago
Quoted from pinballcorpse:

When newbies play my machines, they're often excited to tell me they got say 2 million on Shrek, for example, and want to know if it's a good score.

I can only imagine if they're playing on location how exciting it would be to get 10 billion on something. Time for manufacturers to start the score inflation race. First one to a trillion wins.

#207 8 years ago

My favorite part of the stream was when Ritchie tricked JD into trying to backhand the right orbit and made him drain.

#208 8 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

My favorite part of the stream was when Ritchie tricked JD into trying to backhand the right orbit and made him drain.

Then teased him for listening.

#209 8 years ago

1) Twitch is a great platform to preview new games! DO THIS MORE!
2) Game looks much better in the video than in the game launch pictures
3) The GoT theme on repeat is ANNOYING AS HELL
4) Really fun to watch Steve Richie playing it!!
5) Maybe Jody should sit the next one out.
6) Can't believe Gomez was banging on the speaker panel like that, that guy's outta control!

Thanks for setting this up, Dead Flip.

#210 8 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

I disagree.
Tron and Iron Man aren't exactly loaded...and they are incredibly fun.
If you're looking for older examples, I can think of dozens of games that are super-fun, but don't actually have a lot on them. (Heck, take Centaur and Fathom, for example....those are incredibly fun, but don't even have ramps! Gasp!!)
GoT looks blisteringly fast. I like what I see, and I know absolutely nothing about the show, so it's not just some inner fanboy inside me that will give the game a pass based entirely on theme.
Pete

I'll give you Tron. An outlier for sure and I'm not convinced it's AFM great. IM is loaded by comparison.

#211 8 years ago

Cookie cutter design. I agree the pro flows cuz it's got little on it to slow it down. Is that good or bad? Coding is key, as always.

#212 8 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I want to see Brittany Venti live at Stern!
» YouTube video

Very hot, but that voice - man!

#213 8 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Simple as that .

...for the scorekeepers to write down. :-p

#214 8 years ago
Quoted from jiffy:

Cookie cutter design. I agree the pro flows cuz it's got little on it to slow it down. Is that good or bad? Coding is key, as always.

When the game is shipping there will be pro owners saying how much they like their game better than the LE or premium because 'it plays faster'. It happened with ACDC and MET and won't be any different for this game. It's a silly argument I think.

Rob

#215 8 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

And he finished it off by laughing and saying "do you believe everything you're told?"

#216 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

I'm kind of surprised that everyone is so positive, mainly because everyone is saying how fast it is and how much it flows... to me, it's fast because there's not much there besides lanes and ramps to shoot! I guess the combination of the code is what is making it appealing, and I get that, as IM to me is all about the code (but it has more on the playfield like the pop up monger and whiplash magnet, for example).
And this is not a bash post, only an observation on this game and it's reception. Goes to show that Stern can indeed strip down a game and get "oh yeah, looks great!" from the pinball crowd. There is certainly zero incentive for stern to spend significant money on new toys and gadgets given this.

Yup. Stripped down and still more expensive. Dragon kick back and a captive ball (battering ram)? Anything else?

#217 8 years ago

Drop targets and a spinner. Art on the speaker panel. Flapping dragon wings and physical ball lock.

#218 8 years ago
Quoted from chessiv:

It's sad that you can only equate a "great" pinball machine to one that has tons of "stuff." Some of the best games of all time would be considered cost reduced today. AFM is a great example.

The problem isn't that it's cost reduced. It's that it's cost reduced for more money.

#219 8 years ago

Great video, I went from not interested in game at all. To, man I wish I had the extra funds for it, the beta play looks sweet, Ritchie has mad Skil.

#220 8 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

Drop targets and a spinner. Art on the speaker panel. Flapping dragon wings and physical ball lock.

I think art might be a stretch. But it does look better than the nothing on Star Trek. Ball lock seems more like a gimmick than a feature.

#221 8 years ago
Quoted from chessiv:

It's sad that you can only equate a "great" pinball machine to one that has tons of "stuff." Some of the best games of all time would be considered cost reduced today. AFM is a great example.

AFM has far more in it then GOT pro...

I don't only equate a "great" pinball machine with one that has a ton of stuff in it so please don't put words in my mouth. I'm talking about charging $5k-$8k for a new pinball machine in 2015 that doesn't offer enough to justify the price. Why were Stern games from 10 years ago coming with more and were nearly half the price? You may not see it but Stern is trying to squeeze every penny they can out of their games by using cheaper materials, offering less on the playfield and refusing to move to an LCD. Moving the power button to the back box, decals peeling off games, not offering service rails on pro's, shortening service rails on premiums / LE's, not including a topper / extra's on LE's yet selling them as add on's...ridiculous.

Look at Metallica Pro LED and then look at GOT pro...it's easier to see which game has more in it and offers the greater value. Compare ST LE to GOT LE...same thing.

#222 8 years ago

I'd like to live in a world where a 2015 dollar is the same a 2005 dollar. Sure would make the math easier.

#223 8 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I'd like to live in a world where a 2015 dollar is the same a 2005 dollar. Sure would make the math easier.

But then would you be making a 2005 wage too?

#224 8 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

AFM has far more in it then GOT pro...
I don't only equate a "great" pinball machine with one that has a ton of stuff in it so please don't put words in my mouth. I'm talking about charging $5k-$8k for a new pinball machine in 2015 that doesn't offer enough to justify the price. Why were Stern games from 10 years ago coming with more and were nearly half the price? You may not see it but Stern is trying to squeeze every penny they can out of their games by using cheaper materials, offering less on the playfield and refusing to move to an LCD. Moving the power button to the back box, decals peeling off games, not offering service rails on pro's, shortening service rails on premiums / LE's, not including a topper / extra's on LE's yet selling them as add on's...ridiculous.
Look at Metallica Pro LED and then look at GOT pro...it's easier to see which game has more in it and offers the greater value. Compare ST LE to GOT LE...same thing.

I should really wait til GoTLE comes out before comparing it to STLE

For sure STLE has over GoTLE
- shaker motor
- side cab lights
- playfield ornaments

GoTLE over STLE
- hand drawn art
- upper play field.
- cooler features (sword lock, flapping dragon vs shaking vengence, door ram, iron throne VUK.

Not sure what ppl were actaully paying vs msrp

The rgb are both crazy. But I bet the lightshow on GoTLE will be better than STLE just because it's running on the new system which is faster so better rgb changes will be better

I would say GoTLE and STLE are pretty close to the same for value. Just the value are in different places

#225 8 years ago
Quoted from pinballophobe:

- shaker motor
- side cab lights
- playfield ornaments
GoTLE over STLE
- hand drawn art
- upper play field.
- cooler features (sword lock, flapping dragon vs shaking vengence, door ram, iron throne VUK.
Not sure what ppl were actaully paying vs msrp
The rgb are both crazy. But I bet the lightshow on GoTLE will be better than STLE just because it's running on the new system which is faster so better rgb changes will be better
I would say GoTLE and STLE are pretty close to the same for value. Just the value are in different places

Playfield ornaments? What the heck are the dragon, the throne, the castle wall and battering ram and the sword lock??? I would say GOT not only has ornaments but more of them. And they do more then just light up, advantage = GOT.

#226 8 years ago

It's too bad that the days of arcades are gone and we can't just enjoy new games a couple of quarters at a time.

With games costing $5000 to own (or "invest" in), you have to justify the purchase as if you were buying a new car or a house or deciding which college to send your first born to.

#227 8 years ago

This.

#228 8 years ago

- playfield ornaments

Are you talking about the Xmas tree asteroid aluminum foil balls?

#229 8 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

Playfield ornaments? What the heck are the dragon, the throne, the castle wall and battering ram and the sword lock??? I would say GOT not only has ornaments but more of them. And they do more then just light up, advantage = GOT.

I called them cooled features which I listed GOTLE has over STLE

#230 8 years ago
Quoted from guyincognito:

It's too bad that the days of arcades are gone and we can't just enjoy new games a couple of quarters at a time.

I miss the days when rent was 1/10th of what it is now, and games were 1/3rd of what they are now.

I understand what you are saying. Same picture on both sides of the fence.

LTG : )

#231 8 years ago

- shaker motor
- side cab lights
- playfield ornaments
GoTLE over STLE
- hand drawn art
- upper play field.

PF art on GOT looks not good.

STLE you forgot about half the features:

-Laser star field projection: if you haven't seen it (especially with black-out mod) you don't know how cool it is. Not the best feature in the world, but worth a mention in the features.

-Etched lighted side rails (this is the best lighted side rails to date) (this alone makes STLE stand out).

-Side head emblems (lighted) also nice feature (not the best in the world but nicer than the side head on GOT).

-Interactive Vengeance toy that both reacts to the hits as well as crashing effect (not sure about the Dragon on GOTLE probably a wash).

-Shaker (most will add this as a $150 addition on GOT LE)

-lighted speakers

-color changing lighted apron

-third ramp (with chase lights)

------------

I know the PF features on STLE do not equal that on GOT LE, but the extra bling on STLE (shaker, head emblems, LIGHTED side rails, Friken Laser) all seem to be head and shoulders above the bling you get on GOT LE. This is why I think the GOT premium would be the one to get. The only thing noteworthy on GOT LE is the etched side rails.

frickin-laser-beams.jpgfrickin-laser-beams.jpg

#232 8 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Hand drawn art on GOT looks not good, PF art on GOT looks not good.
STLE you forgot about half the features:
-Laser star field projection: if you haven't seen it (especially with black-out mod) you don't know how cool it is. Not the best feature in the world, but worth a mention in the features.
-Etched lighted side rails (this is the best lighted side rails to date) (this alone makes STLE stand out).
-Side head emblems (lighted) also nice feature (not the best in the world but nicer than the side head on GOT).
-Interactive Vengeance toy that both reacts to the hits as well as crashing effect (not sure about the Dragon on GOTLE probably a wash).
-Shaker (most will add this as a $150 addition on GOT LE)
-Third flipper and third ramp (with chase lights)
------------
I know the PF features on STLE do not equal that on GOT LE, but the extra bling on STLE (shaker, head emblems, LIGHTED side rails, Friken Laser) all seem to be head and shoulders above the bling you get on GOT LE. This is why I think the GOT premium would be the one to get. The only thing noteworthy on GOT LE is the etched side rails.
frickin-laser-beams.jpg

Doesn't GOT LE also have laser etched side rails? Dragons or something?

#233 8 years ago

Doesn't GOT LE also have laser etched side rails? Dragons or something?

I don't know what if anything is etched, I mean if it was a laser or what who cares. I said Laser Star Field and Lighted side cabinets (inside and out as well as lighted head emblems. On the GOT Premium the only thing you are missing is the art (no big loss) and the side armor (on GOT it does look kind of cool, but no where near as cool as the side armor on STLE

Does GOT have lighted side rails that are projected both inside and outside of the game? I don't even think GOT side rails are lighted. This is a big difference, it costs not a lot to etch the side rails but they put a good bit of lights in STLE the best attract mode in pinball.

#234 8 years ago

Hard to tell in the video if the cabinet decals are peeling off

Seriously though kudos to Stern & Dead flip for the video. It's cool to see the staff playing their own game & shooting the shit.

I'm still mad the game is expensive & stripped down with lame art though

But I still love my Stern games & look forward to adding another (but not GOT)

#235 8 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I don't know what if anything is etched, I mean if it was a laser or what who cares. I said Laser Star Field and Lighted side cabinets (inside and out as well as lighted head emblems. On the GOT Premium the only thing you are missing is the art (no big loss) and the side armor (on GOT it does look kind of cool, but no where near as cool as the side armor on STLE
Does GOT have lighted side rails that are projected both inside and outside of the game? I don't even think GOT side rails are lighted. This is a big difference, it costs not a lot to etch the side rails but they put a good bit of lights in STLE the best attract mode in pinball.

Yes as far as I know GOT LE's side rails are lighted in red. I don't know about inside the cab though? There probably wouldn't be enough space with all the cool shit crammed in there.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#236 8 years ago

Yes as far as I know GOT LE's side rails are lighted in red. I don't know about inside the cab though? There probably wouldn't be enough space with all the cool shit crammed in there.

no lights (zero) they are painted red. Still cool don't get me wrong, but I'm just contrasting, STLE is the bling king.

#237 8 years ago
Quoted from rai:

no lights (zero) they are painted red. Still cool don't get me wrong, but I'm just contrasting, STLE is the bling king.

Oh yeah I think you're right they are just painted on
I do agree there's nothing blingier then STLE

#238 8 years ago

Oh yeah I think you're right they are just painted on
I do agree there's nothing blingier then STLE

Heck, I agree. I have not really got into STLE (I'm not a heavy duty player), you might even call me a collector first and player second. So, I can not say ST is the best player. It's fun, but I'm not sure of the rules really.

But when people come over it's the sharpest looking game. Full color inserts, color changing lights in the apron and the lights on the side emblems as well as the laser and the lights on the side rails both inside and out. Really nice looking package to me.

#239 8 years ago

Not much to do on the pro. Will get old fast i think.

#240 8 years ago
Quoted from Plungemaster:

Not much to do on the pro. Will get old fast i think.

People may have said the same about IM at first.

#241 8 years ago

Well, not me. I think iron man is fun, but that big toy makes the game interesting and challenging. Something got does not have.

#242 8 years ago

I can't say much about the rules, they're probably fine. But to me having the stupid sword fighting game is bad. I guess some will like it, bit I've played games IJ, STTNG, T2 BSD and others with video modes and while they are a novelty they're not something I like or care about. I'd probably skip it, but I can see how some people especially new players might find it ok.

Also slot machine or spinner reward (I know it's a pinball machine so it's hokey or dumb, not as if you are actually in the movie). I'll go to Liar's dice in Potc, or Medals in ST. But both those examples are valid. I mean pirates do play that game and it's fine, and in ST you can see how people get medals based on how they fight or do in actual combat or a simulation.

But I fail to see how hitting pop bumpers in GOT and spinning a wheel of slot machine reels (I can't recall how it works) but that just doesn't fit the game for me.

While I'm sure the video mode and the spinning reward will be looked as a positive by a lot. For this one pinside for if I get a vote they're both not great.

Doesn't mean I won't buy one, but it's less likely (to me) based on those few quibbles.

#243 8 years ago
Quoted from Plungemaster:

Well, not me. I think Iron Man is fun, but that big toy makes the game interesting and challenging. Something got does not have.

I'll take this guy (plus magnets and three spinners) over a static dragon, IMO

image.jpgimage.jpg

#244 8 years ago

Yeah, me too. Changes the whole playfield. Gives you some adrenalin pomping end boss vipe.

Got has 6 static shots, always the same outcome.

#245 8 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

I disagree.
Tron and Iron Man aren't exactly loaded...and they are incredibly fun.
If you're looking for older examples, I can think of dozens of games that are super-fun, but don't actually have a lot on them. (Heck, take Centaur and Fathom, for example....those are incredibly fun, but don't even have ramps! Gasp!!)
GoT looks blisteringly fast. I like what I see, and I know absolutely nothing about the show, so it's not just some inner fanboy inside me that will give the game a pass based entirely on theme.
Pete

I didn't want to bash, but this comparison has put me over the border...Tron has an incredible layout, cross playfield shots, rotating disc randomizer, excellent stacking modes. In Got you have two ramps (they switched places, wow, such design, much fun!!), two orbits and two kickbacks...and that's it. 6 things to shoot in every mode and every multiball, each one of them only different in name and red blobs in the beginning animation. Someone mentioned AFM - AFM with a boring fan layout (but great flow and excellent rules) uses full playfield because shots are recessed back (and has a cool two stage bash area toy) while GOT has all of them on the 2/3 of the playfield, no one notices how much those upper plastics eat the space in the playfield ? - that's why it has flow, short distances. And all of the modes seems so similar, shoot X of the Y arrows (they unlit one or two of them to make us not see the similarities), training Arya and Saving Myrcela, same frigging thing as it is. Wanna play more fun stripped pins with a cool theme, how about Black Rose? As it is High Speed seems like a better machine than GOT pure shotwise and rulewise. It took him 2 years and it's still so lacking in complexity compared to AC DC, WPT, ST or any other thing he did except T2. Very dissapointed, even if it is faaar beyond my pinball budget.

#246 8 years ago
Quoted from Ika:

lacking in complexity compared to AC DC,..., ST,...except T2

AC/DC is a five-shot-game and it's VERY close to T2 layout-wise (I like T2).
Rules on GoT seem to already be more complex on beta than ST's rules are today (I like ST).

Who cares anyway, this is just the Pro, not the real game.

#247 8 years ago

Watch Dead Flip's twitch where Gary Stern comes with some friends to play Kiss Pro. Go to the last 18 minutes. Wow does his wife seem uncomfortable with those drunkards around. Looks creeped out, I felt bad for her!

#248 8 years ago
Quoted from guyincognito:

you still can...

www.madisonpinball.com

just an hour or so from you if I remember correctly. All the newest games and only a couple quarters.

#249 8 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I'll take this guy (plus magnets and three spinners) over a static dragon, IMO
image.jpg

The IM Monger is a very well designed mechanism for a pinball machine. I don't believe they have done anything like that since.

#250 8 years ago

At what minute mark is the video mode shown?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
There are 299 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/game-of-thrones-pro-gameplay-live/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.