i-d20729cf9e0d847cadd13df24cc9eedc-rodney-dangerfield-picture-01.jpg
Untitled.jpg
image.jpg
bitch_bitch_bitch.jpg
Karateka.png
gear.gif
49622656.jpg
technicaldifficulties.jpg

There are 299 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 6.
#151 8 years ago

Great way to show the game, compared to the awful cell phone videos that generally are our first glimpse of a new machine.

The Pro looks real good.

#152 8 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

Thanks for the love!!
Subscriptions means more exposure which means more pinheads which means more demand, which means more pins.
Donations are just a way from people to show their support in a monetary fashion, to allow me to keep doing what I do 5 days a week.
I have fun playing pinball and showing it off.
If people want to hate, they can. The internet is a funny place.
<3

Yeah I should clarify - I get why I would donate and sub to YOU and the DeadFlip channel........ Kaceytron on the other hand; well I guess theres a couple big reasons...

Actually I don't think I hit the follow button... Mistakes were made. I'll be sure to do so.

I'll be lurking.

#153 8 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Really, Kiss? What was the video of? A concert? Just looking at a list of Stern releases, Star Trek was probably the last with ripped video in the DMD. Did Walking Dead have any ripped video? I know it had a ton of animations.

Iron Man & AC/DC have ripped video.

#154 8 years ago

man that guys annoying in the video. Steve looked like he was sick of him as well especially when he got in the way of the game while he was playing.

The art doesn't look as bad with the game going and the play field looks pretty fun, I'd like to see the LE game play though and how different that mini play field makes it. Dunno need to play one looks ok but at the same time looks a little generic and nothing really grabs me as it being better than average.

#155 8 years ago

The Pro light show was very impressive.

#156 8 years ago

Kiss is full of ripped video, but also 3D animations which are just being rendered like they would for a high rez game, and then crammed into 128x32 monochrome pixels. It's just ridiculous really, time for the DMD to die.

If you want to do retro style dots in full color that's fine by me. Take it up a notch and do MMR coloring (the unreleased high rez animations). Or do full video like JJP. Or do high rez animations like Heighway.

But I'm done with these red monochrome DMDs. Can't wait until the Tron ColorDMD comes out, then my DMD games will be at 100% color. I don't care that it's not period accurate, it looks incredible to me.

And best of all it's so much easier to see what's going on in the animations! Even in the games with really nice hand crafted dots it can be hard to tell sometimes. When you mash video into it like GOT it's just a blurry smear of red.

I don't mind it so much on Tron, because they cranked the contrast so high, it isolates most of the clips on black. But Spider-Man is another example of where I can't stand it. If they really do a VE and it has new animations, and they're still red dots ... that would be a giant waste.

#157 8 years ago

I enjoyed the video, Dead Flip can play and keeps his comments to a minimum and man Steve can also roll but Jody has to go, he ruined this for me. Looks fast and furious but I would rather have listened to the game, no offense.

i-d20729cf9e0d847cadd13df24cc9eedc-rodney-dangerfield-picture-01.jpgi-d20729cf9e0d847cadd13df24cc9eedc-rodney-dangerfield-picture-01.jpg

#158 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Edit: If you want to see what Twitch game streaming makes me think of, google "Brittany Venti". I'll stop going off topic now, very cool of Dead Flip to partner with Stern, was smart for both of you.

lol Brittany Venti is a very successful troll trolling trolls. Her entire persona is designed (on purpose) to be everything /b/ hates, with predictable results

#159 8 years ago
Quoted from DarthXaos:

lol Brittany Venti is a very successful troll trolling trolls. Her entire persona is designed (on purpose) to be everything /b/ hates, with predictable results

Oh my guchiness! I love when she plays Grand Theft Auto the Fifth.

#160 8 years ago

Thanks Deadflip! That was such a great way to get introduced to a new pin. I loved it. I hope something could be set up for the LE when it gets made, and future game releases as well.

#161 8 years ago

Looks like a damn fine playing pin. I imagine the sound is pretty impressive, it sounded impressive even over the stream, with the bad recording over web mic. Loved the S U P E R J A C K P O T DMD spell out, definitely a homage to Getaway.

#162 8 years ago

thanks Deadflip but next time gag Jody

#163 8 years ago

First time for me seeing a reveal like this. So damn cool. Game looks like a ton of fun even at this early code stage. Loved the interaction with pinheads while they played. Great job guys.

#164 8 years ago

Great video - I thought the pro light show was cool especially the Winter-Is-Coming "mode" which was all dark shadowy and white lights etc. Also thought the guys were having a good time - great that they were just shooting from the hip (pun intended) and answering questions as they went.

A ton of recent Avengers drama answered with one question and a text from Gomez, if only they could be that straight up on their Facebook page instead of trying to be all cryptic and mysterious, lol.

#165 8 years ago
Quoted from Sly_Old_Devil:

A ton of recent Avengers drama answered with one question and a text from Gomez, if only they could be that straight up on their Facebook page instead of trying to be all cryptic and mysterious, lol.

Must have missed that part, what was said about AV ?

#166 8 years ago

I've never watched the series of GOT but is it really about collecting gold to buy swords?

Also that video mode is shocking... it was fun in Defender of the Crown in 1987, and has to be said looked a lot better:

#167 8 years ago

looks awsome, nice an super quick, maybe the best dots ive ever seen...

#168 8 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

I've never watched the series of GOT but is it really about collecting gold to buy swords?

haha not at all, but the gold is a gimmick related to the House Lannister, which is known for their love of gold, and also a famous saying in Westeros: "A Lannister always pays his debt". But I think its a fun minor addition to the game, dont know how it will pan out in tournament play though, but we will see

#169 8 years ago

Thanks for doing this DeadFlip!

#170 8 years ago

Very fun live stream Dead_flip! What a cool way to showcase a new pin with the game designer. Super smooth, fast game play. It might be a hard sell for the LE after seeing the speed of the Pro. I am sure the Stern folks could have just went home after a long day of work but they stayed late to play and show us the game which says a lot.

#171 8 years ago

Also, while I don't personally watch twitch.tv, I don't think it's any weirder than this:

11745410_10153534065122094_9112117523932764235_n.jpg11745410_10153534065122094_9112117523932764235_n.jpg

#172 8 years ago

Respect for Steve Ritchie to not only attend the first showing of his game, but to give comments and engage in gameplay. Well done!

Boy that was a lot of video to see and feel the gameplay. Especially that killer 1 billion point game.
Very nice to see a couple of programmers like Tanio there too. Was the other player with Jody, Dwight?

#173 8 years ago

I'm kind of surprised that everyone is so positive, mainly because everyone is saying how fast it is and how much it flows... to me, it's fast because there's not much there besides lanes and ramps to shoot! I guess the combination of the code is what is making it appealing, and I get that, as IM to me is all about the code (but it has more on the playfield like the pop up monger and whiplash magnet, for example).

And this is not a bash post, only an observation on this game and it's reception. Goes to show that Stern can indeed strip down a game and get "oh yeah, looks great!" from the pinball crowd. There is certainly zero incentive for stern to spend significant money on new toys and gadgets given this.

#174 8 years ago

The looks as fast as I expected (but a little more so),
some shots I didn't expect,
all and all it's a game that from the start looks fun and challenging.
I sure hope we get one on location in my area.

#175 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

I'm kind of surprised that everyone is so positive, mainly because everyone is saying how fast it is and how much it flows... to me, it's fast because there's not much there besides lanes and ramps to shoot! I guess the combination of the code is what is making it appealing, and I get that, as IM to me is all about the code (but it has more on the playfield like the pop up monger and whiplash magnet, for example).
And this is not a bash post, only an observation on this game and it's reception. Goes to show that Stern can indeed strip down a game and get "oh yeah, looks great!" from the pinball crowd. There is certainly zero incentive for stern to spend significant money on new toys and gadgets given this.

I agree - I am really considering this game to fill one open spot I have but the game just looked so deserted. I guess the main toy/gimmick would be the dragon but it didn't really do anything (hopefully this changes). I had higher expectations for the "battering ram" and while the game does play fast, I don't know if there's enough there for me to pull the trigger...

#176 8 years ago

I agree. The game seems to have very little to shoot for on the pro. I like the concept of the code, but will need to play to see how it executes (could go either way).

The one positive I see out of this is that the code appears to be a bit further along than normal (it SHOULD be since the game has been in development for over 2 years now).

#177 8 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

Tron and Transformers, for sure.
Even KISS, now that I think of it.

Its in AC/DC as well.. but there is a mix..

#178 8 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

What does Jody do at Stern these days?
I can't really see that type of guy being a productive contributor to a business.

Marketing - I guess he's taking the angle of it's your job to be obnoxious and a douche to do the networking and pompous thing.

It comes with the territory... he's not the only one with that kind of personality in that space.

#179 8 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Marketing - I guess he's taking the angle of it's your job to be obnoxious and a douche to do the networking and pompous thing.

haha. Yeah, I asked a question on the twitch feed last night about what were all the animations that the dragon toy can do, and that Jody guy responded on the video with some BS snarky remarke that wasn't funny at all. That's fine, but at least follow up that nonsense with a serious answer.

#180 8 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

It comes with the territory... he's not the only one with that kind of personality in that space.

I really don't know where some people even get the energy to be so obnoxious.

#181 8 years ago
Quoted from KLR2014:

Must have missed that part, what was said about AV ?

Confirmed by Gomez that an update for Avengers was definitely coming, but no timeline.

Quoted from Sly_Old_Devil:

An Avengers code update has been confirmed a couple of times on Facebook. The only question was around the timeline. Unfortunately the first confirmation was about 8 months ago, so it must be low priority for the team righ tnow.

#182 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

Bingo. Flow is only worth so much when you are dropping $5k-$8k on a game. Take TWD for example. It's a pretty fast game. Would a physical ball lock in the prison toy slow the game down? Yes. Would the game be more enjoyable and provide more value though? Absolutely.

I'm sure TZ could have played faster if the mini playfield and gumball machine was removed and replaced with a ramp. POTC could play faster as well if the ship was represented by a ramp instead of the large interactive ship. Would Either of those games be as fun as they are today...hell no!

I'm not bashing NIB games that are fast and have high flow. Those are good things. However, a game with less features should be priced lower then those with far more. There's no reason why GOT pro should cost the same as Metallica Pro which offers far more (and more metal parts) for the same price.

#183 8 years ago

As excited as I am about the rules, sounds and dots, I thought the pro looked like complete shit. Yes, it flows. Every SR game does.

This game looks cheaper than Avatar, NBA and BBH. I thought those games were the absolute lowest points for Stern. Guess not.

#184 8 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Bingo. Flow is only worth so much when you are dropping $5k-$8k on a game. Take TWD for example. It's a pretty fast game. Would a physical ball lock in the prison toy slow the game down? Yes. Would the game be more enjoyable and provide more value though? Absolutely.
I'm sure TZ could have played faster if the mini playfield and gumball machine was removed and replaced with a ramp. POTC could play faster as well if the ship was represented by a ramp instead of the large interactive ship. Would Either of those games be as fun as they are today...hell no!
I'm not bashing NIB games that are fast and have high flow. Those are good things. However, a game with less features should be priced lower then those with far more. There's no reason why GOT pro should cost the same as Metallica Pro which offers far more (and more metal parts) for the same price.

It's sad that you can only equate a "great" pinball machine to one that has tons of "stuff." Some of the best games of all time would be considered cost reduced today. AFM is a great example.

#185 8 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Take TWD for example. It's a pretty fast game. Would a physical ball lock in the prison toy slow the game down? Yes. Would the game be more enjoyable and provide more value though? Absolutely.

Ridiculous.

#186 8 years ago

Custom dots >>>>> ripped video every time.

Compare Addams Family's DMD animations to Transformers. Both licensed properties based on movies. Which looks better?

#187 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

I could have predicted it would flow great with 70% of the shots being ramps or loops. Reminds me of Predator pin in some stripped down bizarro world.

#188 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

haha. Yeah, I asked a question on the twitch feed last night about what were all the animations that the dragon toy can do, and that Jody guy responded on the video with some BS snarky remarke that wasn't funny at all. That's fine, but at least follow up that nonsense with a serious answer.

Or the comments like "*I* will license..." or talking about what hobnobbing he's done. I deal with these folks all the time... its formula and predictable. You have to be self-pontificating in those circles as its their job to sell themselves. Just like Jared rubs people wrong when he's going on about his activities... his life IS promoting... they just can't help themselves and end up conditioning all their interactions into that formula.

#189 8 years ago

Well...first thing first. SOMEONE needs to change the call out for the start of blackwater multiball from. "Don't let Stanos into these walls" to "Anyone who dies with a clean sword, I'll rape their fucking corpse"

Oh anyone who can't find the video here

#190 8 years ago

Oh hey, was just looking through pictures, and found this shot...
Skil shot.jpgSkil shot.jpg

#191 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Edit: If you want to see what Twitch game streaming makes me think of, google "Brittany Venti". I'll stop going off topic now, very cool of Dead Flip to partner with Stern, was smart for both of you.

I want to see Brittany Venti live at Stern!

"3

"

#192 8 years ago

The gameplay on the pro model seems monotonous, even boring to me.
But somehow, after hours staring at the playfield art I don't mind it that much anyone.
Could see me buying a premium now.

I do like the basic ruleset of the game so far, they put some great ideas in there.
Also the collecting of gold and cashing it in is great feature in my opinion. Adds some strategic value to the game without beeing out of pinball canon.

#193 8 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

Also that video mode is shocking... it was fun in Defender of the Crown in 1987, and has to be said looked a lot better:

First thing i thought as well!
I seriously hope it is a place holder. That is actually embarrassing "gfx".

The game looks sweet, but the red DMD needs to go. It looks so dated...

Axl

#194 8 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

Also that video mode is shocking... it was fun in Defender of the Crown in 1987, and has to be said looked a lot better: » YouTube video

Funny, "Pirates!" on the NES is what came to mind for me. At least you can choose to never play it.

#195 8 years ago

Hard to watch the video with all the inane comments and chatter, especially while at work. Have to keep the sound down because of the constant chatter and would rather just watch and listen to the gameplay.

#196 8 years ago
Quoted from chessiv:

It's sad that you can only equate a "great" pinball machine to one that has tons of "stuff." Some of the best games of all time would be considered cost reduced today. AFM is a great example.

Let's be fair though. AFM is the only great example.

#197 8 years ago
Quoted from Axl:

The game looks sweet, but the red DMD needs to go. It looks so dated...

"That's the way it's looked for 30 years!"

Yes Jody, that's why it's time to go.

#198 8 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Let's be fair though. AFM is the only great example.

I disagree.

Tron and Iron Man aren't exactly loaded...and they are incredibly fun.

If you're looking for older examples, I can think of dozens of games that are super-fun, but don't actually have a lot on them. (Heck, take Centaur and Fathom, for example....those are incredibly fun, but don't even have ramps! Gasp!!)

GoT looks blisteringly fast. I like what I see, and I know absolutely nothing about the show, so it's not just some inner fanboy inside me that will give the game a pass based entirely on theme.

Pete

#199 8 years ago

It looks like fun but not 40% more fun than what I paid for Metallica!

#200 8 years ago
Quoted from DefaultGen:

I like the spinny roman numeral gear animation.

gear.gif

I actually don't like it at all. It reminds me of Stargate. In fact, the gold collecting portion also reminds me of mining for Quartz in Stargate as well.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
There are 299 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/game-of-thrones-pro-gameplay-live/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.