(Topic ID: 138414)

Game of Thrones Pinball:Article reveals inside info!

By Pinzzz

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 30 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by pinballwil
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

whiny.jpg
#1 8 years ago

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/09/08/game-of-thrones-pinball-machine-first-images-details-and-release-window?abthid=55f06cfaeb0f59047600000b

Stern worked with HBO on the project (Dankberg describes the show creators as "enormous pinball fans"), even recruiting Rory McCann, who plays Sandor "The Hound" Clegane in the HBO show, to shout at you as you play, over the sounds of a very angry Drogon toy.

#2 8 years ago

oops!.I didn't know this was up on stern's facebook page also.
I visit IGN.com frequently and thought some pinheads might not.
So,I guess this is for the pinheads who don't use Facebook.

#3 8 years ago

We should send HBO some pictures with pins from the competition. WOZ, TH, TBL, FT, Aliens soon.

It is almost embarrassing to see the differances for about the same prices Stern is asking.

If the show creators really are into pinball i think they start to drewl by only imagining how good a GOT JJP pin would have looked.

#4 8 years ago

Approved by Stern and HBO.I guess
This is how They envisioned the GOT pinball to look.
It is nowhere near what I envisioned.
Therefore I will not buy!

#5 8 years ago
Quoted from Plungemaster:

We should send HBO some pictures with pins from the competition. WOZ, TH, TBL, FT, Aliens soon.
It is almost embarrassing to see the differances for about the same prices Stern is asking.
If the show creators really are into pinball i think they start to drewl by only imagining how good a GOT JJP pin would have looked.

And are half of these pins going to see the light of day anytime soon? Are any of them going to be even close to a Premium in terms of pricing? I sure as hell know TBL, TH and WoZ aren't. Not sure on the Highway pinball offerings as far as price goes. Its kind of amusing that you think these companies are really that much of a threat to Sterns Business. Stern will probably release 2-3 more titles before they even get their titles out the door.

#6 8 years ago

Keep them coming!
But this was my dream theme pin.
And in my eyes.Its a total fail!.

#7 8 years ago

Would HBO want to do a licensing deal with JJP? Isn't part of the whole deal a royalty on each pin sold? Would they still get a royalty on a cancelled preorder? On an undelivered pin?

Stern probably showed them their secret sales figures. What figures do Jack or Dutch Pinball have? Maybe not the kind to bring in the royalty bucks.

#8 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinzzz:

Keep them coming!
But this was my dream theme pin.
And in my eyes.Its a total fail!.

Go read that ACDC pics revealed thread

#9 8 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

And are half of these pins going to see the light of day anytime soon? Are any of them going to be even close to a Premium in terms of pricing? I sure as hell know TBL, TH and WoZ aren't. Not sure on the Highway pinball offerings as far as price goes. Its kind of amusing that you think these companies are really that much of a threat to Sterns Business. Stern will probably release 2-3 more titles before they even get their titles out the door.

1. Who cares when they come, but they will, soon.
2. Yes, in Holland stern premium are as expensive as any other pin.
3. You sure as hell dont no shit is what we have learned at point 2
4. What threat? Who is threathening who? How do you come up with these nonsense?
5. 2-3 overpriced, old gen pins, yes they will. And they will never reach the code finishline.

Anything else?

#10 8 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Go read that ACDC pics revealed thread

Not only does the cab art suck.
But also the Playfield art sucks.
And the castle is a cheap looking plastic box.
MM has a 3d castle.ACDC has a 3d bell.ST had a 3d vengenence ship.TWD has a 3d barn.
They couldn't build a 3d castle for GoT.=Weak!
Most expensive cheapest looking stern pin to date.

#11 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinzzz:

Not only does the cab art suck.
But also the Playfield art sucks.
And the castle is a cheap looking plastic box.
MM has a 3d castle.ACDC has a 3d bell.ST had a 3d vengenence ship.TWD has a 3d barn.
They couldn't build a 3d castle for GoT.=Weak!
Most expensive cheapest looking stern pin to date.

GOT has a 3D dragon. And it actually has a body.
Not to mention the awesome iron throne...

Look...Stern had to leave SOMETHING for the Modfather to do. Don't worry...those castle walls are being molded as we speak!

#12 8 years ago

I'm just so surprised that they chose to use gears for the PF art when it really has nothing to do with the show besides the short intro into the episodes. I think it's really telling regarding theme integration that whomever pitched and created the artwork didn't have a clue to what GoT is all about.

#13 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

What does the dragon do in GOT?

#14 8 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

What does the dragon do in GOT?

How the hell do I know? But supposedly it's motorized. The wings flap, it moves up and down or something, and the ball kicks back at you from it. We won't really know the interactivity of it until the videos come out.

#15 8 years ago

"Animated" on pro, "Motorized and animated" on premium. I'd guess it flaps on the pro, turns and flaps on the premium?

#17 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Not to mention the awesome iron throne...
Look...Stern had to leave SOMETHING for the Modfather to do. Don't worry...those castle walls are being molded as we speak!

Not to included at least a free standing
Throne in the pro that is not interactive on a GoT pin is mind boggling.
But our Pinside MOD team will figure it out!

#18 8 years ago

3 of the 5 games you mentioned do not even exist yet and one of them just started shipping a very limited amount of games. I like JJP games but the drool you speak of would long since be dried up by the time JJP could make a game. If they started right now we would at best see a game in 2018.

#19 8 years ago

Yay another thread for the same people to complain about the game.

#20 8 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Yay another thread for the same people to complain about the game.

Come back soon!

#21 8 years ago

Hhhm, not so sure about FT included in that list. It reminded me of this post:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hobbit-update-1/page/158#post-2639330

And for reference, the playfield image is in this post being compared to TH:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hobbit-update-1/page/158#post-2639158

Still looking forward to play it at the unveiling party in Vancouver though. Plus, FT isn't a licensed theme so the graphics aren't as significant.

#22 8 years ago

1. Who cares when they come, but they will, soon.
2. Yes, in Holland stern premium are as expensive as any other pin.
3. You sure as hell dont no shit is what we have learned at point 2
4. What threat? Who is threathening who? How do you come up with these nonsense?
5. 2-3 overpriced, old gen pins, yes they will. And they will never reach the code finishline.
Anything else?

Well lets take them one at a time:
1. I'm assuming the people who prepaid for them years ago care when they come out.
2. You answer to number one is probably how most people in the States feel about Holland.
3. And your right I don't know what you pay and really couldn't care less.
4. You really think HBO didn't sign off on the art package? Yes i'm sure Stern didn't bother to show them anything.
5. Yet i'll be able to play these pins with their so called "incomplete code" while you are still waiting for your TBL. I'd love to compare my TWD premium with its unfinished code to TBL or TH but for some reason can't find one anywhere to compare it too......lol

#23 8 years ago

Man Smassa pretty much nailed it. Sort of shocking when I completely agree with him.

#24 8 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Well lets take them one at a time:
1. I'm assuming the people who prepaid for them years ago care when they come out.
2. You answer to number one is probably how most people in the States feel about Holland.
3. And your right I don't know what you pay and really couldn't care less.
4. You really think HBO didn't sign off on the art package? Yes i'm sure Stern didn't bother to show them anything.
5. Yet i'll be able to play these pins with their so called "incomplete code" while you are still waiting for your TBL. I'd love to compare my TWD premium with its unfinished code to TBL or TH but for some reason can't find one anywhere to compare it too......lol

Good comeback.....

You were wrong, and you confirmed it with this troll post. And i see you care enough for Hollands and the worlds biggest pinside.

#25 8 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Man Smassa pretty much nailed it. Sort of shocking when I completely agree with him.

You agreed with an idiot that avoided my points and just put out some random insults to a whole nation.

Good for you.

#26 8 years ago

You agreed with an idiot that avoided my points and just put out some random insults to a whole nation.
Good for you.

Dude wtf are you talking about??? You didn't make one valid point in your hissy fit of a rant/tantrum.

How many Hobbits have shipped? How many Full Throttle's? How many Aliens and TBL's???

We get it you don't like what Stern is putting out. Many of us are happy with some of the games they have been building. Don't like them? Fine don't buy them. Go play a game on your hobbit or TBL. Good luck with that!!!

Man where is Rob's whinny JPEG when you need it!

#27 8 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Man where is Rob's whinny JPEG when you need it!

whiny.jpgwhiny.jpg

#28 8 years ago

Little known fact: That's a picture of Rob as a small boy.

#29 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Little known fact: That's a picture of Rob as a small boy.

What do you mean little known fact? I thought I had made it very clear.

#30 8 years ago

Where is the inside info????.
I don't care if this treat closes.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Raleigh, NC
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Collegeville, PA
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6,395.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,575 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Wayne, IN
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/game-of-thrones-pinballarticle-reveals-inside-info and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.