i-d20729cf9e0d847cadd13df24cc9eedc-rodney-dangerfield-picture-01.jpg
Untitled.jpg
image.jpg
bitch_bitch_bitch.jpg
Karateka.png
gear.gif
49622656.jpg
technicaldifficulties.jpg

There are 299 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 6.
#1 8 years ago

http://www.twitch.tv/dead_flip

So big gameplay reveal is about to happen.

Discuss?????

#2 8 years ago

The first game is going to be SDTM palooza, and then the stream will end.

#3 8 years ago

cant wait to complain about the art

#4 8 years ago

What the ?? He isn't on??? Jojo you got me!

Twitch e con is over right? Jack has been officially brainwashed into the royal twitch family. Enjoy it but don't see it lasting very long. All the cup shaking for handouts, donations, and support. It is pretty sad.

Hope he just becomes a big TV star that is why I watch and try to help make it fun.

#5 8 years ago

Video mode cool.

#6 8 years ago

The game is looking pretty sweet so far. Ramps are insanely fast, code seems to be pretty far along in development, much more content there than previous Stern games have launched with. Also Ritchie mentioned that video mode is always a choice, and the player can choose not to play it, so that implies that it will be able to be disabled in Tournament mode, which I'm pretty happy about.

#7 8 years ago
Quoted from wellarmed:

Video mode cool.

are you being sarcastic? buy an Atari 2600 if you want games like that....

#8 8 years ago

Feed is down.

#9 8 years ago

DMD animations looked smooth as well, and as mentioned before, those ramps are crazy fast.

#10 8 years ago

That was a cool 7 minutes.

#11 8 years ago
Quoted from wellarmed:

Video mode cool.

My Apple IIe blew the doors off that... in 1983.

#12 8 years ago

technicaldifficulties.jpgtechnicaldifficulties.jpg

#13 8 years ago

idk what happened, but here is a thing

http://www.twitch.tv/dead_flip/v/18232636

#14 8 years ago

I'm sure Stern's factory doesn't have the speed and consistency that Jack's studio has. Live or not, I'll be looking forward to viewing the videos and seeing how the game play's as well as hearing from Steve on the rules.

#15 8 years ago
Quoted from canea:

My Apple IIe blew the doors off that... in 1983.

Video mode looks like a crappy video game from 1979? So it's on par with every other video mode ever made then!

#16 8 years ago

The two modes he played "house Lannister" and "house Stark" looked cool too. And they were different from each other, not just different colored flashing shots like ST. Good start for the little that was shown before the feed went down.

#17 8 years ago

They should have got me to do it :p

#18 8 years ago

Dragon didnt seem to do much at all.

#19 8 years ago

The machine didn't seem to do much at all.

#20 8 years ago
Quoted from jeffgoldstein2:

Yeah. He only hit it a couple times so maybe you have to start some mode to get it animated a la Martians on AFM. But more animated obviously.

#21 8 years ago

It has some nice flow, but I worry that the upper playfield on the premium/LE will have a negative impact in this regard.

#22 8 years ago

Best Stern ever
AFM on speed
10K by Christmas
SEND MONEY NOW !!

#23 8 years ago

The stream has been offline for 20 minutes.

Blame the dragons.

#24 8 years ago

saw it for like 5 min then gone, was that planned to be that short?

#25 8 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

saw it for like 5 min then gone, was that planned to be that short?

Technical difficulties, Jack is working to get it back online.

#26 8 years ago

looked okay. Not amazing and not total crap either. You can tell they were going for the MM feel doing that video mode. Video mode graphics looked very basic though. not buying but at least it looks better than that wrestling pin

#27 8 years ago

Pretty cool that Steve Ritchie was there for the play by play at least while it lasted. I am interested to see more...

#28 8 years ago

Come on live feed! Dead_flop

#29 8 years ago

Looks OK. Has that signature smooth SR flow. The video mode I would personally avoid.

#30 8 years ago

My two worries are 1. Upper Play field affect on game play and that damn soundtrack playing over and over. My coworker made me turn it off because she was getting annoyed by it already.
Guess I will have to see and play at expo and then see what the LE/Prem add or detract. Right now I dont seem to care much either way. Nothing blowing my mind and making jump any hype trains.

I have to believe its not just me and that Stern fans like myself have enough games that play the same. Just changing theme is not enough anymore. I hope some design changes can be implemented in new games or some of us will just have enough of the same old to not want more.

#31 8 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

It has some nice flow, but I worry that the upper playfield on the premium/LE will have a negative impact in this regard.

Exactly. It will. This can't be denied. So if a fast pin with great flow is your priority, the pro is going to be the way to go.

#32 8 years ago

Game looks good, has cool rpg features and those ramps are smooth as butta. It is a players game over a work of art...but that works too. Interested to see more in depth gameplay.

EDIT: video mode is neat. I love they brought it back and you don't even have to play it. So all you negative nancy's can skip it

#33 8 years ago

Tough to tell, but I didn't recognize any of the voice actors as being part of the show. The audio wasn't very good though...

#34 8 years ago
Quoted from jeffgoldstein2:

So far what we've seen is that it's a kickback and a lock.

#35 8 years ago

Just a notice for all those new to Dead Flip: These types of technical problems are very atypical for Dead Flip, the usual Dead Flip broadcasts are smooth and entertaining. The reason that there's issues today is because is because they're broadcasting from a different location than the usual DF studio, and the problem couldn't have been forseen/easily fixed by Jack.

#36 8 years ago

Game looks good, art be damned. But other than flow, I'm not seeing one standout element of the game, including code. Shoot the blinkey lights, etc. God I hope it's better than that.

And I totally agree on the music (Dave). I actually like the theme song...but how long do we have to listen to it?

#37 8 years ago
Quoted from thearcadegeek:

Tough to tell, but I didn't recognize any of the voice actors as being part of the show. The audio wasn't very good though...

yeah, probably beta code, the hound was supposed to provide call outs, and all I heard was a female voice.

#38 8 years ago
Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

Just a notice for all those new to Dead Flip: These types of technical problems are very atypical for Dead Flip, the usual Dead Flip broadcasts are smooth and entertaining. The reason that there's issues today is because is because they're broadcasting from a different location than the usual DF studio, and the problem couldn't have been forseen/easily fixed by Jack.

I totally believe it. Tough to walk into a new setup, I'm sure no one is blaming them. This is just a gameplay demo, if they (worst case) have to reschedule it not a huge deal. Not like it was some special one time event.

I'm going to save the rest of my comments until we actually get to see more, make sure I'm being fair. I give credit to Stern for trying to get gameplay footage out so fast, think of how many games in the past we would have loved to see this for. It's a good idea, even if it broke.

I will say this though, to echo my comment from the other thread: being able to skip the video mode is cool, because it looks dull and video modes in pinball are by and large lame, but why even do it at all if you can just skip it? Just exactly speak to their confidence in it. I would have just left it out, no one would have noticed or cared. Oh well, not a huge deal, just seems odd to make something that most people are going to just always skip. Or at least I know I would.

#39 8 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

I have to believe its not just me and that Stern fans like myself have enough games that play the same. Just changing theme is not enough anymore. I hope some design changes can be implemented in new games or some of us will just have enough of the same old to not want more.

except for when they change it up to say WWE, people hate it

#40 8 years ago

The rules on it look pretty cool. They didn't get too deep into it but using the gold to buy bonuses and such throughout the game is interesting. Can lead to some unique strategies.

#41 8 years ago

Note on the video mode. While a lot of pinball regulars may choose to skip it, I am fairly confident that non pinball regulars will think it is their favorite part of the game (sans multiball).

Time spent on the machine with no risk of game over is a huge bonus to Joe Ijustwannadumpsomequartersinsomething.

As such, good job considering all players when implementing your VM, Steve.

#42 8 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

except for when they change it up to say WWE, people hate it

Innovation is risky. You can stick to the tried and true formula and have a good idea what the result will be even if it's not exciting, or you can try something new that might be better or might totally suck.

#43 8 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

EDIT: video mode is neat. I love they brought it back and you don't even have to play it. So all you negative nancy's can skip it

But is the video mode really optional? Technically the video mode in STTNG is optional as well, but if you skip it you miss out on about 100 million points.

#44 8 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

But is the video mode really optional? Technically the video mode in STTNG is optional as well, but if you skip it you miss out on about 100 million points.

Yes. It is one of the options of mystery. Looks like the mystery shot gives you three options.

#45 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I will say this though, to echo my comment from the other thread: being able to skip the video mode is cool, because it looks dull and video modes in pinball are by and large lame, but why even do it at all if you can just skip it? Just exactly speak to their confidence in it. I would have just left it out, no one would have noticed or cared. Oh well, not a huge deal, just seems odd to make something that most people are going to just always skip. Or at least I know I would.

I'm with you, but I actually think that your statement about most people will just be skipping it may be wrong. I base this solely on a poll that was posted here about video modes. Much to my surprise, most people were actually in favor of bringing back a video mode.

Edit: here is the poll, and it's not even close. 62% want a video brought back (HELL YEAH!) and only 25% say no. 13% say sure, as long as you can cancel it.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bring-back-video-modes

#46 8 years ago
Quoted from thearcadegeek:

I thought I heard some Stark callouts that sounded like they are ones from the show. The code is still extremely early and of course will improve. Overall the game seems alright at this point. There's a ton of flow but that's not something in my opinion to get overly excited about considering the price of the game and lack of features on the playfield. Any pin can play fast if you put less on the playfield but when the game is nearly $5k you also expect some pretty interesting features / toys in the game as well.

I do like that they put a physical ball lock on the pro and the dragon kickback. The battering ram toy doesn't seem to have much impact due to it only moving maybe an inch if that.

I' am surprised that Stern is choosing to go with video clips from the show over DMD dot animations. Video clips typically look terrible on a DMD and traditional DMD dot animations would much better fit this games playfield artwork. Perhaps they are just filler and will change to dot animations as the code progresses.

#47 8 years ago

I like some of the old video modes. Because some of them were actually pretty fun. Like GnR and No Fear. Not sure about the looks of this one though.

#48 8 years ago

Are people able to watch the replay? It doesn't seem to be working for me on my iPad.

#49 8 years ago

Pretty sure there were lines from Arya in there.

#50 8 years ago

Stream problems still being worked out, hasn't been abandoned. Top men are working on it.

49622656.jpg49622656.jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
6,575 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Wayne, IN
There are 299 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/game-of-thrones-pro-gameplay-live and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.