i-d20729cf9e0d847cadd13df24cc9eedc-rodney-dangerfield-picture-01.jpg
Untitled.jpg
image.jpg
bitch_bitch_bitch.jpg
Karateka.png
gear.gif
49622656.jpg
technicaldifficulties.jpg

There are 299 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 6.
#101 8 years ago

Yeah that dude is like some Punk kid with a truck drivers mouth. He needs a bit of charm school. I wish Jack would have used the player cam to zoom in on different areas of playfield. At least after Steve left.

Nice score Power ranger Danger!!

#102 8 years ago

Personally I'd love a video of this game without the commentary. While I believe the main theme can become repetitive, it's nowhere near as annoying as TSPP's constant barrage of "wacky" music. Plus there's some really good callouts here, you gotta love the start of Blackwater Multiball.

#103 8 years ago
Quoted from jeffgoldstein2:

Is the dragon suppose to do more on the le/premium??
I thought it was supposed to fly around?

The dragon is "more animated" on the LE/Premium (according to Jody's comments on tonight's video & what he's quoted on in interivews). That's all we know at this point until we actually see an LE/Premium gameplay video.

I'm betting that the dragon probably has additional up/down and/or side-to-side movement on the Premium/LE in addition to what we've seen on the Pro.

#104 8 years ago
Quoted from Kineticross:

Exactly. I like the Dead Flip guys when they're streaming for fun, but if an actual pinball company or someone major in the business is sponsoring and talking with them, they should take pinball much more seriously than they did today.
Also, Jody got on my nerves really quickly. I'd rather not see him. Jack all the way.

I don't think it should be necessarily serious. The dead flip guys were actually pretty funny IMO. I was referring to the stern peeps who weren't

#105 8 years ago

Where can I see the video?

#106 8 years ago
Quoted from mrgone:

For Pete's sake! Can't someone just post the vid on youtube so we can watch it?

It's archived on twitch. Just watch it there.

#108 8 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Where can I see the video?

Twitch on Dead_Flip's channel. If you don't want to create an account my guess is it will be posted to Youtube at some point. (You may not need to create a Twitch account, I dunno).

#109 8 years ago
Quoted from aingide:

Hmm...isn't the Elvira call-out just the Twitch stream when someone donates?

Oh is it? That would make a lot more sense.

I dunno man, I'm getting old I guess, this whole donate to people live streaming games thing just holds zero interest for me. I thought it was very cool of Stern to get them in there, don't get me wrong, but I'm not going to tune in to watch them BS and play pinball and give them money.

More power to them for making it work though, not at hater, just kind of don't get the appeal I guess. But beyond that I obviously haven't watched it before, and didn't know they had that call as part of their stream and not the game!

#110 8 years ago
#111 8 years ago

Must be my computer I can't play it
image.jpgimage.jpg

#112 8 years ago

When was the last time there was ripped video in a Stern DMD? I thought they had quit that. It looks really bad. The ramps looked super fast. I'm thinking the really good tournament players are gonna tear this game up. Plus it has those double kickbacks. That's gonna make some really long ball times.

#113 8 years ago

I actually thought the game was pretty cool! Looked fast ,fun to me.

#114 8 years ago
Quoted from Kineticross:

Personally I'd love a video of this game without the commentary. While I believe the main theme can become repetitive, it's nowhere near as annoying as TSPP's constant barrage of "wacky" music. Plus there's some really good callouts here, you gotta love the start of Blackwater Multiball.

I thought the video did a great job of letting us see how the game plays and I enjoyed the interaction between the players. It was fun seeing Steve and listening to his comments.

Many thanks to the people who put it together.

#115 8 years ago

I think the stream was awesome. There were some annoyances, but to me this is light years better than Stern's normal approach when a new game comes out. We got to see well over an hour's worth of live gameplay of the Pro, lots of questions answered, got to see Ritchie play and answer questions, all before they have shipped the game.

I like Dead Flip's streams, they always remind me that pinball is about having fun playing a game. Sometimes that gets lost with all the negativity and crapping on people and games that goes on in the forums.

I hope they do a similar thing for the Premium/LE in a few weeks time.

#116 8 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

When was the last time there was ripped video in a Stern DMD? I thought they had quit that. It looks really bad.

I totally agree, and I said as much during the stream. Jody shut me down with an "it's worked for 30 years" answer.

#117 8 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

I thought the video did a great job of letting us see how the game plays and I enjoyed the interaction between the players. It was fun seeing Steve and listening to his comments.
Many thanks to the people who put it together.

Honestly, I have enjoyed their streams. I think they can be a bit obnoxious when they take jokes in the chat too far, but for the most part, they're very informative in their approach and I like that a lot. I never meant anything against them, it was really just my bias towards gameplay without commentary.

Just remember it could be worse. You could have three obnoxious people who were just hired as PR and know nothing about the actual pinball machine host it, with no Steve Ritchie or Greg Freres in sight. That would be horrendous.

#118 8 years ago
Quoted from Kineticross:

Honestly, I have enjoyed their streams. I think they can be a bit obnoxious when they take jokes in the chat too far, but for the most part, they're very informative in their approach and I like that a lot. I never meant anything against them, it was really just my bias towards gameplay without commentary.
Just remember it could be worse. You could have three obnoxious people who were just hired as PR and know nothing about the actual pinball machine host it, with no Steve Ritchie or Greg Freres in sight. That would be horrendous.

Kinda what we saw...

#119 8 years ago
Quoted from Kineticross:

Absolutely. I also appreciate that those guys could actually play pinball and put the machine through its paces.

#120 8 years ago

The code looks really good so far and makes the code for KISS look really bad. I would have no problem dumping my KISS pro for this game.

Rob

#121 8 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

When was the last time there was ripped video in a Stern DMD? I thought they had quit that. It looks really bad.

Tron had ripped video didn't it?

#122 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Oh is it? That would make a lot more sense.
I dunno man, I'm getting old I guess, this whole donate to people live streaming games thing just holds zero interest for me. I thought it was very cool of Stern to get them in there, don't get me wrong, but I'm not going to tune in to watch them BS and play pinball and give them money.
More power to them for making it work though, not at hater, just kind of don't get the appeal I guess. But beyond that I obviously haven't watched it before, and didn't know they had that call as part of their stream and not the game!

It was actually pretty obvious, so I'm guessing you didn't watch it very long.

Stern doing this was a great idea! Watching Steve Ritchie play his own pin, and explain some of the rules was cool.

I hope they make this a regular thing with their new releases. Not sure why the need to criticize the money/donation part, when that was totally optional and not in any way required to see the broadcast. I have zero problem with it, and in fact, if it makes it more likely that we will see these broadcasts of new Stern pins in the future, I might consider donating myself...like Iceman44 and others from this forum did.

#123 8 years ago

Watched the live stream...game looked like a lot of fun, and very fast. I sure hope they do this for every release from here on out.

Very curious about the Premium. I don't think I've ever seen a Pro/LE release that appear to vary so wildly in gameplay. Pro looks like a mega-flow game....not sure if the upper pf in the LE will be a plus.

Pete

#124 8 years ago
Quoted from tvbenk:

Tron had ripped video didn't it?

Tron and Transformers, for sure.

Even KISS, now that I think of it.

#125 8 years ago

Thanks to everyone who watched tonight! Those of you that stuck around, all the love.

R. I. P. The patience of the Internet...

#126 8 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

But is the video mode really optional? Technically the video mode in STTNG is optional as well, but if you skip it you miss out on about 100 million points.

Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yes. It is one of the options of mystery. Looks like the mystery shot gives you three options.

Well since it will be used in tournament play, I bet there is 99% chance you can disable in menu. But yes, you can skip, you hit the dragon scoop and you get 3 options, keep your multipliers/gold, cash them for points, or do the 3rd which changes, and video mode is one, enable extra ball was another.

#127 8 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

Watched the live stream...game looked like a lot of fun, and very fast. I sure hope they do this for every release from here on out.
Very curious about the Premium. I don't think I've ever seen a Pro/LE release that appear to vary so wildly in gameplay. Pro looks like a mega-flow game....not sure if the upper pf in the LE will be a plus.
Pete

Pete - the day you buy a pro over a premium is the day I sell my off my collection

-PC

#128 8 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

Thanks to everyone who watched tonight! Those of you that stuck around, all the love.

I never logged in but watched almost all. Thanks!

#129 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

It was actually pretty obvious, so I'm guessing you didn't watch it very long.

I watched the first bit, before it went off the air. Then I tuned in later for a few games. I saw Gomez f**king around with Hulk and Optimus on top of the machine, saw people asking about the Jurassic Park code, the Avengers code, what the sword insert meant.

But I had it on a second monitor and I wasn't watching every second, so if there was some donation thing that showed up during every jackpot I missed that. Just heard the callout and thought it was the woman they had doing an Elvira impression. Was kinda confusing since this was my first time hearing the game.

Quoted from RobT:

Stern doing this was a great idea! Watching Steve Ritchie play his own pin, and explain some of the rules was cool.

Totally agree, great idea!

Quoted from RobT:

Not sure why the need to criticize the money/donation part, when that was totally optional and not in any way required to see the broadcast.

Oh yeah, no, it's totally fine. I'm just saying that I don't get the whole Twitch culture. There are people who make a ton of money streaming their gameplay in real time (Dota 2, LoL, Hearthstone, etc) along with pitches for money, and good for them. It's just not something I really get. I like PAPA TV, and donated to the kickstarter, I don't feel entirely out of touch, but some of it is just weird to me. I'm speaking in general about Twitch, not Dead Flip specifically.

Edit: If you want to see what Twitch game streaming makes me think of, google "Brittany Venti". I'll stop going off topic now, very cool of Dead Flip to partner with Stern, was smart for both of you.

#130 8 years ago

Why does the video not work now? I get the same thing as Concretehardt. It worked for me earlier.

Anyone know? I'd like to watch the whole thing...

#131 8 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

Great job Jack. Ton's of fun watching this, and you killed it with that score over a billion.

Really hope to see you do more of these with new Stern releases, including the LE or Premium version of GOT (since it's so different than the pro with the mini PF).

Thanks again.

#132 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

including the LE or Premium version of GOT

Second that! If there was ever a Stern that needed a real comparison between Pro and Prem, this is it. I can't think of another Pro/Prem Stern title with such vastly different features when it comes to actual gameplay.

#133 8 years ago

Interesting gameplay and alot further along than most of their games at release. Thanks for the vids

#134 8 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

Tron and Transformers, for sure.
Even KISS, now that I think of it.

Really, Kiss? What was the video of? A concert? Just looking at a list of Stern releases, Star Trek was probably the last with ripped video in the DMD. Did Walking Dead have any ripped video? I know it had a ton of animations.

I was one of the few people that was glad to see a DMD in GOT but I hate ripped video. It always looks like a bunch of blobs moving around. Transformers was the worst considering the movie already looked like a bunch of blobs moving around.

I did enjoy the stream though and hope they keep doing it. The game looks super fast and fun.

#135 8 years ago

What does Jody do at Stern these days?

I can't really see that type of guy being a productive contributor to a business.

#136 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I hope they make this a regular thing with their new releases.

This live stream was the best possible game play video... rather than the common low-res videos with people who can't shoot, this had a half a dozen players and hours worth of video, not to mention Q&A from those who worked on it, pointing out features, even discussing code releases on other games. Nicely done.

#137 8 years ago

Here is the link to the Show tonight.

Still transcoding, will be available soon.
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5FZSIQycoI1Jiei3DaTbZhvaM_aN_Z

For now, here are the twitch direct links
PT1: http://www.twitch.tv/dead_flip/v/18232636
PT2: http://www.twitch.tv/dead_flip/v/18246015

#138 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

It is fun at times mostly when your drinking and get interaction with others going. In chat some guys ask about rules, some about play style but lot of times just BS like your hanging out watching a friend play. Some days it is great others a little boring but Jack does a super job interacting with the chat room and even like today with lots of people and new machine etc. Still keeps the interaction going. It is like TV of the future. I have tipped him but refuse to join the league and pay a subscription fee. I just can not do it.
One thing I did notice was how quickly old the music pins get. He streams every day at around the same time for several hours and if he is in good mood and tons of people watching it goes longer. But by day two or three of the week he is already dreading playing without the radio on.
The over 24hr stream was like on a whim thing that was brilliant.
He has had some good guests like recent Gary Stern.
Jack in a power ranger suit.
Give him an idea and you just never know.
Has done a couple give aways

It is fun if your schedule fits check it out.
Yeah if your a vendor your nuts not to support a channel. Like Titan and the Buffalo club. Get to see the product in action. Smart move.

Pinball Joe is streaming for a good cause, I was watching and even won a signed Borg translite. They raffled a one in 250 for a GoT that was awesome.

Still no idea what a twitch is?

#139 8 years ago

"No, it's not like Star Trek"

Untitled.jpgUntitled.jpg

#140 8 years ago

I get it. Totally get it. But I'm in channels talking to people all day, that's part of my job. My whole team works remotely.

So I guess I'd rather just enjoy more purposeful TV with less chatting with more folks. I realize it's hugely popular. But not appealing for me. I've watched a little Hearthstone, I have friends who are big eSport fans, I'm not ignorant about using it. Just ... eh.

Good for Dead Flip though! Not hating at all, it sounds like a great way to have a community chill.

#141 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I get it. Totally get it. But I'm in channels talking to people all day, that's part of my job. My whole team works remotely.
So I guess I'd rather just enjoy more purposeful TV with less chatting with more folks. I realize it's hugely popular. But not appealing for me. I've watched a little Hearthstone, I have friends who are big eSport fans, I'm not ignorant about using it. Just ... eh.
Good for Dead Flip though! Not hating at all, it sounds like a great way to have a community chill.

<3
Some days are chill, some days are crazy.
Depends on how many people are on, and the attitude at the time.
In this instance, how can you not be loud and excited playing an unreleased pin with Steve Ritchie?!

#142 8 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

Thanks a lot for doing the show and for getting these vids up to youtube so quickly! Much appreciated.

#143 8 years ago
Quoted from CNKay:

He streams every day at around the same time for several hours and if he is in good mood and tons of people watching it goes longer

He does this everyday? I didn't know that. I'll have to check it out more often.

#144 8 years ago

I shared your excitement from my couch!

Quoted from DeadFlip:

<3
Some days are chill, some days are crazy.
Depends on how many people are on, and the attitude at the time.
In this instance, how can you not be loud and excited playing an unreleased pin with Steve Ritchie?!

#145 8 years ago

If Deadflip can have a preview without Jody next time, I'd watch. Looking forward to seeing how the LE plays.

#146 8 years ago

You guys and your fear/confusion of Twitch make me laugh
"Upload it to youtube" sounds so old-school and 'last gen' to me now. "Where's them VHS cassettes at?!"

Don't get me wrong - I can't relate to the donation and subscribing thing for 99% of channels either, but that doesn't mean you cant enjoy some great gaming/hobby/esports content.

Thanks for the work DeadFlip!

#147 8 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

Thanks DF!

#148 8 years ago
Quoted from Purpledrilmonkey:

You guys and your fear/confusion of Twitch make me laugh
"Upload it to youtube" sounds so old-school and 'last gen' to me now. "Where's them VHS cassettes at?!"
Don't get me wrong - I can't relate to the donation and subscribing thing for 99% of channels either, but that doesn't mean you cant enjoy some great gaming/hobby/esports content.
Thanks for the work DeadFlip!

Thanks for the love!!
Subscriptions means more exposure which means more pinheads which means more demand, which means more pins.
Donations are just a way from people to show their support in a monetary fashion, to allow me to keep doing what I do 5 days a week.
I have fun playing pinball and showing it off.
If people want to hate, they can. The internet is a funny place.
<3

#149 8 years ago

Thanks for the live stream and video dead flip, great stuff.
The game looks good, nice flow and possibly a deep ruleset too. Scoring seemed a bit out of ballance, many millions with one ramp shot and that quickly building up if you hit the right shots. Oh, and the video mode was borderline ridiculous. Other than than, I'm starting to warm up to the pin...

#150 8 years ago

I thought it was great and would like to see more of it!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
$ 52.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Collegeville, PA
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds
Toys/Add-ons
6,575 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Wayne, IN
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 96.00
Lighting - Interactive
ArcadeMade
Interactive
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
There are 299 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/game-of-thrones-pro-gameplay-live/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.