Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by joemamma
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

I've got a GOT pro on route that the flippers go dead during ball lock and multi ball call outs. I've updated the software twice with fresh downloads, put in a new node board and it still hasn't fixed the problem.

I just sent Chas an email again but thought I'd open up this topic here in case someone has seen this before. It is repeatable and consistent. It happens every ball lock when the ball is released and multi ball you usually lose 1-2 balls at the start of mb. I've looked everything over I can and don't see anything. I took a video of it today but it won't tell you anything I haven't said already.

I hope to get this fixed before the coin door gets completely kicked in from pissed off players.

Thanks for the help.

Chris Kruger

#2 7 years ago

Reseat the cables that attach to the trough opto boards. This is a common problem with Stern.

#3 7 years ago

Trough opto boards control the flippers? I'll try anything but my issue seems more like a programming issue or a hardware failure since it is repeatable not like a loose wire. I'll try it in any case, I just have trouble following the logic behind this.

Thanks for the help.

ck

#4 7 years ago

The trough opts boards signal that a ball has drained and take power away from the flippers.

#5 7 years ago

Ahh I gotcha. No it's not going to ball over. Chas mentioned when node board over volts it shuts down. He thinks I have a lamp causing high voltage use and he he board shuts down. He said if I changed led flashers to incandescent lamps this will happen.

#6 7 years ago

Solved....

One of the can spot lights either died or fell out, I put a 555 in it. To much power on node board, new sterns can't use incandescent lamps, they pull too much power.

Who'd of thunk it????????

Chris Kruger

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 6,395.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Collegeville, PA
7,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Raleigh, NC
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/game-of-thrones-pro-flippers-die-during-ball-lock-and-mi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.